Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#163 Dec 3, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Laurel. Yea, spread the word. On another note, the churched and unchruched could join in on the advent conspiricy.
Advent Conspiricy.
Instead of spending money for gifts this Christmas, give time to your family, make gifts, and so on. Then, give some of the money you saved to those in need. There are a lot of people who whould not normally ask for a handout. One local congregation (Liberty Baptist Church) is doing a food bank on Tuesdays and they are getting low of food. So, if you could take some grub there, they could use it. What is your group doing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qtbbbK5QH8QXX
Like many groups my church bickered and complained and never came up with anything. However, I, individually am helping a small child taken out of the system with a good family now and a senior citizen I don't know yet but was picked for me. I will spend time with both of them near Christmas. I will do other things as well. I have finished my shopping and I think most of us get things all year long anyway. I have a small list. I will look up Liberty Baptist Church and its location and connect with them. I have given food donations to the postal service food drive and two others in our community. I have always been a giver. God has blest me over and over and answered three prayers today, what an awesome God we serve.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#164 Dec 3, 2012
Laurel will be a absolute wonder when I teach her golf. As she said, her boobs swinging in the wind smacking me in the rear. Now that is golf. Four . Loudly
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#165 Dec 3, 2012
Oops, I got carried away. Laurel is a true lady. My imagination got carried away again. God called me on it. Sorry Laurel, a amazing mountain woman.

Location hidden

#166 Dec 3, 2012
I have to work out of town tomorrow and will be working at both of my jobs most of December. I will attend this church when I can, in mapping it I think on Pat Colwell Rd maybe near Gumlog and Nottley. I have navigation and will visit your congregation one Sunday morning soon. By the way it is a beautiful church.

Location hidden

#167 Dec 3, 2012
Bears Way wrote:
Laurel will be a absolute wonder when I teach her golf. As she said, her boobs swinging in the wind smacking me in the rear. Now that is golf. Four . Loudly
I am laughing so hard I can hardly type. My boobs aren't THAT big pleazze! I wish they were still nothing but a prayer though. Now unless I am seeing things you said you would TEACH me golf. Listen I am holding you to that. You better watch that rear for I listen well and I am going to be awesome. I am tough in business and I am going to be tough in golf as well. The teaching part made my day! Yee Haw!
Laurel Wood

Dacula, GA

#168 Dec 4, 2012
Wherever you are today and no matter how your day is going look out at this beautiful day and thank God for giving you life and play some music. All the dark will disappear from your day inside and things will be as clear as your view.
Read Psalm 91:11-12!
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#169 Dec 4, 2012
Bears Way wrote:
You and Ms. Wood have turned this topic to where now it covers my two favorite subjects, shirt-puppies and golf.

If Ms. Wood's "boobs" as she refers to them, are long enough to flap in the breeze, I am terribly afraid she may have what Doctors call, "Elongatus Hooteritus". It is a condition of the aging process and there is no cure. Proper restraint is advised whether playing golf or as can happen, she could drag them through the gravy at dinner.

Bless her heart. She sounds like a good person.
what we all need

Dahlonega, GA

#170 Dec 4, 2012
THE (SCIENTIFIC) DEATH OF JESUS
At the age of 33,
Jesus was condemned to the death penalty.

At the time crucifixion was the "worst" death. Only the worst criminals
condemned to be crucified. Yet it was
even more dreadful for Jesus, for unlike other criminals
condemned to death by crucifixion Jesus was nailed to
the cross by His hands and feet, rather than tied...

Each nail
was 6 to 8 inches long.

The nails
were driven into His wrist. Not
into His palms as is commonly
portrayed. There's a tendon in the wrist that
extends to the shoulder. The Roman guards knew
that when the nails were being hammered into the
Wrist, that tendon would tear and
break, forcing Jesus to use His back
muscles to support himself, so that He could breathe.

Both of His feet
were nailed together. Thus He was forced to
support Himself on the single nail that
impaled His feet to the cross. Jesus could
not support himself with His legs for long because of the pain,
so He was forced to alternate between arching His
back and using his legs just to continue to
breath. Imagine the struggle, the pain, the
suffering, the courage.

Jesus endured this
reality for over 3 hours.

Yes,
over 3 hours! Can you imagine this kind of
suffering? A few minutes before He died,
Jesus stopped bleeding. He was simply pouring water
from his wounds.

From common images we see wounds to His hands and
feet and even the spear wound to His side...
But do we remember the many wounds
made to his body. A hammer driving large nails through the wrists, the feet overlapped
and a nail hammered through the arches, then a
Roman guard piercing His side with a spear. And...
before the nails and the spear, Jesus was whipped and beaten. The whipping was so severe that it tore the flesh from His body. The beating so horrific that His face was torn and his beard ripped from His face. The crown of thorns (two to three inch thorns) cut deeply into His scalp.
Most men would not have survived this torture.

He had no more blood to bleed out, only water poured from His wounds. The human adult body contains about 5 liters (just over a gallon) of blood.

Jesus poured all 5 liters of his blood;
He had three nails hammered into His
body; a crown of thorns on His head and, beyond
that, a Roman soldier who stabbed a spear into His
chest..

All these without mentioning the humiliation He passed after carrying His own cross for almost 2 kilometers, while the crowd spat in his
face and threw stones (the cross beam was almost 30 kg of weight, to which His hands were nailed).

Jesus had to endure this experience,
so that you may have free access to God.

So that your sins can be "washed" away.
All of them, with no exception!

JESUS
CHRIST DIED...FOR YOU!

He died for you!

Accept the reality, the truth, that
JESUS IS THE ONLY SALVATION FOR THE WORLD.

God has special plans for YOU!
Share this with all your friends...
about what He went through to save you.
Really think about it!

May God bless you!

Yes, I love God. He
is my source of life and my Savior.
He keeps me alive and safe, both day and night.

Without Him, I am nothing,
but with Him "I can do all things through Him
who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13.

blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#171 Dec 4, 2012
Zoltar,I will agree with you on your evaluation of L.Wood.Eventho she knows I am what is known as a hard Atheist ,she wanted me to overcome my illness ,I think.There are some good people that believe in a god,but that doesn't mean that most of them are not delusional,gullible and can think logically.My favorite country is Austria,60 percent of that country is covered with the Alps and beautiful mountain lakes.Like most countries in Europe they are progressive and have shed the chains of religion to the point tht only about 8 percent still believe in a god ,especially the Christian type and his son is also included in what they recognize as mythology.I don't like some of the music that her god created,especially that opera ,rock and rap,don't like the vulgar words god allows in music today.Don't like the clmate that god created for many parts of this planet ,such that surrounding Ft.Hood Texas and the Florida heat.I don't like some of he people he is responsible for ,to name a few,George bush,A. Hitler,Stalin and Pot Pol I don't like the fact that the Wood's god hasn't made the scene for thousands of years,although he sent his mythical son to die for something he created.To name a few things that this christian god didn't do was,never ansered a prayer,allow 25 million people to die from the black plague.Didn't prevent the five crusades,let the civil war happen,Allowed Hitler to kill about 5 million of his creation,Stalin 30 million during the thirties,not to include his purges.Then there have been various wars for a few thousand years ,no action there either.No help in preventing polio,my COPD.The fact is this god has done nothing for thousands of years ,except nothing.What more could one expect from a fictious god that killed all living things on this planet except one family.A new god needs to be created ,hopefully with a little more realism and not so much evil.
Laurel Wood

Dacula, GA

#172 Dec 4, 2012
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Ms. Wood have turned this topic to where now it covers my two favorite subjects, shirt-puppies and golf.
If Ms. Wood's "boobs" as she refers to them, are long enough to flap in the breeze, I am terribly afraid she may have what Doctors call, "Elongatus Hooteritus". It is a condition of the aging process and there is no cure. Proper restraint is advised whether playing golf or as can happen, she could drag them through the gravy at dinner.
Bless her heart. She sounds like a good person.
General Zoltar I refuse to discuss things of a private matter concerning you on a public forum. Do the best you can to keep things up though.
Laurel Wood

Dacula, GA

#173 Dec 4, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
Zoltar,I will agree with you on your evaluation of L.Wood.Eventho she knows I am what is known as a hard Atheist ,she wanted me to overcome my illness ,I think.There are some good people that believe in a god,but that doesn't mean that most of them are not delusional,gullible and can think logically.My favorite country is Austria,60 percent of that country is covered with the Alps and beautiful mountain lakes.Like most countries in Europe they are progressive and have shed the chains of religion to the point tht only about 8 percent still believe in a god ,especially the Christian type and his son is also included in what they recognize as mythology.I don't like some of the music that her god created,especially that opera ,rock and rap,don't like the vulgar words god allows in music today.Don't like the clmate that god created for many parts of this planet ,such that surrounding Ft.Hood Texas and the Florida heat.I don't like some of he people he is responsible for ,to name a few,George bush,A. Hitler,Stalin and Pot Pol I don't like the fact that the Wood's god hasn't made the scene for thousands of years,although he sent his mythical son to die for something he created.To name a few things that this christian god didn't do was,never ansered a prayer,allow 25 million people to die from the black plague.Didn't prevent the five crusades,let the civil war happen,Allowed Hitler to kill about 5 million of his creation,Stalin 30 million during the thirties,not to include his purges.Then there have been various wars for a few thousand years ,no action there either.No help in preventing polio,my COPD.The fact is this god has done nothing for thousands of years ,except nothing.What more could one expect from a fictious god that killed all living things on this planet except one family.A new god needs to be created ,hopefully with a little more realism and not so much evil.
BD, kindness will kill you quicker than anything and yes I was concerned about you being sick. I don't care for your essay. Your opinion of me is probably mild in comparison of that forked bitter tongue and opinion of life in general. However, I do respect your clamor or lack of. Now that you are better you should check in with your heart from time to time. The tugging on it means something, just saying.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#174 Dec 4, 2012
Is Pat Robertson acceptable to God ?

In January, televangelist Pat Robertson told 700 Club viewers that in his annual New Year’s “conversation” with God, the Almighty had revealed to him who the next president would be.
Up through Election Day, Robertson harshly criticized President Obama and the Democratic Party while praising Mitt Romney.
Then, Robertson’s Christian Broadcasting Network predicted a GOP sweep, leaving Robertson utterly confounded by Obama’s victory.

Today, responding to a question from a viewer who wondered why her business is struggling since she thought God told her it would be successful, Robertson admitted that he sometimes misses God’s message.“So many of us miss God, I won’t get into great detail about elections but I sure did miss it, I thought I heard from God, I thought I had heard clearly from God, what happened?” Robertson replied,“You ask God, how did I miss it? Well, we all do and I have a lot of practice.”
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#175 Dec 4, 2012
Pat Robertson is a fool among fools.No only is he an embarrassment to the Blairsville devil but to many Christians.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#176 Dec 4, 2012
Zoltar, I am playing golf tomorrow withy son in law, brother , and my friend the Baptist minister. He cusses like a sailor when he slices, hooks, or misses a put. So you know that is all he does, he
Can only be normal with us. When he is on the pulpit he becomes a two faced ass.

God just laughs at him and gives me a better score.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#177 Dec 5, 2012
Bears Way wrote:
Zoltar, I am playing golf tomorrow withy son in law, brother , and my friend the Baptist minister. He cusses like a sailor when he slices, hooks, or misses a put. So you know that is all he does, he
Can only be normal with us. When he is on the pulpit he becomes a two faced ass.
Hey I know a Baptist preacher that is the same way.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#178 Dec 5, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>General Zoltar I refuse to discuss things of a private matter concerning you on a public forum. Do the best you can to keep things up though.
Thank you for the promotion. Being promoted from LT to General is quite a leap. Have you heard whether or not I will be transfered to the U.S. Central Command in Tampa? There are several loose and painted up city women there who prey on Generals.

Actually, I prefer not to discuss your condition on this forum either, especially, this early in the morning. You try and keep those things up too.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#179 Dec 5, 2012
Bears Way wrote:
When you are playing with that Baptist minister, you may be playing with a future U.S. Congressman or Senator.

Hope you have a great day on the course. Hit'em long, straight and keep it in the fairway.
Local Observer

Morganton, GA

#180 Dec 6, 2012
As I read all of these posts... I am reminded once again... If Christ came right now in the same manner he did over 2000 years ago...He would very likely be put on trial yet again. Our "death penalty" is a LONG process of "reforming" punishment that has proven time & again to be a dismal failure!!
I have & do read my Bible and what I am beginning to see is that each person can take a verse & twist it to their own liking to justify their own short-comings/failures/sins... whatever term you want to use! I also know that time & time again we are warned "not to be deceived", " the prince of this world is the master/source of confusion", he also comes to devour!! Unfortunately, I'm afraid that is exactly what is happening here. Christ didn't walk the dearth to save the "righteous".... They were too proud & were "blind" & believed they could save themselves by reciting scripture & keeping all of the laws of Moses. I also read about David who committed adultery, bore a child w/his "lover", tried to convince his friend, spouse of his lover & general in his army to leave the battlefield & come home to his wife in hopes that he would think that he fathered the child, Uriah, his general was loyal to his "calling" as a warrior & wouldn't leave his men...so David being the great & honorable "hand-picked" king by God, sent Uriah directly in the line of fire so that he would be killed & his affair & betrayal & yes his sin wouldn't be found out about. As I allow God to guide me as I study, I have to question.... If this actually took place,(just as David's slaying a giant w/a slingshot & 1single stone) or is this a story to show each of us what happens when we humans depend on our own knowledge, strength, & abilities... It ALWAYS leads to destruction. David spent the rest of his life in sorrow for taking his eyes off God & living as a part of this world instead of remaining in constant communion & fellowship w/his Creator? I also question the 6 days of creation... Even if you apply the 1 day is as 1000 yrs to God, that means that the world is only 6000+ years old... There are tons of artifacts found that have proven this to be false. So how do we determine which sections of the bible to take "literally" & which ones we are to interpret as parables or stories to explain things in such a way that our simple human minds can comprehend??? Or could it all be just stories, not to be taken literally at all? When Jesus performed miracles... Did he really make the blind see & the lame to walk or are these figurative examples of the experience you can have by seeking the truth everyday?? He came & hung out w/the lowest of all mankind...not the higher society elites who already knew it all & were ironically the "true" blind & lame???
Local Observer

Morganton, GA

#181 Dec 6, 2012
Local Observer

Morganton, GA

#182 Dec 6, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheaper Gas Prices in Blue Ridge 8 hr Some Info 5
Problems with UC Tax Assessors office? 8 hr Some Info 10
need watch people like her 17 hr Charlene - Union ... 4
Walmart and other Companies support Al Sharpton 18 hr Angry American 3
Cty Council MeetingDec 2, 2014 18 hr Jacky 16
Stan the man (Aug '11) 21 hr Keystone 112
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) Sat tmn post 250

Flood Watch for Towns County was issued at December 28 at 2:29PM EST

Young Harris News Video

Young Harris Dating