Foreclosure, I need help and cannot f...

Foreclosure, I need help and cannot find no one to help ?

Posted in the Young Harris Forum

I need help

United States

#1 Feb 16, 2013
I need help,
I need work, I have been in construction all my life and I do good quality work for every project that i get involved in. Right now i am doing home maintenance/handyman service and the phone has not rung since Thanksgiving, except for 2-3 minor repairs which barely put fuel in my vehicle. I rented my home and have been camped-out living in my concrete garage using a job kerosene heater for heat for survival, and now the tenants have moved out securing something smaller and cheaper. So consequently I am now going through foreclosure, the bank has accepted my proposal to work it out, but now i am coming down to the point even beyond that if something does not break in my favor within this coming week I become homeless.

In this world they say sometimes you cannot count your friends on one hand, I have reached out to many friends with no results. They also say a stranger is not a friend until you meet them.

The word of God says, "Seek and ye shall find"

So this is my attempt to do just that, along with sharing with others that find and feel themselves not only in a similar situation but distressed in other ways.

I have been recently diagnosed with a form of leukemia, with no insurance this has just added to the challenges.
I do not, I repeat, I do not want pity for my misfortunes. I also realize that my current situation certainly is not only because of the state of our economic times but also my actions or inactions of certain decisions I have made. I also know that instead of being aggressively proactive early on, I been delayed reactive. Undoubtedly because of moments and days of fear, impending doom and depressions,for which I am persistently fending off. I know I am better than this! I know once I find something promising and gainful I will leave that mind-set in dust behind me.

I know that there are people out there far worse off than I am right now, at least at this time.

I am writing this in the hopes that on the outside chance that there is someone capable, able and or willing to help and or aide me and if not maybe you may know of someone that would consider

I came accross the Pledge posted below on the internet, for any person, couple or family that it may be helpful to you. I myself am single 55 years old and in this alone.

Thank you in advance to your compassion and consideration to what I have had to say here and hopefully there are more positive remarks than negatives.

The Love in the Time of Foreclosure Pledge

I,[say your name], pledge:

To not allow this foreclosure to get the best of me.

I will mine this financial crisis for every opportunity.

I will stay in communication with my family and friends.

I will stay in communication with the bank and my creditors.

I will learn every lesson there is to be learned from this.

I will live in the moment.

I will ask for and accept help.

I will take time every day to connect with the people in my life.

I will take time every day to do something that makes me happy.

I will empower myself to be happy without the need to spend money.

I will continue to live my life productively and responsibly.

I will acknowledge my fear and act in the face of it.

I pledge to Love. To love others, to love myself and to love my life…

…in the time of foreclosure

…in the time of hardship of any kind

This pledge made the difference for us.

Thank You for your consideration! I can be reached at.

[email protected]
olympic angels

Ogden, UT

#2 Feb 17, 2013
you are up the creek without a paddle there.
salvage all you can an get to hell on. it will not get better there.
Old Timer

Blairsville, GA

#3 Feb 17, 2013
olympic angels wrote:
you are up the creek without a paddle there.
salvage all you can an get to hell on. it will not get better there.
Don't lie to the man, it got a hell of a lot better after you packed your $%(^ and got out, IDIOT...
olympic angels

Ogden, UT

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text> Don't lie to the man, it got a hell of a lot better after you packed your $%(^ and got out, IDIOT...
you wrong again, right after i left the bottom droped out, the banks went busted etc.
yes its only gona get worse, with the reputation towns county has the tourist trade will totally dry up soon.
you must be one of my inbred, criminal, bullying family member.
answer

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Feb 17, 2013
I would talk to an attorney. There might be something they can do to give you extra time. Also apply for medicaid which will keep those medical bills taken care of. You are in my prayers.
comment

United States

#6 Feb 17, 2013
Medicaid means your on welfare and the working men and women are paying for your past mistakes.And your current failures.I bet your still a proud DEMOCRAT
Wake Up

Blairsville, GA

#7 Feb 17, 2013
comment wrote:
Medicaid means your on welfare and the working men and women are paying for your past mistakes.And your current failures.I bet your still a proud DEMOCRAT
. I like that, a Kendall one at that...
I need help

United States

#8 Feb 17, 2013
comment wrote:
No sir, i dont want to get and or be on disabilty/medicaid, i want to work! I have numerous lines out there. I have been trying to fend off foreclosure, rerent my home, and go to either North Dakota or back to Afghanistan.

I was over in Afghanistan in 2009, but the company that i worked for was more interested in suing the government contractorly than preforming, I cut my own throat rather than play their game. But i will tell you this, the company was awarded another job, a Parrachute rigging building, i was pricing-out the electrical and airconditioning with a British Company there on base and i inadvertently emailed the contract along with the spec file. One week later we met at his office and he said, " I have one question for you, why are you guys building this thing for $485,000.00. I paused and said, well that is what the company came up with, Why? He begins to proclaim, your company will learn real quick, we get $1,000,000.00 per building here. Well like i said this is beyond what principles i stand for, but i guess i just should have played the game, my life would probably be different today, I would have had my home paid off by now, the IRS taken care off and money saved up, unless a rocket or a bullet would have found me first.

I will pay for my own mistakes!

And also, I am registered Democrat, but i voted Republican and or against as many incumbent as much as i saw fit. You see i vote for whom I think will represent my values, and also by the way, before the 2010 election, i went into the registration office to change to Independent,,,,,, Georgia will not alow you to change your affiliation once you are registered!

I have simply reached out seeking help, not a free ride, I have a little bit of colatoral that is to be past down to my grandbabies.

I know I have helped people in the past myself within my means and just thought that maybe if i reached out, maybe there is at least one person out there able and willing to be some temporary wings.

Thank You!
olympic angels

Ogden, UT

#9 Feb 17, 2013
I need help wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, i dont want to get and or be on disabilty/medicaid, i want to work! I have numerous lines out there. I have been trying to fend off foreclosure, rerent my home, and go to either North Dakota or back to Afghanistan.
I was over in Afghanistan in 2009, but the company that i worked for was more interested in suing the government contractorly than preforming, I cut my own throat rather than play their game. But i will tell you this, the company was awarded another job, a Parrachute rigging building, i was pricing-out the electrical and airconditioning with a British Company there on base and i inadvertently emailed the contract along with the spec file. One week later we met at his office and he said, " I have one question for you, why are you guys building this thing for $485,000.00. I paused and said, well that is what the company came up with, Why? He begins to proclaim, your company will learn real quick, we get $1,000,000.00 per building here. Well like i said this is beyond what principles i stand for, but i guess i just should have played the game, my life would probably be different today, I would have had my home paid off by now, the IRS taken care off and money saved up, unless a rocket or a bullet would have found me first.
I will pay for my own mistakes!
And also, I am registered Democrat, but i voted Republican and or against as many incumbent as much as i saw fit. You see i vote for whom I think will represent my values, and also by the way, before the 2010 election, i went into the registration office to change to Independent,,,,,, Georgia will not alow you to change your affiliation once you are registered!
I have simply reached out seeking help, not a free ride, I have a little bit of colatoral that is to be past down to my grandbabies.
I know I have helped people in the past myself within my means and just thought that maybe if i reached out, maybe there is at least one person out there able and willing to be some temporary wings.
Thank You!
n dakota is bumming, the only thing no places to live. they building as fast as they can.
i saw a news story carpenter building apartments was living in his new crew cab truck on the property.
I need help

United States

#10 Feb 17, 2013
olympic angels wrote:
<quoted text>
n dakota is bumming, the only thing no places to live. they building as fast as they can.
i saw a news story carpenter building apartments was living in his new crew cab truck on the property.
Yes I know! there are probably approximately 50 or 60 people up there from Towns co, the week before last it was -22 deg low and -11 for the high, been studying it for several months now. Financially it is all relative, there are people up there that own homes and are renting 1 or 2 of their bedrooms out for $800.00 -$1,200.00 including everything, there are a variety of situations there. There is money, cash flow and they want you to work 50-100 hrs per week. There are man camps, heard there was a neighborhood of 5,000 homes going up, many pros and cons,,
olympic angels

Ogden, UT

#11 Feb 18, 2013
I need help wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know! there are probably approximately 50 or 60 people up there from Towns co, the week before last it was -22 deg low and -11 for the high, been studying it for several months now. Financially it is all relative, there are people up there that own homes and are renting 1 or 2 of their bedrooms out for $800.00 -$1,200.00 including everything, there are a variety of situations there. There is money, cash flow and they want you to work 50-100 hrs per week. There are man camps, heard there was a neighborhood of 5,000 homes going up, many pros and cons,,
yeah its cold over there, the money is good. there are lotsa folks from here are over there. good luck an hope everything works out for you,
boots

Homer, GA

#13 Mar 3, 2013
My best idea for you is Travel Trailer and get to N.Dakota.Maybe you can get a hook up there,before you go.Try to contact some one here who has someone there.The money is fantastic.Be ready to WORK pipeline is not for WIMPS.I done it for 15yrs and retired.Dallas Tx.looks to be the next boom.We are talking 6 figures and up.Depends on what you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School Taxes (Nov '13) 1 hr Q Tip basement 53
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) 1 hr Just Mike 78
Restaurant health scores 1 hr Just Mike 8
2016 Georgia Mountain Fair 3 hr Seems to me 10
EMC qualifiers Sun roundabout 2
SPLOST 3 What's the Truth? Sun ACOG 6
A Blairsville Restaurant refused service Sun got that right 47
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Young Harris Mortgages