Are You Acceptable to God?
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#62 Nov 25, 2012
LOL wrote:
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".
Karl Marx
Welcome to the Church of No Religion.

Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#63 Nov 25, 2012
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text> Who is that?
I don't have a clue. How are you doing? How was church, today?
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#64 Nov 25, 2012
Timmy, read:

Luke 15:11-31

And what was Jesus’ main point?

Who was this parable really directed to?

I've heard the story many times in the KJO Baptist church, but I have a different take, now.

Jesus focus in the parable was not so much the younger son, nor even the Father and his forgiveness but rather the older son; and his purpose was to shock the Pharisees and anyone else who carries the attitudes of the older brother in the story into realizing that, as wrong as the prodigal was, they, too, are in a seriously bad position before the Father, which is made worse by the fact that, trusting in their own righteousness, big brother types do not even grasp their eternal danger. The parable is an appeal to ‘the righteous’ to grasp and grab by faith, the salvation even they need.
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#65 Nov 25, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
“The key to wisdom is this – constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth.”
Peter Abelard
Peter Abelard

Peter Abelard (1079–21 April 1142)[‘Abailard’ or ‘Abaelard’ or ‘Habalaarz’ and so on] was the pre-eminent philosopher and theologian of the twelfth century. The teacher of his generation, he was also famous as a poet and a musician. Prior to the recovery of Aristotle, he brought the native Latin tradition in philosophy to its highest pitch. His genius was evident in all he did. He is, arguably, the greatest logician of the Middle Ages and is equally famous as the first great nominalist philosopher. He championed the use of reason in matters of faith (he was the first to use ‘theology’ in its modern sense), and his systematic treatment of religious doctrines are as remarkable for their philosophical penetration and subtlety as they are for their audacity. Abelard seemed larger than life to his contemporaries: his quick wit, sharp tongue, perfect memory, and boundless arrogance made him unbeatable in debate—he was said by supporter and detractor alike never to have lost an argument—and the force of his personality impressed itself vividly on all with whom he came into contact. His luckless affair with Héloïse made him a tragic figure of romance, and his conflict with Bernard of Clairvaux over reason and religion made him the hero of the Enlightenment. For all his colourful life, though, his philosophical achievements are the cornerstone of his fame.
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#66 Nov 25, 2012
Jesus told Peter, "I will build my church" (Mtt 16:18). Soon after he died and arose from the dead, he did exactly that —He built his church, and he has been building it ever since.

1 What is the church?

The church is people Jesus built his church not of wood and stone, but of people. Peter was one of them, a part of the church's "foundation of the apostles and prophets" (Eph 2:20). Peter, like the other apostles, became a part of the church's one foundation. But he did this only by preaching the truth about Jesus Christ, "the chief corner stone" (Eph 2:20) so that all who follow that truth may be a part of the church too. The church is not a hierarchy of bishops and priests. All who make Christ the foundation of their lives, and obey him in faith, become stones in the temple of God. All those people are the church of Christ.(Eph 2:19-21, 1Pe 2:4-8).
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#67 Nov 25, 2012
Timmy:
The church is not like ice cream. Some people talk about "the church of your choice". They think of the church like ice cream that comes in various forms and flavours. You can choose any flavour you like. You can give it up when you are tired of it and feel like trying another sort of ice cream. But when it comes to choosing a church, what shall we choose? We can either "be tossed about by every wind of doctrine", or "build on the rock" of Christ's truth in love (Eph 4:14-15, Mtt 7:24). This applies not only to individual life, but to the collective life of the church. There is really only one church for a Christian to choose, and only one church for any church to be: the church that Jesus loved and died for.
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#68 Nov 25, 2012
As the CHURCH, we are "called out" people —called out of darkness into God's light. That light is the Lord Jesus Christ (1Pe 2:9 Jhn 1:4). There is nothing in this word to suggest a denomination or reading the King James bible, only, especially, since it didn't exist until 1600 years later. You see, we are the church. When we say KJO or whatever, we are dividing the dividing the church. We should multiply it; not divide the Church of Christ.

King James was responsible for making the interpreters of the Textus Receptus using the word church, because believed as King he was head of the political Church of England so he could control the masses, but you wouldn't know that since you don't read history books. Unfortunately, this heresy is still prevalent today, because people do not seek the truth. They had rather sit on their pews and listen to someone else tell them what to do and how to believe, rather than questioning and finding truth for themselves.

In Scripture, "church" never means "denomination". It certainly never uses the word "church" to mean a sect, denomination, schism or ism. The Bible thus simplifies the ideas wrapped up in the word "church" and it is wise for us to untangle ourselves from the confusion of other uses. Referring to the chapel as the church is relatively harmless since it is only a metonym. However it is just as easy to call it a chapel or a "church house" as many do. Referring to a denomination, sect, schism, or ism as a "church" is misleading and confusing and is certainly not speaking as the Bible speaks.

Observe how the meaning has been distorted. If you had asked Christians in Bible times, "Which church do you belong to?" they would have answered with place names, not with the name of a denomination. Today, when you ask that question, you nearly always get the name of a denomination. Do a survey and see. That just shows you how much things have changed. There were plenty of "isms" even then, but the early Christians never spoke of the "ism" they followed as their "church". A similar kind of distortion has happened to the word "faith" and people speak of different "faiths" referring to different isms, when clearly "there is one faith" (Eph 4:5).

The Greek word for "church". The word "church" is commonly used to translate the Greek word &#949;&#954;&#954; &#955;&#949;&#963; &#953;&#945; ekklesia except in a couple of cases where ekklesia refers to a non-Christian assembly. The ek~ means "out" or "from" and the ~klesia comes from kaleo to call. So ekklesia simply means the "called out" people —called out of darkness into God's light. That light is the Lord Jesus Christ (1Pe 2:9 Jhn 1:4). There is nothing in this word to suggest a denomination.
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#69 Nov 25, 2012
http://www.1611kingjamesbible.com/textus_rece...

And let me reiterate this very important point: the debate is NOT whether the King James Bible is better than the other versions. The debate is whether the TEXTUS RECEPTUS is more reliable than the Minority Texts, such as Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus.

Why did the early churches of the 2 nd and 3rd centuries and all the Protestant Reformers of the
15th, 16th and 17th centuries choose Textus Receptus in preference to the Minority Texts?

The answer is because of the following:

Textus Receptus is based on the vast majority (over 95%) of the 5,300+ Greek manuscripts in existence. That is why it is also called the Majority Text.

Textus Receptus is not mutilated with deletions, additions and amendments, as is the Minority Text.

Textus Receptus agrees with the earliest versions of the Bible: Peshitta (AD150) Old Latin Vulgate (AD157), the Italic Bible (AD157) etc. These Bibles were produced some 200 years before the Minority Texts (like Vatican and Sinai) favored by the Roman Catholic Church.

Textus Receptus agrees wih the vast majority of the 86,000+ citations from scripture by the early church fathers.

Textus Receptus is untainted with Egyptian philosophy and unbelief.

Textus Receptus strongly upholds the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith: the creation account in Genesis, the divinity of Jesus Christ, the virgin birth, the Saviour's miracles, his bodily resurrection, his literal return and the cleansing power of his blood!

Textus Receptus was (and still is) the enemy of the Roman Catholic Church. This is an important fact to bear in mind.
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#70 Nov 25, 2012
As Christians, we use words like "saved" and "lost."

What does being saved mean? I have asked Timmy, but he just says he doubts if other people besides him and his church are saved. I hate to use Timmy as an example, but he keeps throwing out the two words, so I found the following site that explains salvation.

Is it right on???

http://www.salvationexplained.com/
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#71 Nov 25, 2012
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#72 Nov 25, 2012
As an Athiest The Blairslle Devil believes all the bibles are nothing more than fictional stories.Silliest to say the least.Maybe it was accepted by those living 1500 years in the past and a few today,that have a limited ability to think.How did this god make the earth?The last time I checked my body it wasn't made of dust ,but cells,blood bones and a few other chemicals.This god was so powerful that he could see in the future,so according to the tree of knowledge,what was it's reason?If he was able to see the future,that's the utmost power,why didn't he just saysomething like this,"Let them forget their evil ways",but he didn't because he killed the people with a few exceptions and all other living things.As the British would say,"mere rot ,old chump" P.S.I don't take the side of any murderer.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#73 Nov 25, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
As an Athiest The Blairslle Devil believes all the bibles are nothing more than fictional stories.Silliest to say the least.Maybe it was accepted by those living 1500 years in the past and a few today,that have a limited ability to think.How did this god make the earth?The last time I checked my body it wasn't made of dust ,but cells,blood bones and a few other chemicals.This god was so powerful that he could see in the future,so according to the tree of knowledge,what was it's reason?If he was able to see the future,that's the utmost power,why didn't he just saysomething like this,"Let them forget their evil ways",but he didn't because he killed the people with a few exceptions and all other living things.As the British would say,"mere rot ,old chump" P.S.I don't take the side of any murderer.
Hell will be your eternal home if dont get Born Again!
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#74 Nov 25, 2012
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Hell will be your eternal home if dont get Born Again!
No thanks, that first time wasn't fun at all.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#75 Nov 25, 2012
Borned again,More rot old chump.I am proun of wo I m and my accompolishments.Do you really believe that the god,you beieve exists is so merciful and loving that he would burn people for not believing his existence.That leads me to believe he is just the opposite.The god you believe in never was just more myth.I feel like you are no better than the god that is described in the old testament , both evil.LIke most christians you are obsessed with hate for people tat don't share your beliefs.As a person that doesn't hate ,I place myself at a much more higher human level.Eplain this to me dummy,If this godyou believe is camping out up in the skies somewhere wasn't me to acknowledge him ,why doesn't he mke the scene.When the bibles were this god went in the sky ,not a hole on the earth or in the seas,if that were the case people would find him.God only exist in the minds of the gullible and emotionally disturbed and I think that describes you very aptly.Your beliefs surely haven't made you a better person.
John

Norman Park, GA

#76 Nov 25, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
Borned again,More rot old chump.I am proun of wo I m and my accompolishments.Do you really believe that the god,you beieve exists is so merciful and loving that he would burn people for not believing his existence.That leads me to believe he is just the opposite.The god you believe in never was just more myth.I feel like you are no better than the god that is described in the old testament , both evil.LIke most christians you are obsessed with hate for people tat don't share your beliefs.As a person that doesn't hate ,I place myself at a much more higher human level.Eplain this to me dummy,If this godyou believe is camping out up in the skies somewhere wasn't me to acknowledge him ,why doesn't he mke the scene.When the bibles were this god went in the sky ,not a hole on the earth or in the seas,if that were the case people would find him.God only exist in the minds of the gullible and emotionally disturbed and I think that describes you very aptly.Your beliefs surely haven't made you a better person.
“Then the King will turn to those on the left and say,‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons.[d] 42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

I see you are preaching the Gospel, again, Blairsville Adversary.

The eternal fire was made for the devil and his demons...and those who say,‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’ It appears to describe some Christians, don't your think, BD?

Matthew 25:31-46

New Living Translation (NLT)
The Final Judgment

31 “But when the Son of Man[a] comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. 32 All the nations[b] will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

37 “Then these righteous ones will reply,‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

40 “And the King will say,‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[c] you were doing it to me!’

41 “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say,‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons.[d] 42 For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’

44 “Then they will reply,‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’

45 “And he will answer,‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’

46 “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.”
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#77 Nov 25, 2012
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks, that first time wasn't fun at all.
It wasn't much fun for mom, either. I was so ugly, the doctor slapped my mom, instead of me. I hated the the cutting of the umbilical cord the most and I still hurt from that circumcision thing.

I'm sure you know he is talking about spiritual birth. Timmy thinks I am lost, but my spiritual birth was when I was 9 years old. I came up from that bed a new man.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#78 Nov 25, 2012
Hill Will,I have been a spiritual person most of my life,probably beginning when I was about ten and realized that the bibles were only fables.I didn't have a spirual awakening but maybe an intellectual type.That was when I learned to think logically and to ask questions.I don't believe in a god and his partner the devil.HUbbard telescopes haven't located heaven yet,but it has found planets that may have a form of life,possibly more advance than the brilliant timmy's.I wonder if the christian god claims he made them from a hand full of dust.
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#79 Nov 25, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
Hill Will,I have been a spiritual person most of my life,probably beginning when I was about ten and realized that the bibles were only fables.I didn't have a spirual awakening but maybe an intellectual type.That was when I learned to think logically and to ask questions.I don't believe in a god and his partner the devil.HUbbard telescopes haven't located heaven yet,but it has found planets that may have a form of life,possibly more advance than the brilliant timmy's.I wonder if the christian god claims he made them from a hand full of dust.
Christanity has become a mask to wear on Sunday and is typically devoid spitituality.

As for Christ Fowllers, we are a Church for People who Aren’t into Church – and that’s what we try to be to those who have given up on religion.(psst…we think Jesus gave up on religion too!) We will not judge you for your spirituality.

What, then, does it mean to be a spiritual person? BD do you agree with this definition of a spiritual person, below?

Being a spiritual person is synonymous with being a person whose highest priority is to be loving to oneself and others. A spiritual person cares about people, animals, and the planet. A spiritual person knows that we are all One, and consciously attempts to honor this Oneness. A spiritual person is a kind person.

The Christ I follow said to love God, love oneself and others.

It is sad that a Christian can go to church every Sunday and say their prayers every day, without caring about loving themselves, others and the planet. A Christian can belong to a church and devotedly follow the teachings, yet still be judgmental toward themselves and others in their daily life. Such phrases a "I'm a sinner saved by grace" is and example of such judgement. Another favorite is I'm better than I deserve. These people must hate themselves.

Practicing religion does not mean that you have invited the love that is God into your heart, or that you are turning to that ever-present love to learn about what is in your highest good, and the highest good of others and the planet.

My experience of God is that God is the energy (Spirit) of Love that created us and sustains us. He is my life. In my experience, "God is Spirit" (John 4:24) and "God is love" (1 John 4:16). Anything that is not of love, peace, joy, truth and kindness is not of God.

Praying to God does not mean that Christans are allowing the spirit that is God - the love, peace, joy, truth and kindness that is God - to guide their lives and actions.

A Christ follower is not into religion:

There are many religious people who are anything but kind. We all know of religious people who are extremely judgmental, righteous, and outright mean. Can you be both religious and spiritual? Of course! But only when you are operating in your religion from your heart rather than from the learned dogma of your mind.

Peace be with you, BD.
Hill Will

Norman Park, GA

#80 Nov 25, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
HUbbard telescopes haven't located heaven yet,but it has found planets that may have a form of life,possibly more advance than the brilliant timmy's.I wonder if the christian god claims he made them from a hand full of dust.
BD, you take the Bible so literally.

I agree with Carl Sagan...In the beginning, we were made of star stuff, even the inhabitants of other planets (paraphrased). We are made up of the same elements of the periodic table. Our carbon-based earth suits are made of star stuff of the periodic table: H, Li, Be Na, Mg, K, Ca, Rb, Cs, Ba, Fr, Ra...The periodic table we use today is based on the one devised and published by Dmitri Mendeleev in 1869. It wasn't knon when Genisus was written. Can you imagine what the first people would have said? What...God star stuff? What's a periodic table? Oh you mean dirt? Why didn't you say that the fisrst time.

Given the vastness of the universe and the fact that light only travels at 186,000 miles per second. I doubt that we will see all of the heavens in our life times.
blairsville devil

Crystal Springs, FL

#81 Nov 26, 2012
H.Will,How else can the bible be taken,if it isn't the words?Heof the sumplicity of the bible.e is a very good example of the.The mythical god created man in his ow image from dust.Then he is reported to remove a rib from poor Adam to make Eve.Why didn't he just grab another hand full of dust?Then he placed a tree of knowledge (I have no Idea that there was such a tree)It is reported that he told both not to eat from this tree.they did and that is the reason that humans die.That's a weak excure and cop out?IF the god was so powerful he should known the eventualities.They would ea the fruit,with the help of the devil,in the form of a talking snake. A talking snake should have caused some concern to both adam and
Eve. This is so silly it is funny.Why did this loving god not protected his creation?What he did to Adam and Eve is know as evil. I am proud to claim to be a secular humanist.Most people don't have an idea what there core convctins are and even fewer know that they were on the front lines of the enlightment and reformation in Europe.As a humanist ,I don't adher to the commune hippy lifestyle of the likes of Charles M.Manson.The line is drawn at the border of materalism.The Blairsville devil has been mostly bed ridden for the last three days. I suspect that the bible thumping chump tin man tim has found a means to transmitt a virus over the internet.NO prayers,please,no prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
County Govt. (Jul '15) 2 hr Cochise 29
Where's Timmy ? 6 hr Rob 31
What's so difficult about the 515/Walmart inter... 8 hr Cletus Cummings 11
Places for rent. Thu Sam 18
I want potato salad Thu Sam 7
McDonalds new jailhouse look Thu Ronald 5
Mayor interview Wed LOL 20

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance