Girls Basketball
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
New to Area

Blairsville, GA

#1 Mar 14, 2013
I am new to the area having just moved to Hayesville. My family will be joining me in May. I have a daughter that will be a Sophmore next year, and she is a serious basketball player, starting as a Freshman on her Varsity team and averaging just over 15 ppg. I understand the girls program in Towns County has been quite successful for quite a few years. Does anyone know if it would be possible for her to attend school at Towns County even though we will be living in Hayesville?
no

Birmingham, AL

#2 Mar 14, 2013
New to Area wrote:
I am new to the area having just moved to Hayesville. My family will be joining me in May. I have a daughter that will be a Sophmore next year, and she is a serious basketball player, starting as a Freshman on her Varsity team and averaging just over 15 ppg. I understand the girls program in Towns County has been quite successful for quite a few years. Does anyone know if it would be possible for her to attend school at Towns County even though we will be living in Hayesville?
Don't attend Towns County!
The school system here is so corrupt and if you want her to have a good education, stay at Hayesville
no way

Eastaboga, AL

#3 Mar 14, 2013
If you want her mentally and verbally abused this is the place for her. If you want her to play for a good man that runs a good program stay where you are at.
Dear New to the Area

Eastaboga, AL

#4 Mar 14, 2013
no way wrote:
If you want her mentally and verbally abused this is the place for her. If you want her to play for a good man that runs a good program stay where you are at.
stay where you are at...grass isn't greener.
You get what you pay for

Blairsville, GA

#5 Mar 14, 2013
You could do it. I don't know how legal it is. I do know one of the girls on the team lives in Hayesville. I think you should go to school in the county you live and pay taxes in.
Do not do it

Kathleen, GA

#6 Mar 14, 2013
New to Area wrote:
Hayesville has a good academic school system and above average athletics. Towns County just appointed a young man who is friends with the superintendent at principal. He has little experience and was a gym teacher prior to being appointed as assistant principal last fall. It would be my opinion and that of many parents and teachers this was a bad mistake. The academics and athletics at Towns county are some of the worst in the State.
You will regret the decision to place your children in this school system forever. Take it from someone who made that mistake.
TC NO

Tucker, GA

#7 Mar 16, 2013
Stay away, dont do this to your daughter and family.
Swamp

Commerce, GA

#8 Mar 17, 2013
Ranked #73 in 2012 out of 367 schools. 80.1% percentile. These people on here never talk about "what" kind of education kids are getting only "WHO" is employed at the school. Your in the wrong place to get information. All you will find here is people with a grudge, know it all's, people who think they still live in the big city and can't figure out small town life.. I would say do your own research......
Rank

AOL

#9 Mar 17, 2013
Swamp wrote:
Ranked #73 in 2012 out of 367 schools. 80.1% percentile. These people on here never talk about "what" kind of education kids are getting only "WHO" is employed at the school. Your in the wrong place to get information. All you will find here is people with a grudge, know it all's, people who think they still live in the big city and can't figure out small town life.. I would say do your own research......
Georgia schools Ranked 48th out of 50 4% percentile.
Towns is not ranked #73 in any ranking I have found. Most have it somewhere between 145 and 180 out of 360. If you look at SAT scores it is in the bottom 30% for the state.
If you look at their real dropout rate they are in the top 80% in that category. The real drop out rate at TC is about 30%. Go blow your smoke up Mrs. Williams skirt. We know better.
would not

Eastaboga, AL

#10 Mar 17, 2013
You get what you pay for wrote:
You could do it. I don't know how legal it is. I do know one of the girls on the team lives in Hayesville. I think you should go to school in the county you live and pay taxes in.
I wouldn't let my daughter play for him....I would move.
Swamp

Commerce, GA

#11 Mar 17, 2013
Rank wrote:
<quoted text>Georgia schools Ranked 48th out of 50 4% percentile.
Towns is not ranked #73 in any ranking I have found. Most have it somewhere between 145 and 180 out of 360. If you look at SAT scores it is in the bottom 30% for the state.
If you look at their real dropout rate they are in the top 80% in that category. The real drop out rate at TC is about 30%. Go blow your smoke up Mrs. Williams skirt. We know better.
http://www.schooldigger.com/go /GA/schools/0507002999/school. aspx Now I have something you can blow..:)
Giddy up

United States

#12 Mar 18, 2013
New to Area wrote:
If she enjoys partaking of the weed on occasion, she will fit in well with some of the team members. No need to worry about drug testing at TCHS. They only test the sure things.
Idiot patrol

Dawsonville, GA

#13 Mar 19, 2013
Swamp wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.schooldigger.com/go/GA/schools/050... Now I have something you can blow..:)
Bought time someone tells a little truth on here,let's see the nay sayers proof not just talk,anyone can just pull numbers out of thin air .
School time

Jefferson, GA

#14 Mar 19, 2013
Idiot patrol wrote:
<quoted text>Bought time someone tells a little truth on here,let's see the nay sayers proof not just talk,anyone can just pull numbers out of thin air .
They are not ranked near the top in any catagory on this site. The difference between the two sites is simple. Digger generates its statistics from information provided by the school. US News generates its information from State and Federal Departments of Education statistics. You are what you eat
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-sch...
no way

Pell City, AL

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Do you think Coach Melton and the administration is nervous about the Rutgers situation. Because of the video that was recorded when he allowed a player to lay on the court passed out and having a seizure and never attending to the player. It lasted for several minutes she had to be taken to the hospital. Principal athletic director and SRO viewed the video.
what about

Pell City, AL

#16 Apr 3, 2013
What about the time he kicked a water bottle case at a players head they put their leg up and it busted their shin. I believe he was suspended 3 games for that.
thinking

United States

#17 Apr 3, 2013
Alot of skeletons could fall out of this closet
what about 2

Sycamore, GA

#18 Apr 3, 2013
What about the time he turned his back on one of his players at UGA camp while she screamed in pain from a torn ACL and left his players to take care of her?
No way

Texarkana, TX

#19 Apr 3, 2013
no way wrote:
Do you think Coach Melton and the administration is nervous about the Rutgers situation. Because of the video that was recorded when he allowed a player to lay on the court passed out and having a seizure and never attending to the player. It lasted for several minutes she had to be taken to the hospital. Principal athletic director and SRO viewed the video.
The Administration is not worried about anything. They know the School Board is ignorant and could not care less about anything except keeping their relatives and friends employed at high paying jobs they are not qualified for.
Soon we will find out if the State cares..
The coach is not worried because the statutes of limitations have run on the things that should have been pushed. Some parents are afraid to take up for their children. Others were afraid to take on certain families in this town. Whatever the reason, it didn't get pushed, so the school board at the time swept it under the rug like so many other crimes against children here in good old Towns County.
The sheriff at the time ended up in jail. Not that the current one has done his job regarding crimes at the school. He just has not gone to jail yet is the only difference.
not so sure

United States

#21 Apr 5, 2013
I think you may be wrong about the Statute of Limitations being reached.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hiawassee PD 9 hr Question 9
Opioid epidemic 17 hr Fud 5
Muslim in Blairsville Thu dgd748 38
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Thu dgd748 464
Current issues on sheriff Thu Opinion 72
Floridees Wed Timmy is a homer ... 4
Need a roof repair (Oct '08) Wed Judy 27

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance