OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,571 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39705 May 10, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>When I posted to you I was not referring to the 10 countries you listed. There is still more than 10 countries that are other than the ones you listed. I know one thing being able to get an abortion would not be a selling point for me to pick a new country to live.
Happy Mother's to you also!
Did we not fight against Germany? I would have to look it up to see if we gave them money to rebuild. I just remember that from any history class and I was not old enough to remember the war. So were in the habit to handing money to the countries we fought in back in very olden days.
We've entered a new world since WWII.

As long as the Repubs are at war with this administration we can't even run our own government efficiently. We are just coming out of the worst recession and we haven't truly ended the one in Afghanistan.

Those countries on that list are the ones that have refused to be drawn in. They supported us in Afghanistan, but hate how we let it drift on for 10 years. Yes, we need to fix us. But we Dems and Repubs are so estranged, we need to fix that first.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39706 May 10, 2013
So What wrote:
justaminute I have a good one going at
okies=lucky as hell. Care to join us?
=
Okay, but even as a business owner in Oklahoma, I can barely stand to talk Oklahoma politics at this time. I don't have much to contribute anymore because really I have no representation in Oklahoma politics or the government anymore. Frankly our Oklahoma US senators and US congressman and Oklahoma congressman and senators make me grit my teeth.

I came to the thread and read a little bit and I'll come back and read and jump in if I have something relevant to say.

Thanks for asking.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#39707 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Tamara, Syria is a mess and President Obama drew that red line to soon. Chemical weapons both the State and the Rebels seem to have them. We really don't know who the rebels are. We (the public) always want to save the innocent especially children but like Iraq, if we help topple the government there is too much of a void in the place of the Syrian government, the rebels are fighting among themselves. Sometimes the devil you know is better that the devil you don't. Libya is a mess and Iraq is almost at civil war.
Russia is backing the Syrian government.
Israel is next to Syria.
We need to stay back.
As much as we talk on here and have blogs and can read multitudes of info, we (the public) don't know what the heck is up. We need to sit back and watch. We can't be drawn in.
We don't need to stay back. We need to stay out. It is an other Afghanistan. Remember when we funneled weapons to the afghans to fight the Soviet Union? Now look at us. We are fighting the same people we helped.

So What

Mcloud, OK

#39708 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but even as a business owner in Oklahoma, I can barely stand to talk Oklahoma politics at this time. I don't have much to contribute anymore because really I have no representation in Oklahoma politics or the government anymore. Frankly our Oklahoma US senators and US congressman and Oklahoma congressman and senators make me grit my teeth.
I came to the thread and read a little bit and I'll come back and read and jump in if I have something relevant to say.
Thanks for asking.
As a business owner what do think about the new workers comp reform?
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39709 May 10, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need to stay back. We need to stay out. It is an other Afghanistan. Remember when we funneled weapons to the afghans to fight the Soviet Union? Now look at us. We are fighting the same people we helped.
Oh yes, we need to stay out. But really, we the people are not in control of military/industrial complex anymore. Eisenhower warned us.

Since then we lost our 5th Estate, the press. The military/industrial complex owns them now. As much as the Repubs love to say that we Dem own them, that is far from the truth. Speaking truth to power is sometimes said now but it's a weak voice.

We have opportunities to regain people power now but we are too weak. We've lost influence and well as economic power. Tamara is right in this way, we need to stay home and get our own house in order first. And your right as well. But I fear now that we have entered the whirlwind.

Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39710 May 10, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
As a business owner what do think about the new workers comp reform?
We needed it but I have to see how it is administered. Knock on wood, we have only had 1 worker's comp claim in 2 years. Of course, as I say that somebody will be sticking their finger in a electric light plug (true story)with wet hands.
Zippo

United States

#39711 May 10, 2013
How bad of a burn did you get?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39712 May 10, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
The only money that is going to Syria from the U.S. at this time, is going to Israel.
As for S. Korea, are you trying to say we need to step aside and allow N. Korea to have at them.
And would you please enlighten me as to what your trying to say about Vietnam?
Pres. is giving funding to Syria but yet He engaged
sequester funds on this nation which has and will cause hardship here.

I was talking about the Korean war that we have already had.

Vietnam we went in to help against the Viet Cong. That war cost us many lives, money to be there and then rebuild after we pulled out. That is all I was referring to is the money spent. As far as I can say is it was a hard war for this country. Many never understood the rhyme or reason for this war. And Shamefully when our troops returned home they were not treated very well.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39713 May 10, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
We've entered a new world since WWII.
As long as the Repubs are at war with this administration we can't even run our own government efficiently. We are just coming out of the worst recession and we haven't truly ended the one in Afghanistan.
Those countries on that list are the ones that have refused to be drawn in. They supported us in Afghanistan, but hate how we let it drift on for 10 years. Yes, we need to fix us. But we Dems and Repubs are so estranged, we need to fix that first.
I think you blame to much on just the Republicans. I think both parties are at war with each other therefore to blame.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#39714 May 10, 2013
Zippo wrote:
How bad of a burn did you get?

OK you proved you have a since of humor, but can you make up a joke for your tag and your troll? Zippo, burn get it?
So What

Mcloud, OK

#39715 May 10, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Pres. is giving funding to Syria but yet He engaged
sequester funds on this nation which has and will cause hardship here.
I was talking about the Korean war that we have already had.
Vietnam we went in to help against the Viet Cong. That war cost us many lives, money to be there and then rebuild after we pulled out. That is all I was referring to is the money spent. As far as I can say is it was a hard war for this country. Many never understood the rhyme or reason for this war. And Shamefully when our troops returned home they were not treated very well.
Well I guess that we don't know what the CIA is up to, they might be pushing money into Syria.

The Korean war never has been over. That is why we have 30,000 troops on the border.

60% of U.S. revenue goes toward funding our military. We spend as much money as next 13 largest militaries combined. It is a very large part of our economy, so if you make a large cut in spending it will effect our GDP. But you did say something about our troops, and I believe that is where the cuts need to be made. Our military has become so modernized that we no longer need so many boots on the ground, and we need to close bases in countries like Germany
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39716 May 10, 2013
Wed, May 8, 2013
Meeting in Rome with Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh, Secretary of State John Kerry announced that the United States would provide an additional $100 million in humanitarian assistance for refugees fleeing the fighting in Syria, bringing the total amount of aid to $510 million.
Sources: BBC CNN VOA

Here is the funding I am referring to.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#39717 May 11, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Wed, May 8, 2013
Meeting in Rome with Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh, Secretary of State John Kerry announced that the United States would provide an additional $100 million in humanitarian assistance for refugees fleeing the fighting in Syria, bringing the total amount of aid to $510 million.
Sources: BBC CNN VOA
Here is the funding I am referring to.
That money is not going to Syria, it is going to Jordan.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39718 May 11, 2013
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I guess that we don't know what the CIA is up to, they might be pushing money into Syria.
The Korean war never has been over. That is why we have 30,000 troops on the border.
60% of U.S. revenue goes toward funding our military. We spend as much money as next 13 largest militaries combined. It is a very large part of our economy, so if you make a large cut in spending it will effect our GDP. But you did say something about our troops, and I believe that is where the cuts need to be made. Our military has become so modernized that we no longer need so many boots on the ground, and we need to close bases in countries like Germany
A am not talking about cutting funding to military. The funding that needs to stop is giving money to other countries to fund their agendas.
Zane

United States

#39719 May 11, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>A am not talking about cutting funding to military. The funding that needs to stop is giving money to other countries to fund their agendas.
Time for crayons and drawing pics. Since this is their president they can't see the forest for the trees. You aren't blinded and see history repeating itself over and over. Why? Because we are doing the exact same thing and expecting a different outcome...the very definition of insanity! In Egypt we funded the Muslim Brotherhood's takeover of that country which is considerably more hostile than the previous one to our country...smart move there,(NOT) and you see the so-called "Arab Spring" was a disaster from the American Interest point of view. We are using our taxpayer money to fund radical Islamic extremist whose goal in life is to hurt America and Americans....
Maddy

United States

#39720 May 11, 2013
Friday was another news dump. West, Texas Fertilizer Plant that had a fire which caused a huge explosion has now had a criminal investigation opened and will be conducted by the Texas Rangers.

IRS issues apology to The Tea Party organizations that were "targeted" by the IRS during the 2012 election cycle. The IRS admitted what was done to the Tea Party was wrong and unacceptable behavior. The Tea Party isn't taking the government abuse quietly, they have an attorney who issued a stern statement Friday that he will pursue legal remedies for the group.

Florida has 3 abortion clinics which investigators are calling "Gosnell like"(Dr. Kermit Gosnell) violations. Located in Hialeah, Miami, Miramar, local law enforcement described shocking findings in these abortion clinics which were hazardous to their clients. Finally the press is talking about the truth of these house of horrors which exist in states all across our nation.

CNN, ABC, BBC, NBC finally are reporting what FOX and a handful of independent news websites have been reporting for months concerning the Benghazi Scandal. BBC North America Editor-In-Chief admitted he was very slow to even show any interest in the story since he assumed the story was politics driven. He accepted the responsibility that there is overwhelming evidence that violations of public trust happened by lying to the America People when talking points had been changed 12 times from the original CIA talking points and those changes didn't reflect intelligence changes but changes to conform to the political agenda that was coming out of the White House and the re-election campaign of Obama. BBC describes the aftermath of this decision would damage Hillary Clinton politically and "heads would roll".

To Tamara and MistyGirl, a very blessed Mother's Day.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39721 May 11, 2013
Maddy wrote:
Friday was another news dump. West, Texas Fertilizer Plant that had a fire which caused a huge explosion has now had a criminal investigation opened and will be conducted by the Texas Rangers.
IRS issues apology to The Tea Party organizations that were "targeted" by the IRS during the 2012 election cycle. The IRS admitted what was done to the Tea Party was wrong and unacceptable behavior. The Tea Party isn't taking the government abuse quietly, they have an attorney who issued a stern statement Friday that he will pursue legal remedies for the group.
Florida has 3 abortion clinics which investigators are calling "Gosnell like"(Dr. Kermit Gosnell) violations. Located in Hialeah, Miami, Miramar, local law enforcement described shocking findings in these abortion clinics which were hazardous to their clients. Finally the press is talking about the truth of these house of horrors which exist in states all across our nation.
CNN, ABC, BBC, NBC finally are reporting what FOX and a handful of independent news websites have been reporting for months concerning the Benghazi Scandal. BBC North America Editor-In-Chief admitted he was very slow to even show any interest in the story since he assumed the story was politics driven. He accepted the responsibility that there is overwhelming evidence that violations of public trust happened by lying to the America People when talking points had been changed 12 times from the original CIA talking points and those changes didn't reflect intelligence changes but changes to conform to the political agenda that was coming out of the White House and the re-election campaign of Obama. BBC describes the aftermath of this decision would damage Hillary Clinton politically and "heads would roll".
To Tamara and MistyGirl, a very blessed Mother's Day.
Thank you.
Sorry I donot remember if you are a Mother. So if you are wishing you the same.
I look at my family and know very blessed I have been. Not because I was a super Mom by no means but all 3 sons have turn at to be great people, the blessing that are close around here and the added blessing of great grandkids. But at this I get a little jealous that I am not picking out Mother's Day cards for my Mother and my husband's Mother. Even though they have been gone since early 1993 and 1994 I still miss the being around.

I wonder if Justi welcome the Texas Fertilizer investigation since she so opposed to the Benghazi investigation. In any situation if there is slight chance that errors were done by people not doing the right thing and people and property was put in harms way that situation should be investigated.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39722 May 11, 2013
It amazes me that before abortions were not fund by health insurance that so many were being done. I am sure they donot run cheap.
Read an article that some in government are wanting to pass a bill that a minor does not have to get a parents consent. Now if the abortions will be funded by health ins. and the person getting on is under age and does not have to get the parents consent wouldn't the parent if paying for the minors health ins. find out? If a parent is responsible for their minor child until they are an adult why are they being excluded in the decision of that child getting an abortion?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39723 May 11, 2013
With posting about countries being a better place to live instead of the US this quote I ran across seemed very true.

"The silver lining is easier to look for in someone else's cloud."
So What

Mcloud, OK

#39724 May 11, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>A am not talking about cutting funding to military. The funding that needs to stop is giving money to other countries to fund their agendas.
Unfortunately our economy is driven by a global economy. We have to spend money to make money. We have to make sure that countries we do business with remain stable enough to do business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: B&M Cleaners & Gift Shop 3 hr go customer 1
Brittany Shae Mixon 21 hr WTF 11
Review: Diablo's Salsa Mix Mon S eagan 1
News Man found in burning vehicle identified Mon jstsyn 3
Kendra Kay Conley Weight????? Sun Opera Guy 9
just moved back,party scene gone? Aug 29 Matt Metheny 31
Debate: Marijuana - Oklahoma City, OK (Aug '10) Aug 29 R D Murphy 2,382
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yukon Mortgages