Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#34174 Nov 14, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well like I have said before no matter what some of us Oklahomans do You seem to just want us put up in front of a firing squad and done away with. Yes for the first time in my life I voted for a Republican for President. So in your eyes I am the one that is taking this country down. Hello this country was aready down but for Ivote this year! And you are full of crap in teling me I am living in te past. I talked about what I had done. My point if others donot step up and do the same now then they are the ones dropping the ball!
==========
It's your mindset Tamara. You think everything is just fine in Oklahoma but if it is not you don't see yourself as having any responsibility for it. Everyone who lives in Oklahoma has some responsibility for the condition of the state, at a minimum, at least an honest acknowledgment of the existing conditions. You don't see beyond your nose.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34175 Nov 14, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
It's your mindset Tamara. You think everything is just fine in Oklahoma but if it is not you don't see yourself as having any responsibility for it. Everyone who lives in Oklahoma has some responsibility for the condition of the state, at a minimum, at least an honest acknowledgment of the existing conditions. You don't see beyond your nose.
I know things are not just fine in Oklahoma. The school program is still in bad shape. What has it been A Republican governor, then a Democrat governor, and now we have a Republican governor and we still have the same old problems plus some here in our State. No I have not seen much improvemnt over the years. The only thing you do is thinking that yo are the only one thatis smart enough to see the problem, So are you out there doing something to make Oklahoma better 24/7 and if so what is it? I just told about the school thing to let you know I did try to do something about a problem to make it some what better. All I get from the KINGS on here I am living in the past and not looking beyond my nose. Well guess what I guess what I did didnot even help a little because our education has not moved forward to much!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#34176 Nov 14, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I know things are not just fine in Oklahoma. The school program is still in bad shape. What has it been A Republican governor, then a Democrat governor, and now we have a Republican governor and we still have the same old problems plus some here in our State. No I have not seen much improvemnt over the years. The only thing you do is thinking that yo are the only one thatis smart enough to see the problem, So are you out there doing something to make Oklahoma better 24/7 and if so what is it? I just told about the school thing to let you know I did try to do something about a problem to make it some what better. All I get from the KINGS on here I am living in the past and not looking beyond my nose. Well guess what I guess what I did didnot even help a little because our education has not moved forward to much!
I may not changed education for all of Oklahoma back in my olden days. But the system I was working in my 3 sons all started Kindergarden and gradutated from this school systems. Boys graduated 82, 83, and 86. So most of the kids that were in this school system I knew from the time they start with the boys and graduated with them. When those students that I helped get the special education program they needed comes up to me years later and even on facebook now and thanks me for taking the time to fight for them and they have gone on to live productive lives I feel I did and have made a difference. But I am sadden by the student that for what ever reason did not want the help and did not get the help they needed and they either ended up on the low end of the totem pole of life. So the Kings of Topixs can blame me and accuse me of doing nothing I really don't care.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#34177 Nov 14, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I may not changed education for all of Oklahoma back in my olden days. But the system I was working in my 3 sons all started Kindergarden and gradutated from this school systems. Boys graduated 82, 83, and 86. So most of the kids that were in this school system I knew from the time they start with the boys and graduated with them. When those students that I helped get the special education program they needed comes up to me years later and even on facebook now and thanks me for taking the time to fight for them and they have gone on to live productive lives I feel I did and have made a difference. But I am sadden by the student that for what ever reason did not want the help and did not get the help they needed and they either ended up on the low end of the totem pole of life. So the Kings of Topixs can blame me and accuse me of doing nothing I really don't care.
Don't listen to them Tamara. No one can do a thing about Oklahoma politics, Dem or Repub as long as the tentacles of big oil control this state. Pretty much all you have is one vote like the rest of us.

It's just a matter of reading and staying on top of issues. There is no magic bullet for education. The sad part of it is being in a school system that has a large base of high price homes so they have a better tax base to support the school system.

But no matter what it come back to the parents and the student. Involved parents with even a half way motivated student makes all the difference.

Oklahoma will swing back and forth. People will vote out the Repubs after another term and Dems will come back.

The thing is jobs and getting a large employer here, until we achieve that we will stay on the same course we are on.

Location hidden

#34178 Nov 14, 2012
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I may not changed education for all of Oklahoma back in my olden days. But the system I was working in my 3 sons all started Kindergarden and gradutated from this school systems. Boys graduated 82, 83, and 86. So most of the kids that were in this school system I knew from the time they start with the boys and graduated with them. When those students that I helped get the special education program they needed comes up to me years later and even on facebook now and thanks me for taking the time to fight for them and they have gone on to live productive lives I feel I did and have made a difference. But I am sadden by the student that for what ever reason did not want the help and did not get the help they needed and they either ended up on the low end of the totem pole of life. So the Kings of Topixs can blame me and accuse me of doing nothing I really don't care.
==========
You missed the point.

The state is worthy of strong criticism and despite it's many shortcomings you are not willing to to acknowledge and condemn them.

In other words you are not willing to take the first step toward making the state better, that is recognizing and acknowledging the shortcomings and their uniqueness to Oklahoma. You are an enabler.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#34179 Nov 14, 2012
WMCOL and Dusty

I guess you like taking turns to bat Tamara around.

Guess you didn't notice the vote here in Oklahoma. Did you think Tamara was going to vote Obama? I didn't.

Okies are going to have to be shown. Big surprise. I mean this is the Bible belt after all. Churches on every street corner. And the newest biggest building in OKC is a phallic symbol for Big Oil.

Oklahoma is fly over country. Always has been. I don't worry about it. One thing is they hate to be on a losing team. Eventually even Texas is turning blue in a lot of cities and so goes Oklahoma, eventually.

I'm not worried about Tamara or even some of the others, even Misty! Obamacare is to new and to frightening to a place that doesn't accept change to easily. But their not going anywhere. The next 2 years until the next election and they see the Dems aren't going to stay at home for that election again.

We've learned our lesson and here come 2016 and it will go Dem again.

Tamara will make the right choice in the long run, she just has to be shown. That's alright.

Their candidate didn't win and being nasty and rubbing it in sure doesn't help. At all. You could be more understanding and gracious.

Debating current events is on the menu now or it should be. Beating them over the head after the loss is stupid and a waste of time.
Stoney

Stroud, OK

#34180 Nov 14, 2012
I dont care who leagalizes marijuana as long as it gets done!

Location hidden

#34181 Nov 15, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
WMCOL and Dusty
Guess you didn't notice the vote here in Oklahoma. Did you think Tamara was going to vote Obama? I didn't.
Okies are going to have to be shown. Big surprise. I mean this is the Bible belt after all. Churches on every street corner. And the newest biggest building in OKC is a phallic symbol for Big Oil.
Oklahoma is fly over country. Always has been. I don't worry about it. One thing is they hate to be on a losing team. Eventually even Texas is turning blue in a lot of cities and so goes Oklahoma, eventually.
I'm not worried about Tamara or even some of the others, even Misty! Obamacare is to new and to frightening to a place that doesn't accept change to easily. But their not going anywhere. The next 2 years until the next election and they see the Dems aren't going to stay at home for that election again.
Tamara will make the right choice in the long run, she just has to be shown. That's alright.
Their candidate didn't win and being nasty and rubbing it in sure doesn't help. At all. You could be more understanding and gracious.
Debating current events is on the menu now or it should be. Beating them over the head after the loss is stupid and a waste of time.
==========
>>>Their candidate didn't win and being nasty and rubbing it in sure doesn't help.<<<

Who's rubbing anything in? Not me or Dusty. Dusty said Tamara voted for the problem and therefore not against it. That's not rubbing anything in. Thats what he thinks about her vote. Telling the truth about Oklahoma is not rubbing anything in.

And note she volunteered who she voted for.
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#34182 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
>>>Their candidate didn't win and being nasty and rubbing it in sure doesn't help.<<<
Who's rubbing anything in? Not me or Dusty. Dusty said Tamara voted for the problem and therefore not against it. That's not rubbing anything in. Thats what he thinks about her vote. Telling the truth about Oklahoma is not rubbing anything in.
And note she volunteered who she voted for.
I learned at the restaurant since the election some things. Every one of our customers (regulars) came one after the other moaning about the election. We both had to work since some of best staff is out sick. They knew that we,especially me were Obama voters. They all knew even that they would never ever admit it out loud what is wrong with the Repub ticket especially Romney. But when we kept it low key and didn't rub it in they were more adaptable to listening. And they can't resist asking questions, I just smile, answer their question and move on leaving them to think about it.

You can talk until your blue in the face but they are simply not going to even be argued out of their position. Their going to sit and watch what happens. Especially what comes up with the implementation of Obamacare. Their not heartless. They understand about pre-existing conditions. Most of them knew my situation and have family members in the same boat of pre-existing conditions and the crap you have to put up with the health insurance companies. But their freaked out.

They listen to the news and worse, Fox 24/7. Most of the regulars are seniors. Just like Tamara, they are really freaked out about Medicare and Medicaid. They don't know who to believe anymore and really don't trust anybody. Their all white and hear that they are losing their majority status and never imagined that ever happening.

They have been their whole life climate change deniers but they can't hold on to that either living in Oklahoma and the droughts. When you come to the realization that some of your firmly held beliefs are raveling right before their eyes it's a real shock to their system.

The real religious believe we are at the end days. How can you talk some out and reason with them? You can't. All you can do is keep it even and smile and point out when something that benefits them is happening.

But don't kid your self, they are listening all the while they are arguing with you. It just has to sink in and our words won't change them because it's going to have to take both actions by the Obama administration and our batting down the crap that FOX puts out. But FOX did their self in with those polls.

But one thing for sure has been true out of all this, the wingest winguts and the reddest red necks aren't talking as much as they did before and are more open to listening if we don't harangue them pointing out where they messed up. Their not stupid but their world is changing. You just got there before they did.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#34183 Nov 15, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned at the restaurant since the election some things. Every one of our customers (regulars) came one after the other moaning about the election. We both had to work since some of best staff is out sick. They knew that we,especially me were Obama voters. They all knew even that they would never ever admit it out loud what is wrong with the Repub ticket especially Romney. But when we kept it low key and didn't rub it in they were more adaptable to listening. And they can't resist asking questions, I just smile, answer their question and move on leaving them to think about it.
You can talk until your blue in the face but they are simply not going to even be argued out of their position. Their going to sit and watch what happens. Especially what comes up with the implementation of Obamacare. Their not heartless. They understand about pre-existing conditions. Most of them knew my situation and have family members in the same boat of pre-existing conditions and the crap you have to put up with the health insurance companies. But their freaked out.
They listen to the news and worse, Fox 24/7. Most of the regulars are seniors. Just like Tamara, they are really freaked out about Medicare and Medicaid. They don't know who to believe anymore and really don't trust anybody. Their all white and hear that they are losing their majority status and never imagined that ever happening.
They have been their whole life climate change deniers but they can't hold on to that either living in Oklahoma and the droughts. When you come to the realization that some of your firmly held beliefs are raveling right before their eyes it's a real shock to their system.
The real religious believe we are at the end days. How can you talk some out and reason with them? You can't. All you can do is keep it even and smile and point out when something that benefits them is happening.
But don't kid your self, they are listening all the while they are arguing with you. It just has to sink in and our words won't change them because it's going to have to take both actions by the Obama administration and our batting down the crap that FOX puts out. But FOX did their self in with those polls.
But one thing for sure has been true out of all this, the wingest winguts and the reddest red necks aren't talking as much as they did before and are more open to listening if we don't harangue them pointing out where they messed up. Their not stupid but their world is changing. You just got there before they did.
You're full of it. I can read what they're saying all over the internet. I can see video all over the bible belt. I hear about Mary Failing bragging about being the reddest of the red states. They aren't changing. And you're a fool to think they will. They haven't since statehood. They're hicks.
OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34184 Nov 15, 2012
Justaminute wrote:
WMCOL and Dusty
Ron Paul understands the death of America. Many didn't agree with everything he said but Americans will finally see many of the warnings he said in 1976 till yesterday on the floor which he proclaimed would probably be his last speech there...that American Freedom will continue to die as big government takes over and we the people will suffer greatly. FEMA didn't save the people of NJ,NY even the Red Cross was MIA two weeks after the incident happened for folks on Staten Island. But not to worry Obama is meeting again today with "officials" at a FEMA CENTER and he is doing a fly over of the devastated areas. Plenty of photo ops and after he's gone, the people will continue to suffer. NJ refused help from non-union licensed crews who came within hrs of the storm abating to help fellow Americans but were denied entrance because they were non-unionized journeymen. The ridiculousness continues...

Ron Paul deserves to retire in peace he fought with conviction and purpose, integrity something so lacking in society and especially in Congress. How very sad for him to see his warnings coming true so fast, his heart must bleed for his grandchildren...

Location hidden

#34185 Nov 15, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of it. I can read what they're saying all over the internet. I can see video all over the bible belt. I hear about Mary Failing bragging about being the reddest of the red states. They aren't changing. And you're a fool to think they will. They haven't since statehood. They're hicks.
==========
Exacto! Will never forget when I came back to Oklahoma from california and was trying to bring a little progress and a better way of lift to the little community I grew up in, but was constantly met with unreasonable, illogical opposition.

I asked my brother who had dealt with these people all his life what could I do to reach them? He said, "shoot them", and he went on to something else. That puzzled me because my brother is a highly educated and accomplished person.

Sometime later I began to understand what he meant; "They aren't changing". Change if it comes, will be very slow and take many generations. These people take great pride in their ignorance and backwardness and love to display it.

Location hidden

#34186 Nov 15, 2012
OnlyInAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul understands the death of America. Many didn't agree with everything he said but Americans will finally see many of the warnings he said in 1976 till yesterday on the floor which he proclaimed would probably be his last speech there...that American Freedom will continue to die as big government takes over and we the people will suffer greatly. FEMA didn't save the people of NJ,NY even the Red Cross was MIA two weeks after the incident happened for folks on Staten Island. But not to worry Obama is meeting again today with "officials" at a FEMA CENTER and he is doing a fly over of the devastated areas. Plenty of photo ops and after he's gone, the people will continue to suffer. NJ refused help from non-union licensed crews who came within hrs of the storm abating to help fellow Americans but were denied entrance because they were non-unionized journeymen. The ridiculousness continues...
Ron Paul deserves to retire in peace he fought with conviction and purpose, integrity something so lacking in society and especially in Congress. How very sad for him to see his warnings coming true so fast, his heart must bleed for his grandchildren...
==========
Ron Paul is a little late. His heart should have been bleeding big time in 2000 and 2004 and we would not have the problems we have today, and wouldn't have a minority of the nation expecting miracles from a black man to fix it all in a few years. It's like expecting President Obama to tell how many bubbles are in a bar of soap. Not possible.
OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34187 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Ron Paul is a little late. His heart should have been bleeding big time in 2000 and 2004 and we would not have the problems we have today, and wouldn't have a minority of the nation expecting miracles from a black man to fix it all in a few years. It's like expecting President Obama to tell how many bubbles are in a bar of soap. Not possible.
You FAILED to read the post. It clearly stated since 1976, long before 2000 or 2004.
OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34188 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
A black man? How curious, isn't President Obama a result of a white woman and a black man's union? So he is just as much WHITE and he is BLACK. Is that not correct?

Why do you continue to refer to him as a black man? Why give him a label or distinction on that level? Is that how you see him?

Location hidden

#34189 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Exacto! Will never forget when I came back to Oklahoma from california and was trying to bring a little progress and a better way of lift to the little community I grew up in, but was constantly met with unreasonable, illogical opposition.
I asked my brother who had dealt with these people all his life what could I do to reach them? He said, "shoot them", and he went on to something else. That puzzled me because my brother is a highly educated and accomplished person.
Sometime later I began to understand what he meant; "They aren't changing". Change if it comes, will be very slow and take many generations. These people take great pride in their ignorance and backwardness and love to display it.
The dumbing down of America is on purpose. It's easier to control dumb people than educated people. Even the dumbest of the dumb will question obvious wrong if they have some education. This nation continues to lower education levels. If the Bible Belt was on the bottom in education from the start (and they were) then it only stands to reason that they will continue to lead the charge into their own demise. It is what it is. Hicks. Tamara doesn't get it. She may be a salt of the earth type and I suspect she is, but she takes everything personal, refuses to see the forest for the trees and in doing so becomes an enabler of the demise.
OnlyInAmerica

United States

#34190 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
You missed the point.
The COUNTRY is worthy of strong criticism and despite it's many shortcomings you are not willing to to acknowledge and condemn them.
In other words you are not willing to take the first step toward making the COUNTRY better, that is recognizing and acknowledging the shortcomings and their uniqueness to AMERICA. You are an enabler.
READ AND COMPREHEND, I changed three words to your previous post. I hope your educated brother and you have prepared if not what good was your education, your intellect, if you can't "weather" the storm coming you way?

Location hidden

#34191 Nov 15, 2012
OnlyInAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>
You FAILED to read the post. It clearly stated since 1976, long before 2000 or 2004.
==========
Nothing was so damaging as the elections of 2000 and 2004. During that time the national debt mre than doubled and the Constitution had the biggest assault on it. Rights denied that may never come back.

The GOP Congress passed a Spending Measure in lieu of Budget in an attempt to cover-up the damage. But will have to say Bush did not want it. He wanted to show the actual debt in a budget and was not interesting in making his debt look like it was Obama's. The Republicans would not hear of it. They were right, Most folks bought into the deception, but it was not enough for GOP to win 2012. Not as many fools as they thoght.

Location hidden

#34192 Nov 15, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Nothing was so damaging as the elections of 2000 and 2004. During that time the national debt mre than doubled and the Constitution had the biggest assault on it. Rights denied that may never come back.
The GOP Congress passed a Spending Measure in lieu of Budget in an attempt to cover-up the damage. But will have to say Bush did not want it. He wanted to show the actual debt in a budget and was not interesting in making his debt look like it was Obama's. The Republicans would not hear of it. They were right, Most folks bought into the deception, but it was not enough for GOP to win 2012. Not as many fools as they thoght.
While every administration since Truman has raided social security funds, nobody ever raided them like Bush II did. One year he claimed the deficit was 1.7 trillion dollars when in fact he got 800 billion from social security. IN ONE YEAR. His actual deficit was 2.4 trillion. And never took less than 400 billion. Every single year for 8 years. For the right wing to talk about spending after Bush II is like a skunk accusing a mouse of stinking up the place.

Location hidden

#34193 Nov 15, 2012
OnlyInAmerica wrote:
<quoted text>
READ AND COMPREHEND, I changed three words to your previous post. I hope your educated brother and you have prepared if not what good was your education, your intellect, if you can't "weather" the storm coming you way?
==========
It's never been about me weathering a storm, nor fantasizing about one coming.

If I knew a storm is coming, like you do, I would get a tent and put a rag around my head and tell fortunes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homeowner Speaks Out After Fatal Shooting In SW... 10 hr tonybo 1
Missing Eufaula family - KFOR (Dec '09) 11 hr Newguy22 4,766
Needing child custody attorney 16 hr Needing help 1
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 17 hr KingCandy405 270
Go like my Facebook page, Barwave Sat Barwave 1
anti-american business: public beware (May '13) Sat Arky 235
Karen L. Janbaz, Anti-Law Enforcement Race Baiter Sat kat 10
Yukon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web