Church sign causes political controversy

Full story: KFOR 100
As we gear up for election day, there is controversy stirring involving a sign located outside an Oklahoma church. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Citizen Bob

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Oct 27, 2010
Which Biblical principles were used to found this country? The Democratic and Representative forms of governing are Greek and Roman inventions. Plus, US Law was derived from British Common Law, which in turn was derived from Roman Law as well as the laws of the Germanic and French tribes.

The bottom line is that religious people needs to stop telling everyone else how to vote.
commensense

Norman, OK

#2 Oct 27, 2010
the alternative is our current administration :)
dragon

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Oct 27, 2010
churches should not promote politics
Lyvon

United States

#4 Oct 27, 2010
is Holman trying to say by voting Democrat she is voting against God?
MasonDixon

Tulsa, OK

#5 Oct 27, 2010
hmmm. I dont see "vote Republican" or "vote Democrat" on that marquee any where. I believe they are just wanting people to take stock of what is right and vote accordingly...whether it be one or the other...that is up to the person.
Nina

Edmond, OK

#6 Oct 27, 2010
I guess I am just dense.....but I dont understand how this implies that God wants you to vote republican. I just dont get it......
Heather

Seiling, OK

#7 Oct 27, 2010
I think what it is saying is to pray on your decision, whatever it may be! With any decision, especially major ones you should always consult God on how to decide. If someone is having trouble with the sign then they need to look inward and see why they have a problem with it...is it because they have a problem with God being a part of thier voting decision?
Whatever

Bethany, OK

#8 Oct 27, 2010
It doesn't say anywhere on that board that you can't be a Christian and a Democrat! It doesn't even imply that at all! This lady obviously just wanted attention on the news and wanted to cause a argument over nothing!
okctazmom

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Oct 27, 2010
Seriously? Some sign is telling you that if you vote Democrat it's against God?

I don't think so... God would have us vote according to our beliefs and his commands... he doesn't command Democrat OR Republican. His word tells us to support the laws of our land, and that means vote!

The church is within it's legal rights, and if the sign is gone before election day they have done nothing wrong. If any person is strong in their belief and convictions, no sign is going to make a difference!

“Life Is Great”

Since: Aug 10

blanchard

#10 Oct 27, 2010
Always someone wanting to complain, the only problem I see is the sign needs to be bigger.
Felecia

Bartlesville, OK

#11 Oct 27, 2010
I dont see any thing wrong with the sign and the sign says to me to pray before you vote. I dont see anywhere on the sign the words demacrat or republician. Sounds to me like someones is feeling guilty for something.....
stan

United States

#12 Oct 27, 2010
"Vote His Word For True Change" This statement is so true. If you want true change in your heart and soul, try the word of God. This says nothing about Republican, Deomcrat, Independent, Libertarian, or any other politcal persuation. The person who tries to read more into it than that, is dealing with a higher power. Conviction can be a tough thing to deal with, but it is ultimately for your good.
Mike

Broomfield, CO

#13 Oct 27, 2010
I think people are just too thin skinned. If Holmann is offended because she believes the message is telling her that her vote is against God, then it sounds to me that her conscience is bothering her and she's trying to ignore it. Maybe she should think a bit harder about her decision. Of course if she is still really offended, perhaps she should protest by boycotting voting there. ;)
cracker666

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Oct 27, 2010
Citizen Bob wrote:
Which Biblical principles were used to found this country? The Democratic and Representative forms of governing are Greek and Roman inventions. Plus, US Law was derived from British Common Law, which in turn was derived from Roman Law as well as the laws of the Germanic and French tribes.
The bottom line is that religious people needs to stop telling everyone else how to vote.
Idiots thoughout the "red" states will never figure that one out...but thanks for the reminder!
cracker666

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Oct 27, 2010
Felecia wrote:
I dont see any thing wrong with the sign and the sign says to me to pray before you vote. I dont see anywhere on the sign the words demacrat or republician. Sounds to me like someones is feeling guilty for something.....
No, people are just tired of christian hooligans hijacking their religion.
cracker666

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Oct 27, 2010
okctazmom wrote:
Seriously? Some sign is telling you that if you vote Democrat it's against God?
I don't think so... God would have us vote according to our beliefs and his commands... he doesn't command Democrat OR Republican. His word tells us to support the laws of our land, and that means vote!
The church is within it's legal rights, and if the sign is gone before election day they have done nothing wrong. If any person is strong in their belief and convictions, no sign is going to make a difference!
Yes!!!! The Easter bunny told me there was no Santa Claus!!!!
Only the Easter bunny can stand up to ObamaCare!!
Debbie

Choctaw, OK

#17 Oct 27, 2010
What is offensive or controversial about this sign? It doesn't promote a political party or candidate. All it says is to seek God's word for finding true change!
Just saying

Montgomery, AL

#18 Oct 27, 2010
SOme people have nothing better to do than to cry and whine like baby. If your not smart enough to see what the sign say's then maybe you better stay at home because your not going to be able understand the ballot either. Don't tell us....your husband is gone all the time and your not getting the attention you need?
cracker666

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Oct 27, 2010
commensense wrote:
the alternative is our current administration :)
Yes, I agree.
Get rid of Coburn and Fallin while you can!!!
Marilynne Stout

Edmond, OK

#20 Oct 27, 2010
They are clearly NOT telling anyone how to vote. If it bothers your conscience, then maybe you should re-think your stance on a few things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 13 min naturmamcy 138
Casting out Demons 1 hr steve 6
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 10 hr Tex 75,900
Shante McClain busted for prostitution again in La 13 hr Leroy Patin 1
weird smell 14 hr Me 2
black tar in okc 16 hr ak23okc 2
City Of Bethany.....Corrupt and Unprofessional ... (May '06) Sat Bethany sucks 348
•••
•••
•••

Yukon Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Yukon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Yukon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Yukon