Judge orders Wells Fargo to reverse $...

Judge orders Wells Fargo to reverse $203 million in overdraft fees

There are 57 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Aug 11, 2010, titled Judge orders Wells Fargo to reverse $203 million in overdraft fees. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A federal judge has ordered Wells Fargo Bank to reimburse more than one million of its California customers $203 million in wrongfully assessed overdraft fees - the culmination of a class-action lawsuit initiated by Inland Empire residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
current wf customer

Scottsdale, AZ

#46 Aug 13, 2010
Igetitnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us are busy and use our ATM cards and don't always keep track like we should.I need to use my check register for every transaction. I feel so foolish.....I have good credit but had some Wells Fargo overdraft fees. It was crazy, because I depended on what my stated bank balance was when I called or checked the ATM. I thought I had money, but would then find out the next day all of these little transactions would hit by the bunches all on the same day causing me to be overdrawn. And the fees caused me to be more overdrawn, and I would get charged again, even though they would take tiny amounts out of my savings to cover it, then ANOTHER transaction would hit. Whenever I would check, there would be all of these transactions on one day!!! Now I understand why they did it that way. Your explanation also helped. I hope the appeal does not get anywhere. I am really **** off at Wells Fargo for manipulating my account.
You are welcome, glad I helped you!
I8Andrea

Redlands, CA

#47 Aug 13, 2010
the real SAW wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less about your opinion of me. I am just calling out the troll. Perhaps on his next post, he should cop your handle.
cop your own handle troll boy.
the real SAW

Pomona, CA

#48 Aug 13, 2010
I8Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>
cop your own handle troll boy.
I don't cop other poster's handles.
dlorahdebarge

United States

#49 Aug 13, 2010
Well it's about time...now maybe the naysayers will finally believe the mortgage rip off was also a manipulation...
leathernuts

Yucaipa, CA

#50 Aug 14, 2010
I agree, the fees do seen excessive, however, I also agree that these idiots should be more responsible and need to be accountable as well. Some people actually spend knowing there is no money there. So basically, they want to use someone elses money for free
Sam

United States

#51 Aug 14, 2010
This is why I plan not for the current Rep to Congress (44th District), dude be in office for six years and not bank reforms, but I do have bank's fees from the last six years. I had direct deposit, switched bank. Good luck get any money.
Blah Blah

Beaumont, CA

#52 Aug 14, 2010
I just wonder why my comment was taken off, but other bull is still on here.
Maria

Houston, TX

#53 Aug 14, 2010
Ex-Wells Fargo employee wrote:
I am glad this happened to WF. I hated to ignore the calls from our customers demanding reversal of such overdraft charges. Our top managers loved getting "bonus" on these fees and the people having to pay for these "bonus" could not do a thing from stopping this type of theft.
You shouldnÂ’t be glad, stop talking so bad about Wells Fargo specially if you used to be part of Wells Fargo and for the time you spent with Wells Fargo I am pretty sure you got paid, so please stop hating on Wells Fargo be glad that at one point Wells Fargo gave you a job.
Angry Customer

Incline Village, NV

#55 Aug 16, 2010
I just called Wells Fargo and demanded they reverse my overdraft fees for the time period they were fraudulant and their comments..." We will not be crediting any fees back until after our appeal" FYI... They are all rotten dirty scoundrels!
paty

Sunnyvale, CA

#57 Aug 19, 2010
Do we have to be part of a law sue with one law firm to get our money ? or they will send ALL for themselfs?
dlorahdebarge

Chicago, IL

#58 Aug 20, 2010
paty wrote:
Do we have to be part of a law sue with one law firm to get our money ? or they will send ALL for themselfs?
Tellers don't get refunds...
Yae

Ontario, CA

#59 Aug 20, 2010
Uncle Ron wrote:
I feel sorry for the soldiers in Iraq who think the banks give a crap about their plight. A deployed soldier lost his home because his wife didn't make the HOA payments. The HOA put a lien on the home and sold it.
It *IS* the fault of his wife, but she became depressed and despondent because her husband was deployed to Iraq. Completely normal emotion, given the circumstances.
America is a scam. From fcking A to Z.
But you're the first to believe that smoking weed is one of the most despicable things a person can do.
So, why don't you believe THAT scam that you've been sold about marijuana?
anyhow, on to those talking about, "you should have been more responsible". Many of us are responsible, but if you don't know the practices of WF, then you shouldn't be flapping your lips. We incurred overdraft fees because, get this,
the bank has a system in place for when you use your debit card and how they charge it to your account. The highest charge gets accounted for first. Not in the order the charges were made, but the ones with the highest charges first. That is the scam you idiots don't realize.
WBNA

Easley, SC

#60 Sep 4, 2010
Angry Customer wrote:
I just called Wells Fargo and demanded they reverse my overdraft fees for the time period they were fraudulant and their comments..." We will not be crediting any fees back until after our appeal" FYI... They are all rotten dirty scoundrels!
Don't overdraft your account and you won't have these problems.
WBNA

Easley, SC

#61 Sep 4, 2010
leathernuts wrote:
I agree, the fees do seen excessive, however, I also agree that these idiots should be more responsible and need to be accountable as well. Some people actually spend knowing there is no money there. So basically, they want to use someone elses money for free
Totally. They want to use bank's money to feed their habit of overspending but expect no consequence. Last I checked "consequence" was something we all learned in kindergarten.

I have no sympathy for this drivel that the bank did this and the bank did that. Take responsibility for your own checkbook and avoid the situation altogether. Either that or live a cash life. Oh wait!! You can't! Cause you over spend on purpose. Get real people. Instead of looking at the banks why don't you look at your own pattern of spending and realize YOU are the cause of you own misery.
romchik

Gulf Shores, AL

#62 Dec 23, 2011
just got fee - 106. i dont know how they can do it, basically i check my balance before to buy. Called to customer serves but they can do nothing. Its really stupid.yesterday night my balance was like 3,in the morning i got -106. in this time i buy nothing.
yikes

United States

#63 Jul 12, 2014
Listen people!! First of all I see that this is an old thread. Bottom line: I was hired in 2012 as a personal banker for wells. Prior to that I have over 20 years experience working for banks mostly on the corporate side. I lasted 9 months at wells. The worst job I ever had. They train us to lie to customers. Listen! Google topix former wells fargo employees. Read the threads..Over 500 people chiming in just like me. Our job was to get you into our seats like prey. Sell you products you don't need or we would get fired!!!..Close your accounts now!!!

Since: Nov 12

Philippines

#64 Jul 13, 2014
nice thread. thanks for sharing that information. it was very informative.
[url=http://www.legacylegal.co m/credit-education/credit-topi cs/credit-repair-service.asp]C redit Repair Services[/url]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yucaipa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two arrested in armored truck robbery (Aug '07) Mon Tiffany Chance 31
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Mon What a joke 4,832
News '420 Fest' at Pharaoh's Theme and Water Park dr... (Apr '09) Jun 21 Speed Racer 714 200
Catch Mentone Eric ! Jun 15 F OFF and Die ERIC 1
Steve Eatopinal is a punk! Jun 8 mike 1
News The PassBEAUMONT PROBE: Only 1 remains in custody Jun 4 Randi 1
10 fwy Pennsylvania Ave Jun 3 Brandoman76 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Yucaipa Mortgages