First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

not flarda

#1 Nov 20, 2011
Why did the napa in Blairsville close down? They were always busy when I was in there. Anybody know if somebody is going to reopen it and where the fellers that worked there are at now? They are good people.
customer

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Nov 20, 2011
I heard that everything that didn't sell or get sent back is being taken to their store in Murphy. Don't know what happened to the employees.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#3 Nov 20, 2011
Shame. I liked the helpful folks there.

Just thinking, many times, particularly in bad economic times, when business decisions must be made and revised, much thought is give to the attitude of the local government and regulatory officials/authorities.

When they are found to be consistently business unfriendly, to the point of being biased to the elite few and discriminator, businesses and people in general will find more friendly and accommodating areas and conditions.
hhhhhhssss

Jefferson, GA

#4 Nov 20, 2011
I had nothing but bad experiences there. Love the Napa in Murphy and Blue Ridge. This place though....good riddance and I hope to to never have to deal with several of the uninformed and useless staff that worked there. Badly managed IMHO is why it closed.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#5 Nov 20, 2011
hhhhhhssss wrote:
I had nothing but bad experiences there. Love the Napa in Murphy and Blue Ridge. This place though....good riddance and I hope to to never have to deal with several of the uninformed and useless staff that worked there. Badly managed IMHO is why it closed.
My experience was the opposite.

Nevertheless, with that said, sometimes we project a negative unpleasant attitude, that in many cases simply just gets reflected back to us.

You know the treatment one receives is pretty much what is mirrored. I know I can have a rather nasty attitude at times, it does reflect through those offended directly back, rather quickly.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 21, 2011
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
Just thinking, many times, particularly in bad economic times, when business decisions must be made and revised, much thought is give to the attitude of the local government and regulatory officials/authorities.
When they are found to be consistently business unfriendly, to the point of being biased to the elite few and discriminator, businesses and people in general will find more friendly and accommodating areas and conditions.
Until the City and County gets off this Highlands want a be kick this county will continue it's downward spiral. We need industry and farming and that is where our future lies.

Since: Oct 11

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Nov 21, 2011
hhhhhhssss wrote:
It is always very sad when another Blairsville business closes down.

I always found the folks at NAPA to be helpful and knowledgable.

I would guess that you are one of those who park yourself at the counter and try to impress the employees with your auto repair expertise along with your uncanny ability to operate a business. The "uninformed and useless staff" you speak of tried to be polite as you droned on and on. They probably nodded occasionaly just to keep themselves from collapsing on the counter from boredom.

I would guess also, that your "love" for the Murphy and Blueridge stores is not mutual. When they see you pull into their parking lot, they wish they could lock the door exclaiming, "Oh no!. It's him again!"

Even worse, is when people such as yourself use this forum to take a final kick at these people when they are down.
Fud

Hoschton, GA

#8 Nov 21, 2011
Reb Blairsville wrote:
<quoted text> Until the City and County gets off this Highlands want a be kick this county will continue it's downward spiral. We need industry and farming and that is where our future lies.
Get over it industry is not comming to this area farming is on a downward slide. As much as I don't care for it tourism and moving this area in a upscale direction are the only hope we have.

Location hidden

#9 Nov 21, 2011
Fud wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it industry is not comming to this area farming is on a downward slide. As much as I don't care for it tourism and moving this area in a upscale direction are the only hope we have.
We are really rolling in the dough. Property values are down 50% and their is dancing in the street. I think it is time you lookied around and take those dark sun glasses off. This isn't Hollywood.
Larry

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Nov 21, 2011
Why not ask the people who are sick and tired of Lamar Paris and are willing to sign a recall on Lamar Paris to leave a message on the tip line that goes to that group fighting for clean and open government . The people who do not use computers will be contacted otherwise .
sadtosee

Homer, GA

#11 Nov 21, 2011
I hate to see them close. Maybe somebody else will open the place back up.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#12 Nov 21, 2011
NAPA stores are franchised. You will need someone to buy the franchise and stock the store.
I'm not sure of what targeted sales, both inventory and dollar value NAPA places on their franchises.
customer

Homer, GA

#13 Nov 21, 2011
How did a thread about napa get turned into a thread about paris? As much as I would like to I don't think we can blame the closing of an auto parts store on him.
UC Voter

Jefferson, GA

#14 Nov 21, 2011
customer wrote:
How did a thread about napa get turned into a thread about paris? As much as I would like to I don't think we can blame the closing of an auto parts store on him.
Like Obama, topix regulars blame everything on Lamar. Ten years down the road, any problem will be Lamar's fault. That is all these people have to occupy their time with - hate and envy!

One of the reasons Napa died here is because residents haved used and use O'Reilly's and the other shop. Repair shops will have the auto parts stores deliver rather than Napa because they have done business with them for years. Napa was not a good business decision when the other two suppy stores are so well established.
colic

Dawsonville, GA

#15 Nov 21, 2011
My baby kept me up last night with the colic, I bet Lamar had something to do with it!! At least that's what the ACOG want me to believe!:o)
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#16 Nov 21, 2011
The more Floridians move here the less auto parts stores will have for business. We have better things to do than lie under a car all day, besides I doubt if I would fit under a car anymore. New wiper blades are all a Floridian is going to do to his car. Now those 1954 chevys I see in the locals yards might be able to keep them in busness.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 21, 2011
http://mynapa.com/investmentAndFinancing.aspx
For the individual that didn't like my Post relative to NAPA franchises.
R Martin

Jefferson, GA

#18 Nov 21, 2011
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
Could you please give some real life examples of how the local city and county government authorities are consistently business unfriendly. I have not seen it. I think they closed because of the general poor economy and the fact that there are too many auto parts stores in too small a market

Location hidden

#19 Nov 21, 2011
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Obama, topix regulars blame everything on Lamar. Ten years down the road, any problem will be Lamar's fault. That is all these people have to occupy their time with - hate and envy!
One of the reasons Napa died here is because residents haved used and use O'Reilly's and the other shop. Repair shops will have the auto parts stores deliver rather than Napa because they have done business with them for years. Napa was not a good business decision when the other two suppy stores are so well established.
You are one dumb monkey. napa was here long before the others and was operated as Slacks and was in the building the Humane Society is in now. I bought from Slacks when the rest were just a dream.

Location hidden

#20 Nov 21, 2011
R Martin wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please give some real life examples of how the local city and county government authorities are consistently business unfriendly. I have not seen it. I think they closed because of the general poor economy and the fact that there are too many auto parts stores in too small a market
I would imagine that the sign ordinace is one thing which would not effect Napa but would help account for the deserted town. The fact that the city taxes business in any way possible is another. Instead of asking on here ask any business owner how they feel about the nuts running the town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 47 min Local 288
Linda Curtis for Sheriff 6 hr Rebel Charm 748
Towns County BOE is Lying to Us 7 hr real deal 6
more on stookey 7 hr news worthy 2
No more Movers N Shakers 8 hr Mizti Paine 229
where can I meet Curtis? 10 hr Mizti Paine 5
Change 11 hr Future 77
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Young Harris Mortgages