raygirl35

Ellijay, GA

#21 Jan 5, 2011
fannin45 wrote:
well that station stinks
the music is horrible and the people are unfriendly I own a business in Blue ridge and one of the sales ladies for that station came in to talk to me about advertising
she was dressed like a stripper!!!
very unprofessional I know that I will never put my business on there !!!!!
i worked in there sales department almost 2 years ago and i can tell you that the sales manager told us all during a sales Conference that we were to "salt the accounts" we were all to visit different stores that were advertising with "US" and pose as customers that heard the stores ad on the Radio!!!
that may not be illegal but it sure as hell is not the way someone should do business. to me if a station is so worried about Getting there customers advertising that they would Cheat on there advertiser!!!!
ducktownradio

Ellijay, GA

#22 Jan 7, 2011
oldfart67 wrote:
what ever happend to the Guy that did the morning show on 770 am ???
he got fired for doing his Job
commonsense101

Hayesville, NC

#23 Jan 10, 2011
raygirl35 wrote:
<quoted text>
i worked in there sales department almost 2 years ago and i can tell you that the sales manager told us all during a sales Conference that we were to "salt the accounts" we were all to visit different stores that were advertising with "US" and pose as customers that heard the stores ad on the Radio!!!
that may not be illegal but it sure as hell is not the way someone should do business. to me if a station is so worried about Getting there customers advertising that they would Cheat on there advertiser!!!!
I disagree with you. But then again I have a degree in Business. All businesses should support businesses that support them. It is the way REAL people in real small town communities support one another. You claim to have worked for them, so it's unfortunate you don't understand the logic of someone saying shop at the stores that are spending money with your company, "support those that support you" Good for them, encouraging visiting the businesses and spending money with their advertisers.
raygirl35

Ellijay, GA

#24 Jan 10, 2011
if there station was doing what they were supposed to
they would not need to salt the accounts
the people listening would go buy a stores Great product !!!
that instructed several sales people to call different accounts and pose as legit customers thats wrong no matter witch way you put it
clueless

Hayesville, NC

#25 Jan 10, 2011
commonsense101 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you. But then again I have a degree in Business. All businesses should support businesses that support them. It is the way REAL people in real small town communities support one another. You claim to have worked for them, so it's unfortunate you don't understand the logic of someone saying shop at the stores that are spending money with your company, "support those that support you" Good for them, encouraging visiting the businesses and spending money with their advertisers.
I agree people should support each others local business and go to each others stores if they can afford to. The Girl that says she worked there must not have very much work experience or be from around here. I work at a bank and we try to get everybody to support our bank and use our bank and say good things about our bank, so if someone came in there and opened an account with us because thier manager told them to because we were spending money with them. All I can say is Thanks Ya'll we appreciate you doing business with us no matter why you do it!
murphy girl

Hayesville, NC

#26 Jan 10, 2011
raygirl35 wrote:
that instructed several sales people to call different accounts and pose as legit customers thats wrong no matter witch way you put it
You are crazy! I advertise with that station and others and I have a ton of customers from 95.1! Plus lots of people that work there come in to my store, I know them all they can't sneak in and out as if I don't know them! These are small towns! I am glad they buy stuff from me and send their friends and listeners! It seems like you just shared tricks of the trade on topix. Everybody has them.
frisky business owner

Hayesville, NC

#27 Jan 10, 2011
raygirl35 wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you the one that looked like a stripper when you worked there? Too bad it didn't work out. I love girls that look like strippers. Thanks Sales Manager- "You can send them in to salt my account anytime"
frisky business owner

Hayesville, NC

#28 Jan 10, 2011
ducktownradio wrote:
<quoted text>
he got fired for doing his Job
Why do you lie so much? You don't work with them! They made that obvious when they responded and answered the question about if they were closing. You keep saying hateful things about a company you claim writes you a paycheck! Nobody believes you could work for them and be so ignorant as to RISK YOUR JOB by constantly insulting them. I believe the post from 951crew is true because I listen to them everyday and that sounds like the people I listen to. If you actually work for them than prove it,tell me when to listen and identify yourself or admit you are another topix liar! Because I would bet a hundred bucks you don't! If you do they should drop you like dead weight
frisky business owner

Hayesville, NC

#29 Jan 10, 2011
dan6798 wrote:
i believe thats the place where Rebecca st John worked
the place was never much. but centrally went downhill when her daughter took over in 2006!
I have listened everyday and it was really sad when Rebecca died. You could tell they were sad. But if it is in fact her daughter and who ever else that has helped make the show go on over there. Than Kudos. Great station. I like every single person on there. Dan6798- judge not during peoples grief or criticize how they cope,put yourself in the shoes of the people left behind after death- shame on you. I hope you are from Florida.
ducktownradio

Ellijay, GA

#30 Jan 11, 2011
rebecca was a drunk
she ran that station into the Ground and cost the owner a lot of money
its one thing to listen to a station its quite another
to actually work for them
fannin30513

Ellijay, GA

#31 Jan 11, 2011
oh man!!!
on 95.1s facebook page they asked the question
What Business and roads were open!!!!
that makes me mad!!!
it was not all that long ago that when the Blizzard of 93 hit
At WLSB (95.1s sister station) the former owner of said station went up to the transmitter and broadcasted live to the community to keep them informed
people would call in and give info for the county
a true community station
does not have to ask the question that they asked
a true community station
is there with the answers
But i Guess the owners of 95.1 and wolf creek broadcasting do not give a crap about the listeners
oh and major kudos to the Girl on facebook that let them have it

Red

Blairsville, GA

#32 Jan 12, 2011
It seems these negative post are mostly coming from one poster, I like the current station and listen frequently.
peacekeeper

Jefferson, GA

#33 Jan 12, 2011
As an avid listener to 95.1 I find this thread to be hurtful and non-fact based. The obviously scorned "former employees" need to spend more time focusing on their current jobs and less time bashing this great COMMUNITY based radio station. I have had the pleasure of meeting most of "the crew" and found them to be genuinely happy to meet us at 3 different community events in the surrounding areas. Their DJs are fresh and entertaining. Their music is diverse and surprises me often. Jealousy and dated points of view lead to discussions such as this. Its 2011 be progressive enough to realize bashing is something you would not want to have happen to you or your business or friends and family. There's no point in it. This is supposed to be a Christian community let's strive to treat each other as we would like to be treated.
Keep up the great work 95.1! I am glad to have you to entertain and inform us in the sticks.
employee951

Ellijay, GA

#34 Jan 12, 2011
peacekeeper wrote:
As an avid listener to 95.1 I find this thread to be hurtful and non-fact based. The obviously scorned "former employees" need to spend more time focusing on their current jobs and less time bashing this great COMMUNITY based radio station. I have had the pleasure of meeting most of "the crew" and found them to be genuinely happy to meet us at 3 different community events in the surrounding areas. Their DJs are fresh and entertaining. Their music is diverse and surprises me often. Jealousy and dated points of view lead to discussions such as this. Its 2011 be progressive enough to realize bashing is something you would not want to have happen to you or your business or friends and family. There's no point in it. This is supposed to be a Christian community let's strive to treat each other as we would like to be treated.
Keep up the great work 95.1! I am glad to have you to entertain and inform us in the sticks.
is that you Mikellah??
karma watcher

Commerce, GA

#35 Jan 13, 2011
ducktownradio wrote:
rebecca was a drunk
she ran that station into the Ground and cost the owner a lot of money
its one thing to listen to a station its quite another
to actually work for them
you are wrong on so many levels.

How dare you! Shame on you! I knew and loved Rebecca, She was not a drunk! She had a heart of gold. You spread lies and nasty filth about a community based company and a great radio performer (R.I.P. Rockin' Rebecca) that helped bring happiness through local radio for many years. What kind of nasty filthy hearted person speaks ill of the dead AND spreads untruths? You continually claim to work with them,yet they don't claim you!
Doodle Bug

Las Vegas, NV

#36 Jan 13, 2011
Well, it's understandable they fired you after they found out how really illiterate you are. Of course YOU aren't meant To understand what "higher" management is doing. Go back TO SCHOOL!
raygirl35 wrote:
Doodle Bug

Las Vegas, NV

#37 Jan 13, 2011
Amen, Frisky! Rebecca St. John was a saint! She is greatly missed & loved. I think 95.1 is a great station and it's something to be thankful for - not take for granted.
frisky business owner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have listened everyday and it was really sad when Rebecca died. You could tell they were sad. But if it is in fact her daughter and who ever else that has helped make the show go on over there. Than Kudos. Great station. I like every single person on there. Dan6798- judge not during peoples grief or criticize how they cope,put yourself in the shoes of the people left behind after death- shame on you. I hope you are from Florida.
quicksilver

Blue Ridge, GA

#38 Mar 13, 2011
has anyone heard anything else
i have heard a few things thats going along with what this thread has posted but it i have also heard other rumours!!!
please anyone tell me if they hear any thing!!
employee951

Blue Ridge, GA

#39 Mar 22, 2011
well its official
they are closing
the cause?
Bad management and an incompetent staff.
plain and simple. i warned them all that this would happen but they care more about getting a pay check than serving the community with the stations. so to the entire 95.1 fm staff congratulations on becoming a part of the unemployment line.
cart b4 the horse

United States

#40 Mar 23, 2011
Really 951employee? Hahahahahahahaha! so which are you? bad management or just incompetent employee? This station has struggled in a terrible economy and not because of a lack of care about the community. 951 will stay on the air as long as possible, hopefully forever!! It is true there is talk of changes, but nothing is final yet, and lots of positive energy is being directed at keeping this valuable community resource alive--- so as they- say its not over until "the fat lady sings", zip it, enjoy the music and if you are an employee (yuck)
it is no wonder they are struggling- you show true dedication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Nation = Revisionist History (Jun '10) 1 hr Barry Obama 23
Our New Sheriffs Dept (Jan '13) 3 hr Just Mike 1,013
hospital 5 hr Just saying 3
Gay Marriage 7 hr Timmys Friend 63
Good Neighbors in Florida 9 hr The Mountains Noise 9
Young Boy Stabbed (Jul '11) 10 hr suzan wise 15
Time To Clean Up Union County 13 hr GOP 339
Young Harris Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web