Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
John,There could be other honest people in Union County,a few of them could even be women.The fact is that I met some of both,men and women.I did learn was that if you were paying a person to work for you ,they would tell you only what they thought you wanted to hear.Many years go I concluded that nothing could be destroyed,but did become other forms of matter.Later I learned that much smarted people thought the same.I posted last week something pertaining to energy and brain waves.It was written more in he vein of satire,but a part of it was objective.I was alluding to re-incarnation.
You are one strange character.
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

L.Wood I believe this may come as a surprise ,but I am not sure that removing prayer from schools has been beneficial to society.But I do suppoert seperation of religion and state.The reason being that the ten commandments were the only guideance that many children were receiving.When prayer was forbidden from schools it wasn't replaced,no teaching of respect for others and their possessions and love for others.Young children need both while their minds and consciences are developing.I don't think they should be told there is a devil behind every tree and they are going to hell at anytime.Instilling fear isn't a good motivating technique.
John

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

I really can't add anything to the conversation. I'm spent. I think I'll read the Internet.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
L.Wood I believe this may come as a surprise ,but I am not sure that removing prayer from schools has been beneficial to society.But I do suppoert seperation of religion and state.The reason being that the ten commandments were the only guideance that many children were receiving.When prayer was forbidden from schools it wasn't replaced,no teaching of respect for others and their possessions and love for others.Young children need both while their minds and consciences are developing.I don't think they should be told there is a devil behind every tree and they are going to hell at anytime.Instilling fear isn't a good motivating technique.
BD, thank you for this post. I agree with you. I think it is the responsibility of the parents first to love, spend time with, teach ethics and morals, and make respect a huge part of life, before they send them to school. I support separation of church and state. I know we both have seen where the state or nation embraces someone who wants prayer forbidden from schools and anything else they can dissect out. The woman who started her drive to get prayer out of schools was an atheist and I blame media as well for bringing her to light on talk radio and tv.

I am old enough to remember the great teachers and schools I attended where prayer and chapel services were a huge part of life from elementary all the way through two colleges. Now that is just my personal experience and it was good I feel. At the last college I was allowed and encouraged to use God and the Bible in all my papers. I felt the freedom to write from my heart many times.

I remember how my parents and others attended school functions and helped in school events. I give God the glory for bringing two wonderful people together and having me as a daughter. I watched how they conducted their lives and it prepared me for my own life and business as well. My dad worked hard and later when he did business on his own he was honest. My mom was a great helpmate and she prepared me for a home of my own. They cut no deals nor took shortcuts; I always knew the "look" too it was more beneficial than a whipping.

No fear should not be instilled in children about anything to extreme. There are right methods to teaching about Heaven and Hell. Many children today come to know Jesus Christ at an earlier age than I did. If one knows Jesus then Hell is not scary because one is secure in knowing it will not be part of their afterlife.
ronjon

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

John wrote:
I really can't add anything to the conversation. I'm spent. I think I'll read the Internet.
i wish that laural wood would follow your example and be spent for ahwhile doenst she ever run down she goes on and on about how w onderful and religious se is like she has to justify it all to convince herself wonder if sh talkes like she writes on topics like one of them chatty kathy dolls blah blah blah blah blah blah
George

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

I have found most preachers wives and their daughters, have very little morals and love to screw around.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...I am old enough to remember the great teachers and schools I attended where prayer and chapel services were a huge part of life from elementary all the way through two colleges. Now that is just my personal experience and it was good I feel. At the last college I was allowed and encouraged to use God and the Bible in all my papers. I felt the freedom to write from my heart many times.
Chapel Services in Elementary School, must not have been a public school.

I too remember public school when daily prayer was piped into every room over the PA System, for some reason these were all Christian prayers without regard for the Jewish students. There was no teaching of morals, you were simply expected to behave, not be disruptive, pay attention to the lesson, and not hit your fellow students. That was the extent of the "moral" techings in the long lost good ol' days.

Tell us what colleges discourage reference to God in writngs if those references are pertinent.
Informed Opinion

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Did God find it acceptable to have 20 children massacred at school ?

Did the NonChristian kids go to hell ?

Did the Jewish teachers that sacrificed their lives protecting the kids go to hell ?

If the murder asked for forgiveness did he go to Heaven ?

When you see the murderer in Heaven, will you shake his hand ?

Just wondering.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Informed Opinion wrote:
Did God find it acceptable to have 20 children massacred at school ?

NO!

Did the NonChristian kids go to hell ?

NO!

Did the Jewish teachers that sacrificed their lives protecting the kids go to hell ?

NO!

If the murder asked for forgiveness did he go to Heaven ?

YOU MEAN BEFORE HE MURDERED HIMSELF???

When you see the murderer in Heaven, will you shake his hand ?

YOU WON'T SEE HIM IN THE KINGDOM.

Just wondering.
WONDER NO MORE! All the tanslations are pretty clear that those who do not live by the Spirit will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians Chapter 5 is a good read.

New International Version (1984)
and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

New Living Translation (2007)
envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

English Standard Version (2001)
envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

New American Standard Bible (1995)
envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (2009)
envy, drunkenness, carousing, and anything similar. I tell you about these things in advance--as I told you before--that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

International Standard Version (2012)
envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that. I am telling you now, as I have told you in the past, that people who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

King James 2000 Bible (2003)
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of which I tell you beforehand, as I have also told you in time past, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

American King James Version
Contentions, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Envies, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like. Of the which I foretell you, as I have foretold to you, that they who do such things shall not obtain the kingdom of God.

English Revised Version
envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they which practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Webster's Bible Translation
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Weymouth New Testament
hard drinking, riotous feasting, and the like. And as to these I forewarn you, as I have already forewarned you, that those who are guilty of such things will have no share in the Kingdom of God.

World English Bible
envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Young's Literal Translation
envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revellings, and such like, of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that those doing such things the reign of God shall not inherit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 321 - 329 of329
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Young Harris Discussions

Search the Young Harris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
brmemc and terry taylor 19 min I DID IT 15
Looking for a friendly community 23 min Hannibal 7
voting in two states 1 hr I DID IT 1
Seniors should not pay School Tax in Union (Sep '13) 1 hr I WILL 279
Board of Education election 2 hr I WILL 15
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) 3 hr I WILL 27
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr rename 39,446
•••
•••

Young Harris News Video

•••
•••

Young Harris Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Young Harris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••