blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

John,The Blairsville Devil has nearly recovered from his upper res. infection. Since I am on record of being a mean, hatefull and evil,that news is probably not what all the bible thumping billies and Jills were hoping for.This is why I have been sick for more than a week.For Thanksgiving I invited several believers to our house,since they have no family in the area.I am sure that one or more put some germs on my collards.I feel up to my evil ways again.I sure was glad that the low class dogs were whupped by the other rednecks(Alabama) for the SEC championship.Everyone and his grandma knows that the best team in college football is the Florida Gators.I did enjoy seeing UGA again.He reminds me of some of the people in Blairsville.I'M not saying the women,just thinking.Yes, I am more Christian like than nearly all then people living in Union County.When I was living there ,I told my neighbor ,I was going to the big baptist church to meet some skanky women,He said,the place is crawling with them.That's where all the sinners go each Sunday to compare their sins with others.You don't need to go there becaue they will corrupt your character.And the preacher expects you to pay for paving your way to hell.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Laurel Wood wrote:
Zoltar, without God there would be no breathe of fresh air, no lake and no Zoltar.
Both Zoltar and Informed Opinion are entitled to their fleshly and flip opinions that they can put other names on the creator, God and make jokes even compare things to football.
Both of you are flip but I think it has been stated on Topix that every knee will bow. It could be in an emergency room where a family member or yourself hangs on to life. It could be that moment of impact when your transportation to the lake or a sports outing takes place as two examples. I wish you luck in your endeavors but most won't fall for it. Not everyone that believes in God goes to a church.
Ms. Wood, maam, if you had actually read my post, you would see that I did not say , I don't believe in God. To the contrary, I was simply asking Normal Joe if he was 100% certain that there is no God.

Now, as to my being "flip" I assume you mean flippant to which I must plead guilty. That is, if flippant means to be shallow, then, yes, I am at times, or even most of the time, shallow. To be shallow is, I'm aftraid, largly a male attribute.

You imply that God is not interested in football. Ms. Wood, just exactly how do you know that? You refer to God as the "Creator". In that light, God created football and HOoters as a great place to watch a college game while munching on hot wings which God also created. I have even been know to mutter, "God Almighty" as a sweet young orange clad server walks past our table. I am certain she was created by God.

Since God created the heavens, earth and all of us, he or she has to have a fantastic sense of humor.

Whether ohter names are used, does it really matter that much what the "creator" is called. To the American Indians, it is the Great Spirit, to John it is El-Olam and to the Muslims, it is Allah. It could very well be that they are all the same God or they could also be many different Gods. Is the correct God just the one of the white Christians who arrogantly call theirs "God".

I believe in a higher power and I hope there really is a Heaven. To me, being a "good" Christian is more in how we treat our fellow human beings while we are on this Earth. It is about helping others who may be less fortunate and protecting all that we hold dear whether that is our family, our home or our environment. That, Ms. Wood is the extent to which I can appear deep instead of shallow or "Flip".

I am playing golf on this beautiful Sunday morning. I would like to ask God to help me drive the golf ball 300 yards down the middle of the fairway, but, I know he/she is too busy to bother with my golf expertise or lack thereof. Oh yes, God created Golf too. Sometimes I wish he/she had not. I do try hard not to say "aww sh-t too often when I hit a bad shot.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Zoltar, where do you and God play? He plays with me at Butternut.

Tdayvi am back with my Grandkid and horse . Golf is much less money. Grandkid worth it. God's present to me.
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Good post thar,Zoltar.I believe there is possibly a supreme being somewhere,but not one mentioed in an bible r other religious book.That is "believe",unlike most christians I recognize the difference between knowing and believing.Them there good Christians in Blairsvile don't know how to treat their fellow man.I was called evil and hatefull so many times ,I finally just gave up on and left them to wallow in their misery.The fact is that I was thought to be so evil that one thumper hung the name Blairsville devil on an innocent person,but I like the name.I think the Christan god saw that the dogs were wearing red,which reminded him or she of what they created.Everyoe knows that the god of football was steve Spurrier,but only when he was the Gators coach.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Bears Way wrote:
Zoltar, where do you and God play? He plays with me at Butternut.
Tdayvi am back with my Grandkid and horse . Golf is much less money. Grandkid worth it. God's present to me.
I play Butternut most of the time and Old Union now and then.

That is a great photo of your Grandaughter on her horse you have posted. I have 3 horses and you are right, it gets really expensive.

If God is in your foursome, I would like to play with your group sometime. The problem is, my driver, 3-wood and hybrids are Calloway Diablo Octanes. Good probably would'nt like that since Diablo means Devil. Gotta go....I'm up.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

John, I don't have a Kindle Fire or Nook; I am one of those who just loves books and the paper kind is just what I love to hold. Yes I feel atheists are many; some from confusion but most self-declared and even a few think it makes them more worldly and modern. I agree with the jest of what you say in that you believe in Jesus Christ, his birth and death and accepting him and being baptized. I don't analyze it to death because Jesus wants us to have the heart of a child when we come to Him and that is why our prayerss can just be utterances or nothing audible and He hears.

Sometimes I think a BYOB church would go over here. There is a small majority of people who want to pick and choose Bible passages to live and also which commandments they can leave out. The Bible as a whole is the better way to live and Seek, Ask and Receive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Wood, maam, if you had actually read my post, you would see that I did not say , I don't believe in God. To the contrary, I was simply asking Normal Joe if he was 100% certain that there is no God.
Now, as to my being "flip" I assume you mean flippant to which I must plead guilty. That is, if flippant means to be shallow, then, yes, I am at times, or even most of the time, shallow. To be shallow is, I'm aftraid, largly a male attribute.
You imply that God is not interested in football. Ms. Wood, just exactly how do you know that? You refer to God as the "Creator". In that light, God created football and HOoters as a great place to watch a college game while munching on hot wings which God also created. I have even been know to mutter, "God Almighty" as a sweet young orange clad server walks past our table. I am certain she was created by God.
Since God created the heavens, earth and all of us, he or she has to have a fantastic sense of humor.
Whether ohter names are used, does it really matter that much what the "creator" is called. To the American Indians, it is the Great Spirit, to John it is El-Olam and to the Muslims, it is Allah. It could very well be that they are all the same God or they could also be many different Gods. Is the correct God just the one of the white Christians who arrogantly call theirs "God".
I believe in a higher power and I hope there really is a Heaven. To me, being a "good" Christian is more in how we treat our fellow human beings while we are on this Earth. It is about helping others who may be less fortunate and protecting all that we hold dear whether that is our family, our home or our environment. That, Ms. Wood is the extent to which I can appear deep instead of shallow or "Flip".
I am playing golf on this beautiful Sunday morning. I would like to ask God to help me drive the golf ball 300 yards down the middle of the fairway, but, I know he/she is too busy to bother with my golf expertise or lack thereof. Oh yes, God created Golf too. Sometimes I wish he/she had not. I do try hard not to say "aww sh-t too often when I hit a bad shot.
Your first paragraph is a strong start in your lengthy post. You stated you did not say you "did not" believe in God. What bothers me is you "skip hopped" all around it though and yes I think it could be a manly attribute but the best way to remedy that is to say nothing at all. That is my point about "flippant". Its your life and negotiation is something you can accomplish on the golf course maybe in your final moments you can also cut a deal. I don't think so.

Yes God created my boobs and he gave the lovely ladies at Hooters talent to serve; he gave man knowledge to invent the concepts for golf and football. He gave you and I a sense of humor. You like to look at the front (top) of women; I enjoy the rear of men. I don't linger on the thoughts long and yes I have been known to say "aww sh-t" way too many times at that and other things. I am human too but when it comes to God I am life serious and death serious. I hope we are ok now!
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>Your first paragraph is a strong start in your lengthy post. You stated you did not say you "did not" believe in God. What bothers me is you "skip hopped" all around it though and yes I think it could be a manly attribute but the best way to remedy that is to say nothing at all. That is my point about "flippant". Its your life and negotiation is something you can accomplish on the golf course maybe in your final moments you can also cut a deal. I don't think so.
Yes God created my boobs and he gave the lovely ladies at Hooters talent to serve; he gave man knowledge to invent the concepts for golf and football. He gave you and I a sense of humor. You like to look at the front (top) of women; I enjoy the rear of men. I don't linger on the thoughts long and yes I have been known to say "aww sh-t" way too many times at that and other things. I am human too but when it comes to God I am life serious and death serious. I hope we are ok now!
Yes, my post was too lengthy and I aplogize for that. I definately should stay away from religous topics on this forum.

We are "OK". I respect your opinons and your right to live your life as you choose. Conversely, I assume you respect my right to an opinion and my choices in life.

I'll see you in Heaven or whatever the afterlife may be called. I sure hope they have golf courses. football and animals there. Otherwise, I don't know. It might not be Heaven. Should I end up in Hell, I am certain they will make me paint the place with a roller and pan to all of eternity. That would be hell.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my post was too lengthy and I aplogize for that. I definately should stay away from religous topics on this forum.
We are "OK". I respect your opinons and your right to live your life as you choose. Conversely, I assume you respect my right to an opinion and my choices in life.
I'll see you in Heaven or whatever the afterlife may be called. I sure hope they have golf courses. football and animals there. Otherwise, I don't know. It might not be Heaven. Should I end up in Hell, I am certain they will make me paint the place with a roller and pan to all of eternity. That would be hell.
You are trying to impress the male buddies again. My final post to you is if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your savior than you no longer invite hell into your thoughts or at least that is what others that have do. I don't think of it as an option. As for golf courses, football and animals I don't know what Heaven has but I will say it says peace and contentment and that is my goal. You need to enjoy the secular things while on earth but the Bible does state to not lay up your treasures here on earth but to focus on your heavenly home, there are no u-hauls behind you when you make your final trip. Yes I am looking forward to seeing you in Heaven after I spend time with Jesus first. If you want to impress the world I think you should but I care not for impressions of others.
Informed Opinion

Providence, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Zoltar,

You are the man.

Keep up the great posts.

They are creative, interesting, informative reading.

Thanks.
John

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

For God so loved the world he gave us a shopping season."

Wait a minute... Jesus came to give abundant life.

People who are dying with cancer never want more stuff. They want time—that's what's really valuable. Life itself is God's gift of time to us. In the greatest Christmas gift of all—Jesus—God gave us a relationship with a person. We're giving more when we give our time. Giving ourselves to others is the original Christmas tradition.

Seek out just a few people you trust and agree that this year you are not going to commodify your love for each other. Figure out how to give each other time, attention, and love, then channel the money you save to something that reflects the heart of Jesus.

Spend time with the kids. Sled, ride a bike, play a game, take a hike, go fishing. Give a massage, baby-sit, fly a kite, talk. Buy a pound of special coffee you'll only drink with with that speical someone. Write a poem, draw a picture, bake something tasty.

By giving time you'll spend less; you'll be free to give away a little of what you saved and God will multiply it.
John

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Informed Opinion wrote:
Zoltar,
You are the man.
Keep up the great posts.
They are creative, interesting, informative reading.
Thanks.
IO I agree with you. Zoltar, I think you and Hooters are on to something. No disrespct to Ms. Wood and other females, but God knows men have put with the flowers in the santuary and other girly decorations for years. Let's have Sports Chruch. This week the room is decorated with camping equipment, but we could plan other sports events. Picture it:

Welcome to the Church for Men where women, children, the old and the young are welcome too.

Our next gathering will be a room filled with golf carts, golf clubs, and a big screen with picturs of the golf course, but today it is filled with camping equipment, pine trees, and target deer, Help yourselves to assorted carbohydrates and high-octane Java.

The message is broken up into reinforcing sound bites scattered throughout the hour with two 10-minute illustrated talks that I hesitate to call sermons but were nevertheless Biblically grounded.

The morning ends with a "men's huddle" where, the message points were reiterated and each man is given an item to help him remember what he learned. In this case, a knife.

However, Zoltar, you kinda missed the point about the names of God. In the Bible His name is not Allah, Budda, or other Gods.

BTW, Zoltar is not a planet where your step mother is from, as you well know. I hate to break it to others, though.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

In the Bible the names of God are the One-God, but in the original language they are used to reveal God to us. Throughout Scripture God reveals Himself to us through His names. When we study these names that He reveals to us in the Bible, we will better understand who God really is. The meanings behind God's names reveal the central personality and nature of the One who bears them.

We must be careful not to make God into an "it" or a "thing" to which we pray. He is our Jehovah Raah, the Lord our Shepherd. God knows us by our name, shouldn't we know Him by His?

EXAMPLE:

Yahweh or Jehovah
(yah-weh)
Lord, Jehovah

Use in the Bible: In the Old Testament Yahweh occurs 6,519 times. This name is used more than any other name of God. Yahweh is first used in Gen 2:4.

Variant spellings: YHWH, Jehovah

TWOT Reference: 484a

Strong's Reference: 3068

Yahwehin the Septuagint: kurios…Lord, Master
despotęs…Lord, Master, denoting the omnipotence of God (TDNT), despot, absolute ruler

Meaning and Derivation: Yahweh is the promised name of God. This name of God which (by Jewish tradition) is too holy to voice, is actually spelled "YHWH" without vowels.
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
I have to believe God, who obviously by definition has important things with which to concern himself, would be the slightest bit interested in what name we call Him or Her, how we "worship" Him or Her, or which parts of the Bible, Koran, or whatever we take as literal or allegorical.
Hard to believe that God doesn't find such fixation on triviality amusing, or annoying.
By the way, if the Fightin Irish were to play the Dawgs, on which sideline would God sit ? So far, this year, the Catholics seem to have the one true religion, and the rest of us got some splaining to do.
Informed, I have thought about your question as to which sideline would God sit. The answer may be found in the Really New Testament,
Vince Dooley 12:41; Our Lord thy God remains neutral throughout all college football games lest he/she may be sanctioned by the NCAA (who think they are God) for "fixing" the outcome of said games.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Good Morning Blairsville: How are you today?
A good way to begin this week is to pray and ask God to open a door for us to share our faith, He will answer that prayer. We tend to be motivated by temporal activities that eventually fade away. Souls are forever; and people need to know the Savior, you perhaps can change someone's eternal destiny. Never be ashamed of the best news ever offered to mankind. You won't be driving non-believers away from Him; the lost are already far from the Lord and they need to hear your offer of forgiveness. Some good scriptures to begin with are the writings of Paul, I Cor. 9:16 and Jer. 20:7-9. A laughingstock to some but I can bear a little discomfort in order to share the faith.

“ Trollin along singin a Song”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

God lives in my Creek...
Normal Joe

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

foregiven wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy!!! God made everything
Excuse me BUT Obama said he did????
Curious

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

If that is the case, he should have washed that old mean spirit out of you by now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Chainsaw Five wrote:
God lives in my Creek...
God lives in the mountains all around my home where I am sitting right now basking in the sun and meditating on nothing but good. I know you love your creek for you often speak of it.
Informed Opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>Informed, I have thought about your question as to which sideline would God sit. The answer may be found in the Really New Testament,
Vince Dooley 12:41; Our Lord thy God remains neutral throughout all college football games lest he/she may be sanctioned by the NCAA (who think they are God) for "fixing" the outcome of said games.
Woe to those who dispute the words of the Prophet of the Football Vince Dooley.

We disappointed masses only wish He had taken a more active role in the Battle of the Dome to bring part the waters of the Crimson Tide.
John

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Laurel Wood wrote:
Good Morning Blairsville: How are you today?
A good way to begin this week is to pray and ask God to open a door for us to share our faith, He will answer that prayer. We tend to be motivated by temporal activities that eventually fade away. Souls are forever; and people need to know the Savior, you perhaps can change someone's eternal destiny. Never be ashamed of the best news ever offered to mankind. You won't be driving non-believers away from Him; the lost are already far from the Lord and they need to hear your offer of forgiveness. Some good scriptures to begin with are the writings of Paul, I Cor. 9:16 and Jer. 20:7-9. A laughingstock to some but I can bear a little discomfort in order to share the faith.
Hey, Laurel. Yea, spread the word. On another note, the churched and unchruched could join in on the advent conspiricy.

Advent Conspiricy.

Instead of spending money for gifts this Christmas, give time to your family, make gifts, and so on. Then, give some of the money you saved to those in need. There are a lot of people who whould not normally ask for a handout. One local congregation (Liberty Baptist Church) is doing a food bank on Tuesdays and they are getting low of food. So, if you could take some grub there, they could use it. What is your group doing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Young Harris Discussions

Search the Young Harris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min rename 39,507
Hair cutter 1 hr Chester 13
Chatuge Regional Hospital 4 hr Searching 10
EMC rate hike (Jan '11) 9 hr No troll 11
brmemc and terry taylor 9 hr Sence Creek Kid 18
Seniors should not pay School Tax in Union (Sep '13) 9 hr Super troll 280
car mendler (Nov '10) 9 hr Blindsided 31
•••
•••

Young Harris News Video

•••
•••

Young Harris Jobs