really

Jefferson, GA

#249 Apr 9, 2013
grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are overlooking the time element. Will bad guys follow the law, NO. When the U.S. cut off Cuba they had mostly American cars on the road. Over time they began to disappear, the same will happen with the types of weapons being talked about. The sooner we start the process the better off we will be.
No matter what you and the boys at the gun range think, the MAJORITY of Americans want these guns gone! Thomas Jefferson had no comprehension of the type of weapons the U.S. can bring to the game today. This country was a NEW experiment and know one knew what to expect, time changes everything. You can still have your guns to kill the IRS agent who comes to your door to steal your money. You just won't be able to fill him full of lead before he hits the ground. I know you will miss that feeling of complete control, but you just need to grow up.
Would that be as effective as outlawing pot or coke or....??
Common Interests

Young Harris, GA

#250 Apr 10, 2013
How does requiring a three day waiting period when buying a weapon sit with you?

Seems reasonable to me. It would give the hot-head time to cool down and the police time to react.

How do you feel about a federal data-base of individuals known or suspected (by the police or a doctor) of being unstable being included as part of a "background check?" As is, it isn't.

It seems reasonable to also deny anyone a carry permit or even to purchase a firearm if he or she, or anyone in their household (like a child or spouse), has been arrested, detained or investigated for an incident where weapons were involved in any way, be it a felony or misdemeanor and regardless of the outcome.

Florida has, or had, a law that required a five minimum year sentence for the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. I hope they still have it and that it's enforced. I hope Georgia has a similar one.
five more

Reidsville, GA

#251 Apr 24, 2013
Five more shot dead, ain't freedom to be stupid a great thing.
get it right

Dawsonville, GA

#252 Apr 27, 2013
five more wrote:
Five more shot dead, ain't freedom to be stupid a great thing.
And nearly 10,000 innocents butchered since you posted this.
please

Dawsonville, GA

#253 Apr 28, 2013
Whats your source for the numbers you post. Post ths source please. Also at what point do you consider a cell human, at conception or maybe even before?
walther

United States

#254 May 3, 2013
I can't believe how many people take stock in media or gov. Polls.
read it

Cornelia, GA

#255 May 3, 2013
please wrote:
Whats your source for the numbers you post. Post ths source please. Also at what point do you consider a cell human, at conception or maybe even before?
I'll settle for conception. Google it yourself if require citation.
all about you

Ellaville, GA

#256 May 4, 2013
read it wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll settle for conception. Google it yourself if require citation.
So if a man uses a condom to abort conception you think that's wrong?

And you also believe your spiritual beliefs should be forced on all women regardless of their own personal spiritual belief's. And that a woman should have no input on what she does with her own body.

The end result being its always all about you.
Because

Jefferson, GA

#257 May 4, 2013
If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more "safe" according to the government...you might live in a country founded by geniuses and ran by idiots.
Betty and Bob Pruitt

Young Harris, GA

#258 May 4, 2013
Because wrote:
in a country founded by geniuses and ran by idiots.
We have that now!
question

Cornelia, GA

#259 May 5, 2013
all about you wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a man uses a condom to abort conception you think that's wrong?
And you also believe your spiritual beliefs should be forced on all women regardless of their own personal spiritual belief's. And that a woman should have no input on what she does with her own body.
The end result being its always all about you.
So the human being that was created has no right to life and in fact can be dismembered with impunity?
It is a human life we are talking about, not a celery stalk or a 2x4, a human being.
Energy

Young Harris, GA

#260 May 6, 2013
Life is cheap! Every day in this country countless children are murdered and molested, go hungry, are abused, neglected, denied medical care, even tortured and....

Do something for them - first!
19 people shot

Warner Robins, GA

#261 May 12, 2013
Guns don't kill, nuts with guns kill.

WHY does the NRA have a problem with more and better background checks. Because they are funded by the weapons industry and they have convinced their base the government is going to take your gun, hogwash.

Nineteen people in New Orleans, including two children, were injured on Sunday when multiple gunmen opened fire on a Motherís Day parade, police said.
OK Then

Braselton, GA

#262 May 12, 2013
19 people shot wrote:
Guns don't kill, nuts with guns kill.
WHY does the NRA have a problem with more and better background checks. Because they are funded by the weapons industry and they have convinced their base the government is going to take your gun, hogwash.
Nineteen people in New Orleans, including two children, were injured on Sunday when multiple gunmen opened fire on a Motherís Day parade, police said.
I can picture it. Two guns ran toward the crowd and said one to another, lets open fire on these people.
tracker

Young Harris, GA

#263 May 13, 2013
Only nuts with guns shoot innocent people, so the country should take guns away from them and to be on the safe side, from anyone who drives an F-150 and lives in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and South Carolina.
Stop the killing

Young Harris, GA

#264 May 14, 2013
His father taught his son well, and another child died:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Father-A...

Okay, gun nuts, put a spin on it, say who the hell cares, it wasn't my kid. The kid has every right to a weapon. His father isn't responsible, the media is. Those things happen, don't blame guns. Say whatever the NRA has told you to say.
must be it

Jefferson, GA

#265 May 18, 2013
OK Then wrote:
<quoted text>I can picture it. Two guns ran toward the crowd and said one to another, lets open fire on these people.
You do have a point, guns can't run!! People with guns do all the killing, its not the metal that kills its the nut with the metal in hand. Lets just imagine this nut doesn't have that gun, just a baseball bat or a knife. How many people do you think this nut will kill before someone stops him. All you hero's with guns haven't stopped one of these horrific events yet. What are you and your fellow gun totting hero's waiting on?

Why do you have a problem with a complete background and mental health check on any gun sold anywhere by anybody. Are you afraid of the mental health check, that must be it.
Vet

Young Harris, GA

#266 May 18, 2013
must be it wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have a point, guns can't run!! People with guns do all the killing, its not the metal that kills its the nut with the metal in hand. Lets just imagine this nut doesn't have that gun, just a baseball bat or a knife. How many people do you think this nut will kill before someone stops him. All you hero's with guns haven't stopped one of these horrific events yet. What are you and your fellow gun totting hero's waiting on?
Why do you have a problem with a complete background and mental health check on any gun sold anywhere by anybody. Are you afraid of the mental health check, that must be it.
A vast majority of gun nuts have a "ego-hero complex," believing that if they carry they'll someday get in a tv-style shoot-out with a bad guy trying to kidnap a child or rape a beautiful girl, and they'll rush in like Rambo and save the day, of course. It rarely happens, if ever.

On the streets, if shots are fired and when the police respond, and they see a "civilian" there with a weapon, they'll order him ONCE to drop it before opening fire, as well they should. That happens, frequently!

What the law is going to be as it relates to combat vets is a concern. A vast majority come home with serious mental issues - and the training they've had, and the experiences, might put them in a high-risk category and preclude them from legally having a weapon.
OK Then

Clarkesville, GA

#267 May 18, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
A vast majority of gun nuts have a "ego-hero complex," believing that if they carry they'll someday get in a tv-style shoot-out with a bad guy trying to kidnap a child or rape a beautiful girl, and they'll rush in like Rambo and save the day, of course. It rarely happens, if ever.
On the streets, if shots are fired and when the police respond, and they see a "civilian" there with a weapon, they'll order him ONCE to drop it before opening fire, as well they should. That happens, frequently!
What the law is going to be as it relates to combat vets is a concern. A vast majority come home with serious mental issues - and the training they've had, and the experiences, might put them in a high-risk category and preclude them from legally having a weapon.
So, if all the good guys that have guns no longer have guns (Obama and cissy want) then the odds of helping someone goes to nothing. You don't want a gun, fine. Just keep your liberal progressive hands off mine.
Vet

Young Harris, GA

#268 May 18, 2013
OK Then wrote:
<quoted text>So, if all the good guys that have guns no longer have guns (Obama and cissy want) then the odds of helping someone goes to nothing. You don't want a gun, fine. Just keep your liberal progressive hands off mine.
You missed the point, or ignored it, Rambo! And you sure as hell assumed a lot, which your types are bane to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I can't believe nobody checked 11 min Liemore paris 15
Election Results 12 min MANY WRECKS AND DOPE 15
Eric Wood is toast ! 16 min Liemore paris 7
Aarons Auto Care Center in Hiawassee 23 min The WB 22
Need a place to rent 44 min Barney and Amy Gi... 14
Poll hottest women in Hiawassee? (Jun '09) 2 hr native 41
3-1 Mason over Wood 9 hr Dirty Harry Callahan 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Young Harris Mortgages