Has Your Family Ever Turned Their Bac...

Has Your Family Ever Turned Their Back On You

Posted in the Young Harris Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Blessed

Jefferson, GA

#1 Dec 30, 2009
Mine has, and I have always been there for them. Sometimes, it does not matter what you do for people, they can be ungrateful and evil, so I turn to God, and he is my redeemer.
threadrunner

Jefferson, GA

#2 Dec 30, 2009
There is a reason they turned their back on your and there is always two ends of a stick, or should I say, two sides to a story. I am not being mean, but it's true, families don't just turn their back unless something has happened and it involved you too.
well

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 30, 2009
If you have some one in your family who is petty and get's their feelings hurt easily, then you I suppose you have one end and a half.
If you have a compulsive liar in your family who begs for pitty and uses ANYTHING to get it, like laying claim to being shunned, when in fact, they have been treated like royalty, you could have one true story.
Yes, I have and to be honest, I have turned my back several times on some of my family to keep from seeing them self destruct when they won't listen to reasoning.
I have also ducked in the grocery store on a day when I was sick as a dog and seen one of my family members. That one member bitches and talks about everyone in 3 counties so don't give me grief over doing so. You would have done it too!

On the return end of this, I have a family members who do not talk to me or my children unless they need something or want something. I always catch myself saying that I will not do for them again because of it but by gosh I always end up doing for them again.

Then I have the family members who are to wrapped up in their own world to know anyone else exsist. That is alright by me because I understand that when you work and have children, it gets very hard and the days slip by so fast.

When I got divorced, I had family members who have not talked to me since. That is fine by me. I am over it and they are still carrying that load. I will never understand what my marriage had to do with them being related to me. I was born into the family. I chose him 19 years after that.

Then theres the family who have their own guilt that forces them to need to justify that guilt for what they have done. So they drag any stronger family member into it because the strong survive, bounce back better and thats the only survival they can hang to.

Guilt is the overall reason as the person above originally said. However some family members in my family can be wishy washy so no, I don't agree with the two sides to every story. I have some really crazy ordeals happen in my family but thankfully the sane ever-loving family members make up for those who are - well- guilt driven and selfish.

Best of luck. It's hard when family scraps happen. Most of all, families need one another and should have good relationships.
moonbeam

Jefferson, GA

#4 Dec 30, 2009
I have turned my back on a few family members that think they do absolutely nothing and are all innocent, yet they insult, belittle, pick fights, and anything else they can do when i'm around. I choose not to be conflicted and it's easier just to let them live their life and me mine. It works out better that way. I agree with the poster who said there's two sides to everything. There's a reason they turned their back, even if you don't see it.

As for my family member, i get better treatment from strangers than I do from them and i don't have to be treated that way. So good riddance.
well

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Dec 30, 2009
You probably have the right attitude. Sometimes our family members need to know that we are not born to satisfy their life or to give them ours. That is the problem with some of mine, they think the other family members owe them everything. Heck, they think the world owes them. Love is not measured out by how much a person gives but boy hurt can decrease the love!
threadrunner

Jefferson, GA

#6 Dec 30, 2009
This reminds me of people who are arrested and go to jail. It's never their fault, they didn't do ANYTHING. Then, why are you sitting in jail? Same applies to those family members who claim they didn't do anything for other family members to turn their back. Obviously, something was done or they wouldn't of turned their back on you.
mouth

Pendergrass, GA

#7 Dec 30, 2009
Blessed wrote:
Mine has, and I have always been there for them. Sometimes, it does not matter what you do for people, they can be ungrateful and evil, so I turn to God, and he is my redeemer.
sounds like you stuck you noise where it didn't belong. you should take care of you own affairs and leave others alone.
well

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Dec 30, 2009
Well, the jail birds will keep repeating their offenses until it either clicks in their head or they die. Same for the family members. They will either live or learn. You can't beat common sense in to a book smart person and you can't waste the good life you have on things you can't change on your own.
It's a lot to do with chain reactions. How you react is what matters. Good luck with family. They can only break you if you let them.
well

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Dec 30, 2009
mouth wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like you stuck you noise where it didn't belong. you should take care of you own affairs and leave others alone.
I don't know the problem that person has but I agree that people need to quit worrying with every body else's faults and start working on their own. Things can't get better if you allow others to destroy you.
zales

Pendergrass, GA

#10 Dec 31, 2009
mouth this sounds like somebody i know. this said person claims to be a christian, is involved in the church, does missionary work,caters, and works at UCB. but yet said person has done nothing but cause trouble for their sibling and my FRIEND ever since they have dated.Said person should have (and should) kept their noise out of sibling business from the beginning, but no!! said person cant keep their noise out. said person has to keep trouble around. some christian said person is.Said person is no christian, said person is devil in sheep clothing.Like Well stated above quit worring about everybodys else's faults and start working on there own.
mouth

Pendergrass, GA

#11 Dec 31, 2009
they all claim to be christians!
If I was your friend, said person would be eating their meals through a straw.
zales

Pendergrass, GA

#12 Dec 31, 2009
I think its coming to it. All I can say is I hope I'm there to see the exorcism
mouth

Pendergrass, GA

#13 Dec 31, 2009
CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!!!!
boodoodle

United States

#14 Dec 31, 2009
The problem is, you don't choose your family, however you can choose your friends. I had one family member that was so narcissistic that she didn't know anyone else existed but her .... life was all about HER and I did everything in my power to stay away from HER.
turtledove

Jefferson, GA

#15 Dec 31, 2009
As far as them turning their back on us. So far we have not been that Lucky.. But there is always NEXT year
Mister XYZ

Athens, GA

#16 Dec 31, 2009
All familes can't be like the perfect ones on TV.
the lulu

Jefferson, GA

#17 Dec 31, 2009
Blessed wrote:
you are one PITIFUL sould...nothing for christmas...now the family turning their back on you...damn...you need to contact someone in hollywood...maybe they can do a movie on your pathetic existence...oh, BTW, my family has NEVER turned their back on me...nor me on them...
Tired of her big mouth

Jefferson, GA

#18 Dec 31, 2009
Who thinks LULU is a Bitch?...Ok class you can all put your hands down now...lol
Lulu is clueless

Jefferson, GA

#19 Dec 31, 2009
the lulu wrote:
<quoted text>you are one PITIFUL sould...nothing for christmas...now the family turning their back on you...damn...you need to contact someone in hollywood...maybe they can do a movie on your pathetic existence...oh, BTW, my family has NEVER turned their back on me...nor me on them...
I never said I did not get anything for Christmas, just because no one bought you anything, does not mean everyone else did not get anything..lol
the lulu

Jefferson, GA

#20 Dec 31, 2009
Tired of her big mouth wrote:
Who thinks LULU is a Bitch?...Ok class you can all put your hands down now...lol
what??? can't stand to be called down on the carpet??? get a life~!!
oh, FYI...I KNOW i'm a bitch...now, move on to your next cry for some sympathy...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mickey Cummings = RINO 1 hr Slick picture mickey 693
School board=family 2 hr Dirt mover 28
vote them out 2 hr Rainfrog 53
ESPLOST. Friend or Foe? 3 hr Rainfrog 26
Clinton 9 hr Outside looking in 49
Mickey Cummings weekly column in the North Geor... Sat Ludlow Porch 17
Stop calling Floridians Floridiots, we are all ... (Sep '16) Sat No Thanks 23

Young Harris Jobs

Personal Finance

Young Harris Mortgages