State Nixes Rex-Franklin Plan For New Hospital

There are 1 comment on the NBC 17 story from Apr 28, 2008, titled State Nixes Rex-Franklin Plan For New Hospital. In it, NBC 17 reports that:

“Taking the sole health care facility out of central Franklin County would likely result in physicians who presently serve the community to relocate their practices elsewhere and it would discourage other physicians from coming to this community”

Some state lawmakers are backing the state medical board's decision to block plans to relocate a hospital in Franklin County. via NBC 17

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 17.

Ginny Hall

Raleigh, NC

#1 May 28, 2008
I can not understand why no one is interested in the growth in Franklin County and the people there that deserve a hospital in the area that is modern and easily accessable. A month or so ago, there was a "town meeting" to discuss bringing this hospital into our area, who decided to hold his meeting in the afternoon while most people are at work? My husband was in and out of the hospital 4 times last year, just got back after an 11 day stay last week and with gas prices and the emotion of a loved one being sick but you must travel over an hour (and pay to park at Wake) is to much. My husband will have to get his heart shocked in two weeks, I'll be driving back and forth again while my county does nothing to improve health services to it's community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Youngsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carolyn hillegass nc arrested for dui & child e... May 4 deaconwf 1
Donna and Cherish Bouse Apr 30 Old friend 1
job corp (Apr '08) Apr 28 Tyler 145
moving to louisburg Apr '15 anonymous 1
Line Dance at Rolesville Community Centet Mar '15 Keep Moving for f... 2
Estherine Davis and ElectriCities Issues (Apr '08) Mar '15 Dad do 9
who is the best/cheapest muffler shop around ? Feb '15 just moved here 1
More from around the web

Youngsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE