|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Judged:

Rumour has it that 95.1 FM is closing down
the station is up for sale and with the new year coming on
the station is not making money
I have a friend that is friends with the Owner and he cannot spend the money on the stations any more!!
Nanny 9

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

Is that the station that is in YH and has "the best mix in the sticks" logo? In any case it's sad news because somebodies joy in running a business is lost and people are out of work. Listeners lose out too.

Fingers crossed that the rumors are wrong,

Nanny 9
fannin45

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

well that station stinks
the music is horrible and the people are unfriendly I own a business in Blue ridge and one of the sales ladies for that station came in to talk to me about advertising
she was dressed like a stripper!!!
very unprofessional I know that I will never put my business on there !!!!!
Nanny 9

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

fannin45 wrote:
well that station stinks
the music is horrible and the people are unfriendly I own a business in Blue ridge and one of the sales ladies for that station came in to talk to me about advertising
Did you address it with the station owner? Do you have proof positive that the owner knew and condoned that she went out like that?

What did YOU do to help a fellow businessman? That is IF this station closing story is a truth and not a rumor. How would your dreams be shattered if you had no choice but to close your business and lay people off?

As for not liking the music. Don't listen.

If we are talking about the best mix in the sticks station I can tell you that in the summer of 2007 I interviewed there for a job opening. Nobody was rude to me and it was very easy to be at ease talking with the ladies conducting the interview. Had they of hired me it would have been a great joy working with them. God had other plans and blessed me with a job in Hayesville.
Brad

Hayesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

fannin45 wrote:
well that station stinks
I think it is the best radio station I have ever heard in the stix. If that lady comes by my business we can probably work out a deal.
radioman4567

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

you Guys have no clue what it takes to run a radio station and what is really going on behind the scenes! not only does the owner own 95.1 fm he also owns 1400 am in copperhill and 770 am in young harris
people have to know how to do community radio and if your not on your toes you loose money
also Best mix in the Stix is not the only show in town anymore!! even WPPL in blue ridge is loosing money these days
ducktownradio

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

yes its true i work for Wolf creek Broadcasting and they are closing down there stations this year!!!!
dan6798

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

Judged:

i believe thats the place where Rebecca st John worked
the place was never much. but centrally went downhill when her daughter took over in 2006!
Brad

Hayesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Why are all these posters but me showing up Elijay?
radioman4567

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

if you get your Internet from etc it will show up
from Ellijay!
I am from blue ridge and have the same problem
Brad

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

I guess most of the 95.1 people posting are etc customers I just see that as unusual. I still have hopes that 95.1 will stay in their current format. I would not mind their playlist being modifies but I do not believe their mix is aimed at my age group, but I still enjoy most of their product.
ridgegirl101

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

i wish that 95.1 would make some kind of announcement! on this i have seen a few post on there Facebook about it!! i hate it when a radio station just shuts down with out warning the community! they owe us that much!!!
ducktownradio

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

ridgegirl101 wrote:
i wish that 95.1 would make some kind of announcement! on this i have seen a few post on there Facebook about it!! i hate it when a radio station just shuts down with out warning the community! they owe us that much!!!
that station will not tell you anything! you will wake up one day and it will be gone!!! thats part of the Company's tradition of Non communication.
and they are a RADIO station for crying out loud!!!
JCJLGMAN

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

tried to listen to 1400 am in copperhill today to her the Mccaysvill first Baptist church service and the station was off the air !
i know that this is the same bunch its all under wolf creek broadcasting
951 CREW

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

The Station is not "going dark." Please keep listening, we believe in this. We hope that all of our local communities have a great 2011! We love our listeners and advertisers! Listen online at www.951.fm
Nambi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

951 CREW wrote:
The Station is not "going dark." Please keep listening, we believe in this. We hope that all of our local communities have a great 2011! We love our listeners and advertisers! Listen online at www.951.fm
Sounds great!
Help America

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

I don't see why there is all of this fuss and accusations about how the station is doing business. Hellooooo People! The whole country is going out of business! The best thing we can do is support eachother, not try to rip eachother & eachothers' businesses apart.
radioman4567 wrote:
you Guys have no clue what it takes to run a radio station and what is really going on behind the scenes! not only does the owner own 95.1 fm he also owns 1400 am in copperhill and 770 am in young harris
people have to know how to do community radio and if your not on your toes you loose money
also Best mix in the Stix is not the only show in town anymore!! even WPPL in blue ridge is loosing money these days
justanotherface

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

fannin45 wrote:
well that station stinks
This station does not stink! They play the best classics and some newer hits. If you can't enjoy the classics the there is something wrong. I have an appreciation for this station.
batman3478

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Judged:

951 CREW wrote:
whats up with this station and the sister stations
one post says they are definitely going off air and the other says they are not
one Guy says he works for Wolf creek broadcasting and you guys say you are the crew
Who are we to believe?
oldfart67

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

what ever happend to the Guy that did the morning show on 770 am ???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Young Harris Discussions

Search the Young Harris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
internmnt camp children 3 hr Curmudgeon 8
Local College 4 hr Dough Dough 19
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr silverfox 50,398
Drunk Driver (Jan '14) 7 hr gloria 67
Kudos - area PD 7 hr Netlimp 24
BRMEMC bylaws 8 hr Ron 3
New business in town 10 hr Local 63
•••
•••

Young Harris News Video

•••
Young Harris Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••