'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1285 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you are calling billions of people delusional? Ha........need I say more?
Yes.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1287 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
sorry.......you come at this from the perspective that billions of people are delusional. That shows me how arrogant and crazy you really are. I can no longer take anything you say serious
Lol..okie dokie then

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1288 Aug 25, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
im not talking to you im talking to iseeyou.
I became a Christian because I knew there had to be a God and that there was a purpose in life.
Do you see the word "Reply" in the little blue lettered strip above the postings? If you do, touch your mouse pointer/cursor to the word "Reply", and click on it.
Doing that will eliminate the need to clarify who your postings were intended for. As it is, you are posting to the entire thread, and we all are not interested in your every thought, but if it's meant for us, we might care to respond. Now, we must read your every word to discover, if it's meant for us or not. Many of us, might find it, not worth the effort, and you may lose your chance to have your words read, by the one you meant them for.

Interacting with us, in a "less than ignorant manner" is no more a sin than your breathing is.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1289 Aug 25, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Do you see the word "Reply" in the little blue lettered strip above the postings? If you do, touch your mouse pointer/cursor to the word "Reply", and click on it.
Doing that will eliminate the need to clarify who your postings were intended for. As it is, you are posting to the entire thread, and we all are not interested in your every thought, but if it's meant for us, we might care to respond. Now, we must read your every word to discover, if it's meant for us or not. Many of us, might find it, not worth the effort, and you may lose your chance to have your words read, by the one you meant them for.
Interacting with us, in a "less than ignorant manner" is no more a sin than your breathing is.
They do not have common courtesy, which seems to be a trend for some...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1290 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
terry thanks for helping me make my point. Billions of galaxies, billions of stars, etc. We are not an accident........the odds against us popping up on a planet? You have great faith in atheism.........too bad its totally wasted.
You had a point?? Who knew...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1291 Aug 26, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You got all that from what Terry posted, and you think I'm crazy?*eyebrow raise
And you are repeating yourself again.
It has never mattered to the fundie-godbot if their claimed "evidence" actually supports their view or not. It's never about the statement... it's about how they 'interpret' it.

Yeah... it's batshit crazy, but it gives them something to do
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1292 Aug 26, 2013
you atheists are one close minded group of people. Its hard to believe you have let yourselves get to this point. I guess thats what most people think about cult members though. We feel sorry for them.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1293 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you atheists are one close minded group of people. Its hard to believe you have let yourselves get to this point. I guess thats what most people think about cult members though. We feel sorry for them.
By 'close minded' you mean not willing to accept something as fact that has no evidence to support it in the first place??

Or do you mean 'open minded'(like you claim to be) that accepts something as fact based on zero evidence while rejecting everything you see as not supporting that thing you have 'faith' is true?

Do you still wonder why you get nothing but ridicule when you post?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1294 Aug 26, 2013
lets see..........you wanna show me where the evidence is that the universe started by total chance and sprang into existence out of thin air? Oh wait..there wasn't even any air so how did things just appear without any help? I'll be waiting for your "evidence"

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1295 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lets see..........you wanna show me where the evidence is that the universe started by total chance and sprang into existence out of thin air? Oh wait..there wasn't even any air so how did things just appear without any help? I'll be waiting for your "evidence"
I would suggest that you need to show that you actually have even the slightest of clues about what you are arguing against. To this point, you have failed miserably... unless your goal was to display pure ignorance of the subject... In THAT you shine brightly
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1296 Aug 26, 2013
I'm still waiting......show me your evidence of how the universe began...how matter began...how ANYTHING began. Don't give me your big bang nonsense either because that doesn't answer the question. Did the evolution fairy wave her magic wand? How did the fairy exist in the first place? I'm waiting....

Since: Aug 13

Garland, TX

#1297 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
did I say I was ever a nonbeliever? I think its just common sense that there is a God. I'm pretty sure every man knows this but some refuse to accept it. Probably has a lot to do with arrogance and pride. They refuse to humble themselves.
Thats what I see a lot of on here. Atheists make up a very small percentage of the population yet somehow they think they know better. There are probably more people that believe in aliens than there are atheists.
Anti because you have never answered my question as to why you became a Christian I am just going by what you have posted here. In 5 or 6 of you have pointed out that billions of people are Christians, therefore if anyone goes against their way of thinking they are wrong.

I see this as a recurring theme in your argument for the existence of a god and I just don't see how this is a rational argument.

Everyone is doing it? I cant help be reminded of the old saying " if all your friends jumped off a bridge would you do it too?

I do not mean this derogatory in any way please don't take it that way. I am merely trying to understand your rationalization as to the existence of a god.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1298 Aug 26, 2013
well angel you apparently aren't paying attention because I already answered your question. Go back and read.

My point is when a vast majority of the worlds population believes in God and only a small minority doesn't then I would tend to go with the majority. For example, if 90% of people doesn't believe in aliens and 10% do then I think its logical to believe the 90%. At some point atheists should look in the mirror and wonder why there are so few of you. Its not because you are a new phenomena because nonbelievers have been around since the beginning of time. Its because most people look around them and understand there must have been a creator. Its common sense to most people but atheist pride themselves on being different and most are very arrogant. Thats the main reason why people find atheists obnoxious.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1299 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well angel you apparently aren't paying attention because I already answered your question. Go back and read.
My point is when a vast majority of the worlds population believes in God and only a small minority doesn't then I would tend to go with the majority. For example, if 90% of people doesn't believe in aliens and 10% do then I think its logical to believe the 90%. At some point atheists should look in the mirror and wonder why there are so few of you. Its not because you are a new phenomena because nonbelievers have been around since the beginning of time. Its because most people look around them and understand there must have been a creator. Its common sense to most people but atheist pride themselves on being different and most are very arrogant. Thats the main reason why people find atheists obnoxious.
Argument from popularity is not an argument.

We've proved that many times-- and here's yet another:

Not that long ago? Everyone just **knew** that seizures were caused by magical spirits or evil daemons.

Now, we know better-- but there are **still** idiots who think that it's magical but invisible beasts of some kind...!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1300 Aug 26, 2013
bob didn't I tell you to let the sane adults talk. Quit wasting your time and go study for that GED.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1301 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lets see..........you wanna show me where the evidence is that the universe started by total chance and sprang into existence out of thin air? Oh wait..there wasn't even any air so how did things just appear without any help? I'll be waiting for your "evidence"
Honey...what you always skip over is that your "god" supposed to have done the same thing by waving his hand, or blinking, or however he supposedly did it. It's not claimed by science to have happened the way you say, but it is claimed by christianity that way.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1302 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well angel you apparently aren't paying attention because I already answered your question. Go back and read.

My point is when a vast majority of the worlds population believes in God and only a small minority doesn't then I would tend to go with the majority. For example, if 90% of people doesn't believe in aliens and 10% do then I think its logical to believe the 90%. At some point atheists should look in the mirror and wonder why there are so few of you. Its not because you are a new phenomena because nonbelievers have been around since the beginning of time. Its because most people look around them and understand there must have been a creator. Its common sense to most people but atheist pride themselves on being different and most are very arrogant. Thats the main reason why people find atheists obnoxious.
No one should base their opinions or beliefs on what the majority believe. You should only be true to yourself.

Since: Aug 13

Garland, TX

#1303 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well angel you apparently aren't paying attention because I already answered your question. Go back and read.
My point is when a vast majority of the worlds population believes in God and only a small minority doesn't then I would tend to go with the majority. For example, if 90% of people doesn't believe in aliens and 10% do then I think its logical to believe the 90%. At some point atheists should look in the mirror and wonder why there are so few of you. Its not because you are a new phenomena because nonbelievers have been around since the beginning of time. Its because most people look around them and understand there must have been a creator. Its common sense to most people but atheist pride themselves on being different and most are very arrogant. Thats the main reason why people find atheists obnoxious.
Aren't you just going with the flow and not thinking for yourself?

What if 50% of the population were atheists and 50% were religious?
How would you pick a side?

Justin Bieber sells millions of albums, does this mean that it is really good music and everyone should listen to Justin Bieber?

By the way are you a Justin Bieber fan?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1304 Aug 26, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
bob didn't I tell you to let the sane adults talk. Quit wasting your time and go study for that GED.
Hate speech noted.

As is your admission of defeat-- you cannot counter my points.

So you resort to ugliness instead.

A commodity you have without limits.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1305 Aug 26, 2013
50% aren't atheist and never will be so your point is ridiculous. I guess my real question is do people that are in a cult actually know they are in a cult? Evidently not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just moved back,party scene gone? 10 hr Matt Metheny 31
Brittany Shae Mixon 10 hr Hockey Sucks 10
Debate: Marijuana - Oklahoma City, OK (Aug '10) 11 hr R D Murphy 2,382
News Man found in burning vehicle identified Thu Awesome 2
News OKC Man Arrested For Firing Shots At House, Veh... Aug 27 sassy 1
Review: Daromel Mechanical Aug 27 G Stanz 4
can you still buy herbal incense in oklahoma ci... (Nov '13) Aug 27 Loren 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yukon Mortgages