Parolee trying to elude police strike...

Parolee trying to elude police strikes another vehicle; two killed

There are 73 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Feb 7, 2010, titled Parolee trying to elude police strikes another vehicle; two killed. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A 26-year-old parolee who led police on a short chase that caused the deaths of a San Bernardino man and a Yucaipa teen on Saturday was in jail Sunday facing multiple felony charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

hunkie boy

Fontana, CA

#42 Feb 9, 2010
solution:if the mexican drunk drivers would run into the 3 black thugs in their car, that would be a big help.
Selym

Downey, CA

#43 Feb 9, 2010
It's a shame what happened to the two who were killed. Of course, we probably would have liked to see the threatening boyfriend killed instead. I think that the police are as much to blame for this though.
The opening line of the article sums it up well. "MONTCLAIR - A 26-year-old parolee who led police on a short chase that caused the deaths of a San Bernardino man and a Yucaipa teen on Saturday was in jail Sunday facing multiple felony charges."
See, it says, the "chase that caused the deaths."

The PD was doing surveillance, see the guy drive by several times! They know he has threatened a woman's life! So, now they decide that they'll engage him by pulling him over in a traffic stop? COME ON! Is this really the BEST plan the PD could come up with??? He drove by several times! The PD had plenty of time to do something better!

This guy probably had a gun, but he definitely had a vehicle! That vehicle is a deadly weapon!

The police need to grow up and be more professional! They could have caught him a million easier ways than initiating a car chase!! The suspect may have "led the chase" by being out in front, but the police are the ones who orchestrated the chase that killed two innocent victims.
Work in Montclair

Los Angeles, CA

#44 Feb 9, 2010
Tony wrote:
"Work in Montclair" your comments are ignorant. Imagine you have a daughter and her ex-boyfriend is a gang banging parolee, who says he is on his way with a gun to kill her. The cops do their job and set up on her house. He shows up in the car he says he's on his way in they go to stop him and he runs. Would you honestly want the police to stop when he runs and let him go so he could hunt your daughter down execute her and then probably kill another 10 people while shooting his way to Mexico. Get real you looser.
Okay, let's get real. Let's do a little IF/THEN scenario: IF the woman would have been more choosey about what men she wished to associate with THEN none of this would have happened and two innocent people would not be dead as a result.
This obviously was a bad boy type to begin with, I'm sure he didn't just turn evil overnight
John Q Taxpayer

La Verne, CA

#45 Feb 9, 2010
Just reading wrote:
<quoted text>
He shouldn't be entitled to anything but death. He doesn't deserve any rights.
Thank you so much for speaking the truth. This man is not entitled to a damn thing.
hunkie boy

Fontana, CA

#46 Feb 9, 2010
someone needes to do a study why there is so much abnormal behavior coming out of mexico, i think it has to do with the open incest, father daughter sex, cousins marrying each other, thats my theory.
nessa

Yucaipa, CA

#47 Feb 9, 2010
this guy should be executed its not fair that for his stupiddness my friend LUIS GARCIA had to pay the price and as well as his uncle.. and now they are gone forever ....ppl like him shouldn't be out of jail ....i mean takinqq inocent ppls lives is NOT cool i hope he never gets out!!! R.I.P LUIS GARCIA I WILL MISS U!:'(
well at least u r in a better place now where noone can hurt u .....
Tony

United States

#48 Feb 9, 2010
Selym wrote:
It's a shame what happened to the two who were killed. Of course, we probably would have liked to see the threatening boyfriend killed instead. I think that the police are as much to blame for this though.
The opening line of the article sums it up well. "MONTCLAIR - A 26-year-old parolee who led police on a short chase that caused the deaths of a San Bernardino man and a Yucaipa teen on Saturday was in jail Sunday facing multiple felony charges."
The PD was doing surveillance, see the guy drive by several times! They know he has threatened a woman's life! So, now they decide that they'll engage him by pulling him over in a traffic stop? COME ON! Is this really the BEST plan the PD could come up with??? He drove by several times! The PD had plenty of time to do something better!
This guy probably had a gun, but he definitely had a vehicle! That vehicle is a deadly weapon!
The police need to grow up and be more professional! They could have caught him a million easier ways than initiating a car chase!! The suspect may have "led the chase" by being out in front, but the police are the ones who orchestrated the chase that killed two innocent victims.
About the police standing by while he passed by, Well obvious the police were trying to wait for him to get out of his car so they could engage him. He's an armed and dangerous Parolee who they realized and probably know from his extensive criminal history will hurt anyone at any cost. whether it's a cop, innocent person getting in his way or his intended target.

Now you keep using this word "Stalking" its not stalking when you tell someone you have a gun and are on your way over to kill them. So go to law school and when you become a lawyer then come back and post. Until then keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Im out!
My heart goes out to the poor victims.

Since: Nov 09

Los Angeles, CA

#49 Feb 9, 2010
ff2k wrote:
My question is, why did this have to be a chase?
You're right. This didn't have to be a chase. He could've pulled over when he was ordered to.
wow

Ontario, CA

#50 Feb 9, 2010
Work in Montclair wrote:
I'm sick and tired of these cops playing macho heroics and chasing cars for WHAT? What was the ultimate goal -- to chase the car until it ran out of gas? To chase it until the perp gave up? Or to go recklessly chasing a car with no regard to innocent people just driving on the street? There is just no good that can come of this egotistic cop behavior and in the end it almost always ends bad.
You are either a complete moron or a criminal who runs from the cops and wnats the cops to stop chasing you. Are you kidding? These are not egotistical cops out running a NASCAR circuit, they're doing their trying to catch someone who made a death threat. You seem to forget that it's the criminal that plays the cards. The cops have to react to that. Hypocrites like you want it both ways, if it's a crime that affects you then you will be beating down the door of the Police Chief demanding the cops do EVERYTHING possible to catch the criminal and "do their job", but otherwise you want to stand back and criticize their every move. You people are dime a dozen and quite frankly, you need to move to another country since you're so disatisfied with the US police force. Try China, North Korea or maybe a little closer like Mexico and see how that goes for you.
believe it

AOL

#51 Feb 10, 2010
Selym wrote:
Really? The police orchestrated the chase? So you think that turning your red and blue lights on to pull over a car doesn't mean pull over, but instead means it's an invitation to a chase? It seems that you have the same mentality as the guy in the car who killed the two innocent civilians. You both seem to think alike. To someone who uses logic what the police did was orchestrate a traffic stop. And that's what should have happened. But instead most of us would think that when the suspect chose instead to break the law and push has pedal to the floor and run the stop signs that it was he who orchestrated the police chase, not the officers. The agenda of the officers was to get him to pull over and stop. The agenda of the suspect was to run the stop lights and get away. Not so hard to understand.

By the way, what do you think is a better way of stopping someone who is driving by than initiating a traffic stop? Maybe stand on the sidewalk and blow his head off with a shotgun blast as he passes by? Set up a road block so he can try to avoid it by jumping the curb and driving through front yards? Or have an officer stand in the middle of the road with his hand raised in the air ordering him to stop? Or maybe have an officer stand on the sidewalk and shout " please stop" as he drives by?
believe it

AOL

#52 Feb 10, 2010
Work in Montclair wrote:
I'm sick and tired of these cops playing macho heroics and chasing cars for WHAT? What was the ultimate goal -- to chase the car until it ran out of gas? To chase it until the perp gave up? Or to go recklessly chasing a car with no regard to innocent people just driving on the street? There is just no good that can come of this egotistic cop behavior and in the end it almost always ends bad.
Actually, it almost always ends good. Overwhelmingly it ends with the suspect being captured and no injuries, and if there are injuries it's almost always to the supsect. It's only in the few exceptions that it ends bad. At least be honest and don't make up lies to make your point. The truth is it does not almost always end bad. Unless you're looking at it from a criminals veiwpoint. Then yeah, it does almost always end bad. But sadly, this was one of the exceptions. But nevertheless, it was the supsects choice to make it a chase instead of a normal traffic stop, not the cops.
Work in Montclair

Los Angeles, CA

#53 Feb 10, 2010
believe it wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it almost always ends good. Overwhelmingly it ends with the suspect being captured and no injuries, and if there are injuries it's almost always to the supsect. It's only in the few exceptions that it ends bad. At least be honest and don't make up lies to make your point. The truth is it does not almost always end bad. Unless you're looking at it from a criminals veiwpoint. Then yeah, it does almost always end bad. But sadly, this was one of the exceptions. But nevertheless, it was the supsects choice to make it a chase instead of a normal traffic stop, not the cops.
Tell your defensive statistics to the poor family of the victims. I'm sure they'd be glad to hear that it almost always ends good.
believe it

AOL

#54 Feb 10, 2010
Work in Montclair wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell your defensive statistics to the poor family of the victims. I'm sure they'd be glad to hear that it almost always ends good.
Not a defensive tactic, just facts. And no, I wouldn't expect the family to be glad to hear anything, regardless of what it is. But it still doesn't alter the fact that if the guy had just stopped when the cop tried to pull him over they would still be alive. He chose to break the law and run, and he killed two people doing it. If he had pulled over for the cops he would have been pulled over in Ontario and never even made it into Montclair to hit the innocent people. You can't really argue that.
believe it

AOL

#55 Feb 10, 2010
Work in Montclair wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to say that the fact that it almost always ends up good was anything that would make the family feel glad. Anymore than the fact that most surgeries performed end up well would make the family of someone who died during surgery feel good.

My point was simply that you were lying through your teeth when you said that persuits almost always end up bad. That simply isn't true. Unless you're looking at it through the perspective of a criminal, and then, yes, it does end up badly if you are caught and arrested.
terrible

Temecula, CA

#56 Feb 10, 2010
I responded to this traffic collision on 1 of 3 the ambulances. We were the first ambulance on scene. This was one of those worst crashes Ive been on since Ive been an EMT. We pulled up on scene to see Montclair FD already doing CPR behind a mangled car. As we did CPR surrounded by pieces of metal and plastic and standing in a combination of gas, blood, and water we knew these innocent people didn't have a chance. A little after we got to the hospital we were all thinking about how many lives this guy just ruined. My prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends of these 2 innocent people.
resident

Whittier, CA

#57 Feb 10, 2010
blame it on the COPS!!!!! they should get sued for all they gott take theyre shooting range away!!! maybe we should cut more police men
Cary

Calabasas, CA

#58 Feb 10, 2010
All parolees should have their limbs cut off!
Mr_Romanado

Long Beach, CA

#60 Feb 10, 2010
hunkie boy wrote:
someone needes to do a study why there is so much abnormal behavior coming out of mexico, i think it has to do with the open incest, father daughter sex, cousins marrying each other, thats my theory.
Is that why you can't put a sentence together correctly? Your lack of punctuation and grammar is clearly a sign of your inbreeding.

Since: Jul 08

Chula Vista, CA

#61 Feb 10, 2010
Selym wrote:
The police did not "orchestrate" the chase. They reacted to the suspects actions. If they had "orchestrated" the chase I am sure they would have designed a much more desirable outcome.

Since you have all the solutions, why don'you tell us the "million easier ways" to apprehend this subject.

Since: Nov 09

Los Angeles, CA

#62 Feb 10, 2010
A police chase that goes beyond a half block is *always* the fault of the person being chased.

No two ways about it. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucaipa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News of our Past: Ranch worker reports he saw a... Aug 24 Brian Jennings 1
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Aug 23 Ted 4,833
Review: Jurassic Park Resort Theme Park Aug 7 Jurassic Park Ban... 1
Review: Highland High School Aug 7 Highland High School 20
News Retired officer pleads not guilty in battery case (Jun '10) Aug 6 Anon 23
Redlands Music Thread (May '12) Aug 5 Musikologist 18
News YucaipaYUCAIPA: Longing for theater, concerts? ... Jul '16 djkndsn 1

Yucaipa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yucaipa Mortgages