Forestry Officials Battle Brush Fire

Forestry Officials Battle Brush Fire

There are 6 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Nov 8, 2007, titled Forestry Officials Battle Brush Fire. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

United States Forestry officials were fighting a brush fire Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning in the area of Young Harris and Hiawasee in Townes County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Newnan, GA

#1 Nov 8, 2007
I pray that God will send rain to help put the fire out. I pray for all theose that are effected by the fire and all those that are helping to put the fire out.

Norcross, GA

#2 Nov 9, 2007
I'm sorry, closest was misspelled in the last paragraph. Also it's Towns County, not Townes-in the picture captions. Otherwise, thank you for the information, It is hard to find information on small town news.

#3 Nov 9, 2007
I was just in Hiawassee for lunch at Asiano, and noted that the fire towards Young Harris seems to have picked up. We live on Owl Creek Road, south of the town of Hiawassee, and the smoke is quite thick.

What is the percentage of containment of this fire on Friday afternoon

Morehead, KY

#4 Nov 10, 2007
Yes we need prayer, it's getting worse on the areas that it has spread. Smoke is blacker and thicker this morning. Wish all the gawkers would stay out of the highways and residential sections. This is not a sightseeing tour, it's a serious problem and all the traffic, etc. isn't helping.
Jojo Mojo

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#5 Nov 11, 2007
I was just north of Young Harris today 11/11/07 and there was a thick blanket of smoke over the town. The trails around the Brasstown Valley Resort were closed and guests there were asking about refunds. Staff there said this was the worst they had seen in the week of the fire. The plume was blowing northward toward Young Harris from a mountain north of Brasstown Bald.

Hollywood, FL

#6 Nov 13, 2007
Is there a map of the location?
How close is it to Ramey Mtn?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump? / Hilary? 1 hr Yes I can 36
Hillary Clinton for PRESIDENT ! 1 hr Nor taxes 5
Clinton Flyer 1 hr vote him out 27
Hillary and Christians 1 hr Muff Cummings 16
Poor brandon 1 hr Lindy 76
Barrett is a coward 3 hr BRANDON 6
Commission Race 3 hr good grief 86

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance