California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,081

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Sgt Pepper

Gardnerville, NV

#5384 May 14, 2014
Ron, the Dimas Doofus agrees with you and then some. He's in favor of ss/ds (same-sex; different species) marriages.
Seekers

Sierra Madre, CA

#5385 May 14, 2014
What are seekers?
Sneakers

San Francisco, CA

#5386 May 15, 2014
What are sneakers?
Sam

Paradise, CA

#5387 May 15, 2014
Drcotor Benjamens Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes. If it weren't, his daddy and I couldn't have gotten married. I must admit this inbreeding is starting show its bad affects, especially in mental deterioration, as you can see from my son's dimwitted comments.
I think it's Texas that has the steers.
Just woke up

Fairfield, CA

#5388 May 16, 2014
How about they ban people walking slow in crosswalks?. I could vote for that.
JwU wow

Sierra Madre, CA

#5391 May 16, 2014
Who are seekers?
No shopping

Menlo Park, CA

#5392 May 16, 2014
How about they ban shopping bags who drag their husbands around to every damn store?
Shopping Cart

Sierra Madre, CA

#5393 May 16, 2014
Buy a shopping cart and ride and drive in style.
Just woke up

Fairfield, CA

#5394 May 16, 2014
Shopping Cart wrote:
Buy a shopping cart and ride and drive in style.
That's not a bad idea, get a modified rascal, with racing stripes.
Rat Fink

Sierra Madre, CA

#5395 May 16, 2014
Buy a souped up shopping cart and ride and drive in style, like Rat Fink would have done.
Just woke up

Fairfield, CA

#5396 May 16, 2014
I actually would be ok with that, maybe the next big thing. Souped up shopping carts.
Rat Fink

Sierra Madre, CA

#5397 May 16, 2014
Buy a souped up shopping cart and take a ride to drive in style, like Rat Fink would have done.
how come

San Jose, CA

#5398 May 16, 2014
This is weird
Wraper twists

Sierra Madre, CA

#5399 May 16, 2014
Only weird in San Jose CA.
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#5400 May 16, 2014
Rat Fink wrote:
Buy a souped up shopping cart and ride and drive in style, like Rat Fink would have done.
C,A,R,B, would never allow it!!! It would, for sure kill another Polar Bear!
And that would be supped up! As in 'super'... LOL
Juan

Paradise, CA

#5401 May 16, 2014
We have been waiting and waiting and waiting for state legislation to pass," said Councilor Ann Schwab. "I don't want to wait on (Senate Bill) 270 to be approved. I think the desire of the community is to support this ordinance, and I would like us to move forward."
Citizen Stephanie Taber said the city should have invested as much time in looking at its financial matters instead of plastic bags, a sentiment echoed by Sorensen, who said the city should be concentrating on its finances and items that really matter, such as police, fire, parks and roads.

"Two years of time we have spent," he said of the plastic bag discussion. "We have burned staff time, we have burned council time when we should have been talking about far more important things."
Gene

Sierra Madre, CA

#5402 May 16, 2014
Start you engines.
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#5403 May 16, 2014
Juan wrote:
We have been waiting and waiting and waiting for state legislation to pass," said Councilor Ann Schwab. "I don't want to wait on (Senate Bill) 270 to be approved. I think the desire of the community is to support this ordinance, and I would like us to move forward."
Citizen Stephanie Taber said the city should have invested as much time in looking at its financial matters instead of plastic bags, a sentiment echoed by Sorensen, who said the city should be concentrating on its finances and items that really matter, such as police, fire, parks and roads.
"Two years of time we have spent," he said of the plastic bag discussion. "We have burned staff time, we have burned council time when we should have been talking about far more important things."
But Juan... none of those important things have anything to do with a liberal feeeeeeling good about their pitiful self!
for cryin' out loud !!! Just what are you thinking about??? This is neurotic liberal California...
Gene the bagger

Sierra Madre, CA

#5404 May 17, 2014
Yes, Gene is a plastic bagger horder.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5405 May 17, 2014
Juan wrote:
Juan.

Good point. The "anti-consumer" "anti-free grocery bag" coalition of malcontents who want to "get back" at society for their own shortcomings are led by the Lowenthal/Garcia gang. Meanwhile, Long Beach suffers some of the highest unemployment rates in the nation.

These efforts to keep the "normal" majority off-balance were conjured up by wealthy 60s 70s era taxpayer supported Government "professors". Not coincidentally, Long Beach is home to one of the most radical of the State's unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded universities in the entire state. It's time this outmoded monument to a bygone era be closed and its taxpayer owned campus used to teach children and "medicated" wealthy Government "professors" the skill needed to preform useful 21st century labor.

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucca Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Mary Bono Mack as Representat... (Jul '12) 12 hr marcella williams 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 20 hr surfs up 7,955
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
missing woman car found Sep 18 Jessica 3
Is any place hiring? Sep 17 Anonymous 1
•••

Yucca Valley News Video

•••
•••

Yucca Valley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Yucca Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE