Helen woman killed in wreck, driver flees

Jan 15, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: White County Telegraph

White County News The driver of a 2002 Dodge Ram is facing several charges, including first-degree vehicular homicide, after fleeing the scene of a wreck that left his passenger dead.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2009
concern citizen

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 19, 2009
 
towns county man is charged with the death of a local businness woman from helen. he had mulitple dui's he should not have been driving on the highway and roads in this state or any wear else.
truth seeker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

people need to get the whole story before making a comment because it does hurt inocent people you cant beleive every thing you read or hear and only half of what you see any more. The Gants have helped a lot of people and you or someone close to you may have been one of those they have helped. People need to clean out the skeletons in their own closet and sweep out from under their own rugs before pointing their finger at anyone.
concerned person

Garner, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I am a mother who lost a daughter in a car accident and the person who killed her showed no remorse. I don't know what Eddie Gant feels but he left this lady at the scene alone and sought medical attention for himself. That's pretty selfish and self-centered. The person who picked him up should be charged with aiding and abetting him with leaving the scene of an accident. He may have helped a lot of people but he also hurt a lot of people when his decision to drive drunk caused a woman's death. Think of her family.
truth seeker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

people dont know the whole story he was not drunk that was another rumer
No Angles here

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 23, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

concern citizen wrote:
towns county man is charged with the death of a local businness woman from helen. he had mulitple dui's he should not have been driving on the highway and roads in this state or any wear else.
He did not have mulitple DUI's He was picked up and had to drive for she was already to far gone to drive and she brought the beer.
oh my goodness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 23, 2009
 
No Angles here wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not have mulitple DUI's He was picked up and had to drive for she was already to far gone to drive and she brought the beer.
what planet are you living on?
trust

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 26, 2009
 
i feel sorry for both family becasue the family are the ones who are getting hurt here.Eddie we all make mistake but you know better. I always think something was up with you and drugs now people will see thru you due to this hope you cant pay your way out of this .At the same time the woman you was with how could you leave someone who needed help and you left behind as you did care this woman has family people who loves her my prays are with them. As for your family you done be out on the street your wife should care less about you being with another woman sure not the only one ,but she should care at you left a woman to die by herself so you could run but you didnt get far . So to your wife and daughter i wish them the best but eddie you kill someone and dont even care
lifeisgood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 26, 2009
 
how could you leave someone to die ? and when they say dui well i dont think of beer i think drugs when it comes to leaving someone like you did crazy . But you no what gets me well your at the a to z working and the auction working as if nothing happend hello you noone else killer a woman .Your wife is crazy if she stay with you well she cray to becasue at could have been her . Last time i was up there about 3 weeks are so ago everything seem find but i want be back not getting none of my money . I hope you cant get out and your wife leaves your ass takes everything because what you have done to this family who you killer there love one. It dont matter who had the beer you was driving the truck so cant pointed the hand anywhere but at you . How can you keep going as if it did happend .Yes you have helped people but now you killed someone think about it what if someone done this to your family .Think your the same as everyone else and no matter who you are been different if you not ran but to leave someone to die thats crazy so hope your family leaves you
not true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

concern citizen wrote:
towns county man is charged with the death of a local businness woman from helen. he had mulitple dui's he should not have been driving on the highway and roads in this state or any wear else.
this is a reply to tis comment. This man did not have mutiple DUI's. You need to get the facts straight before saying something you dont even know if its true or not.
used to leave there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

concerned person wrote:
I am a mother who lost a daughter in a car accident and the person who killed her showed no remorse. I don't know what Eddie Gant feels but he left this lady at the scene alone and sought medical attention for himself. That's pretty selfish and self-centered. The person who picked him up should be charged with aiding and abetting him with leaving the scene of an accident. He may have helped a lot of people but he also hurt a lot of people when his decision to drive drunk caused a woman's death. Think of her family.
As i understood this situation. He does not remember anything. I can you say it doesnt show any remorse to her family. We dont know what exactly went on to lead up to this wreck. She was also under the influence. She was at just as fault as him. His family is hurting in this situation also. Before you start judging people you need to know the facts first. I know he is sorry for what happened and God will work us through this one day at a time. Everything happens for a reason always remember that. This was an accident i know he didnt mean for this to happen.
used to leave there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

What people need to realize is that LIFE GOES ON! He doesnt remember what happened. She was drinking also. People you are acting like this was done on purpose it wasnt. Noone knows the true but God and it will all come out in the end. His family is upset about this also not only hers. Yes, he is married and she knew from the get go that he was married. Why was she even with him in the first place? He didnt have multiples of DUIS and he was not on DRUGS! He is a great man and would do anything for you if you needed it. All you had to do was ask him! My thoughts and prayers go out to the Gant Family. Dont let these people who right negative things and how do not know what they are talking about put your family down. God will help you work through this. Love YA
star

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 28, 2009
 

Judged:

1

used to leave there wrote:
What people need to realize is that LIFE GOES ON! He doesnt remember what happened. She was drinking also. People you are acting like this was done on purpose it wasnt. Noone knows the true but God and it will all come out in the end. His family is upset about this also not only hers. Yes, he is married and she knew from the get go that he was married. Why was she even with him in the first place? He didnt have multiples of DUIS and he was not on DRUGS! He is a great man and would do anything for you if you needed it. All you had to do was ask him! My thoughts and prayers go out to the Gant Family. Dont let these people who right negative things and how do not know what they are talking about put your family down. God will help you work through this. Love YA
Maybe you should check your facts because he does have a few DUIs more then you will ever know he just got one 2 months ago in hiawassee you can call and check this out if you want to and it takes asick person to leave someone in the cold like he did walk in her shoes and see if you feel the same way it was heartless. And your so right life goes on for the GANTS but DEEDEEs life ended the night eddie left her in the cold i hope you never have a family member left like that then to have someone tell you to get over it cause life goes on you are just as heatless. Its not the fact that he wrecked drunk its that he left her all alone to save his own but. And the name you used use to leave there LEAVE how funny thats just what he did
FACTS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

used to leave there wrote:
What people need to realize is that LIFE GOES ON! He doesnt remember what happened. She was drinking also. People you are acting like this was done on purpose it wasnt. Noone knows the true but God and it will all come out in the end. His family is upset about this also not only hers. Yes, he is married and she knew from the get go that he was married. Why was she even with him in the first place? He didnt have multiples of DUIS and he was not on DRUGS! He is a great man and would do anything for you if you needed it. All you had to do was ask him! My thoughts and prayers go out to the Gant Family. Dont let these people who right negative things and how do not know what they are talking about put your family down. God will help you work through this. Love YA
OHHHH is that all we have to do is ask him if we need anything??? He is a good man is that what you are saying and he will do anything for you if you ask??? Just so I am correct...I want to ask him to tell the truth! Yes life does go on but for DeDe's family it goes on with out her! you MY DEAR are as guilty as he is if you try to protect him in all this! I'm sure he feels bad about what happen, but it is only because he embarassed his family and he can carry on his affairs not because he left a woman to die! that is what people are having a hard time with and dont give me that crap he cant remember! You are the one with your head in the sand not everyone else!
Question

Brookfield, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 3, 2009
 
What is the latest information on Eddie Gant story? I am out of town and just wondered what has happened since the wreck?
answer

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 3, 2009
 
go to topix hiawassee you can read 26 pages on this heatless killer

Since: Feb 09

Milledgeville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 25, 2009
 
And how do you know if Mr. Gant was drunk or not? It is also possible he knew the young lady was dead and needed to get medical attention for himself before he bleed to death. You people sure kill me trying to state facts before you know them, No I don't know them either but I do know Eddie would never leave anyone there alone if they were still alive.
Eddie is probably the best citizen in White County. everyone else seems to degrade him and his family. Everyone better read the Bible it says judge not or you be judged likewise hope you have your hearts in the right place.
Guess Eddie is the only person in White County to make mistakes. He has a great family and wonderful daughter to be proud of. I would hate to know i lived in White County with all the people that loves to condemn others. Glad I live in Middle Georgia. Your family have my family's prayers and best wishes Mr. and Mrs. Gant

Since: Feb 09

Milledgeville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 25, 2009
 
answer wrote:
go to topix hiawassee you can read 26 pages on this heatless killer
Heartless no he not heartless he has a good heart he had to get help for himself the woman was probably already dead. people are heartless that keeps placeing blame on one person and don't know all the facts
Monica

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 26, 2009
 
has he been sentenced yet?
damdifiknow

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 23, 2009
 
used to leave there wrote:
What people need to realize is that LIFE GOES ON! He doesnt remember what happened. She was drinking also. People you are acting like this was done on purpose it wasnt. Noone knows the true but God and it will all come out in the end. His family is upset about this also not only hers. Yes, he is married and she knew from the get go that he was married. Why was she even with him in the first place? He didnt have multiples of DUIS and he was not on DRUGS! He is a great man and would do anything for you if you needed it. All you had to do was ask him! My thoughts and prayers go out to the Gant Family. Dont let these people who right negative things and how do not know what they are talking about put your family down. God will help you work through this. Love YA
HE REMEMBERS JUST ENOUGH TO GET HIS AZZ OUT OF TROUBLE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need more manufacturers to come to blairsville 3 min Just a Thought 11
Harvest time in Towns and Clay 9 min Get real 8
brmemc 13 min Just a Thought 141
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 15 min rename 52,425
Questions fo Mr. Sorgen 55 min Eastwood 3
Do you approve of Jim Conley as Mayor? (Apr '12) 9 hr just the way it is 18
florida 9 hr Helicopter 19

Search the Young Harris Forum:
•••

Young Harris News Video

•••
•••

Young Harris Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Young Harris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Young Harris News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Young Harris
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••