Hiawassee loses major employer with b...

Hiawassee loses major employer with bank closure

There are 41 comments on the Toronto News.Net story from Mar 20, 2010, titled Hiawassee loses major employer with bank closure. In it, Toronto News.Net reports that:

With $25,000 in working capital, ten local businessmen saw the need for a bank in Hiawassee, Georgia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toronto News.Net.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ga boy

Lawrenceville, GA

#43 May 18, 2010
enough said wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you did not know enough about what was going on at Wall Street, and how the world is where all the action is, not just the USA. And like you have done a lot of reading, Congrats for doing that. I just WISH more folks would, read and maybe watch mainstream media news on TV, not the Fox crap, or even MSNBC till you get a handle on whats really going on. The world is run by a few, the rest of us need to wake up to that fact or we all will be in sad shape. Local bankers in a small town like this are just as much victims as the rest of us, these people on the street are really sharp! Its not hopeless by any stretch of the imagination, the government of the USA and other counties must put controls in place to stop the raping of the common man. We as a hole are NOT smart enough to avoid it on our own, no matter what you might think. And when you have the political party of the rich who have convinced the conservative middle class that letting big business have their way is good! That they have done that is amazing to me, and for common people to believe it is more amazing. I just read where big drug makers, selling and making top selling prescription drugs in this county, transfer earnings to off shore companies to avoid paying taxes, lots of tax dollars lost. The average Joe can't do that, but big business can, ever wonder why, rich career politicians might give you pause for thought!
hey my post showed back up - ahhhh feelin relieved I'm headed off to dream about becoming a day trader on wall street

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
boycott mike's seafood till he takes orders at ... (Mar '11) 2 min happy 277
If you cant pay your bills stop spending foolishly 2 hr inaccurate 133
No customer service 2 hr effort 10
wow blairsville finally has a real pet store!!! 2 hr happen 71
Still proud of your President? 5 hr Work does a body ... 77
Great lunch 23 hr New Restaurant! 1
Commissioner Bradshaw photo Tue Well 28

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance