OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#36880 Mar 18, 2013
The Fake Mandy wrote:
The GOP caring depends on skin color. Of course the GOP will tolerate a token or two. If they cared about inclusion of blacks in society for instance as created equal, how could they maintain their sense of superiority as human beings? They couldn't. racism is the basis of their sense of worth and value. They must see blacks as born inferior to them, and do everything to make it seem that way, otherwise most would commit suicide. Their life would have no meaning.

Republican Accomplishments that Helped Women and People of Color

1863 – The First Hispanic Governor was a Republican
1864 – Republicans Freed the Slaves
1986 – Republicans Passed the 14th Amendment
1866 – Republicans Established the Buffalo Soldiers
1867 – Republicans Established Howard University
1869 – Republicans Passed the 15th Amendment
1869 – Republican Opposition to Plessy v. Ferguson
1870 – The First African-American Senator was a Republican
1871 – Republicans Outlawed the Ku Klux Klan
1875 – Republicans Passed the 1875 Civil Rights Act
1878 – A Republican Wrote the 19th Amendment
1884 – A Former Slave Chaired the 1884 Republican National Convention
1887 – First Women Mayors in the United States
1906 – A Republican President Appointed the First Jewish Cabinet Secretary
1924 – Republicans Passed the Indian Citizenship Act
1928 – The First Hispanic U.S. Senator was a Republican
1938 – The First Asian-American U.S. Senator was a Republican
1940 – The Republican Party First Called for Ending Racial Segregation in the Military
1952 – A Republican Integrated the University of Mississippi
1954 – A Republican Wrote the Brown v. Board of Education decision
1957 – Republicans Passed the 1957 Civil Rights Act
1957 – Republicans Ended Racial Segregation in Little Rock
2004 – Vouchers for DC Schoolchildren

In fact, the “History” section of the Democratic Party’s website isn’t exactly fabulous. Also, it starts by mentioning the Party’s 200 years of history but skips to start during the 1930s, conveniently (and understandably) glossing on past the Party’s connections to slavery, Mob Lynching, Jim Crow laws, started the Klu Klux Klan to enforce Jim Crow etc.
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#36881 Mar 18, 2013
The Fake JAG wrote:
Lets remove from the equation the nepotism, the related, the peers, the cronies, and the "friends" of the various programs who make congressional members wealthy. Lets also strip away their golden-parachute retirement perks- such as pensions and health insurance for life. I see no evidence by their actions and deeds that would support a statement of describing their compassion for the average person. We the people make it pretty clear what we want, they ( congress) choose to allow others do the real voting for them via special interest. The difference between the two parties, in this respect, is that the GOP allows far more of this proxied-in and leveraged interests, and almost always at the cost of John Q Public. Its hard to shake a negative perception, right or wrong.

Oh Really? Let’s see here now! Obamacare comes to mind!

Let’s meet Liz Fowler: Architect of ObamaCare! Liz Jumps Ship To Johnson & Johnson.
In recent days it has emerged that Liz Fowler, who is said to have been one of the key architects of ObamaCare, is doing what any good revolving door crony capitalist would do. She is moving to the private sector to receive her payoff. Trudy Lieberman of the Columbia Journal Review explains that:

Herewith is a brief Liz Fowler curriculum vitae: In 2001 she had a plum job as chief counsel for the Senate Finance Committee, which deals with healthcare bills. As Greenwald’s old Salon post notes, her biography says she “played a key role” in the 2003 Medicare prescription drug law that created a new senior drug benefit, a benefit provided via private insurers, not the government, as is the case for other Medicare benefits. A few years later she landed a position at Well-Point as a vice president over-seeing the giant insurer’s lobbying activities.

Liz Fowler then returned to Senate Finance in 2008 to work for Sen. Max Baucus, a Democrat who chaired the committee, which was becoming Action Central for health reform. Fowler and Baucus pretty much wrote the bill that became Obamacare and which, we should note, did not include a proposed “public option,” which was popular with ordinary people but not the insurance companies that lobbied hard to make sure it was out of the mix.

Then this week Politico’s Dave Levinthal and Anna Palmer had a scoop: Liz Fowler is returning to the private world, this time to a senior level position leading global health policy at Johnson & Johnson’s government affairs and policy group. Imagine that!

Revolving door on Wall Street. Check.
Revolving door at the Pentagon. Check.
Revolving door in Healthcare. Check mate.
Welcome to America. Check your freedom at the door.

Read the full article here.
“Healthcare expert for sale”
http://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/heal...
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#36882 Mar 18, 2013
Obamacare will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion, according to a Government Accountability Office (GAO) report released today. Senator Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.), who requested the report, revealed the findings this morning at a Senate Budget Committee hearing. The report, he said,“confirms everything critics and Republicans were saying about the faults of this bill,” and “dramatically proves that the promises made assuring the nation that the largest new entitlement program in history would not add one dime to the deficit were false.”

President Obama and other Democrats attempted to win support for the health-care bill by touting it as a fiscally responsible enterprise.“I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits either now or in the future,” Obama told a joint-session of Congress in September 2009.“I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period.” The new report exposes the “lack of honesty” surrounding such claims, Sessions argued.“The big-government crowd in Washington manipulated the numbers in order to get the financial score they wanted, in order to get their bill passed and to increase power and influence,” he said.“The goal was not truth or financial responsibility, but to pass the bill. This is how a country goes broke.”

The GAO report is essentially the first attempt to isolate and calculate Obamacare’s impact on the deficit beyond the traditional ten-year budget window. GAO ran two simulations “based on broad sets of assumptions about health care spending and other components of federal spending and revenue” over a 75-year period. First, a baseline-extended simulation, which “illustrates the long-term outlook assuming federal laws (applicable at the time the simulation was run) remain unchanged,” and second, an alternative simulation, which “illustrates the long-term fiscal outlook assuming historical trends and policy preferences continue.” The baseline scenario is far more optimistic, largely because it does not take into account the concerns expressed by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Trustees, and Medicare’s chief actuary about “whether certain cost-containment mechanisms included in PPACA can be sustained over the long term.”

However, the GAO report concluded that even under these “more optimistic assumptions,” Obamacare’s cost-control provisions “were not sufficient to prevent an unsustainable increase in debt held by the public.” The alternative scenario, which incorporates the more realistic “alternative projections” suggested by CBO, the CMS trustees, and the chief Medicare actuary, is even more dire. Under this scenario, the “primary deficit” increases by 0.7 percent of GDP over the 75-year period. The GAO does not put a dollar value on that figure, but Senate Budget Committee staff has calculated, and GAO has confirmed, that it would amount to a $6.2 trillion increase in the federal deficit.
Donnie

United States

#36885 Mar 18, 2013
Are all these stupid, ill-mannered, republicans and wantabee repigs in the 1% of the ultra rich or are they just surrogates for the 1%?

A mouthpiece for the rich and usually talking out their azz because their mouth knows better."""
Packing Heat

United States

#36886 Mar 18, 2013
Mary Falin and her driver were cruising home along a country road one evening when an ancient cow loomed in front of the car.

The driver tried to avoid it but couldn't.
The aged cow was struck and killed.

Mary told her driver to go up to the farmhouse and explain to the owners what had happened and pay them for the cow.

She stayed in the car making phone calls.
About an hour later the driver staggered back to the car with his clothes in disarray.

He was holding a half-empty bottle of expensive wine in one hand, a huge Cuban cigar in the other, and was smiling happily, smeared with lipstick.

"What happened to you," asked Mary?

"Well," the driver replied, "the farmer gave me the cigar, his wife gave me the wine, and their beautiful twin daughters made passionate love to me."

"My God, what did you tell them?" asked Mary.

The driver replied, "I just stepped inside the door and said,'I'm Mary Fallin's driver and I've just killed the old cow.'

The rest happened so fast I couldn't stop it."
Zane

United States

#36887 Mar 18, 2013
Dear Abby,

I am a crack dealer in Norman, Oklahoma who has recently been diagnosed as a carrier of HIV virus. My parents live in Tulsa. One of my sisters lives in Muskogee and is married to a transvestite.

My father and mother have recently been arrested for growing and selling marijuana. They are financially dependent on my other two sisters, who are prostitutes in Oklahoma City.

I have two brothers: one is currently serving a non-parole life sentence at McAlester for the murder of a teenage boy in 1994. My other brother is currently in jail awaiting charges of sexual misconduct with his three children.

I have recently become engaged to marry a former prostitute who lives in Duncan . She is a part time "working girl".

All things considered, my problem is this. I love my fiancé and look forward to bringing her into the family. I certainly want to be totally open and honest with her.

Should I tell her about my cousin who supports Mary Fallin for Governor?

Signed,
Worried About My Reputation
JAG

United States

#36888 Mar 18, 2013
Mary and a Cowboy

Governor Mary Fallin (R), on an airliner bound for Texas, finds herself seated next to an older, weathered man in a western snap shirt, faded jeans, and a cowboy hat.

Thinking herself above the old cowboy, she decides to make sport of him.

"You know," she says, "I've heard these flights go much more quickly if you strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger.

So, let's talk."

The cowboy looks at her wryly and says, "Well I s'pose that'd be all right, m'am. What'd ya like to discuss?"

"Oh, I don't know," says Hillary with a slight hint of sarcasm.

"How about Obamacare?"

"Hmm," says the cowboy, sensing an attempt to perhaps belittle him, "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first: Horses, cows, and deer all eat the same stuff--grass. Yet a deer passes little pellets, a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse makes muffins of dried poop. Why do you suppose that is?"

Dumbfounded, Governor Fallin replies, "I haven't the slightest idea."

"So tell me, then," says the cowboy with a smile. "How is it that you feel qualified to discuss Obamacare when you don't know sh!t?
Ralph

United States

#36889 Mar 18, 2013
JAG wrote:
Mary and a Cowboy
Governor Mary Fallin (R), on an airliner bound for Texas, finds herself seated next to an older, weathered man in a western snap shirt, faded jeans, and a cowboy hat.
Thinking herself above the old cowboy, she decides to make sport of him.
"You know," she says, "I've heard these flights go much more quickly if you strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger.
So, let's talk."
The cowboy looks at her wryly and says, "Well I s'pose that'd be all right, m'am. What'd ya like to discuss?"
"Oh, I don't know," says Hillary with a slight hint of sarcasm.
"How about Obamacare?"
"Hmm," says the cowboy, sensing an attempt to perhaps belittle him, "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first: Horses, cows, and deer all eat the same stuff--grass. Yet a deer passes little pellets, a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse makes muffins of dried poop. Why do you suppose that is?"
Dumbfounded, Governor Fallin replies, "I haven't the slightest idea."
"So tell me, then," says the cowboy with a smile. "How is it that you feel qualified to discuss Obamacare when you don't know sh!t?
Ha, Ha--Repug are not smart enough to discuss Obamacare since they do not know sh!t---Ha, Ha.
TAMARA

United States

#36890 Mar 18, 2013
One day, the seven dwarfs left to go work in the mine. Snow White stayed home to prepare lunch.

When she arrived at the mine with the lunch, she saw that there had been a terrible cave in.

Tearfully, and fearing the worst. Snow White began calling out, hoping against hope that some of the dwarfs had survived.

"Hello, hello," she called. "Can anyone hear me? Hello"

For quite a while there was no answer. Losing hope, Snow White called again, "Hello. Is anyone down there?"

Just as she was about to give up all hope, there came a faint voice from deep in the mine. The voice said, "Vote for Mary Fallin. Vote for Mary Fallin."

Snow White, somewhat relieved screamed out, "Oh, thank God. Dopey is still alive."
Mandy

United States

#36891 Mar 18, 2013
n the Listening Tour, Mary Fallin was pleased and proud that the local sandwich shop in a town she was visiting had named a sandwich after her.

She was somewhat less pleased after she found out what was in it.

"Mostly baloney," said the proprietor.
Donnie

Atlanta, TX

#36892 Mar 19, 2013
Pope Francis issued an appeal for the protection of the weak, the poor and the world environment Tuesday at a special Mass marking his inauguration as the new leader of the world's 1.2 billion Roman Catholics.

During the homily, he told a crowd of up to 200,000 gathered in front of the Vatican:“I would like to ask all those who have positions of responsibility in economic, political and social life, and all men and women of goodwill: Let us be protectors of creation, protectors of God’s plan inscribed in nature, protectors of one another and of the environment.”

He added:“We must not be afraid of goodness or even tenderness.”
TAMARA

Atlanta, TX

#36893 Mar 19, 2013
Well, so much for his fantasy.

This will leave all repugs and Catholics alone in the woods.
Packing Heat

Atlanta, TX

#36894 Mar 19, 2013
A train hits a bus load of nuns and they all perish. They are all in heaven trying to enter the pearly gates past St. Peter.

He asks the first nun,''Sister Karen, have you ever had any contact with a penis?''

The nun giggles and slyly replies,''Well once I touched the head of one with the tip of my finger.''

St. Peter says,''OK, dip the tip of your finger in the holy water and pass through the gate.''

St. Peter asks the next nun the same question,''Sister Elizabeth have you ever had any contact with a penis?''

The nun is a little reluctant but replies ''Well once I fondled and stroked one.''

St. Peter says ''OK, dip your whole hand in the holy water and pass through the gate.''

All of a sudden, there is a lot of commotion in the line of nuns, one nun is pushing her way to the front of the line.

When she reaches the front of the line St. Peter says ''Sister, Sister what seems to be the rush?!

''The nun replies,''Do you think I'm going to gargle with that stuff after Sister Briony has dipped her azz in it?
JAG

Atlanta, TX

#36895 Mar 19, 2013
Donnie walks into the country club one day and notices his friend Zane at the bar, and he was looking pretty drunk. Concerned for his friend because he usually didn't drink much, he asked Zane what the matter was.
Zane gets up and walks to a quiet corner of the bar and says to Donnie, "You know Hole 6, the par 3 that runs parallel to the highway?" "Sure," his friend replied, "What about it?"

Zane explained, "Well you see, when I teed off, I sliced it really bad and it went through the windshield of a bus full of nuns. It must have hit the driver because he lost control and the bus flipped several times, killing all the nuns. I just don't know what to do".

"Well", Donnie replied, "You need to concentrate more on not dropping your shoulder mid-swing and you'll get rid of that slice."
Packing Heat

Vinita, OK

#36896 Mar 19, 2013
The Pew Research Center’s annual “State of the Media” report says that opinionated programming is 85% of MSNBC’s programming and just 15% as what they call “actual repeating” of what Fox News reports.

It goes on to say that liberals are some of the most ignorant, uninformed, low life piece of shit bottom feeders alive. They can usually be found posting meaningless liberal bullshit on Topix using everyone else’s screen names in a lame attempt at making those individuals angry, FAIL!

They have been known to engage in Human Trafficking as a way to pay for their Occupy Protest as well.

In other news, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) said Monday that Democrats spanked his ass for the dumbass gun bill so he will drop a ban on certain semiautomatic weapons as part of its gun control package affectively making it a meaningless bill and complete waste of time.

The ban on so-called "assault weapons" was near and dear to a moron by the name of Sen. Dianne Feinstein, who has admitted frustration that her bill, which would have banned 157 models of weapons, won't be offered on the Senate floor and will not even be considered by the majority of this Nation!

She could still offer the ban as an amendment but that too would be a waste of time. Harry Reid and his fellow Democrats will still push for tougher gun registration laws and limits to the size of ammunition magazines that is just another waste of time but since they sit on their ass or stay on vacation might as well spend their time writing bills they can‘t get passed.

Senate Democrats explained their decision to drop the weapon ban from their legislative package because it was a stupid idea to start with.

Basically was just a demonstration to show the American People what kind of idiot democrats we have.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Donnie

United States

#36897 Mar 19, 2013
After mudslinging for the last couple of years, Packing Heat and TAMARA sit down at a bar. An attractive woman walks by and TAMARA blows a kiss at her.

Packing Heat smiles wide and says, "I see we have the same taste in women. That was my wife."

TAMARA cackles and says, "After you've eaten enough of them, they all taste pretty much the same."
Zane

United States

#36898 Mar 19, 2013
The Pope and Governor Mary Fallin are on the same stage in front of a huge crowd.

'Her Majesty' and His Holiness, however, have seen it all before, so to make it a little more interesting, the Governor says to the Pope,'Did you know that with just one little wave of my hand I can make every Republican in the crowd go wild?'

He doubts it, so she shows him. Sure enough, the wave elicits rapture and cheering from every Republican in the crowd. Gradually, the cheering subsides.

The Pope, not wanting to be out done by such a level of arrogance, considers what he could do.

'That was impressive. But did you know that with just one little wave of MY hand I can make EVERY person in the crowd go crazy with joy? This joy will not be a momentary display like that of your subjects, but will go deep into their hearts, and they will forever speak of this day and rejoice.'

The Governor seriously doubts this, and says so.'One little wave of your hand and all people will rejoice forever? Show me.'

So the Pope slapped her
JAG

United States

#36899 Mar 19, 2013
Q: Did you here about Kentucky Fried Chicken's Mary Fallin comboo meal?
A: two small breasts, two large thighs and two right wings.

Q: What kind of jewelry does Mary look best in?
A: Handcuffs

Q: What kind of neckwear does Mary Fallin look best in?
A: Stocks & Chains
TAMARA

United States

#36900 Mar 19, 2013
A Democrat cowboy from Oklahoma goes to a social function where Mary Fallin is trying to gather more support for her Re-election . Once she discovers the cowboy is a Democrat, she starts to belittle him by mockingly talking in a southern drawl and single syllable words.

As she was doing that, she kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around her head. The cowboy says, "Y’all havin’ some problem with them circle flies?"

She stopped talking and said, "Well yes, if that’s what they’re called. But I’ve never heard of circle flies."

"Well ma’am," the cowboy replies, "circle flies hang around ranches. They’re called circle flies because they’re almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."

"Oh," Mary replies as she goes back to rambling. But, a moment later she stops and bluntly asks, "Are you calling me a horse’s ass?"

"No, ma’am," the cowboy replies, "I have too much respect for citizens of Oklahoma to call their Governor a horse’s ass."

"That’s a good thing," she haughtily responds and begins rambling on once more.

After a long pause, the cowboy, in his best Oklahoma drawl adds,... "Hard to fool them flies, though."
Jesse

United States

#36901 Mar 19, 2013
Q: What does Mary Fallin do to lose weight?
A: She runs away from the issues.

Q: What's really Mary Fallin's favorite baseball team?
A: The Dodgers.

Q: What Biblical and Renaissance characters does Mary most resemble?
A: Jezebel and Lucretia Borgia.

Q: Why is Fallin prone to losing her voice?
A: She keeps having to eat her words.

Q: What was the real purpose of Mary's college visit to Moscow?
A: To study economics.

Q: Have you heard about the new Mary Fallin doll?
A: You pull a little ring and it never tells the same story twice!

Q: You know what the problem with political jokes is, don't you?
A: They get elected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kendra Conley: Weight 10 hr Glasco 8
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 13 hr Dreamcatcher08 557
Disability-Social Security Fraud - Report It !!! (Jul '10) Thu Poor mom 25
Kimberly Lavonne Cox: Stuck UP Thu FUKU 14
News Oklahoma Ranks In Top 10 Of States With The Wor... Thu scott 4
News Oklahoma Turnpike Authority delays toll increase Wed Watchdog 1
Angel Tscheter is Fat now!! Aug 22 Cotton Eye Joe 24

Yukon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance