Yes

No

Other (explain below)

TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39378 May 6, 2013
The source for Post #39376

MSN News

Obamacare is on the horizon, but will enough people sign up?

By David Morgan of Reuters
Dano

United States

#39379 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Democrats worry too few Americans could sign up for new health care plans, which could ultimately spell doom at the ballot box.
But with "Obamacare" five months from show time, Democrats are worried about whether enough Americans will sign up to make the sweeping health care overhaul a success — and what failure might mean for Congress heading into the 2016 presidential race.
Some of the law's main advocates fear that not enough of America's 49 million uninsured will know about health coverage offered in their own states. Even if they do, new insurance plans may not be attractive to young, healthy consumers needed to offset an expected influx of older and sicker patients.
Only a handful of states are beginning campaigns to promote the online health insurance marketplaces created by the law. Known as exchanges, the markets will offer private coverage at federally subsidized rates to individuals and families with low-to-moderate incomes, with enrollment set to begin Oct. 1.
While Obama and his administration say they are working nonstop on reform, analysts believe a poor performance could make the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act a big enough campaign issue in 2014 to jeopardize Democratic control of the Senate — particularly if insurance costs rise sharply.
"There is reason to be very concerned about what's going to happen with young people. If their (insurance) premiums shoot up, I can tell you, that is going to wash into the U.S. Senate in a hurry," said Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat.
Some Democrats are frustrated about the lack of details surrounding administration plans to promote the exchanges.
Sen. Max Baucus, a chief architect of the reform law, said federal outreach efforts deserve a failing grade so far and could be heading for a "huge train wreck."
FUNDING EMBARGO
"Why in late April can't they show us any of what they've got planned? The rollout plan should already be in existence," an exasperated Democratic Senate aide said separately.
The law is expected to cover 15 million Americans next year through the exchanges and an expansion of Medicaid. The overall number is forecast to jump to 38 million by 2022.
Reform is facing challenges on several fronts. Big insurers appear wary of participating, raising questions about how competitive the exchanges will be.
Businesses are mounting a new legal effort to stop the use of federal subsidies in exchanges run by Washington. And most states have balked at the exchanges and the Medicaid expansion.
Add to that the challenge of reaching a public that is highly skeptical and often misinformed about the most complex social legislation since Medicare and Medicaid in the mid-1960s.
An April survey of 1,003 people by HealthPocket, an online company that helps consumers find insurance, also found that the law's penalty for not buying coverage would not induce most 25-to-34-year-olds or 18-to-24-year-olds to purchase it.
The administration is building exchanges in 33 states that are unwilling or unable to do so on their own and has limited funds for marketing. The remaining 17 states are building their own and have received sizable budgets for outreach.
For the federal exchanges, HHS has a contract worth at least $8 million with public relations firm Weber Shandwick and $54 million to train and pay "navigators," counselors who will help consumers choose a health plan. It also has a $28 million contract with General Dynamics to set up a call center and will make its Healthcare.gov website consumer-oriented.
The administration is seeking help from major U.S. insurance providers to market aggressively to consumers on the federally run exchanges and help convince healthy citizens between 26 to 45 to pay for insurance instead of a first-year penalty amounting to $95 per person or 1 percent of household income.
Recently the democrats are voicing how dysfunctional this ObamaCare really is. Deadline for exchanges was last Tuesday, LOL.
Dano

United States

#39380 May 6, 2013
Fake Donnie wrote:
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?
"""A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
Stop it already nobody's fooled.
Dano

United States

#39381 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
The source for Post #39376
MSN News
Obamacare is on the horizon, but will enough people sign up?
By David Morgan of Reuters
Hard for people to sign up when the exchanges aren't even set up yet, the deadline for HHS to have the exchanges set up was last Tuesday. But hey, deadlines don't mean much with this administration!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39382 May 6, 2013
Dano wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard for people to sign up when the exchanges aren't even set up yet, the deadline for HHS to have the exchanges set up was last Tuesday. But hey, deadlines don't mean much with this administration!
In a rating of 1 to 10 and 1 being the worst and 10 being the best how would you rate how good has the government been in getting the infor about Obamacare and what is going on and how it is actually going to each and every person in this country?
Most of the people I talk to have no idea to what is going on. A lot still think that all of Obamacare will still under government control like Medicaid and medicare. A lot do not know that they may get keep what they have now. But a lot of people are worried what will happen with their job related coverage. And most donot realize if they get it paid for by their employer or thru government aid that it will be claimed as income for the IRS at the end of the year.

So my rating is 2 and it is a 2 because people just know Obamacare is coming.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39383 May 6, 2013
The Fake Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm one of these stupid, ill-mannered, progressive liberal retards and wantabee shitheads of the 3% in the bottom of the cesspool and just a surrogate for their idiot idea's.
"""I am a mouthpiece for the stupid retarded progressive lunitics and usually talking out my azz using someone elses user-name because I don't know any better."""

We know, your stupidity shows with each post your lunitic ass puts up.

Your mom should have pinched your crack-head off when you were born.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39384 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>In a rating of 1 to 10 and 1 being the worst and 10 being the best how would you rate how good has the government been in getting the infor about Obamacare and what is going on and how it is actually going to each and every person in this country?
Most of the people I talk to have no idea to what is going on. A lot still think that all of Obamacare will still under government control like Medicaid and medicare. A lot do not know that they may get keep what they have now. But a lot of people are worried what will happen with their job related coverage. And most donot realize if they get it paid for by their employer or thru government aid that it will be claimed as income for the IRS at the end of the year.

My rating is minus -7.5 and it is a -7.5 because people don't know Obamacare is leaving before the 2014 election with a veto proof bipartisan repeal.
Dano

United States

#39385 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>In a rating of 1 to 10 and 1 being the worst and 10 being the best how would you rate how good has the government been in getting the infor about Obamacare and what is going on and how it is actually going to each and every person in this country?

The reason I say it's a negative 10 is from the very first this healthcare bill has been one misrepresentation and out right lie after another. It was forced down everyone's throat with a smug look on Pelosi's, Reid and Obama's faces. Remember Pelosi telling congress to pass it so they could read what the bill contained outside of the "fog" of controversy. If I hadn't seen the video clip I wouldn't have believed a politician would have had the gall
to make such an arrogant statement. None of the exchanges are up an running that I'm aware of and then look at the additional cost to those of us who purchase our own health care coverage. Not one thing on this healthcare has turned out the way Obama and his minions have claimed. No one knows exactly what will happen because the yard stick we are told never pans out it's always moving and each time it moves the cost explodes.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39386 May 6, 2013
Only a handful of states are beginning campaigns to promote the online health insurance marketplaces created by the law. Known as exchanges, the markets will offer private coverage at federally subsidized rates to individuals and families with low-to-moderate incomes, with enrollment set to begin Oct. 1.

For the federal exchanges, HHS has a contract worth at least $8 million with public relations firm Weber Shandwick and $54 million to train and pay "navigators," counselors who will help consumers choose a health plan. It also has a $28 million contract with General Dynamics to set up a call center and will make its Healthcare.gov website consumer-oriented.
The administration is seeking help from major U.S. insurance providers to market aggressively to consumers on the federally run exchanges and help convince healthy citizens between 26 to 45 to pay for insurance instead of a first-year penalty amounting to $95 per person or 1 percent of household income.

Now these 2 points interested me. Now was the sign up date April 1st or is it Oct 1st?

So what the government is saying is that healthy people pay for the ones that is not. Did I understand this correctly? I am assuming it has always been that way?
If so then Justi comments to about medicare really ticks me off more than ever. We have always bought our own health insurance. I have never had any real major health issues thru all that time. So my premiums went for the benefits of the ones not so healthy (like her saying she has MS?) and she begrudges me for wanting the best from medicare? But she is expecting the healthy ones to pay in to Obamacare to make it work!

Go figure that type of attitude!
Dano

United States

#39387 May 6, 2013
Justaliar is a political hack, she doesn't care about you, me or anyone else as long as she can promote her agenda. The truth isn't her friend, she uses lies and misrepresentations to promote her agenda.

Sounds just like Obama to me.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#39388 May 6, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Now these 2 points interested me. Now was the sign up date April 1st or is it Oct 1st?
So what the government is saying is that healthy people pay for the ones that is not. Did I understand this correctly? I am assuming it has always been that way?
If so then Justi comments to about medicare really ticks me off more than ever. We have always bought our own health insurance. I have never had any real major health issues thru all that time. So my premiums went for the benefits of the ones not so healthy (like her saying she has MS?) and she begrudges me for wanting the best from medicare? But she is expecting the healthy ones to pay in to Obamacare to make it work!
Go figure that type of attitude!

Most politicians already know it will collapse under its own weight so there are some that are trying to make a deal to delay it trying to avoid the repeal. We shall see which way it goes. I think the repeal and replace is most likely of all options.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39389 May 6, 2013
Talk about political hacks

Repeal and replace, lol, oh yeah, Republicans want to limit medical liability claims....like Texas...they sure hate letting people sue when they've injured and letting juries decided the award.

Then they want insurance to be bought and sold across state lines so insurance carriers can flee to states with less regulations. Bet the carriers end up a state like Texas, Louisiana or Mississippi.

Republicans sure don't want to talk about their 'replace' plans that much anymore....sure leaves a lot of holes in their plans...

But covering the health of people of the US has never been a priority for the Repubs, but sure limiting the availability of medical care is. I thought their mantra was 'everybody can be treated by going to the ER!"
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39390 May 6, 2013
Talk about collapsing under it's own weight. All the blogs are talking about the crappy insurance policy that West, Texas fertilizer plant had..

And let's see how much individual homeowner's policies will pay out...since they fought tooth and nail over hurricane damages.

Texas always talks about regulations kill business, but they never said:

No regulations kill people.

So those health insurance plans that you Repubs are making won't sail through with the American people. But you left one thingee out....you have to win an election to win the White House and the Senate first....lol...
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39392 May 6, 2013
Packing Heat, sure not talking about how much you love Fox today, could it be...that you've lost the Fox talking heads over your Benghazi fetish?

Fox and Friends really went to town on Jassen Chaffetz (R-UT) this morning, and yesterday on Fox was not smooth sailing for him either...

They asked Chaffetz:

BRIAN KILMEADE: Are you saying that admiral Pickering and Mullen are complicit because they did the review board? Are you saying that the CIA is complicit because they allowed their talking points to be edited?… What about Admiral Mullen and Pickering? Why would they sacrifice their reputation for a report that isn’t accurate?[...]

STEVE DOOCY: Congressman, it sounds like what you’ve described, it sounds like there has been a cover-up, but what were they trying to cover up?[...]

GRETCHEN CARLSON: But Congressman, it’s an interesting question because it does involve so many high-level people. You had the former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta — who was revered by both sides of the fence — coming out and saying,‘hey, we couldn’t have gotten anybody there.’ So you have him on the line. You have former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Susan Rice, President Obama, Admiral Mullen. Would all of these people go to bat just to get President Obama reelected?

KILMEADE: What about David Petraeus?

LOL it's not even Wednesday yet...by Saturday you guys might get the first thirty minutes of Saturday Night Live sketches... LOL
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39393 May 6, 2013
Dano wrote:
<quoted text>
The security is handled by pentagon funding not the state department, didn't your progressive liberal talking points inform you?
See that's the problem right there...go back to google and look it up. The State Department has a budget for their own security. Look at the DOS budget not the DOD budget...but of course you have to slam me for what? You being misinformed.....what's new?
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#39394 May 6, 2013
I knew the posts would be hilarious this morning and I wasn't disappointed. Going shopping and helping the economy this morning. Check back later for your amazing quips this evening...
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39395 May 6, 2013
I guess Justi doesnot know that health insurance is sold over state lines but whether you are buying health ins. property ins. or auto ins. it goes by region of zip codes. Even if you buy with in your state it goes by the region of zip codes. Like when we lived in Enid and bought it in Enid it went by the zip code but when we moved to Edmond and bought it from Enid our ins. went by the Edmond zip code and for all ins. Edmond has a high rate than Enid. So Buy your insurance from an agent in Texas, Missouri, Kansas or Arkansas but you will rated by your zip code to where you live.

Have fun shopping! We will not be holding our breathe till you come back with the jokes you post!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39396 May 6, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
Talk about collapsing under it's own weight. All the blogs are talking about the crappy insurance policy that West, Texas fertilizer plant had..
And let's see how much individual homeowner's policies will pay out...since they fought tooth and nail over hurricane damages.
Texas always talks about regulations kill business, but they never said:
No regulations kill people.
So those health insurance plans that you Repubs are making won't sail through with the American people. But you left one thingee out....you have to win an election to win the White House and the Senate first....lol...
Well lets hope the home owner carried enough coverage. They only get paid for the amount they had taken out. If they did not have enough coverage to replace what they loss then I would say they will not get paid more to cover those expenses. This is saying they have $75,000 and it will take $125,000 to replace then that is the homeowners loss. Oh yes do not for get the deductible comes off the top.
tariff

Sapulpa, OK

#39397 May 6, 2013
RIP wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you have to carry car insurance? Think about your answer. The reason you and I HAVE to carry car insurance is to protect and pay for damage you might cause as a driver. Also you have to carry insurance to protect the bank if you wreck your car. Same for house insurance(you have to protect the bank). If you own your car free and clear and don't drive it on public roads you do not have to insure your car.
you have to draw the retards a picture about the need for insurance, they can't read
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#39398 May 6, 2013
RIP wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you have to carry car insurance? Think about your answer. The reason you and I HAVE to carry car insurance is to protect and pay for damage you might cause as a driver. Also you have to carry insurance to protect the bank if you wreck your car. Same for house insurance(you have to protect the bank). If you own your car free and clear and don't drive it on public roads you do not have to insure your car.

Sorry RIP if you own a car free and clear and even if you don't drive it on public roads and you want to tag it then you have to liability insurance. If you have a loan on the car then the loan company requires you to carry full coverage. But if you are caught on any road including a county road and donot have liability insurance you will be fined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 20 hr hannah 344
Zoo 23 hr Visitor 1
News Downtown Oklahoma City music venue and restaura... Sun Ben Hurr 1
News Oklahoma City to host Republican presidential c... Sun BFD 5
Eyebrow Threading (May '12) May 23 Shan 16
con man loose in your area be aware... May 21 angry mom 2
Review: Labor Finders OKC South OKC South (Jan '13) May 21 lf mgmt 2
More from around the web

Yukon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE