Are You Acceptable to God?
Zoltar

Dawsonville, GA

#22 Nov 15, 2012
foregiven wrote:
<quoted text>
Praying for you.
Thanks. I would prefer, however, that you pray for my step-mother. She's the one who plays in the Painted Deserst and trys to pass it off as some distant and non-existant planet.

Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#23 Nov 15, 2012
Zoltar wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. I would prefer, however, that you pray for my step-mother. She's the one who plays in the Painted Deserst and trys to pass it off as some distant and non-existant planet.
I like that lady.

I commute between the mountains of North Georgia, and both coasts of Florida.
"Reality" seems a very transient concept.
On Election Day;
in North Georgia - the world had ended;
in Miami - the world ha been saved;
on Florida SW Coast, if your hedge fund had contributed to the winning politicians - life was good,
if not - time to get out the checkbooks for 2012.

Maybe the planet your step-mom lives on is more stable.
If she has wings and beer on her planet we should plan a field trip there.
blairsville devil

Polk City, FL

#24 Nov 15, 2012
The question should have been 6this,Is god accertable to you,that have the ability to think.As a moral person that is also law abiding,I would say t6hat this god that christians claim t6o be so loving and kind w3ouldn't6 coe close to being acceptable by me and millions of others.I have never had any respect for the mudering type,not6 to ment6ion aqll t6he atrocities that this loving god is given credit for.Yes he is so loving JOhn 3;16 t6haqt6 he killed all people o0n earth ,except a few.All those millions that don't believe he ever had a son will be burned for ever.That is about 4 billion people that this caring god will committ,with the help of his buddy the devil,anyone that believes in a god of any kind is delusional at best and crazzzzy in the extreme.
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#25 Nov 16, 2012
Blairsville Devil, your image of god is not our God.
Local Observer

Blue Ridge, GA

#26 Nov 16, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
Blairsville Devil, your image of god is not our God.
So tell us the "image" of your god..... B/c if you read & interpret the bible literally, then the "image" of that god is just as BD & others described.
A new day is dawning...but unfortunately, just as the bible says "many will be led astray"! Those are the very ones who fill church pews every Sunday & Wed & do nothing to help all of humanity....not just a select few of a "chosen" people! The war mongers are at it again & we will find ourselves in another "holy war" just like the ancient crusades that were fought in th name of "god"..... But what/which god??? Defending a land that was "given" to a "chosen" people?? This entire world was given to each & everyone of us to take care of & enjoy abundance.....instead we have allowed ourselves to get so led astray & off course that yes the true God will destroy this place w/fire.....or will humanity itself destroy it w/nuclear warfare defending a ficticious country in the name your god's "chosen people"???
Just wondering??
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#27 Nov 16, 2012
Local Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us the "image" of your god..... B/c if you read & interpret the bible literally, then the "image" of that god is just as BD & others described.
The image of BD's god I do not follow. I follow the God of Grace:

If you mean by "chosen people" the Jewish religion, they are not followers of Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ), yet, but someday they will.

The Jesus I follow said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (NIV) I agree with you. Humanity is sinful and separated from the true God. It seems that is the whole point of Scripture. As for all the 800 or so laws, there are too many. I could never follow of them. Religion is trying to make your self-image favorable to God by rules keeping. It is not your true face. Churchanity tries to put on an outward image. No matter how you try to shine this image, you will never be able to make it acceptable to God. The true-image is within. The God I know forgave us once and for all. When we accept him, we are accepted into a loving family.

God's tabernacle (His tent) is not in the building. Literally, we are his tabernacle. He dwells within us (those who love God and our neighbors as our selves). This is the bases of all commandments: i.e. Do not steal; do not murder; you know them.

I have known this God since my earliest memory.

Scripture tells us

ďThe days are coming,Ē declares the Lord,
ďwhen I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,Ē
declares the Lord.
ďThis is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,Ē declares the Lord.
ďI will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another,ĎKnow the Lord,í
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,Ē
declares the Lord.
ďFor I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.Ē

My God is the God of the New Covenant of GRACE.
blairsville devil

Polk City, FL

#28 Nov 16, 2012
What god of grace are you talking about?was it the one that belonged to an a girl friend of mine name grace,long ago.All people claiming to believe in the existence of a god are war mongeers,lead by the United States,the most christian country on the planet earth.Those that believe in a god are delusional or just plain crazzy combined with a lot of ignorance.Wake up and think you dummies.According to the results of the presidential election Georgia is saturated with ignorant people.
blairsville devil

Polk City, FL

#29 Nov 16, 2012
Hill ill,are you trying to deny the existence of the christian god as written in the old testament,the one that gets credit for creating this univese and all life there of?
GaGirl64

Okeechobee, FL

#30 Nov 16, 2012
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that lady.
I commute between the mountains of North Georgia, and both coasts of Florida.
"Reality" seems a very transient concept.
On Election Day;
in North Georgia - the world had ended;
in Miami - the world ha been saved;
on Florida SW Coast, if your hedge fund had contributed to the winning politicians - life was good,
if not - time to get out the checkbooks for 2012.
Maybe the planet your step-mom lives on is more stable.
If she has wings and beer on her planet we should plan a field trip there.
In North Georgia - the world had ended.....Gosh did I miss something
Local Observer

Blue Ridge, GA

#31 Nov 16, 2012
Hill Will... I stand corrected.... You & I follow the same God! Well said my friend... I pray that your post will start a dialog that will remove the scales from their eyes!!
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#32 Nov 16, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
Hill ill,are you trying to deny the existence of the christian god as written in the old testament,the one that gets credit for creating this univese and all life there of?
The curse of a godless man can sound more pleasant in God's ears than the Hallelujahs of the pious.

Yes, the OT predicts the coming of The Messiah. Also, the Word (Jesus Christ) existed in the beginning according to scripture. John wrote about him as the creator of life in the new testament, also.

"In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He existed in the beginning with God.
God created everything through him,
and nothing was created except through him.
The Word gave life to everything that was created,
and his life brought light to everyone.
The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never extinguish it." (NLT)

The light of God inhabited the world a little over 2K years ago. In Christ we see the glory of God in human form. Even though Jesus was persecuted, tried, and crucified, the light cannot be extinguished. Jesus' purpose in revealing God is to redeem people: "The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought life to everyone." Those who embrace Christ's revelation and redemption with faith will gain eternal life.

BD, it is OK for you to consider me "ill" and "even ignorant." I understand completely how following Jesus is foolishness to you.

The Kingdom is to be in the mist of those who call us sick and ignorant. Luther said we should be among the enemy (Adversary we call the Devil, no relation to your screen name, I'm sure). "And he who will not suffer this does not want to be of the Kingdom of Christ; he wants to be among friends, to sit among the roses and lilies, not with the bad people but the devout people. O you blasphemers and betrayers of Christ! If Christ had done what your are doing who would ever have been spared?" (Luther)
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#33 Nov 16, 2012
Local Observer wrote:
Hill Will... I stand corrected.... You & I follow the same God! Well said my friend... I pray that your post will start a dialog that will remove the scales from their eyes!!
Not a problem. Welcome All to the The Room of Grace. We begin our dialog by Christ Follower vs: Christian.

http://thinkchristian.net/christian-vs.-chris...

If one accepts the new spiritual life, what is the most important thing to be a Christ follower? Here is a hint in a fascinating letter to a multi-ethnic church, Paul's first letter to the Corinthians written over 2K years ago.

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."

Imago Dei

BD, why is your image of god hateful? If God is love and if we are created in the image of God (Imago Dei), can we hate and still be followers of Christ? Your image of god is not my LORD-Yahweh.
blairsville devil

Polk City, FL

#34 Nov 17, 2012
H. Will,I can't hate something that I believe doesn't or has never existed.The only two things I have hated is the evil g.bush and a sister that stole all my money from a bank account.She claimed to be a morman.You seem to ignore the old testament.I can hardly blame you for that.The bibles aren't only fiction ,but also silly.I ask you,if this loving god was so pow3erful ,why did he go to all the trouble to impregnate a girl to have a son? why didn't he just say.let there be millions of sons for me.Prophecy in the bible is just one of the many lies that the writers used to create fear among the people.In this physical world that is an impossibility,with as much validity as me predicting that Obama will win the election.And for Martin Luther,as a christian he left a lot to be desired.A hypocrit(worst than tim,on this forum)he hated the Jews.That,alone is enough to qualify for a trip to the fictional burn pit,the one where the loving and merciful god is the head boss and his son an able assstant.Hill Will you are obviously an intelligent person,how can you believe such nonsense?
for the greater good

Homer, GA

#35 Nov 17, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
H. Will,I can't hate something that I believe doesn't or has never existed.The only two things I have hated is the evil g.bush and a sister that stole all my money from a bank account.She claimed to be a morman.You seem to ignore the old testament.I can hardly blame you for that.The bibles aren't only fiction ,but also silly.I ask you,if this loving god was so pow3erful ,why did he go to all the trouble to impregnate a girl to have a son? why didn't he just say.let there be millions of sons for me.Prophecy in the bible is just one of the many lies that the writers used to create fear among the people.In this physical world that is an impossibility,with as much validity as me predicting that Obama will win the election.And for Martin Luther,as a christian he left a lot to be desired.A hypocrit(worst than tim,on this forum)he hated the Jews.That,alone is enough to qualify for a trip to the fictional burn pit,the one where the loving and merciful god is the head boss and his son an able assstant.Hill Will you are obviously an intelligent person,how can you believe such nonsense?
Are you just looking for arugments? Or are you trying to convert us all to your beliefs in nothing?
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#36 Nov 18, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
H. Will,I can't hate something that I believe doesn't or has never existed.The only two things I have hated is the evil g.bush and a sister that stole all my money from a bank account.She claimed to be a morman.You seem to ignore the old testament.I can hardly blame you for that.The bibles aren't only fiction ,but also silly. Prophecy in the bible is just one of the many lies that the writers used to create fear among the people.In this physical world that is an impossibility,with as much validity as me predicting that Obama will win the election.And for Martin Luther,as a christian he left a lot to be desired.A hypocrit(worst than tim,on this forum)he hated the Jews.That,alone is enough to qualify for a trip to the fictional burn pit,the one where the loving and merciful god is the head boss and his son an able assstant.Hill Will you are obviously an intelligent person,how can you believe such nonsense?
Well, BD you have unknowingly presented the Gospel. Are you sure you are not a Christian?

God hates evil, too. The religion of the OT tried to cover their sins through animal sacrifices. The priest of the OT would offer an animal sacrifice every year for atonement.

BD: Will,I can't hate something that I believe doesn't or has never existed.The only two things I have hated is the evil g.bush and a sister that stole all my money from a bank account.She claimed to be a morman.

HW: God is not found in the laboratory. He cannot be proved. But then agape (love) is not to be found in the laboratory, either. I agree. Humanity is in a fallen state. Like you, Yahweh of the OT hates evil, too. Welcome to the human race. Welcome to the room of Grace. The Room of Grace is a church filled with atheist of all kinds, even Christian Atheist who clam to know the true God. Is that all you got?

The OT is filled with stories of war, hate, religion, rules and regulations. Congratulations, You have presented the reason for the Gospel of Grace.

Yes, the human race must repent and turn to Grace. Essentially you have quoted scripture. There is none righteous, no not one. FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.

FORGIVE YOU SISTER

BD: You seem to ignore the old testament.I can hardly blame you for that.The bibles aren't only fiction ,but also silly.

HW: I agree, the Bible was written over a period of many thousands of years. Some parts appear to be fiction. For example, the 6 thousand year old earth contrary to scientific evidence, the flood that covered all the earth, etc. However, I can't ignore the fact that the OT predicted the reign of Jesus Christ thousands of years before he was born. The message of the bible is the greatest story ever told.

BD: I ask you,if this loving god was so pow3erful ,why did he go to all the trouble to impregnate a girl to have a son? why didn't he just say.let there be millions of sons for me.

HW: Because sin is in our DNA. Man is sinful. God is not. Mary was of the linage of David. A man after God's own heart. Christ knew no sin because he was fathered by God. Christ was the sacrifice to end all sacrifices. As far as why, he chose us to present the good news of Grace. Ask God. I don't have a clue. Is that all you got? Welcome to the room of GRACE.

BD: And for Martin Luther,as a christian he left a lot to be desired.A hypocrit(worst than tim,on this forum)he hated the Jews.

HW: One more hypocrite in the Kingdom. He said to "SIN BOLDLY, but believe even more boldly." I agree, he wasn't in to sin management like some of the Pastors I know in the 21st century.

BD: That,alone is enough to qualify for a trip to the fictional burn pit,the one where the loving and merciful god is the head boss and his son an able assstant.Hill Will you are obviously an intelligent person,how can you believe such nonsense?

Hummm, exactly the point of Grace. In my previous life, I was on my way to hell, too, if it were not for Grace.
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#37 Nov 18, 2012
1 Thessalonians 1

Common English Bible (CEB)
Greeting

1 From Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy.

To the Thessaloniansí church that is in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Grace and peace to all of you.
Thanksgiving to God

2 We always thank God for all of you when we mention you constantly in our prayers. 3 This is because we remember your work that comes from faith,[a] your effort that comes from love, and your perseverance that comes from hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the presence of our God and Father. 4 Brothers and sisters, you are loved by God, and we know that he has chosen you. 5 We know this because our good news didnít come to you just in speech but also with power and the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know as well as we do what kind of people we were when we were with you, which was for your sake. 6 You became imitators of us and of the Lord when you accepted the message that came from the Holy Spirit with joy in spite of great suffering. 7 As a result you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. 8 The message about the Lord rang out from you, not only in Macedonia and Achaia but in every place. The news about your faithfulness to God has spread so that we donít even need to mention it. 9 People tell us about what sort of welcome we had from you and how you turned to God from idols. As a result, you are serving[b] the living and true God, 10 and you are waiting for his Son from heaven. His Son is Jesus, who is the one he raised from the dead and who is the one who will rescue us from the coming wrath.
Footnotes:

1 Thessalonians 1:3 Or faithfulness
1 Thessalonians 1:9 Or to become slaves of

Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#38 Nov 18, 2012
1 Thessalonians 4

New International Version (NIV)
Living to Please God

4 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

3 It is Godís will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.[b] The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#39 Nov 18, 2012
Believers who have died

13 Brothers and sisters, we want you to know about people who have died[d] so that you wonít mourn like others who donít have any hope. 14 Since we believe that Jesus died and rose, so we also believe that God will bring with him those who have died in Jesus. 15 What we are saying is a message from the Lord: we who are alive and still around at the Lordís coming definitely wonít go ahead of those who have died. 16 This is because the Lord himself will come down from heaven with the signal of a shout by the head angel and a blast on Godís trumpet. First, those who are dead in Christ will rise. 17 Then, we who are living and still around will be taken up together with them in the clouds to meet with the Lord in the air. That way we will always be with the Lord. 18 So encourage each other with these words.
Footnotes:

1 Thessalonians 4:3 Or holy, sanctified
1 Thessalonians 4:4 Or holy, sanctified
1 Thessalonians 4:7 Or holy, sanctified
1 Thessalonians 4:13 Or fallen asleep

Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#40 Nov 18, 2012
1 Thessalonians 5

The Lordís coming

5 We donít need to write to you about the timing and dates, brothers and sisters. 2 You know very well that the day of the Lord is going to come like a thief in the night. 3 When they are saying,ďThere is peace and security,Ē at that time sudden destruction will attack them, like labor pains start with a pregnant woman, and they definitely wonít escape. 4 But you arenít in darkness, brothers and sisters, so the day wonít catch you by surprise like a thief. 5 All of you are children of light and children of the day. We donít belong to night or darkness. 6 So then, letís not sleep like the others, but letís stay awake and stay sober. 7 People who sleep sleep at night, and people who get drunk get drunk at night. 8 Since we belong to the day, letís stay sober, wearing faithfulness and love as a piece of armor that protects our body[a] and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 God didnít intend for us to suffer his wrath but rather to possess salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 Jesus died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with him. 11 So continue encouraging each other and building each other up, just like you are doing already.
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#41 Nov 18, 2012
Final instructions and blessing

12 Brothers and sisters, we ask you to respect those who are working with you, leading you, and instructing you. 13 Think of them highly with love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are disorderly. Comfort the discouraged. Help the weak. Be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure no one repays a wrong with a wrong, but always pursue the good for each other and everyone else. 16 Rejoice always. 17 Pray continually. 18 Give thanks in every situation because this is Godís will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Donít suppress the Spirit. 20 Donít brush off Spirit-inspired messages, 21 but examine everything carefully and hang on to what is good. 22 Avoid every kind of evil. 23 Now, may the God of peace himself cause you to be completely dedicated to him; and may your spirit, soul, and body be kept intact and blameless at our Lord Jesus Christís coming. 24 The one who is calling you is faithful and will do this.
Final greeting

25 Brothers and sisters, pray for us. 26 Greet all the brothers and sisters with a holy kiss. 27 By the Lordís authority, I order all of you to have this letter read aloud to all the brothers and sisters. 28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.
Footnotes:

1 Thessalonians 5:8 Or breastplate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are people so rude amd hateful on this page 12 min back the f off 68
Sushi Shack 16 min back the f off 2
Still proud of your President? 3 hr treasury 203
Restaurant health scores (Jun '15) 10 hr Advertised 31
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) 11 hr Dog Gone 130
News Small Ga. Town Struggles With Scandal (Aug '07) 11 hr Curious 52
Clinton still not working 16 hr Wondering 79

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance