Are You Acceptable to God?
Local Observer

Blue Ridge, GA

#203 Dec 8, 2012
Boring wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as confused as the link you provided.
Why don't you explain yourself & clarify for me then? Hill Will is the only person who has somewhat answered lots of questions that most "Christians" can't answer. Most want to reply like you just did...so please explain yourself....
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#204 Dec 9, 2012
Local Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you explain yourself & clarify for me then? Hill Will is the only person who has somewhat answered lots of questions that most "Christians" can't answer. Most want to reply like you just did...so please explain yourself....
Local Observer thank you saying that my meager attempts to anwser questions is helpful to you. At least I think that is what your are saying. What I think is important that we all attemp to continue the conversation.

This is not difficult, LO, being acceptable to God. In this kingdom of Christ you really do get what you see. That is the point of the whole thing. If you are looking for an unconditional relationship with God you will find it.

Begin The Journey

Isn't it amazing that most Christians claim to follow Christ, but in reality do not? The Word (Jesus Christ) was never about sound bites of judging others. The God who dwells among us in the Temple of our bodies can only be seen through us Christians. Because Christ lives within us and we live in Christ, the world sees the image of God. If we are the god of ourselves, the world sees the attributs of our sinfulness: hate, judgement of others, guilt mongers, etc. That's OK, God can change all of us if we only give Him a chance.

If you follow Thee God of Agape (unconditional love) it is a joy to wake up confident about being loved by God every day, without haveing to earn it by an act of righteousness on your part. That is the secret to first love. Don't try to earn it. Know that your are accepted and loved, not for what you can do for God, or somehow hoping that you will be worthy of his acceptance, but because his greatest desire is to have you as one of his children. Jesust came to remove any obstacle that would prevent that from happening.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#205 Dec 9, 2012
for the greater good wrote:
<quoted text>
blairsville devil, when and where did edison say those things? Got any proof?
What is it to you if people want to believe in God? you have No proof and can not prove that God does not exist.
But God does exist, there has to be a grand designer of the universe otherwise it does not make much sense.
So, are going to try to convert us all to your believe in nothing?
or do you just like to upset people.
Transformed by the Gospel. In the book "''multiply, by francis chan...

I bought my book at Wal Mart. In the section "''Transformed by the Gospel" page 59.

"So how doe we change a preson's heart? It's impossible." It is not just about geting us saved. God describes "salvation" and the transformation of the chriatian life like this:

Ezekiel 36:26-27

New International Version (NIV)

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

Did you ever consider, that BD, aka WRJ is like us. We had a heart of stone. Before we were saved, we depended on our own goodness. After we are saved we depend on the goodness of Christ alone (I will put my Spirit in you...).

The world is filled with people who will not go to church, so, they see the image of God in us.

A book I have read many times says "Your really have no idea what Jesus was like, do you?" So You Don't Want to Go To Church anymore...Sometimes both Christians and Seekers need to come to this realization.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#206 Dec 9, 2012
How should the truth of the gospel and the power of the Holy Spirt affect the way we approach helping people change?

"If by the Spirit you put to death the deeds fo the body, you will live" (Rom. 8:13).

Justification of the sin, or justfication of the sinner...what is it?

Please help me with this question, above. The church is the workplace and the marketplace. Martin Luther wrote "The only way to follow Jesus is by living in the world."
The commadment of Jesus must be accorded perfect obiedience in ones's daily vocation in life. You cannot hide from God in the Chruch Building.

The grace that Martin Luther received when he left the "Church" was costly grace. Grace is freedom from the self-chosen way and forgiveness for all our sins. In the depth of his misery, Luther had grasped by faith the free and unconditional forgiveness of all his sins.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#207 Dec 9, 2012
Laurel Wood wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, it does seem I have always wanted to share His Word and wisdom.
There's only one way--stay focused on him. Where Jesus is given first place, the church simply emerges in wonderful ways. He will place you in the body exactly as he desires. And as those relationships grow, you may find your sef surroundedby a group of peole who want to walk in more intentional community together.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#208 Dec 9, 2012
Grace vs: Leagalism

It's a familiar story in the Bible about the prodical son.

“There are two kinds of lostness. That’s the reason Jesus put the elder brother in the parable. You can escape God as much through morality and religion as you can
escape God through immorality and irreligion....Elder brothers obey to get things from God, and if those things aren’t forthcoming, they get very angry.” Tim Keller

“The first sign you have an elder-brother spirit is that when your life doesn’t go as you want, you aren’t just sorrowful but deeply angry and bitter.” p49

For us there is a true elder brother. There is one hwo loved and obeyed the father completely...one who earned everthing- he earned the robe, he earned the ring, he
earned everything. But at the end of his life, what do we see? He doesn”t get a royal robe, he got stripped. He doesn’t get the fattened calf, he got vinegar....And this true elder brother comes to us and says,“I did it all for you.”... In other words, salvation is absolutely free for us, but it’s unbelievably costly for him.” Tim Keller
blairsville devil

Polk City, FL

#209 Dec 10, 2012
will I disagree with objection with yur insinuatioin that I hae a heart of stone.,because on't believe anything that is written in any bible or book supporting the illusion of a religion.agan the heart is a pump and has nothing to do with the formulation of beliefs or convictionsor what is right or wrong.I claim that I have been more beneficial to humanity than you or nearly all peop-le that believe in a god.I am a humanist and that alone should give you some clue to my compassion for others.What I have observed in most people that believe in a god is ignorance,emotional,delusion,i mbalance,gulliability,lazy,dis honesty,arrogance,hypocritical and other unappealing character traits,such as being responsible for the vast majority of crimes, the world over.Most of the people that believe in a god, that is on record for killing nearly all the people on earth are enablers.But such a god never existed ,except in the minds of the ignorant,Those that have hindered the advance of humanity for many hundreds of years.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#210 Dec 10, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
Grace vs: Leagalism

It's a familiar story in the Bible about the prodical son.

“There are two kinds of lostness. That’s the reason Jesus put the elder brother in the parable. You can escape God as much through morality and religion as you can
escape God through immorality and irreligion....Elder brothers obey to get things from God, and if those things aren’t forthcoming, they get very angry.” Tim Keller

“The first sign you have an elder-brother spirit is that when your life doesn’t go as you want, you aren’t just sorrowful but deeply angry and bitter.” p49

For us there is a true elder brother. There is one hwo loved and obeyed the father completely...one who earned everthing- he earned the robe, he earned the ring, he
earned everything. But at the end of his life, what do we see? He doesn”t get a royal robe, he got stripped. He doesn’t get the fattened calf, he got vinegar....And this true elder brother comes to us and says,“I did it all for you.”... In other words, salvation is absolutely free for us, but it’s unbelievably costly for him.” Tim Keller
Thought provoking post.
Thanks.

I never understood the parade and you have provided something to ponder.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#211 Dec 10, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...Did you ever consider, that BD, aka WRJ is like us. We had a heart of stone. Before we were saved, we depended on our own goodness. After we are saved we depend on the goodness of Christ alone (I will put my Spirit in you...).
I've never understood the emphasis and focus on Salvation: we do not know where we were before birth, why the concern (fear of) where we will be after death. Birth and Death are the price of admission to God's Kingdom.

We are told that the Kingdom of God is at hand, and we are told that the 11th Commandment is the Prime Directive - the principle of reciprocity, do unto others, love thy neighbor. This is the core of any religion worth its salt, once reciprocity is understood then forgiveness of self and others is a natural outgrowth, it is there that the pathway to salvation (peace of mind, freedom from fear) lies.

This is an old message, Christ is one among many who have brought it to us.
Local Observer

Blue Ridge, GA

#212 Dec 10, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
Local Observer thank you saying that my meager attempts to anwser questions is helpful to you. At least I think that is what your are saying. What I think is important that we all attemp to continue the conversation.
This is not difficult, LO, being acceptable to God. In this kingdom of Christ you really do get what you see. That is the point of the whole thing. If you are looking for an unconditional relationship with God you will find it.
Begin The Journey
Isn't it amazing that most Christians claim to follow Christ, but in reality do not? The Word (Jesus Christ) was never about sound bites of judging others. The God who dwells among us in the Temple of our bodies can only be seen through us Christians. Because Christ lives within us and we live in Christ, the world sees the image of God. If we are the god of ourselves, the world sees the attributs of our sinfulness: hate, judgement of others, guilt mongers, etc. That's OK, God can change all of us if we only give Him a chance.
If you follow Thee God of Agape (unconditional love) it is a joy to wake up confident about being loved by God every day, without haveing to earn it by an act of righteousness on your part. That is the secret to first love. Don't try to earn it. Know that your are accepted and loved, not for what you can do for God, or somehow hoping that you will be worthy of his acceptance, but because his greatest desire is to have you as one of his children. Jesust came to remove any obstacle that would prevent that from happening.
I do seek Him....almost every waing moment! I too tend to agree w/BD somewhat about the Bible too. I recently had a personal experience where everything I "thought" about life, morals, principles...was turned on its head. It really was all an "illusion"! I won't bore anyone w/details, but just by asking older family members questions about things, I found out that the whole community "covered" up the "murder" of my grandmother. My poor uncle passed away believing that he was to blame for her death! It was 70 yrs ago & the only surviving sibling, my aunt, just recently found out the truth, b/c an "elder" in their church was suddenly hit w/a guilty conscience & asked for her on his death bed. She now wishes the guy had never let the cat out of the bag!! My point is that, how can any of us be sure that the Bible is the "infallible" word of God, especially since we now know that most of what is written was oral tradition passed down from family/tribe members?

Have you ever heard of astrotheology? I have been doing lots of research on it & it is very interesting..... I am continuing to seek Him, but as I study different religions throughout history, I see that most religions are very similar to "Christianity" & I have to ask the question.... If Christianity is the "only" way to heaven, then how are there so many different ways/beliefs, by a group of "Christians" as to which way is "right"?
blairsville devil

Polk City, FL

#213 Dec 10, 2012
Thomas Edison and his good friend enry Ford appeared to me in a vision or maybe just a dream,last night.Irecognized both of these chaps immediately because Tom(he said for me to call him that)had a light bulb and the car they were riding in wss a model T.Ford.I was congratulated by both for thinking and using good judgement.I asked Tom about hell and he told me it was a bunch of bunk.He said,"when people die their brain waves continue to live on a distant planet and when there is a likely child, it is born with superior abilities.He is still waiting for a match as is Henry.He told me this," in the state I am presently occuping,I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven or hell,a future life as describled in the bible or an individual personal god".I asked him if he had seen my brother Herb who died last month.His reply was that herb didn't have enough brain activity to qualify and when I asked him about myself he refused to answer.I realize that this account is hard to believe ,but just have faith.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

#214 Dec 10, 2012
Local Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Have you ever heard of astrotheology?
...as I study different religions throughout history, I see that most religions are very similar to "Christianity" & I have to ask the question.... If Christianity is the "only" way to heaven, then how are there so many different ways/beliefs...
I suspect that the principle of reciprocity has deep roots, and that we have been pondering these mysteries for some time.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo/homo_4.htm
...The first unquestionable stone tools were evidently made and used by early transitional humans and possibly Australopithecus garhi in East Africa about 2.5 million years ago. While the earliest sites with these tools are from the Gona River Region of Ethiopia, simple tools of this kind were first discovered by Mary and Louis Leakey associated with Homo habilis at Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania. Hence, they were named Oldowan tools after that location. These early toolmakers were selective in choosing particular rock materials for their artifacts. They usually chose hard water-worn creek cobbles made out of volcanic rock.

There were two main categories of tools in the Oldowan tradition. There were stone cobbles with several flakes knocked off usually at one end by heavy glancing percussion blows from another rock used as a hammer. This produced a jagged, chopping or cleaver-like implement that fit easily in the hand. These core tools most likely functioned as multipurpose hammering, chopping, and digging implements. Efficient use of this percussion flaking technique requires a strong precision grip. Humans are the only living primates that have this anatomical trait. Probably the most important tools in the Oldowan tradition were sharp-edged stone flakes produced in the process of making the core tools. These simple flake tools were used without further modification as knives. They would have been essential for butchering large animals, because human teeth and fingers are totally inadequate for cutting through thick skins and slicing off pieces of meat. Evidence of their use in this manner can be seen in cut marks that still are visible on bones. Some paleoanthropologists have suggested that the core tools were, in fact, only sources for the flake tools and that the cores had little other use.
GaGirl64

Okeechobee, FL

#215 Dec 10, 2012
Laurel Wood, you have some great post on here. Think my favorite one is about the simple religion. To me we take life and religion to literal. People need to live one day at at time and arguing about politics and religion. Jesus did not argue about it. We should live by example not by rules adn guidelines
Zoltar

Homer, GA

#216 Dec 10, 2012
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that the principle of reciprocity has deep roots, and that we have been pondering these mysteries for some time.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo/homo_4.htm
...The first unquestionable stone tools were evidently made and used by early transitional humans and possibly Australopithecus garhi in East Africa about 2.5 million years ago. While the earliest sites with these tools are from the Gona River Region of Ethiopia, simple tools of this kind were first discovered by Mary and Louis Leakey associated with Homo habilis at Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania. Hence, they were named Oldowan tools after that location. These early toolmakers were selective in choosing particular rock materials for their artifacts. They usually chose hard water-worn creek cobbles made out of volcanic rock.
There were two main categories of tools in the Oldowan tradition. There were stone cobbles with several flakes knocked off usually at one end by heavy glancing percussion blows from another rock used as a hammer. This produced a jagged, chopping or cleaver-like implement that fit easily in the hand. These core tools most likely functioned as multipurpose hammering, chopping, and digging implements. Efficient use of this percussion flaking technique requires a strong precision grip. Humans are the only living primates that have this anatomical trait. Probably the most important tools in the Oldowan tradition were sharp-edged stone flakes produced in the process of making the core tools. These simple flake tools were used without further modification as knives. They would have been essential for butchering large animals, because human teeth and fingers are totally inadequate for cutting through thick skins and slicing off pieces of meat. Evidence of their use in this manner can be seen in cut marks that still are visible on bones. Some paleoanthropologists have suggested that the core tools were, in fact, only sources for the flake tools and that the cores had little other use.
"because human teeth and fingers are totally inadequate for cutting through thick skin and slicing off peices of meat"

Oh my, it's obvious to me that you have not met my Mother-In-Law.
Zoltar

Homer, GA

#217 Dec 10, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
Thomas Edison and his good friend enry Ford appeared to me in a vision or maybe just a dream,last night.Irecognized both of these chaps immediately because Tom(he said for me to call him that)had a light bulb and the car they were riding in wss a model T.Ford.I was congratulated by both for thinking and using good judgement.I asked Tom about hell and he told me it was a bunch of bunk.He said,"when people die their brain waves continue to live on a distant planet and when there is a likely child, it is born with superior abilities.He is still waiting for a match as is Henry.He told me this," in the state I am presently occuping,I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious theories of heaven or hell,a future life as describled in the bible or an individual personal god".I asked him if he had seen my brother Herb who died last month.His reply was that herb didn't have enough brain activity to qualify and when I asked him about myself he refused to answer.I realize that this account is hard to believe ,but just have faith.
I am very sorry you had to waste a perfectly good vision on Tom and Henry. In my "vision" last night, I spent the night with Reese Witherspoon and Halli Berry. Too bad the alarm went off and woke me.
blairsville devil

Polk City, FL

#218 Dec 10, 2012
Zoltar old chap I know exactly from which direction you are comming from.Some of mine have resulted in a little more,probably.

“Christmas on my mind!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#219 Dec 10, 2012
GaGirl64 wrote:
Laurel Wood, you have some great post on here. Think my favorite one is about the simple religion. To me we take life and religion to literal. People need to live one day at at time and arguing about politics and religion. Jesus did not argue about it. We should live by example not by rules adn guidelines
Thank you, your encouragement is greatly needed and I can never put in words my appreciation. God bless you this wonderful celebrating Jesus' birth season.

“Christmas on my mind!”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#220 Dec 10, 2012
Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one way--stay focused on him. Where Jesus is given first place, the church simply emerges in wonderful ways. He will place you in the body exactly as he desires. And as those relationships grow, you may find your sef surroundedby a group of peole who want to walk in more intentional community together.
Thank you I am. I give God all the glory for everything. I would like relationships to grow. God bless you.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#221 Dec 10, 2012
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought provoking post.
Thanks.
I never understood the parade and you have provided something to ponder.
Yes, it is a different way to think about the parable.

Tim Keller is one of my favorite authors. He wrote the Reason for God. I hope to get his second book called "Prodical God."
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

#222 Dec 10, 2012
blairsville devil wrote:
will I disagree with objection with yur insinuatioin that I hae a heart of stone.,because on't believe anything that is written in any bible or book supporting the illusion of a religion.agan the heart is a pump and has nothing to do with the formulation of beliefs or convictionsor what is right or wrong.I claim that I have been more beneficial to humanity than you or nearly all peop-le that believe in a god.I am a humanist and that alone should give you some clue to my compassion for others.What I have observed in most people that believe in a god is ignorance,emotional,delusion,i mbalance,gulliability,lazy,dis honesty,arrogance,hypocritical and other unappealing character traits,such as being responsible for the vast majority of crimes, the world over.Most of the people that believe in a god, that is on record for killing nearly all the people on earth are enablers.But such a god never existed ,except in the minds of the ignorant,Those that have hindered the advance of humanity for many hundreds of years.
BD: It wasn't my intent to insuate that you or anyone else has a heart of stone. I look at my post to see what I said. I'm sorry if it offended you.

Yes, there are many people who murder in the name of a God. I don't think Jesus Christ murdered anyone. If you can find it in the Bible, please let me know chapter and verse.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein

Yes, I agree religion is an illusion.

As for you point the most religious people are ignorance, emotional, delusion...I too have met these Christians.

BD: But such a god never existed ,except in the minds of the ignorant,Those that have hindered the advance of humanity for many hundreds of years.

As for this point, you lost me. It seems that since the 50's, we have made great advances in science and technology dispite religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our towns food is terrible 1 hr No cook 74
How many Dollar General Stores does one town need? 1 hr We Need Tourist 22
Sheriff's Departments Rumors 1 hr Tree stand 2
Fannin County news regarding Mr. Stookey 1 hr Wee wee 21
Change 1 hr Underwater 84
Aarons Auto Care Center in Hiawassee 2 hr My turn 35
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 5 hr Stick 302

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance