Are You Acceptable to God?
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#245 Dec 11, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
This is especially for Hill Will d other bible thumpers.You know who you are.Thereare mor than 7illion people on this planet.About 2 billion of them are christian.According to the christians they are going to heaven when they die.The other 5 billion are going to hell.according to John 3:16 their creator this god loved the world that he sent his son to die for the sins that he created.he didn't love the people he createde because he killed them,nearly all.I wouldn't call this god a loving god but a murdering monster.He ,along with his good buddy the devil is going to kill the other 5 billion because they have enough intelligence to believe that he doesn't exist.I don't believe in any of the thousands of god that have existed ,through history,but Christians do.You people accept a god that never was and claim to love a murderer.Even though he never existed.You condone his evil acts,that in my opinion makes you no better than your immaginary god.Hill,anyone with a little knowledge of history should know how the christians have effected the advancement of mankind.You can google and learn.I don't know more simple way to express my opposition to a belief in any god than to say that you believers can have him because I consider myself to have higher moral principles.
Thank you Blairsville Devil. I'm sorry, but I don't know the god you are talking about. She sounds bad to me, too. I can assure you Jesus Christ isn't like the god you described.

The Intentional Christian

OVERVIEW: This is a series of four messages dealing with Christian maturity. So many Christians are casual about their faith. In order to please God, a believer must be intentional about their faith. The Intentional Christian must be decisive, live a life of integrity, exercise their gifts and access God’s power. This series of messages explores the life of Paul, Joseph, Barnabas and Elijah to examine these qualities.

SERMON #1. Intention Christians Are Decisive
TEXT: Philippians 3:10-14 (Paul)

OVERVIEW: The intention Christian is a person determined to know God better and move away from mediocrity. Carnal Christians live casual lives; spiritual Christians are determined to always move to the next level. You must be decisive are you will live by default. Being decisive requires intentionality.

OUTLINE: Paul was an intentional Christian and we can learn from his example.(1) Intentional Christians live by a definite decision.(3:12) I love the Amplified translation:“Jesus, the Messiah, has laid hold of me and made me His own.” Intentional Christians make the clear decision that Jesus is the best person to master their life. Paul made that decision.

(2) Intentional Christians live by a determined priority.(3:13)“This one thing I do.” You must be intentional about living by God’s priorities.

(3) Intentional Christians are not deterred by the past.(3:13)“forgetting those things which are behind…” If you don’t learn to deal with your past, it will control your future.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#246 Dec 11, 2012
Cop wrote:
Look idots, I do drug infested women , I drink like a fish, lie like a rug and steal what I can.
BUT I'm fine because I give 10% each week to my church.
Cop, you sound like a pastor I once knew. Thou sins are forgiven. Go and sin no more.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#247 Dec 11, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you slept well. Here is a great verse on people and God: "Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord." Psalm 144:15
Thanks, I slept OK. I went to sleep too stinking early this evening though. I woke up and came to see what is on this thread. Thanks for your message. I needed it. I can go to sleep, now.

Laurel, you are one of the Christians that gets it. Keep on spreading grace.

“Christmas on my mind!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#248 Dec 12, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I slept OK. I went to sleep too stinking early this evening though. I woke up and came to see what is on this thread. Thanks for your message. I needed it. I can go to sleep, now.
Laurel, you are one of the Christians that gets it. Keep on spreading grace.
I made a commitment early in life. I am imperfect and in the eyes of society not very popular. That does not matter to me. Messages or posts sometimes reflect light. Jesus is the only true light and I don't really have to tell you anything about that you already know. The forum is good. Small amount of Cheerios at 3 am got me through to 6 a.m.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#249 Dec 12, 2012
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Matthew 11:25-30
New International Version (NIV)
The Father Revealed in the Son

25 At that time Jesus said,“I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Nothing hidden here,
seems pretty straight forward,
simple and elegant.

Course if you wish to be the arbitrator of how passages should be interpreted, which meanings are acceptable and which are not, well, it's understandable that such lines of thought should be forbidden.

John 13:34-35
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
blairsville devil

Polk City, FL

#250 Dec 12, 2012
I believe that people need to think with their 2100 century minds and not with those of the dark ages.Most people that I met in N. Georgia were afraid to express any logical thoughts.Somewhat as L wood expressed.She made an early committment,but was it her free choice or did she have a bunch of bible thumping relatives telling her what to believe and how to think?

“Christmas on my mind!”

Location hidden

#251 Dec 12, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
I believe that people need to think with their 2100 century minds and not with those of the dark ages.Most people that I met in N. Georgia were afraid to express any logical thoughts.Somewhat as L wood expressed.She made an early committment,but was it her free choice or did she have a bunch of bible thumping relatives telling her what to believe and how to think?
Yes BD it was my choice. I will tell you how it occurred. I had told lies and many times stretched the limit of my parents ability to control a rambunchous little lady who wanted her way. I did receive the hickory switch but me being me was very aware of right and wrong but I continued to stretch it. Some of the little ladies in church had been talking to me. I sharply told them when I get ready to make that decision I will decide. The week of revival (both day and night services) I found it more difficult to make eye contact with the pastor. He asked a question at the beginning of the week; if you were to die on the way home where would you spend eternity. I knew but it was the end of the week at the Saturday day service that I went to the altar. No one talked to me and no one coaxed me. Still a little stubborn I said to the pastor, sir I am going to kneel down here and I am not getting up until I know. It may take hours. He said I will be right here beside you and will not leave you. He prayed beside me and read from the book of Romans. My parents and several cousins were there as well. When I got up I knew and the little ladies were very happy and I suddenly liked them, there was no more struggle and I still remember the day and place. When I got home aunt peenie near us had already heard, I asked if I could go tell her, she almost ran to meet me halfway and hugged me and we walked on to her house for snacks and a good talk. School started in two weeks and of course I told all my friends. Oh I said I want to wait awhile before I am baptized, but I was the next week and I remember that well too. Lots of things changed and I did not get as many spankings. BD, I have had lots of temptations over all these years but I would not give in. I enjoyed setting myself apart and serving God.
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#252 Dec 12, 2012
L.Wood, The Blairsville Devil could never condemn You for what you believe.I think you were either 12 or 13 at the time of your conversion to acceptance .I don't believe in physicial punisment for children both mental or physician and it seems as if you may have suffered from both.What I noticed ,while living in Georgia that there was a great amount of peer pressure on the young people to believe as the others.IF someone had a differing concept of
religion they were considered evil.In your story I think you pr
obaqbly were exhibiting your individuality,maybe an innocent little girl,than a sinner that was in need of being saved.That's my opinion,tell me if I am wrong.
Informed Opinion

San José, Costa Rica

#253 Dec 12, 2012
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing hidden here,
seems pretty straight forward,
simple and elegant.

Course if you wish to be the arbitrator of how passages should be interpreted, which meanings are acceptable and which are not, well, it's understandable that such lines of thought should be forbidden.

John 13:34-35
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Doesn't it seem all religious texts are internally inconsistent and ambiguous ?

That way we can each project onto them our own beliefs and preconceptions.

I know it always amazes me how much the Disciples and I think alike.

“Christmas on my mind!”

Location hidden

#254 Dec 12, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
L.Wood, The Blairsville Devil could never condemn You for what you believe.I think you were either 12 or 13 at the time of your conversion to acceptance .I don't believe in physicial punisment for children both mental or physician and it seems as if you may have suffered from both.What I noticed ,while living in Georgia that there was a great amount of peer pressure on the young people to believe as the others.IF someone had a differing concept of
religion they were considered evil.In your story I think you pr
obaqbly were exhibiting your individuality,maybe an innocent little girl,than a sinner that was in need of being saved.That's my opinion,tell me if I am wrong.
I was 12. I always loved the Bible. I read all the time; the Bible and every book I could get my hands on. You are probably not wrong about some of what you wrote. I did have cousins that accepted Christ and that summer at other churches. I was the only one that day. I was baptized with 6 others and 4 were cousins. No one influenced me that day. My parents never influenced me but often answered questions I had asked for some time. I was in church from age 2 mo. Maybe mentally lasting things from childhood but physically it hurt at the moment but never scars or anything I had to hide. I was often punished for example that part I never agreed with. Yes I was very innocent as many were in that day. I guess I will carry some questions about my parents and me to the grave but I don't look back anymore like I did growing up. I am proud of me as a woman and like I have said I am willing to stand.
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#255 Dec 12, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>I made a commitment early in life. I am imperfect and in the eyes of society not very popular. That does not matter to me. Messages or posts sometimes reflect light. Jesus is the only true light and I don't really have to tell you anything about that you already know. The forum is good. Small amount of Cheerios at 3 am got me through to 6 a.m.
This is what I know. Your are a saint. Don't be uncomfortable with being called a saint, because that's what God calls you! That doesn't mean you live a sinless life, but that God has set you apart and placed the nature of Christ within you.

To hell with society. It doesn't matter what society thinks of you. Most Christians have a spiritual inferiority complex. In spite of the fact that God speaks very highly of His children, they have a low opinion of themselves. I think this a great fault of religion.

It is time to save Jesus from the chruch at large. The church gives us the perception of our identity is that we have been forgiven for our sins and saved by God's grace, but that we are still basicaly just sinners who are trying with God's help to live the kind of lifestyle He wants us to live. Church marketing sucks.

Do you see yourself as a saved sinner who tries to serve God to the best of your ability? That's how I understood my identity for much of my Christian life. But that description of the Christian falls far short of God's perception of those who have come to Him through Christ.
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#256 Dec 12, 2012
L.W. I was very sad when I read your story of "being saved." I think that innocent child is still with you. I never had that experience as a child, but later in life I was involved in Funnymental Baptist chuches, but I got over it. When I was a child I was alone when I trusted Christ. It was an experience alone by my bed. No guilt. No shame for not behaving. No praying on some alter until I felt good. How could I have sinned at such an early age? Life was a joy. I played. I had fun. My father, mother, and grand parents were very loving. To me God is a loving God, because He loves me as his Child.
Now, I understand why athiest like BD think our god is a murdering god. He must be been wounded by church abuse, too.
L.W. I agree with Bd. You suffered church abuse. Has this been your experience? A religion with guilt and fear is a cult. Take it from a recoveing Christian.
The guilt that you suffered and still suffer from is one of the primary tactics used on spiritual abuse victims, only taking second place to fear.
Why I left the church, but not Christ...
While we sat and listened to sermon after sermon condemning the "fallen nature of man" and how to correct this fallen state, the abusive leader was constantly twisting scriptures in order to brainwash us with guilt and fear that would be used to manipulate us to do their will (aka God's will). We were to "repent and turn away" from our imperfect condition, and take on the nature of our abusive leader (well they said we were learning to take on "Jesus' nature, but that was just another part of the bait-and-switch).
Whenever the preacher would blast us with a sermon showing all of our flaws, we would go home inspecting and re-inspecting our lives, desperately trying to make our imperfect human condition conform to this perfect state of being.
Religion is a god you will never please...because you will never live up to the expectations of the god in the pulpit. That's why I left church.
When we couldn't conform, we lived in guilt. Of course, we couldn't tell anyone else that we could not comply - so we lived in guilt.
How do we get rid of this guilt? For one, we need to accept the fact that we cannot attain perfection (religious or otherwise). Then we need to let everyone else in our lives know this also - especially those with whom we have had performance-based relationships in the past.
We need to constantly remind ourselves that it's okay to fail, it's okay to make mistakes, it's okay to let others down - it's all part of being human! We have to counter the message that told us "You are only worth something if you perform properly". It can be very stressful and frustrating when our worth as a person is based on our religious performance. This is no way to live.
I hope you see the light. Jesus didn't come to make us feel guilty. He came to free us from sin managed religion bull crap. Healthy relationships allow us to be human, and they accept our whole package as a person – strengths and weaknesses included – without trying to change us or make us constantly feel guilty for not measuring up.
Do you see the light???

“Christmas on my mind!”

Location hidden

#257 Dec 12, 2012
I guess you could say this is a dual post to Hill Will and BD. No I don't really think of myself on a day to day basis as a saint but I know Heaven wise I am. That means I do not think I am better than either one of you nor do I stand closer to Heaven than anyone who has made that decision. I look at church so much different now than I did at age 12. The preacher that sat beside me that day was my pastor but the one that delivered sermons that week was not. I choose where I want to go now or if I go at all. HW, we are the contrast that you can make that decision for Christ anywhere. My being at church is no different or better than your being by your bedside.I do not think of myself as perfect just forgiven.

I played all day long too; they had to beg or bribe me to come in and eat. I climbed trees, built odd playhouses, made and ate red mud pies, assumed dramatic roles, brought everyone home with me including pets and dreamed large and in color. I had a favorite grandparent and he died at age 8; I felt a huge void. Did I become any of my dreams? No. I became what I never dreamed I would be but I accept me.

Fear; there are some things as a woman I fear maybe out of ignorance as to how to react or handle. Fear of death; I faced it twice and I did have time to see light now that you mention it. No spectacular thing; just peaceful. Right this moment I am at peace; can't sleep but peaceful because I have walked some very dark hills in the past 10 years and I am still standing.

No I never set out to change BD's thinking I only answered some of his questions and told him my experience. He and many others needs to know someone cares about him as a person. I guess that is it I won't need to explain anything else.

Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#258 Dec 13, 2012
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Doesn't it seem all religious texts are internally inconsistent and ambiguous ?
That way we can each project onto them our own beliefs and preconceptions.
I know it always amazes me how much the Disciples and I think alike.
Yes, there are inconsistentcies and ambiguities, but these often result from the expectations of the reader.

For example, why should the creation story presented in Genesis be taken literally when science provides deeper and more detailed insights than were available to the authors of that time. Even the four Gospels have been shown to have originated in an oral tradition and not written until years after the fact, with each Gospel reflecting the political and social concerns of its time. To be honest, isn't it all just commentary revolving around the same central theme - reciprocity.

Again, if the Creator is seen as a point at the center of a sphere, with each of us occupying some point in the sphere, how can there be only one pathway, perception, or interpretation.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#259 Dec 13, 2012
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:23-24
23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.
You need to read the King James Bible!

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#260 Dec 13, 2012
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are inconsistentcies and ambiguities, but these often result from the expectations of the reader.
For example, why should the creation story presented in Genesis be taken literally when science provides deeper and more detailed insights than were available to the authors of that time. Even the four Gospels have been shown to have originated in an oral tradition and not written until years after the fact, with each Gospel reflecting the political and social concerns of its time. To be honest, isn't it all just commentary revolving around the same central theme - reciprocity.
Again, if the Creator is seen as a point at the center of a sphere, with each of us occupying some point in the sphere, how can there be only one pathway, perception, or interpretation.
science is wrong.
blairsville devil

Zephyrhills, FL

#261 Dec 13, 2012
Tiny tim ,You lead the mass in stupidy,foolishness,ignorace and all other descriptive words that have a similiar meaning.As you know your hero king james was as queer as a three dollar bill.And since you have no wife and probably never had,I am nearly sure that UR12.I am not the type that wants see homos beheaded,as was the practice during James's reign,but I do think queers such as you should get out of the closet. And this dummy, if it weren't for science people would still believe the earth was flat and the sun revolved around the earth.Since you think science is wrong ,you still believe the same as people did 1500 years ago.
jims

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#262 Dec 13, 2012
of course
jims

Selangor, Malaysia

#263 Dec 13, 2012
ohh
jims

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#264 Dec 13, 2012
i think so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where is a good place to buy furniture and appl... (Sep '07) 44 min tellico 3
Troubled times ahead! 47 min jimbo 2 149
Remove Benny Erwin as Coroner 2 hr Bob 58
Linda Curtis for Sheriff 2 hr THE WB 969
Bonnie Allen 2 hr JKCC 36
Sheriff's Departments Rumors 3 hr Might be 4
Democrat Convention in Philadelphia 8 hr Trail90 4

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance