Quest for low prices alarms suppliers

Quest for low prices alarms suppliers

There are 6 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Oct 9, 2010, titled Quest for low prices alarms suppliers. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

In the new age of Medicare, Esta Willman would seem like a winner. The small medical supply firm she co-owns with her husband just won two prized contracts to provide oxygen and power wheelchairs to Inland Empire seniors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Boo Hoo

Whittier, CA

#2 Oct 10, 2010
These suppliers are a bunch of ripoff artists. The mark-ups are nothing short of theft. One outfit charged Medicare $ 8,000.00 to rent a bed for 18 months. The bed sells for $ 2,000. and are for sale used for $ 400. Another theft of medicare funds was when they rented my mother a wheelchair for $75. That covered a trip from the 4th floor to the first floor of the hospital! Don't get me started on ostemy supplies and adult diapers. The supplier was billing Medicare $30 per day more than the prices at retail for the materials. I complained to Congress, but nothing happened.

I hope these outfits do go out of business. It is a crime against nature to be overcharging taxpayers to help those in need.
Need motorizedcart

Yucaipa, CA

#4 Oct 10, 2010
How about this: with over half my spine damaged, and after fluctuating back and forht close to death for over 26 years, and with limited walking I still can't get a motorized cart. My neck is damaged, so I can't use a wheel chair, and I have now been crippled for over 30 years. My doctor said he has patients who can't walk at all, and Medical will not appove one for them either. I told him to just sign the order and I will handle the approval by medical-by taking them to court if they refuse to give me what I need, but he won't sign it, and so I have been left to suffer. Without him signing the authorization, I have no recourse. I'm no longer fluctuating back and forth close to death, but I am being force to be a semi-invalid all because of the ignorance of doctors. I have tried one doctor after another, and they see the 5 pages of damage from my 5 MRI's, but they still don't get it! It takes a lot of strength for me to walk into the Dr.'s office. The doctors think that because I walked in and out of the office that I don't need one, but if they knew what I was going through they would be rushing to get me a motorized cart. Drs. stop committing crimes against humanity! Your ignorance is noted! Shame on you!
Boo Hoo wrote:
These suppliers are a bunch of ripoff artists. The mark-ups are nothing short of theft. One outfit charged Medicare $ 8,000.00 to rent a bed for 18 months. The bed sells for $ 2,000. and are for sale used for $ 400. Another theft of medicare funds was when they rented my mother a wheelchair for $75. That covered a trip from the 4th floor to the first floor of the hospital! Don't get me started on ostemy supplies and adult diapers. The supplier was billing Medicare $30 per day more than the prices at retail for the materials. I complained to Congress, but nothing happened.
I hope these outfits do go out of business. It is a crime against nature to be overcharging taxpayers to help those in need.
Need motorizedcart

Yucaipa, CA

#5 Oct 10, 2010
MediCal, that is.
Need motorizedcart

Yucaipa, CA

#6 Oct 10, 2010
That's 5 pages detailing the damage to my spine for each one of my 5 MRIs. 25 pages total.
Need motorizedcart

Yucaipa, CA

#7 Oct 10, 2010
And yes, the rip offs are occurring while people who have real needs are being denied remedies.
Lurking

San Diego, CA

#8 Oct 10, 2010
Need motorizedcart wrote:
And yes, the rip offs are occurring while people who have real needs are being denied remedies.
You should take up golfing as a hobby. I know it isn't right, but if you started golfing you could eventually probably steal one of the electric golf carts to get around on.

Just a thought. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucca Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) 15 hr Dparisss 41
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Aug 23 Ted 4,833
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Aug 23 Creeps 20
Young couple have job offer in Rancho Mirage - Aug 21 gjstewart 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Jim Harris as Mayor? (Dec '11) Aug 6 Sybilsullivan 4
News San Bernardino County code enforcement using ne... (Feb '10) Aug 1 Nate 16
Need a place to let my golden swim and play Jul 29 Anonymous 1

Yucca Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yucca Valley Mortgages