First Prev
of 7
Next Last
citizen

Jefferson, GA

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Should guns be sold on facebook??? Go to some of the local yard sale sites, and look at all the guns that are sold there..The other day someone had an assault rifle listed, it had a 50 round clip that came with it..Blairsvegas--Hiawassee,Bla irsville(these are some yard sale sites within facebook)
Lamar

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Please vote to ban Pitchforks also. Those things are dangerous in the hands of restless natives.
Oh my

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Jan 10, 2013
We all know
the many forms of tyranny
that we suffer in our daily lives,
the tyranny of our spouse,
the tyranny of our parents,
the tyranny of older siblings,
the tyranny of ever present authority.

Being told what do
day in and day out.
Unending regulations,
controlling every aspect of work,
controlling every aspect of lives.

Wear a seat belt,
strap in the kids,
brush your teeth,
say your prayers.
The tyranny is constant and pervasive.

An unregulated free market of gun sales
is an essential first line of defense
against all tyranny.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Oh my wrote:
We all know
the many forms of tyranny
that we suffer in our daily lives,
the tyranny of our spouse,
the tyranny of our parents,
the tyranny of older siblings,
the tyranny of ever present authority.

Being told what do
day in and day out.
Unending regulations,
controlling every aspect of work,
controlling every aspect of lives.

Wear a seat belt,
strap in the kids,
brush your teeth,
say your prayers.
The tyranny is constant and pervasive.

An unregulated free market of gun sales
is an essential first line of defense
against all tyranny.
Tyranny is such a flexible concept.

It's not tyrannical for the government to tell a woman what she can do with her own uterus, or to put people in prison for growing a plant and smoking it;
but
it is tyrannical for the government to require someone to carry insurance to pay their own medical bills.

Go figure.
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Jan 10, 2013
citizen wrote:
Should guns be sold on facebook??? Go to some of the local yard sale sites, and look at all the guns that are sold there..The other day someone had an assault rifle listed, it had a 50 round clip that came with it..Blairsvegas--Hiawassee,Bla irsville(these are some yard sale sites within facebook)
What? Now, you want to censor facebook? What's next.
I can buy a high powered rifle at the flea market and have.
It is my right and my business.
Apparently

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Jan 10, 2013
Apparently some have never actually experienced, or witnessed the horror of real Tyranny. Nor do they realize, or for that matter appear to care, it isnít something those who have would joke about.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Apparently wrote:
Apparently some have never actually experienced, or witnessed the horror of real Tyranny. Nor do they realize, or for that matter appear to care, it isnít something those who have would joke about.
You are quite right,
the horror of real tyranny
is degraded
when the word is used
to rhetorical excess.

Course,
what some may discount as frivolous
and inappropriate
are rationalized little straws
loaded on the backs of weak camels.
Apparently

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Jan 11, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite right,
the horror of real tyranny
is degraded
when the word is used
to rhetorical excess.
Course,
what some may discount as frivolous
and inappropriate
are rationalized little straws
loaded on the backs of weak camels.
You are precisely right in identifying yourself as exceedingly frivolous and inappropriate, but further you are exceptionally naÔve and clueless.

Unfortunately, for you, you will awaken one day to the reality that you actually will be tested by the very tyranny, or may other terrors, you so delight in making fun of now.

It is at that time you will quickly discover ... your weaknesses far exceed those you currently find so much pleasure in finding in others.

Sadly for you when you finally realize you indeed are not the Almighty, that you donít know all, see all, and are indeed powerless...you will wake up to the realization that you are all alone.

Unfortunate, it doesnít have to be that way
Oh my

Dahlonega, GA

#9 Jan 11, 2013
Apparently wrote:
<quoted text>
You are precisely right in identifying yourself as exceedingly frivolous and inappropriate, but further you are exceptionally naÔve and clueless.
Unfortunately, for you, you will awaken one day to the reality that you actually will be tested by the very tyranny, or may other terrors, you so delight in making fun of now.
It is at that time you will quickly discover ... your weaknesses far exceed those you currently find so much pleasure in finding in others.
Sadly for you when you finally realize you indeed are not the Almighty, that you donít know all, see all, and are indeed powerless...you will wake up to the realization that you are all alone.
Unfortunate, it doesnít have to be that way
So tell us, what purpose is served by an unregulated free market of gun sales between private individuals who are not held to the same requirements as licensed gun dealers.

Do you feel that this is the best solution available to restrict access to firearms for those deemed undesirable to possess firearms?

Surely you have considered these questions while indulging your Holy Warrior fantasies.
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Jan 11, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us, what purpose is served by an unregulated free market of gun sales between private individuals who are not held to the same requirements as licensed gun dealers.
Do you feel that this is the best solution available to restrict access to firearms for those deemed undesirable to possess firearms?
Surely you have considered these questions while indulging your Holy Warrior fantasies.
Undesirable people already have guns, will always have guns, and will never give them up. There is no fantasy about it.
You have no idea what the criminal world possesses in the way of firearms. In fact, you would be shocked. It ain't gonna change, but the citizens who should be allowed to own a rifle or a hand gun are being targeted. Not right.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#11 Jan 11, 2013
Most people like me have guns that we collected over many years. When I was in business a lot of vendors gave me handguns as a Christmas present. None of them are registered to me. I would just thank them and put them away. I do have a gun permit and carry on my trips.

Our government is not concerned about people like you or me. I do agree a gun should be sold like a car, registered and that is it.
Apparently

Dawsonville, GA

#12 Jan 11, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
No, reason and/or debate with you are obviously pointless.

Some, as you appear to be, are simply intent upon, not only their own self destruction, but that of others as well, all while using ridicule, bedeviling and denigration, as schemes of the process.

I choose to shun such deviant people. Your miserable undertakings canít and wonít be altered by anything within the realm of reason.
Oh my

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Jan 11, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Undesirable people already have guns, will always have guns, and will never give them up. There is no fantasy about it.
You have no idea what the criminal world possesses in the way of firearms. In fact, you would be shocked. It ain't gonna change, but the citizens who should be allowed to own a rifle or a hand gun are being targeted. Not right.
Since people will continue to commit crimes, regulations that define criminal activity is futile since it's obvious that such restrictions have not stopped criminal activity.

Has the state stopped requiring minimum insurance coverage because there are criminals who drive without insurance?

"the citizens who should be allowed to own a rifle or a hand gun are being targeted"

Then you would agree that gun ownership can be divided into those who should and those who should not be able to own. Now, how do you raise the bar for difficulty of accqusition for those who should not own guns, or is such effort futile because there is no perfect system.

Is it targeting" to have regulations defining the types of weapons that may be legally owned?

Are you suggesting that because the criminal world possesses illegal weapons, such as, automatic weapons, heavy machine guns, RPGs, etc, then all restrictions should be scrapped so that all citizens may own these types of weapons?
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Jan 11, 2013
Apparently wrote:
<quoted text>
No, reason and/or debate with you are obviously pointless.
Some, as you appear to be, are simply intent upon, not only their own self destruction, but that of others as well, all while using ridicule, bedeviling and denigration, as schemes of the process.
I choose to shun such deviant people. Your miserable undertakings canít and wonít be altered by anything within the realm of reason.
ditto
Azzhats

Blairsville, GA

#15 Jan 11, 2013
Keep those guns, you need to protect yourself from the Topix Zombies
Lamar

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Well the nation should just look at Union County if they believe that guns are dangerous. We have some of the most crooked companies and people in the whole United States and not a one of them has been shot to date although I try and keep a low profile. If guns were dangerous a lot of us would have been gone a long time ago. Course I do wear a bullet proof vest and my head is so shiny it would blind anyone with getting even on their mind.
citizen

Jefferson, GA

#17 Jan 11, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it legal to sale/purchase guns at the flea market??And what exactly does a person need with assault rifle?? I saw one on facebook the other day listed as an assault weapon?? Guns sat in every corner of our house as a child...had one hanging below the deer head...my dad didn't need a gun that fired 25-50 rounds before reloading!!!!
citizen

Jefferson, GA

#18 Jan 11, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my child's wishes to attend school without fear...it is my right to point out something I don't agree with such as, selling guns on facebook/flea markets without background checks!!
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#19 Jan 11, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text> my dad didn't need a gun that fired 25-50 rounds before reloading!!!!
Wish I would have had one of those back when I hunted. Think how easy it would have been to get Every last rabbit in a field, just unload the whole clip and go out and pick them up like fallen apples. And deer hunting, get one deer if you are lucky; with one of those I could have got the whole herd and ate all winter. Think how much more fun duck hunting would be if I could have unloaded a 50 round clip on a flock instead of a 4 shell 12 gauge.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#20 Jan 12, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>And what exactly does a person need with assault rifle??
Why to assault people with of course, how do expect someone to assault people without an assault rifle?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bobby Palarchio for Sheriff??? 1 hr Obviously 26
best local car lot 1 hr big news 18
Floridiot Fashion 2 hr Timmy_ 107
Time To Clean Up Union County 2 hr dumber than dirt 396
kim terry 3 hr emurphy 1
Bend Over.... BREMC 12.19Ę/KW (Dec '11) 6 hr Extra 18
Don't need neighbors like this in Blairsville; ... 10 hr RBB 6
More from around the web

Young Harris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE