1,483 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39370 May 6, 2013
Back to the shooting of the 2 yr old girl by her 5 yr old brother with his .22 Cricket rifle. I am sure that the parents had guns already in the home to have gone out a bought a 4 or 5 yr, old a gun of any type. If this is the case makes one wonder how securely are those guns stored.
When we was going to gun school to get licensed and were at the gun range I was shocked to see how many families with small children were there also. Not only was the adults there to shoot but also the kids. It made me wonder why so many families were so serious about all of them doing target practice. So I think a lot of us would be surprise how many parents that is into the gun thing buy their young kids their own guns. I still say it is the responsibility of the parent to make the home front safe for the kids. And the parents of the 5 yr. old and 2 yr. old fell very short in doing so.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39371 May 6, 2013
House Republicans have concluded that the Pentagon and U.S. intelligence agencies bear no blame for failing to halt the terrorist assault on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, last year, releasing a report Tuesday that said President Obama and the State Department set up the military for failure.

The report also found that plenty of intelligence presaged the attack, but the White House and State Department, including the secretary at the time, Hillary Rodham Clinton, failed to heed the warnings.

In the most damning conclusion, House Republicans said Mr. Obama’s team lied about the attacks afterward, first by blaming mob violence spawned by an anti-Muslim video and then wrongly saying it had misled the public because it was trying to protect an FBI investigation.

“This progress report reveals a fundamental lack of understanding at the highest levels of the State Department as to the dangers presented in Benghazi, Libya, as well as a concerted attempt to insulate the Department of State from blame following the terrorist attacks,” the GOP investigation concluded in its 46-page report.

The report was released after rank-and-file Republicans feared the pressure to get answers on the Benghazi attacks was subsiding.

Some House Republicans want to create a Watergate-style special committee to investigate the attacks, but leaders have resisted, saying the existing investigative, defense, foreign affairs, intelligence and judiciary committees can handle it. Tuesday’s interim report is the result.

The report also could dog Mrs. Clinton if she returns to politics. In other words, she can forget ever being President and get used to being referred to as "Defendent Clinton".
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/...

The Unanswered questions:

Who gave the order to stand down?

Who sent the drone to be used as a voyeur instead of a counter-attack weapon?

Who in the State Department made the decision to pull out three Mobile Security Deployment teams in August of 2012, telling the embassy to “do more with less”?

Who kept refusing to send extra security to the embassy?

Who exactly in the Obama regime went to all the trouble to scour the bowels of the YouTube library for an obscure video to blame for what was part of the muzzie rampage that had been going on for 21 months?

Not one of them accepts responsibility for the depraved indifference and total absence of leadership that resulted in the murder of four Americans at the hands of muzzie terrorists.

John “Band-Aid” Kerry isn’t much better than Hillary was.

Our foreign policy has been reduced to a shameful caricature of ineptitude and incompetency. Congratulations, America. You reinstalled these assclowns for four more years.

Comments from leftwing assclowns that bring no constructive input to this discussion, or comments that clearly show you haven't bothered to actually read the report, will be automatically ignored!
Dano

United States

#39372 May 6, 2013
I see a history lesson is needed here...when 9/11 happened it was discovered our agencies tasked with protecting us weren't even communicating with one another to share all the clues which once put together had a clear pattern. That was supposed to have been addressed by bi-partisan changes in our intelligence and sharing of information. So how did
Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarvnaev manage to get over a $100,000.00 dollars in welfare benefits and grants to attend our colleges, Tamerlan travels back to a hot bed of terrorism, then returns to Boston and continue viewing and posting AQ terrorist videos on FB and no one knows or pays attention? How can Tamerlan build bombs in his small apartment and even his wife claims she didn't know. Tamerlan didn't work and his wife apparently worked 70 to 80 hour work weeks. A neighbor claimed she would here loud arguments Tamerlan and his wife would get into but no one called law enforcement or filed a complaint. The evil was within our neighborhood, with a million clues out in the open but no one put the obvious pieces of the puzzle together. Why? Even after Russia warns us about Tamerlan and still we didn't put him on our radar?

End result? 3 innocent Americans killed and over 260 maimed and injured.
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#39373 May 6, 2013
Dano wrote:
Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarvnaev manage to get over a $100,000.00 dollars in grants to attend our colleges,
I can see the point of your true anger.

There's a foreign speaking immigrant who
ain't from these parts and they's done got one
of them free money grant to attend college.

We've got to stop that because you couldn't
be accepted for a literary scholarship.

You have immigrant envy.
Dano

United States

#39374 May 6, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see the point of your true anger.
There's a foreign speaking immigrant who
ain't from these parts and they's done got one
of them free money grant to attend college.
We've got to stop that because you couldn't
be accepted for a literary scholarship.
You have immigrant envy.
You are fungus in the circle of life. When a foreign national student is dismissed from college because of failure academically which results in student visa being terminated, then allowing this same dismissed student to travel out of the country, to a hot bed of terrorism, then allow that same person back into our country is beyond dereliction of keeping our homeland safe. Giving terrorist our taxpayer money so they have a roof over their head and food in their bellies while they breed another generation of warped people isn't acceptable to me or most American citizens. Wonder if Tamerlan and his brother had Obama's free cell phones which were used to trigger the bombs?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39376 May 6, 2013
Democrats worry too few Americans could sign up for new health care plans, which could ultimately spell doom at the ballot box.

But with "Obamacare" five months from show time, Democrats are worried about whether enough Americans will sign up to make the sweeping health care overhaul a success — and what failure might mean for Congress heading into the 2016 presidential race.
Some of the law's main advocates fear that not enough of America's 49 million uninsured will know about health coverage offered in their own states. Even if they do, new insurance plans may not be attractive to young, healthy consumers needed to offset an expected influx of older and sicker patients.
Only a handful of states are beginning campaigns to promote the online health insurance marketplaces created by the law. Known as exchanges, the markets will offer private coverage at federally subsidized rates to individuals and families with low-to-moderate incomes, with enrollment set to begin Oct. 1.
While Obama and his administration say they are working nonstop on reform, analysts believe a poor performance could make the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act a big enough campaign issue in 2014 to jeopardize Democratic control of the Senate — particularly if insurance costs rise sharply.
"There is reason to be very concerned about what's going to happen with young people. If their (insurance) premiums shoot up, I can tell you, that is going to wash into the U.S. Senate in a hurry," said Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat.

Some Democrats are frustrated about the lack of details surrounding administration plans to promote the exchanges.
Sen. Max Baucus, a chief architect of the reform law, said federal outreach efforts deserve a failing grade so far and could be heading for a "huge train wreck."

FUNDING EMBARGO
"Why in late April can't they show us any of what they've got planned? The rollout plan should already be in existence," an exasperated Democratic Senate aide said separately.
The law is expected to cover 15 million Americans next year through the exchanges and an expansion of Medicaid. The overall number is forecast to jump to 38 million by 2022.
Reform is facing challenges on several fronts. Big insurers appear wary of participating, raising questions about how competitive the exchanges will be.
Businesses are mounting a new legal effort to stop the use of federal subsidies in exchanges run by Washington. And most states have balked at the exchanges and the Medicaid expansion.
Add to that the challenge of reaching a public that is highly skeptical and often misinformed about the most complex social legislation since Medicare and Medicaid in the mid-1960s.
An April survey of 1,003 people by HealthPocket, an online company that helps consumers find insurance, also found that the law's penalty for not buying coverage would not induce most 25-to-34-year-olds or 18-to-24-year-olds to purchase it.
The administration is building exchanges in 33 states that are unwilling or unable to do so on their own and has limited funds for marketing. The remaining 17 states are building their own and have received sizable budgets for outreach.
For the federal exchanges, HHS has a contract worth at least $8 million with public relations firm Weber Shandwick and $54 million to train and pay "navigators," counselors who will help consumers choose a health plan. It also has a $28 million contract with General Dynamics to set up a call center and will make its Healthcare.gov website consumer-oriented.
The administration is seeking help from major U.S. insurance providers to market aggressively to consumers on the federally run exchanges and help convince healthy citizens between 26 to 45 to pay for insurance instead of a first-year penalty amounting to $95 per person or 1 percent of household income.
Donnie

Grand Prairie, TX

#39377 May 6, 2013
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?

"""A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39378 May 6, 2013
The source for Post #39376

MSN News

Obamacare is on the horizon, but will enough people sign up?

By David Morgan of Reuters
Dano

United States

#39379 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Democrats worry too few Americans could sign up for new health care plans, which could ultimately spell doom at the ballot box.
But with "Obamacare" five months from show time, Democrats are worried about whether enough Americans will sign up to make the sweeping health care overhaul a success — and what failure might mean for Congress heading into the 2016 presidential race.
Some of the law's main advocates fear that not enough of America's 49 million uninsured will know about health coverage offered in their own states. Even if they do, new insurance plans may not be attractive to young, healthy consumers needed to offset an expected influx of older and sicker patients.
Only a handful of states are beginning campaigns to promote the online health insurance marketplaces created by the law. Known as exchanges, the markets will offer private coverage at federally subsidized rates to individuals and families with low-to-moderate incomes, with enrollment set to begin Oct. 1.
While Obama and his administration say they are working nonstop on reform, analysts believe a poor performance could make the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act a big enough campaign issue in 2014 to jeopardize Democratic control of the Senate — particularly if insurance costs rise sharply.
"There is reason to be very concerned about what's going to happen with young people. If their (insurance) premiums shoot up, I can tell you, that is going to wash into the U.S. Senate in a hurry," said Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat.
Some Democrats are frustrated about the lack of details surrounding administration plans to promote the exchanges.
Sen. Max Baucus, a chief architect of the reform law, said federal outreach efforts deserve a failing grade so far and could be heading for a "huge train wreck."
FUNDING EMBARGO
"Why in late April can't they show us any of what they've got planned? The rollout plan should already be in existence," an exasperated Democratic Senate aide said separately.
The law is expected to cover 15 million Americans next year through the exchanges and an expansion of Medicaid. The overall number is forecast to jump to 38 million by 2022.
Reform is facing challenges on several fronts. Big insurers appear wary of participating, raising questions about how competitive the exchanges will be.
Businesses are mounting a new legal effort to stop the use of federal subsidies in exchanges run by Washington. And most states have balked at the exchanges and the Medicaid expansion.
Add to that the challenge of reaching a public that is highly skeptical and often misinformed about the most complex social legislation since Medicare and Medicaid in the mid-1960s.
An April survey of 1,003 people by HealthPocket, an online company that helps consumers find insurance, also found that the law's penalty for not buying coverage would not induce most 25-to-34-year-olds or 18-to-24-year-olds to purchase it.
The administration is building exchanges in 33 states that are unwilling or unable to do so on their own and has limited funds for marketing. The remaining 17 states are building their own and have received sizable budgets for outreach.
For the federal exchanges, HHS has a contract worth at least $8 million with public relations firm Weber Shandwick and $54 million to train and pay "navigators," counselors who will help consumers choose a health plan. It also has a $28 million contract with General Dynamics to set up a call center and will make its Healthcare.gov website consumer-oriented.
The administration is seeking help from major U.S. insurance providers to market aggressively to consumers on the federally run exchanges and help convince healthy citizens between 26 to 45 to pay for insurance instead of a first-year penalty amounting to $95 per person or 1 percent of household income.
Recently the democrats are voicing how dysfunctional this ObamaCare really is. Deadline for exchanges was last Tuesday, LOL.
Dano

United States

#39380 May 6, 2013
Fake Donnie wrote:
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?
"""A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
Stop it already nobody's fooled.
Dano

United States

#39381 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
The source for Post #39376
MSN News
Obamacare is on the horizon, but will enough people sign up?
By David Morgan of Reuters
Hard for people to sign up when the exchanges aren't even set up yet, the deadline for HHS to have the exchanges set up was last Tuesday. But hey, deadlines don't mean much with this administration!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39382 May 6, 2013
Dano wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard for people to sign up when the exchanges aren't even set up yet, the deadline for HHS to have the exchanges set up was last Tuesday. But hey, deadlines don't mean much with this administration!
In a rating of 1 to 10 and 1 being the worst and 10 being the best how would you rate how good has the government been in getting the infor about Obamacare and what is going on and how it is actually going to each and every person in this country?
Most of the people I talk to have no idea to what is going on. A lot still think that all of Obamacare will still under government control like Medicaid and medicare. A lot do not know that they may get keep what they have now. But a lot of people are worried what will happen with their job related coverage. And most donot realize if they get it paid for by their employer or thru government aid that it will be claimed as income for the IRS at the end of the year.

So my rating is 2 and it is a 2 because people just know Obamacare is coming.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39383 May 6, 2013
The Fake Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm one of these stupid, ill-mannered, progressive liberal retards and wantabee shitheads of the 3% in the bottom of the cesspool and just a surrogate for their idiot idea's.
"""I am a mouthpiece for the stupid retarded progressive lunitics and usually talking out my azz using someone elses user-name because I don't know any better."""

We know, your stupidity shows with each post your lunitic ass puts up.

Your mom should have pinched your crack-head off when you were born.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39384 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>In a rating of 1 to 10 and 1 being the worst and 10 being the best how would you rate how good has the government been in getting the infor about Obamacare and what is going on and how it is actually going to each and every person in this country?
Most of the people I talk to have no idea to what is going on. A lot still think that all of Obamacare will still under government control like Medicaid and medicare. A lot do not know that they may get keep what they have now. But a lot of people are worried what will happen with their job related coverage. And most donot realize if they get it paid for by their employer or thru government aid that it will be claimed as income for the IRS at the end of the year.

My rating is minus -7.5 and it is a -7.5 because people don't know Obamacare is leaving before the 2014 election with a veto proof bipartisan repeal.
Dano

United States

#39385 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>In a rating of 1 to 10 and 1 being the worst and 10 being the best how would you rate how good has the government been in getting the infor about Obamacare and what is going on and how it is actually going to each and every person in this country?

The reason I say it's a negative 10 is from the very first this healthcare bill has been one misrepresentation and out right lie after another. It was forced down everyone's throat with a smug look on Pelosi's, Reid and Obama's faces. Remember Pelosi telling congress to pass it so they could read what the bill contained outside of the "fog" of controversy. If I hadn't seen the video clip I wouldn't have believed a politician would have had the gall
to make such an arrogant statement. None of the exchanges are up an running that I'm aware of and then look at the additional cost to those of us who purchase our own health care coverage. Not one thing on this healthcare has turned out the way Obama and his minions have claimed. No one knows exactly what will happen because the yard stick we are told never pans out it's always moving and each time it moves the cost explodes.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39386 May 6, 2013

Now these 2 points interested me. Now was the sign up date April 1st or is it Oct 1st?

So what the government is saying is that healthy people pay for the ones that is not. Did I understand this correctly? I am assuming it has always been that way?
If so then Justi comments to about medicare really ticks me off more than ever. We have always bought our own health insurance. I have never had any real major health issues thru all that time. So my premiums went for the benefits of the ones not so healthy (like her saying she has MS?) and she begrudges me for wanting the best from medicare? But she is expecting the healthy ones to pay in to Obamacare to make it work!

Go figure that type of attitude!
Dano

United States

#39387 May 6, 2013
Justaliar is a political hack, she doesn't care about you, me or anyone else as long as she can promote her agenda. The truth isn't her friend, she uses lies and misrepresentations to promote her agenda.

Sounds just like Obama to me.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39388 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Now these 2 points interested me. Now was the sign up date April 1st or is it Oct 1st?
So what the government is saying is that healthy people pay for the ones that is not. Did I understand this correctly? I am assuming it has always been that way?
If so then Justi comments to about medicare really ticks me off more than ever. We have always bought our own health insurance. I have never had any real major health issues thru all that time. So my premiums went for the benefits of the ones not so healthy (like her saying she has MS?) and she begrudges me for wanting the best from medicare? But she is expecting the healthy ones to pay in to Obamacare to make it work!
Go figure that type of attitude!

Most politicians already know it will collapse under its own weight so there are some that are trying to make a deal to delay it trying to avoid the repeal. We shall see which way it goes. I think the repeal and replace is most likely of all options.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39389 May 6, 2013
Talk about political hacks

Repeal and replace, lol, oh yeah, Republicans want to limit medical liability claims....like Texas...they sure hate letting people sue when they've injured and letting juries decided the award.

Then they want insurance to be bought and sold across state lines so insurance carriers can flee to states with less regulations. Bet the carriers end up a state like Texas, Louisiana or Mississippi.

Republicans sure don't want to talk about their 'replace' plans that much anymore....sure leaves a lot of holes in their plans...

But covering the health of people of the US has never been a priority for the Repubs, but sure limiting the availability of medical care is. I thought their mantra was 'everybody can be treated by going to the ER!"
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39390 May 6, 2013
Talk about collapsing under it's own weight. All the blogs are talking about the crappy insurance policy that West, Texas fertilizer plant had..

And let's see how much individual homeowner's policies will pay out...since they fought tooth and nail over hurricane damages.

Texas always talks about regulations kill business, but they never said:

No regulations kill people.

So those health insurance plans that you Repubs are making won't sail through with the American people. But you left one thingee out....you have to win an election to win the White House and the Senate first....lol...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Move from Miami(Florida) to OKC(Oklahoma). 16 hr Tony Kfdbgs 4
Obama's followers are either COMMUNIST or QUEERS Wed Calling it like I... 41
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Wed Hhhh 193
looking for someone Oct 20 queenslove22 2
we can stop Ebola! Oct 20 barbosa 1
can you still buy herbal incense in oklahoma ci... (Nov '13) Oct 19 derik 9
How many of you would like to join in a lawsuit... (May '10) Oct 18 sue cyr 42
Yukon Dating
Find my Match

Yukon Jobs