majority rules

Jefferson, GA

#229 Apr 3, 2013
Strong majorities of Americans say they favor stricter gun laws, including an assault-weapons ban and universal background checks for private gun sales, according to a new national poll. Six in 10 respondents – including 83 percent of Democrats, 43 percent of gun owners and 37 percent of Republicans – believe that the laws covering gun sales should be stricter. This figure is virtually unchanged from the 61 percent who backed stricter gun laws when a NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll asked the same question in February.
billy bob

Jefferson, GA

#230 Apr 3, 2013
Because wrote:
<quoted text>Could you be more vague?
News Flash!?!?!? Hispanics are the fastest growing segment in the United States and will replace white Anglo Saxons as the majority in the not too distant future. The influence on government that close minded, gun toting, government hating conservatives have in this country is just about over.
We will always have guns in our homes in this country, it is our right to bear arms. We just don’t need weapons of mass destruction on the streets where any nut can buy one at the local gun show. It's just stupid and we as a whole are better than that.
Because

Homer, GA

#231 Apr 3, 2013
billy bob wrote:
<quoted text>
News Flash!?!?!? Hispanics are the fastest growing segment in the United States and will replace white Anglo Saxons as the majority in the not too distant future. The influence on government that close minded, gun toting, government hating conservatives have in this country is just about over.
We will always have guns in our homes in this country, it is our right to bear arms. We just don’t need weapons of mass destruction on the streets where any nut can buy one at the local gun show. It's just stupid and we as a whole are better than that.
If I was the only one in the USA that had a gun, I still am protected by the constitution even if I do have an "weapon of mass destruction."
The truth

Birmingham, AL

#232 Apr 3, 2013
You libtards are a special kind off dumba$$ aren't you. Bless your hearts.
FYI

Young Harris, GA

#233 Apr 3, 2013
Because wrote:
<quoted text>If I was the only one in the USA that had a gun, I still am protected by the constitution even if I do have an "weapon of mass destruction."
You're under the false impression that the Constitution gives you "absolute protection." It doesn't. Restrictions and exceptions abound in the law.

Assault weapons and high capacity mags were banned once, and they can be again. You man not own or possess a machine gun, or noise suppressor, or grenades, or....
Because

Homer, GA

#234 Apr 3, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
You're under the false impression that the Constitution gives you "absolute protection." It doesn't. Restrictions and exceptions abound in the law.
Assault weapons and high capacity mags were banned once, and they can be again. You man not own or possess a machine gun, or noise suppressor, or grenades, or....
Weapon of mass destruction was in reference to a prior stupid post someone made. No weapons or mags will be banned. Enough folks realize we are protected by the constitution, but not you it seems.
MCdude

Dawsonville, GA

#235 Apr 3, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Assault weapons? Or assault STYLE weapons? Which one? Sure I can own a machine gun find a class III licensed dealer and have some $. Whats your point? I'm sure you know nothing about weapons. I can fire a 10/22 faster than you can an ar-15. It's called bump firing. Shall we ban 10/22's next?.. I'm still trying to figure out why CRIMINALS will follow these laws and not the rest? Or am I missing something?.. Let's look back at who else promoted gun control shall we? Hitler, Tung, Pol Pot, Castro, Chavez, Marx. What a great list of people you share ideas with. Now , here is a man I share ideas with...“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”
Thomas Jefferson Papers
FYI

Young Harris, GA

#236 Apr 3, 2013
MCdude wrote:
<quoted text>Assault weapons? Or assault STYLE weapons? Which one? Sure I can own a machine gun find a class III licensed dealer and have some $. Whats your point? I'm sure you know nothing about weapons. I can fire a 10/22 faster than you can an ar-15. It's called bump firing. Shall we ban 10/22's next?.. I'm still trying to figure out why CRIMINALS will follow these laws and not the rest? Or am I missing something?.. Let's look back at who else promoted gun control shall we? Hitler, Tung, Pol Pot, Castro, Chavez, Marx. What a great list of people you share ideas with. Now , here is a man I share ideas with...“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”
Thomas Jefferson Papers
Add Bill Clinton to the collection.

You are missing something - the point, that the 2nd is not "absolute," or "unconditional," or "unrestricted" as so often claimed or interpreted.
FYI

Young Harris, GA

#237 Apr 3, 2013
And FIW - those of us who are not obsessed with guns doesn't mean we are against owning them for defensive purposes.
MCdude

Dawsonville, GA

#238 Apr 4, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Add Bill Clinton to the collection.
You are missing something - the point, that the 2nd is not "absolute," or "unconditional," or "unrestricted" as so often claimed or interpreted.
"shall not be infringed" ?
FYI

Young Harris, GA

#239 Apr 4, 2013
MCdude wrote:
<quoted text>"shall not be infringed" ?
As I recall, yep, that's what it says BUT government uses their power to regulate/control (and tax) everything, and to them that isn't the same as infringing on a Constitutional right.

What Congress can't or won't do, the states are doing. Take CT for example.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/03/17...

Their new law, which to me seems reasonable, doesn't say you can't own weapons, which would be against the 2nd and would fail on challenge even in lower court on Constitutional grounds, instead they're "regulating" which ones you can and can't own and a bunch of other stuff, most of which you haven't been allowed to in years.

Like all government regulations, given time it can be nulled as the situation changes. It has been before and will this time too but right now it's a hot-button issue that'll eventually die down.
grow up

Jefferson, GA

#240 Apr 4, 2013
MCdude wrote:
<quoted text>Assault weapons? Or assault STYLE weapons? Which one? Sure I can own a machine gun find a class III licensed dealer and have some $. Whats your point? I'm sure you know nothing about weapons. I can fire a 10/22 faster than you can an ar-15. It's called bump firing. Shall we ban 10/22's next?.. I'm still trying to figure out why CRIMINALS will follow these laws and not the rest? Or am I missing something?.. Let's look back at who else promoted gun control shall we? Hitler, Tung, Pol Pot, Castro, Chavez, Marx. What a great list of people you share ideas with. Now , here is a man I share ideas with...“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”
Thomas Jefferson Papers
You are overlooking the time element. Will bad guys follow the law, NO. When the U.S. cut off Cuba they had mostly American cars on the road. Over time they began to disappear, the same will happen with the types of weapons being talked about. The sooner we start the process the better off we will be.
No matter what you and the boys at the gun range think, the MAJORITY of Americans want these guns gone! Thomas Jefferson had no comprehension of the type of weapons the U.S. can bring to the game today. This country was a NEW experiment and know one knew what to expect, time changes everything. You can still have your guns to kill the IRS agent who comes to your door to steal your money. You just won't be able to fill him full of lead before he hits the ground. I know you will miss that feeling of complete control, but you just need to grow up.
MCdude

Dawsonville, GA

#241 Apr 4, 2013
grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are overlooking the time element. Will bad guys follow the law, NO. When the U.S. cut off Cuba they had mostly American cars on the road. Over time they began to disappear, the same will happen with the types of weapons being talked about. The sooner we start the process the better off we will be.
No matter what you and the boys at the gun range think, the MAJORITY of Americans want these guns gone! Thomas Jefferson had no comprehension of the type of weapons the U.S. can bring to the game today. This country was a NEW experiment and know one knew what to expect, time changes everything. You can still have your guns to kill the IRS agent who comes to your door to steal your money. You just won't be able to fill him full of lead before he hits the ground. I know you will miss that feeling of complete control, but you just need to grow up.
I will always have these weapons.. who is going to come take them from me?....You? Your Obama? Neither have the balls to do it
FYI

Young Harris, GA

#242 Apr 4, 2013
MCdude wrote:
<quoted text>I will always have these weapons.. who is going to come take them from me?....You? Your Obama? Neither have the balls to do it
Don't be so paranoid! Nobody is going to come for your guns, unless you insist on waving them around in public and daring anyone, like the police, to take 'em off you cause you got rights! Try to intimidate them with one and the expression, "... out of my cold dead hand...," will apply.

And do yourself a favor, stay away from the school and the movie theater. ;o)
Dont Bet

Jefferson, GA

#243 Apr 4, 2013
MCdude wrote:
<quoted text>I will always have these weapons.. who is going to come take them from me?....You? Your Obama? Neither have the balls to do it
Don't bet the roof over your head.
MCdude

Dawsonville, GA

#244 Apr 4, 2013
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so paranoid! Nobody is going to come for your guns, unless you insist on waving them around in public and daring anyone, like the police, to take 'em off you cause you got rights! Try to intimidate them with one and the expression, "... out of my cold dead hand...," will apply.
And do yourself a favor, stay away from the school and the movie theater. ;o)
I bet you would bed down with Obama given the chance.
FYI

Young Harris, GA

#245 Apr 4, 2013
MCdude wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you would bed down with Obama given the chance.
Maybe it's a good thing you have guns because you'd never make a living gambling. ;o)
sense

Jefferson, GA

#246 Apr 5, 2013
MCdude wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you would bed down with Obama given the chance.
Do me a favor, stand in front of your mirror. Can you tell the difference between your ass and the gaping hole in your brain? Get your gun to help you, it has more sense.
MCdude

Cleveland, GA

#247 Apr 6, 2013
sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Do me a favor, stand in front of your mirror. Can you tell the difference between your ass and the gaping hole in your brain? Get your gun to help you, it has more sense.
Can I stand in front of my mirror with both me and your wife.? she would be facing it to of course..
help

Dawsonville, GA

#248 Apr 9, 2013
MCdude wrote:
<quoted text>Can I stand in front of my mirror with both me and your wife.? she would be facing it to of course..
McDude, I think not. McDope fits you much better, arrogant and dumb in the same pair of boots.
Big talkers rarely actually do anything other than talk. You need help!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump brings country to a new low. 2 hr Ugly is a PIG 103
School system secret 3 hr Fud 7
Union County School Board / superintendent 6 hr Great Muta 8
Mickey Cummings = RINO 13 hr Barry Obama 396
Poll Have you served on Towns Co Jury in past 10 yrs? (Jan '08) 14 hr Local 39
Smoke 20 hr doo 18
Clinton Sun Drop it 30

Young Harris Jobs

Personal Finance

Young Harris Mortgages