'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#3075 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha freedom? I certainly don't feel "chained" by God. God actually enhances my life greatly. Actually, its you guys that seem angry all the time.

On the trans fossil thing, your "all fossils are transitional" is simply a case of you dodging the real problem. We both know there should be millions of transitional fossils and there aren't.
There is no problem, and actually if you did your research on fossils like I continually ask you to do, you would know why there aren't the million that you are looking for. However, that being said you stand at ignoring the information that's provided to you so this conversation is void of any small chance in agreement don't you think??? So why are you stuck on it???

Location hidden

#3076 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ahhh another atheist insult. A serious question, why are atheists so angry? You claim to be so free of religious constraints yet you are some of the most unhappy people I've ever seen.
We are not angry, but it personally makes me confused an frustrated when you continually say this even though you are continually told that we are not. Serious question...why do you not read and retain what is written to you?

Location hidden

#3077 Oct 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists believe in NOTHING and are defensive about it.
Go figure
Again....read and retain the information. We respond to your posts. However, when insults are flung then it will be coming from both sides....I do believe a little someone named LCNin gets a little defensive his/her-self ;-)
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3078 Oct 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists believe in NOTHING and are defensive about it.
Go figure
Whereas you believe people walked with dinosaurs and are bad because of a talking snake, and you revel in your delusions like a pig wallowing in filth.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3079 Oct 29, 2013
lol just go back and look at all the posts from atheists on this forum. Most seem very angry towards Christians in particular. Again, why are you guys so angry all the time?
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3081 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lol just go back and look at all the posts from atheists on this forum. Most seem very angry towards Christians in particular. Again, why are you guys so angry all the time?
I'm not angry, I'm annoyed. Google those words to see the difference. I already figured out your reading comp skills are below average and I'll not explain it to you.

The only time most Atheists respond aggresssively toward a christian is when the christian keeps yapping like an annoying little dog. chirstians bring most confrontations on themselves by trying to shove religion down the throats of Atheists.

Stop trying to erase the line between church and state and it would be a good start to ending the hard feelings between the two. But, christians can't do that. If you belive in god, then by god, everyone will believe in god! Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

I will continue to fight aaginst prayer in school and placing the 10 Commandments (eyeroll) on government and school property.

Get a third grader to read this and explain it all to you before you answer and maybe you won't sound so uneducated. Another thought, get him to compose your reply.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#3082 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Again, why are you guys so angry all the time?
You've done nothing but this since you got here to Topix, which is to taunt people and try to get them riled up and angry.

You clearly are incapable of intelligent discussion (see your nonsense statements about science and evolution).

Care to show us where in the NT Jesus teaches his followers to behave like this?

Because you KNOW I can post Jesus quotes commanding you to behave quite differently, don't you?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3083 Oct 29, 2013
wow you guys are angry and annoyed by Christians lol I thought you believed you had been liberated from religion and now much happier. Obviously you aren't. Its pretty funny actually
Bud

United States

#3085 Oct 29, 2013
Enjoying others annoyance or discomfort isn't a very 'Christian' emotion. Better rethink where it's coming from...

Doesn't the good book say: "you will know them by what they do".
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3086 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
wow you guys are angry and annoyed by Christians lol I thought you believed you had been liberated from religion and now much happier. Obviously you aren't. Its pretty funny actually
We've been liberated from the idea of god, but not, unfortunately, from his fan club. You will notice that atheists rarely post in christian forums, but that the atheist forums are perpetually full of theists, mostly, but not all christians, proselytizing, threatening us with hell, posting young earth creationist nonsense, and generally behaving badly.Why is that?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3087 Oct 29, 2013
you think I have been proselytizing? Not hardly. You are soooooo annoyed at anyone, particularly Christians, that believe in God. Why does that bother you? I don't get it.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3088 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you think I have been proselytizing? Not hardly. You are soooooo annoyed at anyone, particularly Christians, that believe in God. Why does that bother you? I don't get it.
I don't care if you dance naked around the maypole smeared in chicken blood. Just don't insist on pushing your superstitions off on others. Remember, you sought us out, we certainly didn't recruit you to post here.
Jason

United States

#3089 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Anti, do you think your time spent here has a positive constructive effect or does it have a negative effect on people you should be setting a proper Christian example to?

Your behavior in totality is a net negative. Is it your intent to turn people off?

Location hidden

#3090 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Lol...I've seen it. Most are very irritated with the "christians" (if that's what you want to call yourselves) on this forum. Not because you are christian, but because you are a jerk ;-). When you have to repeat yourself a thousand times, just as I'm doing right now, it's hard to keep it calm darlin. I've offered to speak about different topics with you, only to have you turn them away...if you are so concerned with not speaking about religion, why do you shy away from regular conversation??
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3091 Oct 29, 2013
I couldn't care less about this stupid msg board. I'm talking about real life. You guys are so annoyed by Christians. You hate the fact that we celebrate the birth of Jesus, the resurrection, the 10 commandments, etc. Atheists are always whining about those things and often come off as being angry about it. Why? I never see any Christians that are just really angry at atheists. We merely blow you off for what you are which is a fringe group of people.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3092 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I couldn't care less about this stupid msg board. I'm talking about real life. You guys are so annoyed by Christians. You hate the fact that we celebrate the birth of Jesus, the resurrection, the 10 commandments, etc. Atheists are always whining about those things and often come off as being angry about it. Why? I never see any Christians that are just really angry at atheists. We merely blow you off for what you are which is a fringe group of people.
No, we are not annoyed by christians celebrating christmas, the resurrection, etc. We are annoyed when you insist on spending public money or using public property to do so.

We don't care if you oppose contraception, abortion or gay marriage, but we are annoyed when you use your beliefs as the justification for laws restricting non-believer's rights.

We don't care if you believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and deny evolution. We do get annoyed when you try to force your beliefs into science textbooks.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#3093 Oct 29, 2013
our beliefs into textbooks? Ha you must be kidding. I never once read anything in any textbook about God or creation. Its YOU that want YOUR beliefs into textbooks. I swear I've never heard any group of people cry so much in my life. You want 90% of the population to bend over backwards for 10%.

Location hidden

#3094 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
Well then quit whining about the people on this msg board lol... "I" don't "hate" christians, online or offline. I do disagree with religious people who want religion in government affairs (which in America) tends to be people of the Christian faith. I also don't agree with discrimination in public services from religious people and that is because the entirety of the public do not hold the same religious beliefs. As I've said before...if you see anger from someone religious or non it's because they are passionate about what they believe. This should not be surprising to you or unusual for that matter. The anger that you see is usually from having to repeat themselves over an over after giving their input or opinion and information that they have on the subject and getting the same response and questions asked, every single time only to have to repeat themselves again. This comes from both sides of the fence, not just one.

Location hidden

#3095 Oct 29, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>No, we are not annoyed by christians celebrating christmas, the resurrection, etc. We are annoyed when you insist on spending public money or using public property to do so.

We don't care if you oppose contraception, abortion or gay marriage, but we are annoyed when you use your beliefs as the justification for laws restricting non-believer's rights.

We don't care if you believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and deny evolution. We do get annoyed when you try to force your beliefs into science textbooks.
Exactly
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#3096 Oct 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
our beliefs into textbooks? Ha you must be kidding. I never once read anything in any textbook about God or creation. Its YOU that want YOUR beliefs into textbooks. I swear I've never heard any group of people cry so much in my life. You want 90% of the population to bend over backwards for 10%.
Seriously, do you not read ANYTHING, but the bible. Evolution has been in text books for well over a hundred years. Crybabies like you in Texas are trying to force the school system to buy new textbooks that don't say anything about evolution. They want it dropped in favor of teaching the creationist theory.

You don't see Atheists trying to force the school system to make Darwin's books mandatory reading. It's the religious zealots who want the world to convert to their way of thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man found in burning vehicle identified Thu Awesome 2
News OKC Man Arrested For Firing Shots At House, Veh... Thu sassy 1
Brittany Shae Mixon Thu WTF 9
Review: Daromel Mechanical Thu G Stanz 4
can you still buy herbal incense in oklahoma ci... (Nov '13) Thu Loren 13
Do men wear women's panties (Jan '12) Aug 24 hung 6822 85
Mark spent 2 much Republican time / insufficien... Aug 23 Midnight Rambler 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yukon Mortgages