Adams

Dawsonville, GA

#41 Nov 22, 2011
Tom, just trying to keep you bottom feeders in line!
The Noid

Commerce, GA

#42 Nov 22, 2011
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry bub but your not a business owner. If you were you would know how the city screws over the business owners. I would say you are one of the nuts.
Just curious, there Reb. What business do you own in the city? Thought you just had cows.
The Noid

Commerce, GA

#43 Nov 22, 2011
...oh yeah, and cow sh*t.
Truth hurts sometimes

Homer, GA

#44 Nov 22, 2011
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry bub but your not a business owner. If you were you would know how the city screws over the business owners. I would say you are one of the nuts.
Martin, you should know better than to print the truth! This dude Reb knows it all, and here you go saying that you are a city business owner. How dare you, and Reb thanks for knowing it all and setting him/her straight.

He has gained all his knowledge from the mountain nut case and the lady fruitcake.

Now sit back, he will tell us again that he has lived here all his life (so have I), earned the right to complain and how bad the bank and politics is (but yet he has borrowed money there)
He will tell you that come next year there will be change (he gets that word from Obama), but just in case nothing changes, he will tell you the voting process is rigged!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#45 Nov 22, 2011
The Noid wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, there Reb. What business do you own in the city? Thought you just had cows.
I own the sky diving company across from city hall. I have a free lesson for you anytime you want to redeem it. Bring all your other alias with you and they can ride along for free.

Location hidden

#46 Nov 22, 2011
Truth hurts sometimes wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin, you should know better than to print the truth! This dude Reb knows it all, and here you go saying that you are a city business owner. How dare you, and Reb thanks for knowing it all and setting him/her straight.
He has gained all his knowledge from the mountain nut case and the lady fruitcake.
Now sit back, he will tell us again that he has lived here all his life (so have I), earned the right to complain and how bad the bank and politics is (but yet he has borrowed money there)
He will tell you that come next year there will be change (he gets that word from Obama), but just in case nothing changes, he will tell you the voting process is rigged!
Thanks for the glowing endorsement Moonie.
The Noid

Commerce, GA

#47 Nov 22, 2011
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the glowing endorsement Moonie.
Ooops, Rebbie made a mistake as usual. Moonie didn't write that comment, nor many others that Rebbie thinks he does. But he did think the skydiving reply was pretty clever.
Riddler

Texarkana, TX

#48 Nov 22, 2011
Slacks Rob speaking now that was a parts guy.Holt Towensend,Dave Chapman and Roy were the A team.Tanners did good and there hasnt been a NAPA in a while IMHO>

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#49 Nov 22, 2011
R Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please give some real life examples of how the local city and county government authorities are consistently business unfriendly. I have not seen it. I think they closed because of the general poor economy and the fact that there are too many auto parts stores in too small a market
Sure. It may be uncertain why this business closed. However, there are businesses that have left Blairsville because of unfriendly business and regulatory attitudes.

I, for the sake of the business owner wonít name them, although many loyal customers know who they are. And I wonít go into individual unethical treatments and/or the excessive enforcements or lack of enforcements depending upon the individuals or types of businesses. But the discrimination exists nevertheless.

The two most recent examples you may actually read about in past issues of the North Georgia News.

In short, and most recently offensive is the manner in which the Mayor, Council Members,treated not only business, but also the people of Blairsville, who attended meeting attempting to express their views with regard to the yet to be resolved SIGN ORDINANCE. You may have noticed the Town is now being sued, needlessly at the taxpayerís expense, for this fiasco and utter lack of leadership.

Also, the Town's REVITILATION has been in question, but again for the most part those of us living in Blairsville/Union County are invisible.

All the while, real infrastructure, i.e. water/sewer and basic services appear to take a back seat as the aforementioned distractions continue to fester. All as citizens are ignored, talked down to, and treated with disrespect, for questioning the need of such undesirable ordinances or expenditures.

Donít take my word. These are just starters you may actually read, for once, in the local Newspaper. I suggest you review the archives, you may find the disrespect I speak of there.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#50 Nov 23, 2011
After, reading the additional posts of those claiming to be long standing happy business owners within Blairsville.

May I suggest this?

The mere fact that you are such long-term businesses not objecting to the politics, taxations, and feel no enforcement/regulatory pressures, may indicate one or more of the following considerations.

You have simply been in business long enough, never expressed any objections to injustices, have friendly personal relations with those in decision-making positions and therefore, are exempted from the outlined problems/discriminations by default.

You are part of the political elite monopolizing the opportunities offered within the Town and/or a part of the decision making process regarding who is required to comply and who isnít and treated unfairly.

You are just a member of the ďmachineĒ and part of the problem.

I would prefer to think you are probably well known by most, make no waves, and simply dodge and evade possible conflict.

And thatís OK. Problem is we all age, things change, times change and as it does ... when do they come for you?

Just a thought.
Idiots

Alachua, FL

#51 Nov 23, 2011
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
After, reading the additional posts of those claiming to be long standing happy business owners within Blairsville.
May I suggest this?
The mere fact that you are such long-term businesses not objecting to the politics, taxations, and feel no enforcement/regulatory pressures, may indicate one or more of the following considerations.
You have simply been in business long enough, never expressed any objections to injustices, have friendly personal relations with those in decision-making positions and therefore, are exempted from the outlined problems/discriminations by default.
You are part of the political elite monopolizing the opportunities offered within the Town and/or a part of the decision making process regarding who is required to comply and who isnít and treated unfairly.
You are just a member of the ďmachineĒ and part of the problem.
I would prefer to think you are probably well known by most, make no waves, and simply dodge and evade possible conflict.
And thatís OK. Problem is we all age, things change, times change and as it does ... when do they come for you?
Just a thought.
I think most are in the county and not in the downtown and was speaking in general.
I do know the downtown has its own pack of problems and if more business owners, just said screw you and move to county that would take care of the council problem real quick.

Location hidden

#52 Nov 23, 2011
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most are in the county and not in the downtown and was speaking in general.
I do know the downtown has its own pack of problems and if more business owners, just said screw you and move to county that would take care of the council problem real quick.
I think the general Idea is to get everyone out of downtown. What gets me is the people on the DDA don't even live in the city. Well I have to backtrack a little and add that the token Conley and Mahan live in the city. They are real versed in Development.

Since: Oct 11

not flarda

#53 Feb 11, 2012
Been told that the napa might be opening back up soon with a new owner.
finally

Dawsonville, GA

#54 Nov 19, 2012
Heard from a reliable source that napa will be back in town very soon. And it will be owned and managed by a very established company.

Since: Oct 11

not flarda

#55 Nov 23, 2012
Good to hear that. Hopefully it's true. The one in 'wassee has new owners. Good folk from what I hear.
finally wrote:
Heard from a reliable source that napa will be back in town very soon. And it will be owned and managed by a very established company.
informed

United States

#56 Nov 23, 2012
What do ya think of oreillys
repairman

Dawsonville, GA

#57 Nov 24, 2012
Not good, not bad. They have alot in stock but IMO are a little more expensive than the guys across the street. I haven't been in there in a long time but they used to be short staffed so it was almost impossible to get somebody to wait on you or answer the phone if you call.
informed wrote:
hresws

Jefferson, GA

#58 Nov 24, 2012
informed wrote:
As a last resort only. I find the older guy, we will call him "Mr. Sunshine" to be lazy and ignorant. So much so I go in there only as a last resort. I can't figure out how he still has a job. I got tired of trying to force him to do his.
big news

Commerce, GA

#59 Nov 25, 2012
I like some products from NAPA better than the other stores. I like their reman products better. And they usually have big name items, instead of names I've never heard of. But sometimes NAPA is more expensive. Filters as an example. WIX and NAPA filters are the same, just in different boxes. WIX makes them both, and I think WIX, NAPA, are the best. But NAPA is higher for the same thing. And also other things that are the same, such as oil, etc. I go to both stores, all 4 as a matter of fact..
NAPA fan

Jefferson, GA

#60 Nov 26, 2012
Supposedly leasing the Blairsville Auto parts, NAPA in Blue Ridge will own the franchise. They have been looking for a buyer for some time and NAPA corporate wanted to get back in town

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Yokals 44 min you are Purified ... 4
What does Blairsville need? (Jul '16) 1 hr Purified 242
Mason's grandson arrested in Murphy- special tr... 2 hr Jim 9
boycott mike's seafood till he takes orders at ... (Mar '11) 4 hr Boo hoo 289
Floridiot alert!!! 4 hr Retired Educator 24
helicopters 2/20/2018 5 hr Sleuth 3
Union County School Board 6 hr Boo hoo 45

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance