Why bother with a X-Mas tree

Why bother with a X-Mas tree

Posted in the Young Harris Forum

Question

Young Harris, GA

#1 Nov 22, 2012
Do many singles bother with them? For some who are alone, it's the season for reflection, a reason to get plastered, one of regret, to perhaps commit suicide.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#2 Nov 22, 2012
Question wrote:
Do many singles bother with them? For some who are alone, it's the season for reflection, a reason to get plastered, one of regret, to perhaps commit suicide.
I am happy you posted here. Holidays are very hard on many people. Being alone is something you have to work at. Go out to any gathering with a sign saying you are alone and need help. There will be people who will help. Don't be imbarrassed to do it, help yourself.
Hiawassee

Young Harris, GA

#3 Nov 23, 2012
Bears Way wrote:
<quoted text> I am happy you posted here. Holidays are very hard on many people. Being alone is something you have to work at. Go out to any gathering with a sign saying you are alone and need help. There will be people who will help. Don't be imbarrassed to do it, help yourself.
Your post, you pompus ass, is malicious, insensitive, plain stupid and totally uncalled for!
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#4 Nov 23, 2012
Hiawassee wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post, you pompus ass, is malicious, insensitive, plain stupid and totally uncalled for!
I can feel his or her pain, they need to ask for help. I wasn't being insensitive, they need to ask for help. I know , I've been there.
Abc

Jefferson, GA

#5 Nov 23, 2012
The example of you using "X-mas" reflects why you are feeling that way.
Yous

Hiawassee, GA

#6 Nov 23, 2012
Bears Way wrote:
<quoted text> I can feel his or her pain, they need to ask for help. I wasn't being insensitive, they need to ask for help. I know , I've been there.
You still need help, you moron. Don't be too "imbarrassed." You're just stupid.
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#7 Nov 23, 2012
Yous wrote:
<quoted text>
You should look in the mirror.
Beargate

Jefferson, GA

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Abc wrote:
The example of you using "X-mas" reflects why you are feeling that way.
Good point. Do you know the origin of "Xmas"?
Exterminator

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Nov 28, 2012
Yous wrote:
<quoted text>
Still being the mean spirited jerk bugsey?
Boatin Girl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Nov 28, 2012
Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /&#712;&#603;ksm&# 601;s/, but it, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /&#712;kr&#618;sm& #601;s/. The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass,[1] while the "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#972; &#962;, translated as "Christ".[2]

I myself , think it is the absence of Christ, and think along those lines.

There is a common misconception that the word Xmas is a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas".
Beargate wrote:
<quoted text>Good point. Do you know the origin of "Xmas"?
Bears Way

Hollywood, FL

#11 Nov 29, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, wear and do you isit the No Ga Mountains?
LOL

Young Harris, GA

#12 Nov 29, 2012
Bears Way wrote:
Ft. Lauderdale, wear and do you isit the No Ga Mountains?
Try it again, using ten fingers. ;o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
zoning in towns county 1 hr Mom3 16
Current issues on sheriff 1 hr Mom3 25
If you cant pay your bills stop spending foolishly 2 hr baby boomer 16
Places to rent in Blairsville/surrounding areas Sun Sick Man Freud 8
Low income apartments Sun LOL 9
Nates Sun Anthony Bourdain 68
retiring to blairsville (Feb '15) Sun God Save Our Moun... 94

Young Harris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance