Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Mar 5, 2013

Since: Sep 12

Murphy, NC

#1 Mar 3, 2013
I have recently heard a rumor,that there is an active investigation going on here in Towns County.Apparently the state of Georgia thinks that there was alot of underhanded things that went on during our last election.Is our town so corrupt that the state has to investigate us? If anyone knows about this,please share! Thanks!
Foster Stephen

United States

#2 Mar 3, 2013
This surprises you?
olympic angels

Ogden, UT

#3 Mar 3, 2013
the guess who wrote:
I have recently heard a rumor,that there is an active investigation going on here in Towns County.Apparently the state of Georgia thinks that there was alot of underhanded things that went on during our last election.Is our town so corrupt that the state has to investigate us? If anyone knows about this,please share! Thanks!
theys fplks looking at them from every where.
don't be surprised.
Meeting

Jefferson, GA

#4 Mar 4, 2013
the guess who wrote:
We attended a meeting the other night regarding the new principal and some other issues at the school. I would guess there were 35 people there. Three different people claimed to have filed requests with the Governors office for an investigation into the School Board and Superintendent for incompetents and violation of hiring rules and nepotism. Another person is about ready to hit the local Tax assessors office with a Federal lawsuit. Several people told of reporting crimes including drug dealing to the local Sheriff and nothing being done so they sent the information to GBI.
There are many people upset with what is going on around this town so it would not surprise me if what you heard is true.
Hope

United States

#5 Mar 4, 2013
Meeting wrote:
<quoted text>We attended a meeting the other night regarding the new principal and some other issues at the school. I would guess there were 35 people there. Three different people claimed to have filed requests with the Governors office for an investigation into the School Board and Superintendent for incompetents and violation of hiring rules and nepotism. Another person is about ready to hit the local Tax assessors office with a Federal lawsuit. Several people told of reporting crimes including drug dealing to the local Sheriff and nothing being done so they sent the information to GBI.
There are many people upset with what is going on around this town so it would not surprise me if what you heard is true.
The Governor just removed an entire school board down near Atlanta. I hope they file for Class status on the assessors office. So the rest of us can join.
Clinton to busy playing tough guy can't take my guns and I have more power than the Feds, to pay attention to petty things like dope dealers in your neighborhood. If a Federal Marshall walked into his office and said jump, ol chicken neck would be hopping like a rabbit.
have you ever met a fact

Cleveland, GA

#6 Mar 4, 2013
claimed to have filed
about ready to hit
people told of
Hey

Hiawassee, GA

#7 Mar 4, 2013
Meeting wrote:
<quoted text>We attended a meeting the other night regarding the new principal and some other issues at the school. I would guess there were 35 people there. Three different people claimed to have filed requests with the Governors office for an investigation into the School Board and Superintendent for incompetents and violation of hiring rules and nepotism. Another person is about ready to hit the local Tax assessors office with a Federal lawsuit. Several people told of reporting crimes including drug dealing to the local Sheriff and nothing being done so they sent the information to GBI.
Hey Dumbo, did you enjoy meeting with yourself? Did you have a quorum of those imaginary sock puppets that infest your microcephalic head? If anyone is looking for "incompetents," they have only to look for you.

Bet you can't name anyone who attended the "meeting."
Momofmany

Cornelia, GA

#8 Mar 4, 2013
Meeting wrote:
Where was this meeting held and when was it announced!
Parent

Jefferson, GA

#9 Mar 4, 2013
Momofmany wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was this meeting held and when was it announced!
I know of a group of parents that do meet about once a month at a local restaurant and talk school. Not sure if it is the same bunch. I've been a few times. Mostly a bitch session. There might be 25 or 30 of them.
Ask around the school. You cen find out who heads it up if you really want to know.
Youc

Hiawassee, GA

#10 Mar 4, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text> I know of a group of parents that do meet about once a month at a local restaurant and talk school. Not sure if it is the same bunch. I've been a few times. Mostly a bitch session. There might be 25 or 30 of them.
Ask around the school. You cen find out who heads it up if you really want to know.
You cen, cen you? Somehow, Dumbo, you always dodge the questions.

You "know of," "hear," "read," but don't know Jack. Truth is always a stranger in Dumboland.
rabun

Sylacauga, AL

#11 Mar 4, 2013
It would probably be more effective if you met at board meetings.
Naw

Jefferson, GA

#12 Mar 5, 2013
rabun wrote:
It would probably be more effective if you met at board meetings.
If more than their family show up they go behind closed doors. You are wasting your time with the TCSB. I read where the governor removed 6 members of the Dekalb County School Board for Incompetence, hiring their friends and nepotism along with a list of other crimes and ignorance.
PhD

Franklin, NC

#13 Mar 5, 2013
Naw wrote:
<quoted text> If more than their family show up they go behind closed doors. You are wasting your time with the TCSB. I read where the governor removed 6 members of the Dekalb County School Board for Incompetence, hiring their friends and nepotism along with a list of other crimes and ignorance.
Yeah, any strange faces in the crowd and "bam", off to closed session!!
four

Warrior, AL

#14 Mar 5, 2013
There are requirements for closed session. They have not always done those legally. The law is very clear about how and for what you can have one. You must state what you are going to discuss and announce the vote.
four

Warrior, AL

#15 Mar 5, 2013
And if they vote on family members they can't be in the room.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Synergy 53,531
Steve's Steakhouse Cookie Jar 12 min Exquisite Traveler 81
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) 15 min Tom Porter 918
Wake up floridiots Naming your driveway is stupid. 38 min Happy Days 6
What's the worst thing about Floridiots? 1 hr Timmy_ 18
Union Counties OVER CROWED JAIL 1 hr Roni 157
Outlet Mall coming to Blairsville ? 1 hr Mavis in Blairsville 16
•••

Young Harris News Video

•••
•••

Young Harris Jobs

•••