Divorce Detour: help for troubled OK ...

Divorce Detour: help for troubled OK marriages

There are 24 comments on the KFOR story from Nov 16, 2010, titled Divorce Detour: help for troubled OK marriages. In it, KFOR reports that:

Broken is a word to describe too many marriages in Oklahoma. Our state ranks in the top 5 for divorce.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#21 Nov 20, 2010
Citizen Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You've demonstrated what a closed-minded and ignorant, self-pontificating individual you are.
I wonder what would happen if the divorce rate for you "oh so special Christians" were compared to the following, none of which is Christianity in a majority:
Japan
India
Pakistan
Israel
Korea
Laos
and a smattering of African tribes
I bet the numbers are much, much lower. But your excuse for that is those people are "immoral" because they don't subscribe to your impossible to follow and live belief system.
Be careful, because it's a long way to fall from that high horse of yours.
US -#1 (worldwide) in the number of divorces per capita.
Japan, India, Pakistan, Israel, Korea, Laos are all rated lower than 30th place.
"Christians" are among the leaders in hypocrisy.
Perfection Divorce Servic

Sapulpa, OK

#22 Jun 21, 2011
We provide divorce preparation services for low income... All uncontested divorces are prepared for $ 89. Child custody and chils support documents. Call us today 918..608..5135 or visit us at http://perfectiondivorce.com
Kathy

Dallas, TX

#23 Jun 22, 2011
I can't believe you are comparing divorce rates between the US and Pakistan, Israel, etc. Wondering why?? There are very few if any reasons why a divorce is allowed in primarily Muslim countries. In most of the countries you listed, women are treated as if they are lower than pond scum. It's ok to beat, rape or in some instances, kill your wife. Leaving the husband is not a option. And God help you if you are female and attempt to have a brain of your own! I'll take
my bible-thumping, backwoods, hick infested state over that any day.
Phil e wrote:
<quoted text>
US -#1 (worldwide) in the number of divorces per capita.
Japan, India, Pakistan, Israel, Korea, Laos are all rated lower than 30th place.
"Christians" are among the leaders in hypocrisy.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#24 Jun 23, 2011
Kathy wrote:
I can't believe you are comparing divorce rates between the US and Pakistan, Israel, etc. Wondering why?? There are very few if any reasons why a divorce is allowed in primarily Muslim countries. In most of the countries you listed, women are treated as if they are lower than pond scum. It's ok to beat, rape or in some instances, kill your wife. Leaving the husband is not a option. And God help you if you are female and attempt to have a brain of your own! I'll take
my bible-thumping, backwoods, hick infested state over that any day. <quoted text>
I posted it as an addition to Citizen Bob's post showing that among "Christians" divorce rates are much higher than others. And not all those named are Islamic, like Japan, Korea and Israel. Japan is primarily Shinto/Buddhist, Korea is mainly Buddhist and Israel is Jewish. The point being that "Christians" have a far worse divorce rate than most other religions and for good reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yukon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just moved back,party scene gone? 11 hr Matt Metheny 31
Brittany Shae Mixon 11 hr Hockey Sucks 10
Debate: Marijuana - Oklahoma City, OK (Aug '10) 12 hr R D Murphy 2,382
News Man found in burning vehicle identified Thu Awesome 2
News OKC Man Arrested For Firing Shots At House, Veh... Aug 27 sassy 1
Review: Daromel Mechanical Aug 27 G Stanz 4
can you still buy herbal incense in oklahoma ci... (Nov '13) Aug 27 Loren 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yukon Mortgages