OK Lawmakers Consider Outlawing Young...

OK Lawmakers Consider Outlawing Young Children Being Left Home Alone

There are 8 comments on the News9 Oklahoma City story from May 1, 2013, titled OK Lawmakers Consider Outlawing Young Children Being Left Home Alone. In it, News9 Oklahoma City reports that:

Wood says he will consider new legislation but does not want to cross a fine line between infringing on parental rights versus child safety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News9 Oklahoma City.

Stuff U Hate to Read

Tulsa, OK

#1 May 2, 2013
Why not? They infringe on so many other rights.

"Wood says he will consider new legislation but does not want to cross a fine line between infringing on parental rights versus child safety"
Oklahoma River

Medicine Hat, Canada

#2 May 12, 2013
I think that it time to start turning in Okla. lawmakers, DA's and judges in to Child Protective Services and have their children taken from them and let them learn about the evil monster they have created. When people who have not broken any laws can have CPS walk in their home and just take children out of their home just because DHS wants to. All of these elected officials need to be thrown out of office if they support these types of activities. I am for going to all of their re-election campaigns and asking them in front of a crowd if they support DHS taking children without due process in front of a court and if they don't then they do not deserve to be in office. Our forefathers fought WWll against governments that engaged in these kind of activities. You don't steal peoples children. I would rather put up with the drugs than allow a government entity to steal peoples children without due process.
great

Mustang, OK

#3 May 12, 2013
Oklahoma River wrote:
I think that it time to start turning in Okla. lawmakers, DA's and judges in to Child Protective Services and have their children taken from them and let them learn about the evil monster they have created. When people who have not broken any laws can have CPS walk in their home and just take children out of their home just because DHS wants to. All of these elected officials need to be thrown out of office if they support these types of activities. I am for going to all of their re-election campaigns and asking them in front of a crowd if they support DHS taking children without due process in front of a court and if they don't then they do not deserve to be in office. Our forefathers fought WWll against governments that engaged in these kind of activities. You don't steal peoples children. I would rather put up with the drugs than allow a government entity to steal peoples children without due process.
they don't remove children from a home unless there's a damn good reason.
Stone

United States

#4 May 13, 2013
great wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but that's simply not always the case. PLUS, they have been known to discriminate against men for no damn good reason.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#5 May 13, 2013
great wrote:
<quoted text>

Some times they don't even remove them for a damn good reason.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#6 May 15, 2013
i'm breathing a sigh of relief. All showed up on the topix was OK Lawmakers Consider Outlawing Children and i thought, man, DC has taken over OKC.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#7 May 15, 2013
You all had me going for a moment. All i saw on the title was OK Lawmakers Consider Outlawing Young Children and i thought DC had taken over OK.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#8 May 15, 2013
dunadd wrote:
You all had me going for a moment. All i saw on the title was OK Lawmakers Consider Outlawing Young Children and i thought DC had taken over OK.
If you can't get them to laugh the first time. The second time probably won't work either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Road to homeownership gets rockier this spring ... 3 hr Shafted 2
News Fort Cobb dad pleads guilty to murders (Aug '06) 10 hr Fort cobb isa res... 24
remarks 13 hr thruthewallandsto... 1
News Three arrested, accused of shooting men and dum... 16 hr learnemup 1
News OU President David Boren Recovers After Minor S... 19 hr scorecards 1
News 26 recruits to join Oklahoma City Police Depart... 19 hr sticktocarchases 1
News 2 Men Accused Of Being Accessories In Moore Mur... 21 hr whitevansforall 1

Yukon Jobs

Personal Finance

Yukon Mortgages