Victim

Independence, IA

#1 Aug 11, 2012
Stephanie (Christie) Brumit borrowed my truck and never returned it (2007 Chevy Colorado extended cab). She has had it for over a month. Beware of her! She took the truck and is hiding. BEWARE! If you have any knowledge of her whereabouts, please respond! She has a lengthy history of vehicle theft and forgery.
mel
#3 Aug 17, 2012
Still hoping someone finds my maroon truck and either posts on here or contacts the Benton Co Iowa sheriff's office. Thanks.
now why

AOL

#4 Aug 17, 2012
Victim wrote:
Stephanie (Christie) Brumit borrowed my truck and never returned it (2007 Chevy Colorado extended cab). She has had it for over a month. Beware of her! She took the truck and is hiding. BEWARE! If you have any knowledge of her whereabouts, please respond! She has a lengthy history of vehicle theft and forgery.
Just why would you let her have your so called truck to start with? Did she do tricks for you are date truck raped you?
mel

United States

#5 Aug 18, 2012
now why wrote:
<quoted text>Just why would you let her have your so called truck to start with? Did she do tricks for you are date truck raped you?
I didn't know about her theft and forgery history. I let her borrow my truck so she could get to her college class that day. I haven't seen her or my truck since then.
related

Hiawatha, IA

#6 Sep 26, 2012
She is now in Oklahoma. Changed her name to Stephanie Ashley Ashlock, remarried sometime at the end of august beginning of September to James Leon Ashlock. Info can be found on the Oklahoma state court records site. She is also wanted in Oklahoma and of course skipped out on her bail. She's in running!! Hate to say this but most likely she sold the truck or gave it to someone in order to get rid of the evidence or she has been known to steal plates.
KMeloy

United States

#7 Oct 3, 2012
related wrote:
She is now in Oklahoma. Changed her name to Stephanie Ashley Ashlock, remarried sometime at the end of august beginning of September to James Leon Ashlock. Info can be found on the Oklahoma state court records site. She is also wanted in Oklahoma and of course skipped out on her bail. She's in running!! Hate to say this but most likely she sold the truck or gave it to someone in order to get rid of the evidence or she has been known to steal plates.
thank you so much for the info. Maybe the police can eventually track her down. I will probably never get my truck back.
KMeloy

Independence, IA

#8 Jan 18, 2013
Has anyone heard from or know where Stephanie Christie Brummit Ashlock is? She stole truck, sold it, and now family is getting sued by the buyers. Someone has to know where the thief is. Any information is appreciated.
James Ashlock

Dallas, TX

#9 Jan 28, 2013
KMeloy wrote:
Has anyone heard from or know where Stephanie Christie Brummit Ashlock is? She stole truck, sold it, and now family is getting sued by the buyers. Someone has to know where the thief is. Any information is appreciated.
She is in Oklahoma county jail hot checks.so I'm getting a divorce. Called the detective they said I have to contact iowa police, when I meet her she had a mustang car,I said I would like to trade in my car for a truck. She said I sold my truck on creigslist.she stole my coin collection, ran up my bills that she said she would pay.
scammed

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Feb 1, 2013
She bought some baby stuff from me in OKC. Said she was due in July. Paid with cash and a check, which obviously was hot. Bank said that account was closed. I can tell you she was driving an older red pick-up and had a dog inside.
KMeloy

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2013
scammed wrote:
She bought some baby stuff from me in OKC. Said she was due in July. Paid with cash and a check, which obviously was hot. Bank said that account was closed. I can tell you she was driving an older red pick-up and had a dog inside.
Thanks for the info. That red truck was the one she stole. You should call the number listed in previous post for the detective. He needs to know about the stolen checks. What name was listed on the check? As for her being pregnant, she wasn't/isn't. She is just overweight.
scammed

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Feb 1, 2013
The name listed on the check was Stephanie Ashlock. The address on the check was the same as the address on the drivers license she showed me.
scammed

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Feb 1, 2013
fyi, she met me on Tuesday, Jan. 22
James ashlock

Piedmont, OK

#16 Feb 5, 2013
scammed wrote:
I still have the baby stuff and she will be transfered to iowa as soon as she is done with the 2 cases here. Just contact me at james.ashlock@aol so you can get the baby stuff back.
KMeloy

United States

#17 Feb 18, 2013
Coming to Oklahoma to get the truck back this weekend. If she has any of my other stuff I want it back. Thanks.
monkey

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 May 11, 2013
well did you get your truck back?
KMeloy

United States

#19 May 11, 2013
Its a huge legal mess. She was able to sell it somehow without a valud registration. We are still working out the legalities. Once her sentence is served in oklahoma she will have to go to court on charges in Iowa.
Guess

Dill City, OK

#20 May 12, 2013
That's a mess

Since: Feb 09

Oklahoma City, OK

#21 May 12, 2013
James Ashlock wrote:
<quoted text>
She is in Oklahoma county jail hot checks.so I'm getting a divorce. Called the detective they said I have to contact iowa police, when I meet her she had a mustang car,I said I would like to trade in my car for a truck. She said I sold my truck on creigslist.she stole my coin collection, ran up my bills that she said she would pay.
Looks like 2 active cases. Looks like a writ from Cleveland County and then doesn't show anything after that. Okla County shows a warrant for arrest. Look this up under OSCI and bring up each case. Then click on her name and it will give you the two addresses that they have for her. Looks like perhaps a really old case 1993 quite similar that might be her that was dismissed. I'd check with the D.A. office in both counties to determine if she is or is not in custody. Also, you might need to see if you need to file a formal complaint (if you haven't already done so). Good Luck!
KMeloy

United States

#22 Oct 5, 2013
When does Brumit/Ashlock get out of jail? She still has charges on her in Iowa.
KMeloy

Independence, IA

#23 Feb 3, 2014
The thief died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There are 17 QUEERS and 9 Lesbians in Oklahoma ... 15 hr Nancy Polinski 1
Move from Miami(Florida) to OKC(Oklahoma). Wed Tony Kfdbgs 4
Obama's followers are either COMMUNIST or QUEERS Wed Calling it like I... 41
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Wed Hhhh 193
looking for someone Oct 20 queenslove22 2
we can stop Ebola! Oct 20 barbosa 1
can you still buy herbal incense in oklahoma ci... (Nov '13) Oct 19 derik 9
Yukon Dating
Find my Match

Yukon Jobs