Fugitive caught in Oklahoma City

Full story: KFOR 24
The nationwide search for a wanted fugitive has ended in Oklahoma. He had been able to stay one step ahead of authorities by hitch-hiking his way around. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amy Roberts

Lady Lake, FL

#1 Aug 8, 2010
These are NOT the charges for this man. I am unsure where this station is getting thier information, but according to the HCSO he was wanted for a VOP. NOT involving kidnapping, strangulation or any other heinous crime. As far as the not going back to prison, NOBODY wants to go back to prison, but in Mr. Handleys case it is different, he has MS and will not be able to recieve the proper medical care for his condition while he is in prison. Before rushing to get a story on the news, check your sources of information. Ratings are not as important as accusing someone of hateful actions.
Ane

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Aug 8, 2010
How could you get any information out of this story? It made little sense in the way it was written...
uknown

Lake Placid, FL

#3 Aug 8, 2010
well as for me I think he needs to be there for all things that he has done and yes he don't even need to get out for no reason at all do not his medical condition for a reason not to bet there.
Annonymous

Bartow, FL

#4 Aug 8, 2010
Aggravated battery with a firearm? I'm hoping that is a misprint. There was no firearm or mention of a firearm to the HCSO. Kidnapping was not mentioned either.
Unknown

Sevierville, TN

#5 Aug 8, 2010
Mr. Handley is a man. He knows right from wrong and what situations to be in and what one's not to be in. He has made his choices and now he will have to live with them all. At this point, his friends and family just need to pray that he gets a fair trial in the county and be his support while he goes through it. There are many sides to a story (his/her's/everyone else's and then the truth). There's no need to judge at this point only be there to lift him up.
Annonymous

Bartow, FL

#6 Aug 8, 2010
Unknown wrote:
Mr. Handley is a man. He knows right from wrong and what situations to be in and what one's not to be in. He has made his choices and now he will have to live with them all. At this point, his friends and family just need to pray that he gets a fair trial in the county and be his support while he goes through it. There are many sides to a story (his/her's/everyone else's and then the truth). There's no need to judge at this point only be there to lift him up.
Very well said.
Good ole Boy

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Aug 9, 2010
They can always update story as new facts are known. The main part of the story was correct. He was running form Police, he was caught, he went in peacefully, he was helped and hidden by family members, and one of those family members are now hung out to dry for being as stupid as he was.
Maybe they should have just ran this part of the story and the crybabies would have complained about being to mean to the poor wittle fugitive on the run. If he was man enough to do a crime (any crime) then be man enough to do the time, or get a lawyer and fight it if he was innocent. Running just tells everyone you are not only guilty, but an idiot to boot.

He is just lucky he was in an airport when caught. If he was in the woods camped out and discovered after (suspected) running his mouth he might have made another dumb decision and ended up dead.
Bubba

United States

#8 Aug 10, 2010
Wow....You all act as if you have never sinned or done anything wrong. The fact that you are pointing fingers at him to avoid the truth that God does not judge how big or little a sin is. A sin is a sin. He (just like all of us) have made mistakes in our lives but he was working through them and trying to get back on the right track. You can sit here with your opinions but at the end of the day your speculations don't matter compared to what God has to say. Obviously this is hard enough on his family and you bad mouthing him does not make it any easier for them. It is not our place to decide what punishment he should receive.
Unknown

Sarasota, FL

#9 Aug 10, 2010
Everyone does make mistakes Bubba, but not every man beats women. THAT is this Mr. Handley's true problem. Fortunately for him, he and his family have been able to scare/charm all of Mr. Handley's many women into dropping charges. Yes, God is the judge of all of us. However, by making excuses for a man who hits women, YOU are responsible for giving young girls everywhere the message that abusive relationships are acceptable.
john doe

United States

#10 Aug 10, 2010
Any man that beats on a women deserves to hang!!!! Beat on a man if your a bad ass....
Annonymous

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Amy Roberts wrote:
These are NOT the charges for this man. I am unsure where this station is getting thier information, but according to the HCSO he was wanted for a VOP. NOT involving kidnapping, strangulation or any other heinous crime. As far as the not going back to prison, NOBODY wants to go back to prison, but in Mr. Handleys case it is different, he has MS and will not be able to recieve the proper medical care for his condition while he is in prison. Before rushing to get a story on the news, check your sources of information. Ratings are not as important as accusing someone of hateful actions.
Oh since hcso is so much higher than the us marshalls haha right I'm sure I'll beleive the marshalls on this one.so he has ms so what he shouldve thought bout that before he became a screw up and a waste of air bc his track record speaks for itself oh but wait I'm sure u r going to tell me now that he didn't do any of that stuff either. Whatever yall ppl r ridiculous bc he is a shady piece of shit and got what he deserved!
Treasa Handley

Sebring, FL

#12 Aug 11, 2010
The actual charges according to Highlands County: domestic violence related aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, battery by strangulation, use of a weapon during the commission of a felony..., and simple battery.
disappointed in mom

Midlothian, VA

#13 Aug 15, 2010
Treasa Handley wrote:
The actual charges according to Highlands County: domestic violence related aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, battery by strangulation, use of a weapon during the commission of a felony..., and simple battery.
Maybe a good mom would have been there for the poor kid as he was growing up. When did he start getting in trouble and what did you do about it?
disappointed in mom

Midlothian, VA

#14 Aug 15, 2010
What did you do for him as a a mother? When did he start getting into trouble and what did you do about it Mom? Were you there for him every step of the way?
Treasa Handley

Sebring, FL

#15 Aug 16, 2010
I loved him with all my heart as a mother, I cared for him as a mother, I tried to protect him as a mother. When he started getting in trouble I got him into counseling. He went alone and we went as a family. Part of his problems came from his father never having anything to do with him, but his father's mother always showed him love. When things started getting worse I put him in 3 different juvenile programs trying to change his anger & behavior. But I don't have to justify any of this to you. You have no right to be "disappointed" in me. God will be my judge!!!!!
shawnee taylor lester

Ocala, FL

#16 Aug 31, 2010
this is beyond stupid. you people bash steven like you know him! if hes soo fucking dangerous,please tell me why you didnt have a problem bringing him in? of course hes gonna run its "her word" against his && considering his record. this man is like my brother,i love him & hes never done anything to hurt me or my loved ones.
Elizw09

Gainesville, FL

#17 Aug 31, 2010
Wow, reading these comments make me sick. If any of you people bashing steve knew the true him you would not have anything like this to say. if you talk to him he will admit that he was never perfect and has made a lot of mistakes, but he has made a change in his life trying to do better. he got caught up and vop'ed .. so yeah he said that he wouldnt go alive. this man has so much he deals with its sad, the pain that he has to go thru everyday just dealing with his MS he knows that he dosent have much longer & im sorry but i wouldnt want to slowly die in jail myself. steve is a wonderful person no matter what any of you assholes have to say or what any article says about him. and no have NO right bashing his mom, she did her best raising her children alone and you cannont blame her for someone else's actions. grow up & dont be so judgemental on people that you DONT KNOW!!!!!
shawnee taylor lester

Ocala, FL

#18 Aug 31, 2010
amen liz! i want my bff back! i love you steven!
Hottie27

United States

#19 Aug 31, 2010
When I had relations with this man he was not violent. Plus Florida has no fair trials.
Unknown

Englewood, FL

#20 Sep 3, 2010
He is amazing. Sweet, funny, charming,thoughtful, caring, and a lot of fun. He also has an extremely violent temper which doesn't come out if you're just a random...."having relations" with him or his "bff" ha. His violent side is rarely seen, but when it is it's terrifying. As far as "her word against his". Look at the pictures of her. I don't think she made her own eye black and blue and swollen shut. None of you have any room talking. None of your talk helps him (he can't read it). None of it hurts him (he can't read it). So if you really care about him then stop blowing hot air and just be there for him. If you don't care about him then stop blowing hot air and wasting your time bad mouthing him. The moron from Indiana is someone with a personal issue against his mother and not anyone who knows anything about Steven or the situation. Another person blowing hot air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 2 hr WarForOil 76,140
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr badboycancer 2,721
Members Of OKC Mosque Speak Out Against Alton N... 4 hr George 4
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 5 hr Lyndakiss 158
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) 8 hr Joyce 11,303
bill w ward pd. 18 hr truth will out 2
Woman's Body Found In Dumpster In Oklahoma City (Feb '07) Mon Heartbroke 869

Yukon Jobs

Yukon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Yukon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Yukon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]