'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3827 Dec 9, 2013
renea I'm not going to refute every single made up thing that you come up with. Do your research......I'm done doing it for you.
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3828 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I believe I just refuted two lies that atheists love to tell. Now its your turn.........show some proof for your belief system and how hydrogen was created, how helium was created, atoms, etc. You think these things just didn't appear so I assume you have some reason for believing this. I'm waiting to hear how these things appeared without creation
That is patently false.

You do know that we read and understand English and most of us are native speakers so there is nothing lost in translation.

So your Sermon on Mount Topix needs some further re-writes.

Good luck with that.
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3829 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
renea I'm not going to refute every single made up thing that you come up with. Do your research......I'm done doing it for you.
Oh, even the Bible, Genesis 6. You know the Angels loving a woman's angles?

I believe Time magazine referred to that in a cover of the mag with the bight bold headlines:

The Cracked Rock of Religion

Do your own research...simply means that your unable to answer it. I already know the answer. Obviously you don't.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#3830 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I believe I just refuted two lies that atheists love to tell. Now its your turn.........show some proof for your belief system and how hydrogen was created, how helium was created, atoms, etc. You think these things just didn't appear so I assume you have some reason for believing this. I'm waiting to hear how these things appeared without creation
Here is an article that might help you. It explains how the Helium was formed.

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2013/...

I know that after you read this you will say " but what happened before that?" "What happened before the Big bang?"

let me go ahead and respond because i know the answer you want.Several theories exist but none have been definitively proven.We can look at the universe and see that is expanding and cooling at a measurable rate. therefore we can deduct that at one time the entire universe was very hot and contained in a very small area. What happened before that is a question left up to an astrophysicist but personally feel with every fiber of my being that it wasnt magic.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3831 Dec 9, 2013
renea you are in the right topix I'll say that. You fit right in perfectly with these crazies.

Well at least you finally admitted to it Angel. I'll give you credit for that I guess. In the beginning something was created. Not by magic but by God. Maybe one day you will accept it before you die. I would seriously be thinking about my eternity if I were you.

Dallas, TX

#3832 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
renea you are in the right topix I'll say that. You fit right in perfectly with these crazies.
Well at least you finally admitted to it Angel. I'll give you credit for that I guess. In the beginning something was created. Not by magic but by God. Maybe one day you will accept it before you die. I would seriously be thinking about my eternity if I were you.
Will you answer a question for me now?
Thinking

Merthyr Tydfil, UK

#3833 Dec 9, 2013
I've little interest in your eternity.
antiatheist wrote:
I would seriously be thinking about my eternity if I were you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3834 Dec 9, 2013
ha.......well you may have little interest but that doesn't change the fact that you will have one. Where you spend it is totally up to you.
Renea

Oklahoma City, OK

#3835 Dec 9, 2013
anti atheist wrote:
There not crazy anymore than you are.

It's just that the faith feel the need not to witness but to legislate your religion.

The more religion is brought forth in the political arena the least meaning it has, the more it is questioned.

Your supposed to bring the good news!

Not hit us over the head with it.

Do you really want it on the same par as the Divide between the Republicans and it's sects and the Democrats and it's sects.

If there was a God as powerful that made the whole universe, well, he certainly he was having a bad day when he inspired the Bible.

He would have have left it to men to first tell the stories for hundreds of year and then write it down and let men choose the most popular to go in the book and let hundreds of year for the editing. Then to decipher it in the myriad of language. That's like looking at a bible Wikipedia.

The contradictions alone...

But you name alone is poor witnessing, it alienates.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3836 Dec 9, 2013
renea quit rambling because you make absolutely no sense.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3837 Dec 9, 2013
Zoe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a rock expert? I guess may be right considering how hard headed you are. Mind like a steel trap...nothing gets in or out!
Actually? 17 years experience with rocks, as a matter of fact.

And you, obviously, would lose a contest of wits with a rock.

Sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3838 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angel I love how you completely dodged the question and started on your usual attack of God. Christians believe God created everything. Atheists say they don't believe things popped into existence yet its obvious things don't just create themselves. You have no answer for this huge problem with your belief system. Again, where did all this hydrogen and helium come from? Good question huh?
In Quantum Mechanics? We see events **without** any cause happen pretty much constantly.

Thus?

There is no need of a creator--because there was no creation.

I know this is more than you can comprehend, what with your total rejection of all things science.

But that is okay; we understand you prefer pretending (faith) to reality.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3839 Dec 9, 2013
Renea wrote:
You know in the Bible it stated that in the beginning there was nothing. Then it say 'let there be light.'
I wonder what God was looking at.
And all those references in the Bible that talks about 'the four corners of the earth.'
Guess men wrote the Bible the earth was still flat.
I always thought that they were really dumb since you only have to look up at the moon and see that it was round. It seems like that would make someone stop and think.
It does make people stop and think.

However, anyone who relies on *faith* has already quit thinking long, long ago.

Faith is the opposite of thinking, actually.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3840 Dec 9, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
renea try doing a little research before you post. "Four corners" did not necessarily mean that they were referring to actual corners. In Hebrew it means "extrimities" and in Greek it is translated as "divisions". Atheists love to take certain scriptures and turn them into something they are not. Just shows how really lazy most of them are. They are more concerned with misrepresenting the bible than they are the truth.
False. If you read the whole description of the square-flat earth in the silly bible?

Not only did they mean it literally? They went on to describe the 4 pillars which supposedly held up the 4-square earth, and the sky-dome that went above that.

Including the holes the sky-dome had, to let the rain through.

In short?

Your very silly buybull was written by people too stupid to recognize a spherical earth even when there was evidence pointing to it.

Just the earth's shadow on the moon should have been sufficient... but they were too ignorant to see even that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3841 Dec 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False. If you read the whole description of the square-flat earth in the silly bible?
Not only did they mean it literally? They went on to describe the 4 pillars which supposedly held up the 4-square earth, and the sky-dome that went above that.
Including the holes the sky-dome had, to let the rain through.
In short?
Your very silly buybull was written by people too stupid to recognize a spherical earth even when there was evidence pointing to it.
Just the earth's shadow on the moon should have been sufficient... but they were too ignorant to see even that.
I've read about archaeologists who have found shrines and statues of Asherah, Gods concubine, the early Israelites worshipped, which are now in museums. Asherah's symbols are the tree and the snake representing fertility and healing. The bible is an incomplete, twisted and opinionated translations passed down by generations of oral stories, that were finally written down. The Genesis story is an example of a borrowed story from a far much older stories, one being, "The Story of Gilgamesh", which is in cuneiform. Pretty interesting reading.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3842 Dec 10, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read about archaeologists who have found shrines and statues of Asherah, Gods concubine, the early Israelites worshipped, which are now in museums. Asherah's symbols are the tree and the snake representing fertility and healing. The bible is an incomplete, twisted and opinionated translations passed down by generations of oral stories, that were finally written down. The Genesis story is an example of a borrowed story from a far much older stories, one being, "The Story of Gilgamesh", which is in cuneiform. Pretty interesting reading.
I'm a little familiar with Gilgamesh, yes.

What I find more compelling, though, is the idea that nothing in the bible pre-dates roughly 500BCE. It was put together when the isralites were in Babylon, by their priest-class, and deliberately written to seem much older than it actually is.

Made more compelling by the fact that the bible gets so many things wrong, historically.

For example, the exodus story: supposedly the isralites ran out of Egypt to the eastern shores of the Mediterranean.

The problem with that? During the alleged time-frame, Egypt controlled all of that land too. So they would not have "escaped" as it were.

There's other mistakes as well.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#3843 Dec 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find more compelling, though, is the idea that nothing in the bible pre-dates roughly 500BCE. It was put together when the isralites were in Babylon, by their priest-class, and deliberately written to seem much older than it actually is.
That's not true. Everyone knows that the Sacred Holy
Bible was written in real time as it occurred. Moses
wrote the first 5 books, so he as present at creation.

Most of the small stuff, like what was lunch the first
day was edited out over the years. But the eyewitness
facts are all recorded. It says so, it has to be true.

Shun those that ever read anything else. KJV preferred.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3844 Dec 10, 2013
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. Everyone knows that the Sacred Holy
Bible was written in real time as it occurred. Moses
wrote the first 5 books, so he as present at creation.
Most of the small stuff, like what was lunch the first
day was edited out over the years. But the eyewitness
facts are all recorded. It says so, it has to be true.
Shun those that ever read anything else. KJV preferred.
Just because the book says it's true doesn't mean it is. The archaeological evidence carries weight and not what some ghost writer wrote.

Dallas, TX

#3845 Dec 10, 2013
I have started caring cans of soup in my vehicle to give out to homeless people when I’m stopped at a stoplight. Two spots I pass on my daily commute have a lot of people with signs asking for help. Gave some to a lady yesterday and she was very grateful. To me that is much more enjoyable than spending the holiday season fighting over TVs and X-boxs at wal-mart which is the way a lot of religious folks "celebrate" I have also been giving away shoes and a couple jackets.I do this not in the name of any deity but because its the right thing to do!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3846 Dec 10, 2013
lets all give angel a big hand. Actually Angel the bible says when you do these types of things you shouldn't announce it. Looks very self serving

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oklahoma Ranks In Top 10 Of States With The Wor... 12 hr Watchdog 3
News Oklahoma Turnpike Authority delays toll increase 12 hr Watchdog 1
Kimberly Lavonne Cox: Stuck UP 21 hr Nadine 9
Angel Tscheter is Fat now!! Aug 22 Cotton Eye Joe 24
Sarah Marie Garrett Aug 21 Justine Marie 16
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Aug 21 trade_on 555
Brittany Shae Mixon Aug 21 Cameron 26

Yukon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance