GaM

Jefferson, GA

#1 Jan 9, 2013
Anyone else without water service right now? 6:53 PM on January 9.
sunshine2

Blairsville, GA

#2 May 1, 2013
GaM wrote:
Anyone else without water service right now? 6:53 PM on January 9.
Anyone having issues with water bills arriving late?
sunshine2

Blairsville, GA

#3 May 1, 2013
My water bills arrive too late to pay on time; still must pay late charge?
Overhead

Blairsville, GA

#4 May 1, 2013
sunshine2 wrote:
My water bills arrive too late to pay on time; still must pay late charge?
This is 2013 NOT 1957! Have them electronically debit your checking account each month for whatever the bill is and you won't have to worry about that!
Cookie

Cleveland, GA

#5 May 2, 2013
Some of us still want to keep the Post Office in business......and NOT participate in online billing...

The question then.....Is it the water company or Post Office that has the delay in getting the bill to you?
Overhead

Blairsville, GA

#6 May 2, 2013
Cookie wrote:
Some of us still want to keep the Post Office in business......and NOT participate in online billing...
The question then.....Is it the water company or Post Office that has the delay in getting the bill to you?
You are unique there! FYI - it costs taxpayers over and above the postage to handle a 1st class letter. It also costs both water systems more to process a bill the old fashioned way than it does electronically.

There are two "systems" here, that share the same facilities, with the city owning the sewer system and charging the county customers/system. Duplication, but it keeps more people on the payroll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bare Meadows Trivia 25 min Question 18
Lamar and his County Tax Rate 30 min Hack 84
A Blairsville Restaurant refused service 55 min trail90 14
Local Radio Tom & Linda Hurd 1 hr long term 14
School Taxes (Nov '13) 5 hr Hack 44
Community Center Funding 9 hr Yawn 8
Gas Cheaper in Blue Ridge 9 hr Andy 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Young Harris Mortgages