Any Buddhist or Taoist gatherings locally?

Posted in the Young Harris Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Buddhist

Clarkesville, GA

#1 Dec 29, 2009
Is anyone here Buddhist or Taoist? I think it would be nice to have a sangha or temple to go to on sundays without having to drive to athens or atlanta. Does anyone else feel the same?
Mike

Cleveland, GA

#2 Dec 30, 2009
Nope
Towns

Jefferson, GA

#3 Dec 30, 2009
Buddhist wrote:
Is anyone here Buddhist or Taoist? I think it would be nice to have a sangha or temple to go to on sundays without having to drive to athens or atlanta. Does anyone else feel the same?
Huhn?
Possum

New Boston, TX

#4 Jan 1, 2010
Nope,But the KKK meets at 180 and spur every Tuesday night and goes from there.
Buddhist

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Jan 2, 2010
Why would I want to meet up with a bunch of individuals who meet to share their hatred of other people.
Possum

New Boston, TX

#6 Jan 2, 2010
OH,Its fun,we got lots of beer and liquor,guns and big trucks,usually a sleezy ho or two.violence is always an option.
Hangin Tender

Fairfield, TX

#7 Jan 2, 2010
What the hell is a Buddist? that is one of them fat freaky lookin things that you is supposed to rubs its belly fer luck, sounds like a gay thing to me.
Hangin Tender

Fairfield, TX

#8 Jan 2, 2010
Buddhist wrote:
Why would I want to meet up with a bunch of individuals who meet to share their hatred of other people.
Is this Buddhist thing a homosexual baised religion
jinky jinks

Fairfield, TX

#9 Jan 2, 2010
Buddhist wrote:
I have taiost fer breakfast every Morn.Some times I like an egg on it, or some butter an jelly.
Possum

New Boston, TX

#10 Jan 2, 2010
Its a thang fer short-fatty faggots.They dont look good in tham leather chaps so they become"""Taoist ,Buddhists"""or they become cage fighters or wrestlers.
buddhist

Cleveland, GA

#11 Jan 2, 2010
What on earth are you people talking about?

Buddhism and Taoism are not for or against any sexual preference.

Buddhism and Taoism are anti-dogmatic non-faith-based belief systems. They are about discovering what is true based on your own efforts and observations rather than accepting things as true because a book, another person, or some external authority says it is so.

“Shoots a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#12 Jan 2, 2010
Buddhist wrote:
Are you attending college here?
down home

Fairfield, TX

#13 Jan 2, 2010
buddhist wrote:
Buddhism and Taoism are anti-dogmatic non-faith-based belief systems. They are about discovering what is true based on your own efforts and observations rather than accepting things as true because a book, another person, or some external authority says it is so.
Are you saying that you may swing ither way? That this faith is like the yogert thing wher you take drugs and meditate.Do you become one with the birds? for instance.
buddhist

Cleveland, GA

#14 Jan 2, 2010
I was born and raised locally.

“Shoots a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#15 Jan 2, 2010
buddhist wrote:
I was born and raised locally.
I may be mistaken, but is your faith based on exploration of the oversoul.
buddhist

Cleveland, GA

#16 Jan 2, 2010
No I am not homosexual, nor do I use drugs. Meditation is only a tool to examine your own mind and existence. The goal is to figure out what is true based on your own efforts rather than accepting what religious books or holy men or society in general tells you is true. It's about finding truth on your own.
Possum

New Boston, TX

#17 Jan 2, 2010
buddhist wrote:
So,You people dont like dogs?
buddhist

Cleveland, GA

#18 Jan 2, 2010
Dogs are fine, possums are another matter however.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp...

Definition
dogma noun
/ˈdɒg.m& #601;/US pronunciation symbol/ˈdɑ ːg-/ n [C or U] disapproving
a fixed, especially religious, belief or set of beliefs that people are expected to accept without any doubts
Possum

New Boston, TX

#19 Jan 2, 2010
buddhist wrote:
No I am not homosexual, nor do I use drugs. Meditation is only a tool to examine your own mind and existence. The goal is to figure out what is true based on your own efforts rather than accepting what religious books or holy men or society in general tells you is true. It's about finding truth on your own.
I can identify with that,but drugs and alcohol have always helped me.
buddhist

Cleveland, GA

#20 Jan 2, 2010
Slowpok,

I am not sure I could give you an adequate response without being raked over the coals by the ignorant masses here. I don't see myself as some new age hippy, I am only concerned with finding the truth.

I do currently subscribe to a non-dualistic view of reality, if that answers your oversoul question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Blairsville Restaurants 5 hr Burger Boy 23
Taco Bell 6 hr Jemima 29
Cty Council MeetingDec 2, 2014 6 hr billybob 11
sheriff 2016 10 hr KENDALL 83
What do you buy a Floridiot for Christmas? 17 hr Just a Thought 12
Towns County Girls Basketball Coach Wed STUDENT 7
Loonie Liberals Wed Look 68

Young Harris News Video

Young Harris Dating
Find my Match