OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Jangles

United States

#37908 Apr 4, 2013
Buying votes.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37909 Apr 4, 2013
Cancer clinics across the country have begun turning away thousands of Medicare patients, blaming the sequester budget cuts.
Oncologists say the reduced funding, which took effect for Medicare on April 1, makes it impossible to administer expensive chemotherapy drugs while staying afloat financially.
Patients at these clinics would need to seek treatment elsewhere, such as at hospitals that might not have the capacity to accommodate them.
“If we treated the patients receiving the most expensive drugs, we’d be out of business in six months to a year,” said Jeff Vacirca, chief executive of North Shore Hematology Oncology Associates in New York.“The drugs we’re going to lose money on we’re not going to administer right now.”
After an emergency meeting Tuesday, Vacirca’s clinics decided that they would no longer see one-third of their 16,000 Medicare patients.
“A lot of us are in disbelief that this is happening,” he said.“It’s a choice between seeing these patients and staying in business.”
“I don’t think there was an intention to disrupt care or move it into a more expensive setting,” said Cathy Schoen, senior vice president of the Commonwealth Fund, which recently released a plan for cutting $2 trillion in health spending.“If that’s the case, we’re being penny-wise and a pound-foolish with these cuts.”
Legislators meant to partially shield Medicare from the automatic budget cuts triggered by the sequester, limiting the program to a 2 percent reduction — a fraction of the cuts seen by other federal programs.
But oncologists say the cut is unexpectedly damaging for cancer patients because of the way those treatments are covered.

Medications for seniors are usually covered under the optional Medicare Part D, which includes private insurance. But because cancer drugs must be administered by a physician, they are among a handful of pharmaceuticals paid for by Part B, which covers doctor visits and is subject to the sequester cut.
The federal government typically pays community oncologists for the average sales price of a chemotherapy drug, plus 6 percent to cover the cost of storing and administering the medication.“This is a drug that we’re purchasing. The costs don’t change and you can’t do without it. Charles Holladay, a doctor at the clinic, said.“We tell them that if we don’t go this course, it’s just a matter of time before we go out of business.”
The care will likely be more expensive: One study from actuarial firm Milliman found that chemotherapy delivered in a hospital setting costs the federal government an average of $6,500 more annually than care delivered in a community clinic.
Milliman found that Medicare patients ended up with an average of $650 more in out-of-pocket costs when they were seen only in a hospital setting.

It is still unclear whether hospitals have the capacity to absorb these patients. The same Milliman report found that the majority of Medicare patients — 66 percent — receive treatment in a community oncology clinic, instead of a hospital.

Non-profit hospitals will likely have an easier time bearing the brunt of the sequester cuts. A federal program known as 340B requires pharmaceutical companies to give double-digit discounts to hospitals that treat low-income and uninsured patients.
“What we’re trying to do in the hospital is prepare for this,” ECHN spokesman Eric Berthel said.“We’re making sure we have access to the pharmaceutical companies and that we have appropriate staff on hand. We’re hoping the oncology practice will be successful in renegotiating this.
An analysis prepared by his clinic estimates that, if the full 2 percent cut takes effect, between 50 and 70 percent of the drugs it administers would become money losers.
Boccia estimates that 55 percent of his patients are covered by Medicare, making any changes to reimbursement rates difficult to weather.

From the Washington Post
Maddy

United States

#37910 Apr 4, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Cancer clinics across the country have begun turning away thousands of Medicare patients, blaming the sequester budget cuts.
Oncologists say the reduced funding, which took effect for Medicare on April 1, makes it impossible to administer expensive chemotherapy drugs while staying afloat financially.
Patients at these clinics would need to seek treatment elsewhere, such as at hospitals that might not have the capacity to accommodate them.
“If we treated the patients receiving the most expensive drugs, we’d be out of business in six months to a year,” said Jeff Vacirca, chief executive of North Shore Hematology Oncology Associates in New York.“The drugs we’re going to lose money on we’re not going to administer right now.”
After an emergency meeting Tuesday, Vacirca’s clinics decided that they would no longer see one-third of their 16,000 Medicare patients.
“A lot of us are in disbelief that this is happening,” he said.“It’s a choice between seeing these patients and staying in business.”
“I don’t think there was an intention to disrupt care or move it into a more expensive setting,” said Cathy Schoen, senior vice president of the Commonwealth Fund, which recently released a plan for cutting $2 trillion in health spending.“If that’s the case, we’re being penny-wise and a pound-foolish with these cuts.”
Legislators meant to partially shield Medicare from the automatic budget cuts triggered by the sequester, limiting the program to a 2 percent reduction — a fraction of the cuts seen by other federal programs.
But oncologists say the cut is unexpectedly damaging for cancer patients because of the way those treatments are covered.
Medications for seniors are usually covered under the optional Medicare Part D, which includes private insurance. But because cancer drugs must be administered by a physician, they are among a handful of pharmaceuticals paid for by Part B, which covers doctor visits and is subject to the sequester cut.
The federal government typically pays community oncologists for the average sales price of a chemotherapy drug, plus 6 percent to cover the cost of storing and administering the medication.“This is a drug that we’re purchasing. The costs don’t change and you can’t do without it. Charles Holladay, a doctor at the clinic, said.“We tell them that if we don’t go this course, it’s just a matter of time before we go out of business.”
The care will likely be more expensive: One study from actuarial firm Milliman found that chemotherapy delivered in a hospital setting costs the federal government an average of $6,500 more annually than care delivered in a community clinic.
Milliman found that Medicare patients ended up with an average of $650 more in out-of-pocket costs when they were seen only in a hospital setting.
It is still unclear whether hospitals have the capacity to absorb these patients. The same Milliman report found that the majority of Medicare patients — 66 percent — receive treatment in a community oncology clinic, instead of a hospital.
Non-profit hospitals will likely have an easier time bearing the brunt of the sequester cuts. A federal program known as 340B requires pharmaceutical companies to give double-digit discounts to hospitals that treat low-income and uninsured patients.
“What we’re trying to do in the hospital is prepare for this,” ECHN spokesman Eric Berthel said.“We’re making sure we have access to the pharmaceutical companies and that we have appropriate staff on hand. We’re hoping the oncology practice will be successful in renegotiating this.
An analysis prepared by his clinic estimates that, if the full 2 percent cut takes effect, between 50 and 70 percent of the drugs it administers would become money losers.
Boccia estimates that 55 percent of his patients are covered by Medicare,
Again the poor and elderly are the big losers in this 'change'.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#37911 Apr 4, 2013
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Tamara I'm sorry I had to post this because I know it's a worry to you. But both Packing Heat and MistyGirl have been warning about this for a long time. I was so shocked myself to see this when I was scanning news outlets. It's from a Washington Post article. Your right once ObamaCare is running all our healthcare we're all sunk especially the elderly and poor just like MistyGirl says. Thank God we have a few honest people who post on this thread!

I'm still here and will start researching the facts of what is to come as things are rapidly falling apart. I am seeing the implementation running right into a brick wall and breaking down on the side of the road. Obamacare as some major defects. I'll post what I find.

My next post is a good one for those just catching up and finding out what goes on around here and has in times past.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#37912 Apr 4, 2013
MistyGirl, this was just too funny. Some how I missed it but reflecting some of the past we have went through on these threads I crossed your post and went to see it. I also linked it for others that might enjoy the other posts around this one for all the context. For those that were not posting back in the beginning will find a lot of laughs starting around page 200 thru 250 of this thread.
http://www.topix.com/forum/tulsa/TJL00UT2HHOU...

MistyGirl wrote:
You guys have to read Post #8445 from "Wayne". He knows old
DustyOutlaw/WMCOL....you just got to check this out,english only forum.

http://www.topix.com/forum/tulsa/TEOTBEF2AGLJ...

Wayne wrote:
DustyOutlaw/WMCOL are married. He used to be a preacher for a very small church until he had a complete meltdown and started preaching there was NO DEVIL, NO SATAN. He was discommunicated from the church. His wife always supports whatever off the wall
agenda he has. She will usually operate covertly in her support.
He will always be in your face and overt in what he does as he has an arrogance that knows no boundaries. He loves to throw statistics and volumes of so-called facts but many times it's twisted half truths. That's what he does and she will support him any way she can.

I couldn't allow this to go on one day more without saying something to the people of this forum. This man is a charlatan and his wife will fully support whatever agenda he is putting forth.

Now that my conscience is clear, I wish each and everyone a good day.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37913 Apr 4, 2013
Maddy:
Did you read "The non-profit hospitals will likely have an easier tome bearing the brunt of the sequester cuts. A Federal program know as 340B requires pharmaceutical companies to give double-dige-it discounts to hospitals that treat low-income and uninsured patients." So I am not sure if low income people will get hurt as bad as the elderly. In Obamacare low income people will financial help with their health care. Depending on what income bracket they are in will decided how much if not all will be paid for by the government with means this falls on all taxpaying people including the elderly. These low income people are the dependent people the government wants. They want to be able to tell you when where and what to do think. Who pays for all this? My guess is the hard working Middle class people but if the government doesnot stop draining them of what they earn then this part of the US will disappear one day.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#37914 Apr 4, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Some one may think I am nuts. But they are already stopping many treatments for people on Social Security and if you are drawing S. S. then you are probably on Medicare. Why the heck did the government take billions of dollars from Medicare to pay for lower income peoples's health insurance and people on medicaid? Think on that for awhile. Insurance companies will be doing pretty much what the government tells them since they got a big boost from Obamacare by make it law that everyone will have to but health insurance. So what other health problem are a high dollar cost that will be costing Obamacare big time?
Channel 5 was saying they would be having something about medicare and chemo tonite on the news.

Something I’m still puzzled with the damn progressive liberal retards. That bragged and still do brag at how the insurance company can no longer deny you coverage for any pre-existing condition yet that is exactly what will ultimately happen with Obamacare. Commonly referred to as Rationing and Death Panels with Big Balls to tell everyone to just hush and take the pill. Obama even openly admitted that and I have posted that proof here before all over this thread. Hopefully we will see it collapse on its own since it can’t get the additional Trillions it need to fix the lies they told.
Donnie

United States

#37915 Apr 4, 2013
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?

A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
Donnie

United States

#37916 Apr 4, 2013
Yes, I did post the above.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#37917 Apr 4, 2013
TAMARA wrote:
Maddy:
Did you read "The non-profit hospitals will likely have an easier tome bearing the brunt of the sequester cuts. A Federal program know as 340B requires pharmaceutical companies to give double-dige-it discounts to hospitals that treat low-income and uninsured patients." So I am not sure if low income people will get hurt as bad as the elderly. In Obamacare low income people will financial help with their health care. Depending on what income bracket they are in will decided how much if not all will be paid for by the government with means this falls on all taxpaying people including the elderly. These low income people are the dependent people the government wants. They want to be able to tell you when where and what to do think. Who pays for all this? My guess is the hard working Middle class people but if the government doesnot stop draining them of what they earn then this part of the US will disappear one day.

Yes ma'am, you're exactly right. Of course in the end that is exactly what Obama wants to do too. Just saying.
Donnie

United States

#37918 Apr 4, 2013
No, I did not post anything.
Maddy

United States

#37919 Apr 4, 2013
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Tamara I'm sorry I had to post this because I know it's a worry to you. But both Packing Heat and MistyGirl have been warning about this for a long time. I was so shocked myself to see this when I was scanning news outlets. It's from a Washington Post article. Your right once ObamaCare is running all our healthcare we're all sunk especially the elderly and poor just like MistyGirl says. Thank God we have a few honest people who post on this thread!
I did not post this.
Maddy

United States

#37920 Apr 4, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Something I’m still puzzled with the damn progressive liberal retards. That bragged and still do brag at how the insurance company can no longer deny you coverage for any pre-existing condition yet that is exactly what will ultimately happen with Obamacare. Commonly referred to as Rationing and Death Panels with Big Balls to tell everyone to just hush and take the pill. Obama even openly admitted that and I have posted that proof here before all over this thread. Hopefully we will see it collapse on its own since it can’t get the additional Trillions it need to fix the lies they told.
Packing heat is a real puzzle or putz.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#37921 Apr 4, 2013
Packing Heat wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. But what they have changed is the health insurance company cannot refuse to insure you. But I donot remember that Obamacare guaranteed a person being treated for their health problem.
Marcus

United States

#37922 Apr 4, 2013
Maddy was in a coma. She had been in it for months. Nurses were in her room giving her a sponge bath. One of them was washing her private area and noticed that there was a slight response on the monitor when she touched her.

They tried it again and sure enough there was definite movement. They went to her husband and explained what happened, telling him, "As crazy as this sounds, maybe a little oral sex will do the trick and bring her out of the coma."

Packing Heat was sceptical, but they assured him that they'd close the curtains for privacy. The husband finally agreed and went into his wife's room.

After a few minutes the woman's monitor flat lined, no pulse, no heart rate. The nurses run back into the room. "What happened!?" they cried.

Packing Heat said, "I'm not sure - I think maybe she choked."
Maddy

United States

#37923 Apr 4, 2013
Packing Heat, who was holidaying from Oklahoma on a Florida Beach couldn't seem to make it with any of the girls. So he asked the local lifeguard for some advice.

"Man, it's obvious," says the lifeguard, "you're wearing them old baggy swimming trunks that make ya look like an old geezer. They're years outta style. Your best bet is to grab yourself a pair of Speedos - about two sizes too small - and drop a fist-sized potato down inside 'em. I'm tellin' ya man...you'll have all the babes ya want!"

The following weekend, Packing Heat hits the beach with his spanking new tight Speedos, and his fist-sized potato. Everybody on the beach was disgusted as he walked by, covering their faces, turning away, laughing, looking sick!

So he went back to the lifeguard again and asked him, "What's wrong now?"

"Damn, Man!" said the lifeguard, "The potato goes in front!!"
Maddy

United States

#37924 Apr 4, 2013
Two dads from the neighbourhood were standing around watching their kids play on the playground. These guys are always trying to top each other with new jokes.

One of the dads, Marcus, pipes up and asks Zane if he knew anything about wrestling. Zane proceeds to tell him a thing or two, and walks up behind Marcus and puts his right arm through his right armpit and his hand on ZMarcus's neck.

"What's this called?" Zane asks. "That's a half-nelson," Marcus says as his right arm was pushed up over his head. "Very good, Marcus," Zane replied. "Now, what's this?"

Zane did the same exact thing to Marcus's left arm leaving him with both hands over his head while standing behind him. "That's a full-nelson," Marcus said, trying to figure out what Zane's joke could be.

"Right!" Zane said. Then, remaining behind Marcus with both his hands forcing Marcus over by putting pressure on his neck, Zane bent Marcus over and began grinding his hips into his azz.

"So what's this?" Zane said. "I don't know," Marcuse admitted. Zane shouted, "It's a Father Nelson!"
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#37925 Apr 4, 2013
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
I have reported you to Topix. I told them the whole story of story of the 'other' and those posts and your stalker posts. I could sue. Don't worry, I won't be back you sicko

Are you kidding me? Wasn't you just back on page 1844 and you were laughing your fat ass off and telling everyone come on out of the bunkers, they were cracking you up? Now you taking your Toy over us and leaving? Wow, how many times have you said that. At least keep up posted on your tinker bell parades, LOL.
TAMARA

United States

#37926 Apr 4, 2013
One December day we found an old straggly cat at our door. She was a sorry sight. Starving, dirty, smelled terrible, skinny, and hair all matted down. We felt sorry for her so we put her in a carrier and took her to the vet. We didn't know what to call her so we named her 'Pussycat.'
The vet decided to keep her for a day or so. He said he would l et us know when we could come and get her.
My husband (the complainer) said,'OK, but don't forget to wash her, she stinks' He reminded the vet that it was his WIFE (me) that wanted the dirty cat, not him.
My husband and my Vet don't see eye to eye. The vet calls my husband 'El-Cheap-O', and my husband calls the vet 'El-Charge-O'. They love to hate each other and constantly 'snipe' at one another, with my husband getting in the last word on this particular occasion.
The next day my husband had an appointment with his doctor, who is located in the same building, next door to the vet.
The MD's waiting room and office was full of people waiting to see the doctor. A side door opened and the vet leaned in - he had obviously seen my husband arrive.
He looked straight at my husband and in a loud voice said,'Your wife's pussy doesn't stink any more. We washed and shaved it, and now she smells like a rose. Oh, and, by the way, I think she's pregnant. God only knows who the father is!' Then he closed the door.
Now THAT, my friends, is getting even!
Misty

United States

#37927 Apr 4, 2013
Giving Up Wine

I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless woman who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner.

I took out my wallet, got out ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy wine with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago", the homeless woman told me.

"Will you use it to go shopping instead of buying food?" I asked.

"No, I don't waste time shopping," the homel ess woman said. "I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on a beauty salon instead of food?" I asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless woman. I haven't had my hair done in 20 years!"

"Well," I said, "I'm not going to give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you out for dinner with my husband and me tonight."

The homeless Woman was shocked. "Won't your husband be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty , and I probably smell pretty disgusting."

I said, "That's okay. It's important for him to see what a woman looks like after she has given up shopping, hair appointments, and wine."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma Ranks In Top 10 Of States With The Wor... 13 hr Watchdog 3
News Oklahoma Turnpike Authority delays toll increase 14 hr Watchdog 1
Kimberly Lavonne Cox: Stuck UP 23 hr Nadine 9
Angel Tscheter is Fat now!! Aug 22 Cotton Eye Joe 24
Sarah Marie Garrett Aug 21 Justine Marie 16
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Aug 21 trade_on 555
Brittany Shae Mixon Aug 21 Cameron 26

Yukon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance