Political issues meet the Bible in local churches

Last week, pastors across the county participated in an event that promoted candidate on the pulpit. Full Story
SHEREE

Mustang, OK

#1 Oct 6, 2008
I think pastors need to be careful what they preach from the pulpit, while at the same time we need to remember that we need to be very concerned and involved in the issues concerning our country today but the law forbidding them to preach for or against a candidate is unconstitutional. It's quite sad and amazing that christians took this laying down - we should have fought it then and should fight it now.
sightunseen

Norman, OK

#2 Oct 6, 2008
As a proud American, I have no desire to copy Iran, the Taliban, Saudi Arabia or any other place where preachers preach politics.
Student of the Bible

Dayton, OH

#3 Feb 19, 2009
Christians and Americans have lost there moral values more so in our time then any other time in American History. The issues like abortion; since the chruch as a whole wont stand and speak out on this subject, I will stand for the Bible. As a Christian you CAN NOT be for abortion or even argue choice for people to chose abortion. Would Jesus have been for the choice of "killing babies". For a people psychologically to be alright with this, they must de-humanize it's value/blessing, not matter what situation. "To destroy you must first discredit." I one generation time we have done this. The falling away is amongst us today, not only dealing with this subject but it is even in our churches. Christians of today are not doing there job. I have full authority in saying these things because of the Bible and its teachings. This will probably be removed but know and understand that I am a college student who is alone in the world and I am witnessing these liberal views in my time, and i realize that when i was in my christian home, i was blinded to even seeing the fallingaway to the extent of was it is. Remember, the Holy Spirit is the one and only teacher of truth that will not lead you astray. Please read your Bibles Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Mon Daevise 290
Oklahomans Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day... Mon Stupid Whitie 3
Too many blacks in OKC (Jan '12) Mon squeezers 183
Gov. Fallin, Others To Be Sworn Into Office Dur... Sun agree 3
So Sally Kern..... Sun agree 2
The end of travis ford Jan 24 Bourne free 3
Hobby Lobby Leaders Wants Bible in Public Schools (May '14) Jan 24 Independent1 141
Yukon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Yukon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:01PM
Should Jerry Now Be Considered a Top-Quality GM?
NFL 6:28 AM
Witten: It's 'silly' to think Murray is easily replaceable
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
Jason Witten: Every back couldn't do what DeMarco Murray did this season
Bleacher Report 9:39 AM
Murray Will Command Up to $10M Per Year
NBC Sports 9:48 AM
Tony Romo: I have to be better