Trying to beat train in Yukon yields ...

Trying to beat train in Yukon yields fines [1 hr ago]

There are 5 comments on the NewsOK.com story from May 15, 2008, titled Trying to beat train in Yukon yields fines [1 hr ago]. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

“It happens every day, every trip.”

' The driver of a day care van with children aboard was one of nine people ticketed during a railroad crossing safety operation, officials said Wednesday. via NewsOK.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Donna

Blanchard, OK

#1 May 16, 2008
I hope the driver of this van is facing a very hefty fine and will be barred from ever working in a day care again! Years ago this would have been the action taken - don't know about today.
Yukon

El Reno, OK

#2 May 26, 2008
This crossing has had several wrecks before, What was she thinking? I guess getting somewhere is more important then the lives of all the children you entrusted to her. If she would do this God only knows what else she would do. DHS will only warn her until next time. She should not be allowed to care for children let alone drive them anywhere. Any one else out there care? Was she caring for your child?call DHS and let them know!
ashley

El Reno, OK

#3 May 26, 2008
I know who she is she has done this kind of thing for years. Her Name was in the news paper (Gwen Gambill) I agree she should not be allowed to continue caring for children. I work for a daycare we have to stop at all rail crossings just like school buses regardless if a train is coming.
Yukon Mom

Waynoka, OK

#4 Jan 5, 2009
She was caring for my child and still is. My child is 11 and gave me a good description of what happened that day. Ms. Gambill did stop before crossing the tracks. The crossing has had several wrecks because it is a bad intersection. Since the incident, the city has moved the white line back because even if you stopped at it before crossing, you couldn't see the flashing lights. It is also difficult to hear the bells when the windows of the car are rolled up (yes, I checked). Ashley, how is it you would possibly know what Gwen has done for years? Did you work for her? Did you stalk her? We should all remember that most of the news stories we hear are sensationalized and sometimes just plain wrong. I have the utmost confidence that Ms. Gwen Gambill takes great care of my child. Certainly better than the establishment that she went to before Ms. Gambill's. The previous daycare provider used to leave the kids in the house and go out to the belt behind her back fence and mow (or leave them in the daycare area and go in her bathroom and fix her hair). Thankfully my daughter was old enough to be left alone in the house for a short time. I'm not sure how the parents of the younger one's would have felt if they knew. I could go on and on, but won't. If you're not involved and don't know exactly what happened, you should keep your opinions to yourself. How would you feel if the tables were turned and someone was trashing you?
Jerk

South Jordan, UT

#5 Jan 7, 2009
Seems Yukon Mom is a stalker as well.

She states that Ms. Gambill did stop before crossing the tracks.

I wonder how she knew that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angel Tschetter is Fat Now 11 hr Eric Cartman 22
Kimberly Lavonne Cox: Stuck Up Sat Gilbert Johnson 12
Mallory Shelton Sat Jamie Dundee 3
News Oklahoma City ranks top of 10 most affordable m... Fri Geoffrey 3
News Many Oklahoma zip codes listed as high risk for... Fri Ken 2
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Jul 22 Yelpme 501
Sarah Marie Garrett Jul 20 Justine Marie 10

Yukon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance