Local Observer

Morganton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

This is GREAT reading...& I'm not so sure that I'm not leaning more toward this belief... How do we know that Jesus' resurrection wasn't just a parable, like most of the New Testament, explaining to our simple minds that we will/are reincarnated?
If you will really study this site you can find answers to all sorts of questions... & it all makes perfectly good sense!!!
http://personalityspirituality.net/articles/t...
Boring

Cornelia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Local Observer wrote:
http://m.naturalnews.com/news/ 038021_spiritual_preparedness_ survival_Judgment_Day.html
You are as confused as the link you provided.
Local Observer

Morganton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

blairsville devil wrote:
H.Will,How else can the bible be taken,if it isn't the words?Heof the sumplicity of the bible.e is a very good example of the.The mythical god created man in his ow image from dust.Then he is reported to remove a rib from poor Adam to make Eve.Why didn't he just grab another hand full of dust?Then he placed a tree of knowledge (I have no Idea that there was such a tree)It is reported that he told both not to eat from this tree.they did and that is the reason that humans die.That's a weak excure and cop out?IF the god was so powerful he should known the eventualities.They would ea the fruit,with the help of the devil,in the form of a talking snake. A talking snake should have caused some concern to both adam and
Eve. This is so silly it is funny.Why did this loving god not protected his creation?What he did to Adam and Eve is know as evil. I am proud to claim to be a secular humanist.Most people don't have an idea what there core convctins are and even fewer know that they were on the front lines of the enlightment and reformation in Europe.As a humanist ,I don't adher to the commune hippy lifestyle of the likes of Charles M.Manson.The line is drawn at the border of materalism.The Blairsville devil has been mostly bed ridden for the last three days. I suspect that the bible thumping chump tin man tim has found a means to transmitt a virus over the internet.NO prayers,please,no prayers.
BD... I'm not saying this is true...I am just saying that like you, I had/have questions. I have been researching & studying for a few years now & like a "contemporary" song says: "The more I seek You, the more I find You". Hill Will is speaking truth to you & anyone else on here who will listen!

http://orthodoxcatholicnew.tripod.com/id6.htm...
Local Observer

Morganton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

http://orthodoxcatholicnew.tripod.com/id9.htm...

Here is more great reading for you!
Local Observer

Morganton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Laurel Wood

Dacula, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Its heavy on my heart today as I listen tO Pandora Christian Christmas how we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Our Savior died at the hand of the Sanhedrin; supreme council of justice and religious body among the jews in Jerusalem. Was the trial lengthy like death row today? I don't think it was lengthy. Sin wants to hide its ugly head and makes it swift and certain.

Regarding David with all his attributes; (musical and praise offerings) paid dearly for sin all his days. He did a coverup of sin with battle by sending Uriah into the midst of it. He used those under him much like a topic that has been in the news lately. Petraeus probably had several lessers working or coveing up for him while he used his power to cover up his sin. To attain higher visions in life many do not appreciate the climb but undermind and risk all just "because I can." It is also being carried out today among men who you would imagine were very intelligent and law versed in Washington but look at where pride is going; the fall. Who will suffer; we all will without a choice.

I do believe Jesus performed miracles and I see that He still does today. Its not in our hands and one personal example is within me I could not travel enough miles and seek doctors to save my father's leg; but today he is in Heaven with a new body free from all disease and with the helpmate God gave him. With all their love, mischievousness and sweet spirits by their testimony, Heaven is their home and one day mine. I hope it will be yours also.

I was not a fan of the personality spiritual website, however I am a simple person with humble and simple approaches to the worship of Jesus Christ so I may not be that intelligent. Continue to read your version of the Bible; blessings will come your way beyond your wildest dreams.
blairsville devil

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The bibles ,thats all of them, are full of lies and contridictions Thomas Edison said to Henry Ford,"Henry show me a man that believes what is written in the bible and I will show you a man that doesn't think."the Blairsville devil will include women to what Tom said.While the continents of N and S. America still believes in fary tales th remainder is finally realizing the bibles are fiction and designed to fleece the weak,delusional, ignorant emotional disturbed.There is absolutely no evidence that either a god or his son ever existed.Maybe I should have written,instead of north America I should have wrote the southern states.According to the last presidental election that is the area where most delusional people are to be found.That is one of the main reasons I left there for an area where ,At least most people can think.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

blairsville devil wrote:
The bibles ,thats all of them, are full of lies and contridictions Thomas Edison said to Henry Ford,"Henry show me a man that believes what is written in the bible and I will show you a man that doesn't think."the Blairsville devil will include women to what Tom said.While the continents of N and S. America still believes in fary tales th remainder is finally realizing the bibles are fiction and designed to fleece the weak,delusional, ignorant emotional disturbed.There is absolutely no evidence that either a god or his son ever existed.Maybe I should have written,instead of north America I should have wrote the southern states.According to the last presidental election that is the area where most delusional people are to be found.That is one of the main reasons I left there for an area where ,At least most people can think.
BD, I love you just like God does. When you acknowledge Jesus Christ your mind will be changed. Instead of you coming to Topix with your "wrong" agenda you will bring that new heart with positive God-filled thoughts and write them. You will stop all the attacking on natives, Christians and anyone that does not think like you. The renewing of your mind will make you more intelligent and your writings will make sense instead of that rambling you do.
Hill Will

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Bears Way wrote:
Zoltar, I am playing golf tomorrow withy son in law, brother , and my friend the Baptist minister. He cusses like a sailor when he slices, hooks, or misses a put. So you know that is all he does, he
Can only be normal with us. When he is on the pulpit he becomes a two faced ass.
God just laughs at him and gives me a better score.
Bears Way, who do you like more? The golf friend Baptist minister or the two faced ass in the pulpit. It sounds like he needs to have chruch on the golf course. Sounds like more fun to me. I might even attend his church on the golf course.
Hill Will

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Local Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
BD... I'm not saying this is true...I am just saying that like you, I had/have questions. I have been researching & studying for a few years now & like a "contemporary" song says: "The more I seek You, the more I find You". Hill Will is speaking truth to you & anyone else on here who will listen!
http://orthodoxcatholicnew.tripod.com/id6.htm...
L.O., I like it here because there are people like BD, Timmy and you. Unlike regular church, we are allowed to have questions here.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

"Michael teachings" is just another form of religion. Religion is a god you will never please.

Your question, "How dow we know that Jesus' resurrection wasn'just a parable, like most to the New Testament, explaining to our simple minds that we will/are reincarnated?" It sounds good, but I wouldn't trust Michael.

I too have done my research. Instead of 35 lives, scripture teaches we have fewer posibilities. It's not new math or new age. The 1st life is the life we were born into our earth suit (2) If we become a Christian we die to the god of our-selves.(3) We are resurrected to a new life in Christ (the one God) and (4) When our spirit is separated from our earth suit we die a physical death.(5) Our spirit dies for eternity or is resurrected by the Spirit of God the Eternal Existent One. I like the old formula better than complicated new math. Sorry, I can't figure your complicated math out. I'm just a "simple minded" uneducated-dulusional-Christia n with only 10 years of college.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

I assume the majority of people are over 18 on this particular forum. I am not going far enough to say mature though.

I am amazed that you are well learned in electronics and hobbies both expensive; yet have never acknowledged Jesus Christ which is free.

Maybe you think within your own self you can just joke, con and wing it into Heaven the fun way. Wanting a golf course church, being drunk, singing karaoke, putting down every local restaurant, allowing politics to be your god and making fun of the people that were born and raised here seems to be a daily way of life.

In finalization I have posted about Jesus Christ and I am not ashamed to stand up. It is a simple request and wherever your travels take you I hope you listen to the words of the song "Mary, did you know" and many other christian songs and remember just how you came to be. The old you will disappear and the new you will not only celebrate Christmas but every other day the rest of your life with renewed zest, meaning and vitality. You will want to share that with your buddies. My conscious is clear that I have shared Jesus Christ to a few.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Laurel, you sound like you are leaving this church of raggamuffins. Was it something we said? You said, "In finalization I have posted about Jesus Christ and I am not ashamed to stand up."

This God is no distant God who sent his Son with a list of rules to follow or rituals to practice. His mission was to invide us into His love--into relationship with our Father that he described as friendship. But what do we do? We are so quichly captured by a work-driven and performanced-based religious clutter that thrives on guilt, conformity, and manipulation that it devours the very love it seeks to sustain. Spread the LOVE my dear Laurel.

Your may not read my random ramblings, but...

Right on sister Laurel. With all our sins, we are acceptable to God if we believe. Welcome to the religion of maleness: We not only celebrate life at Christimas time, church, or the golf course, we celebrate life 24/7/365 whever we are. It is great that you share Jesus Christ who came that we may have life and have it more abundantly. If we are saved by the good news of GRACE, we have a fun filled life in Christ.

God must have a sense of humor...he made us. Yes, we sin boldly, but some of us believe more boldly still.

Wanting a golf course church??? It would be rather unplesnt during a cold rain storm. Levity is not a bad thing. The point is, Church is where Christians are 24/7/365. I just think if Christians could be themselves, they would not have to put on another face. Christias should not put on their sad face in church and expect the world to fill the Temple of bricks and wood. We are his living temple. The problem is who do they love? The face of your every day self or the face of another.

It sounds like a laundry list of sins. Life in Christ means work on them together...being drunk? Clearly scripture says too much wine will make you drunk. As for your list of other imaginary sins:

,singing karaoke??? I never sung it...couldn't carry a tune in a bucket

putting down every local restaurant,??? Personally, I can't think of one I don't like.

allowing politics to be your god??? Jesus wasn't a republican.

and making fun of the people that were born and raised here seems to be a daily way of life. So, what of it??? It is all part of having fun.

Mary did you know is a great song. I love to listen to Pandora as well as The FISH and Spirit on the cable channel. I also like country, rock, Jonny Cash, just about anything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I think I used the wrong word in "finalization". Sorry. The post was not just to the posters on Blairsville topix but to anyone who stopped in to read. In that I was unclear. Oh I of all people very well know God has a sense of humor for He made me! I don't know anything to add to your post.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Laurel Wood wrote:
I think I used the wrong word in "finalization". Sorry. The post was not just to the posters on Blairsville topix but to anyone who stopped in to read. In that I was unclear. Oh I of all people very well know God has a sense of humor for He made me! I don't know anything to add to your post.
In Christ Alone I Also Stand

In the classic book "Life Together" The classic Exploration of Christian Community, Dietrich Bonhoeffer wrote, "The Christian is the man who no longer seeks his salvation, his deliverance, his justifiction in himself, but in Jesus Christ alone. If somebody asks him, where is your salvation, your righteousness. He points to the Word of God in Jesus Christ, which assures him salvation and righteousness."

"But God has put this word into te mouth of men in order that it may be communicated to other men. When one person is struck by the Word, he speaks it to others."
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Laurel said she started the day with a heavy heart. Sometning to do with God.

I know for a fact she was feeling heavy heart because of her gigantic boobs.

Zoltar told me so.
Hill Will

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bears Way wrote:
Zoltar told me so.
Boob Boob The Bear, have you seen Yogi, lately?
Laurel Wood

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Bears Way wrote:
Zoltar told me so.
Mr. Way, you have a heavy case of wishful thinking. I am glad God keeps what I have healthy.
Laurel Wood

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Hill Will wrote:
<quoted text>
In Christ Alone I Also Stand
In the classic book "Life Together" The classic Exploration of Christian Community, Dietrich Bonhoeffer wrote, "The Christian is the man who no longer seeks his salvation, his deliverance, his justifiction in himself, but in Jesus Christ alone. If somebody asks him, where is your salvation, your righteousness. He points to the Word of God in Jesus Christ, which assures him salvation and righteousness."
"But God has put this word into te mouth of men in order that it may be communicated to other men. When one person is struck by the Word, he speaks it to others."
Thank you, it does seem I have always wanted to share His Word and wisdom.
for the greater good

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

blairsville devil wrote:
blairsville devil, when and where did edison say those things? Got any proof?
What is it to you if people want to believe in God? you have No proof and can not prove that God does not exist.
But God does exist, there has to be a grand designer of the universe otherwise it does not make much sense.

So, are going to try to convert us all to your believe in nothing?
or do you just like to upset people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of329
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Young Harris Discussions

Search the Young Harris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min silverfox 39,825
tommy passmore (Mar '09) 20 min Just4You 90
brmemc and terry taylor 44 min Hello 43
Doctors Don't report other Doctors Mistakes 55 min john Pro Publica 1
see what your doctor is prescribing to other pa... 1 hr john Pro Publica 1
Floridiots han Spring time 1 hr Timmy_ 44
School Board Qualifying time 1 hr I KNOW 155
•••
•••

Young Harris News Video

•••
•••

Young Harris Jobs