First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Parent

Jefferson, GA

#1 Mar 5, 2013
The Governor removed over half the Dekalb County school Board for incompetence, failure to do their job, nepotism and poor management.
I know one complaint has been filed with his office about our School Board. I urge all of you who write her to file a complaint. It's the only way to stop the Superintendent and School Board from continuing their destruction of our schools.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/279046/40...
Jack

Hiawassee, GA

#2 Mar 5, 2013
Parent wrote:
The Governor removed over half the Dekalb County school Board for incompetence, failure to do their job, nepotism and poor management.
I know one complaint has been filed with his office about our School Board. I urge all of you who write her to file a complaint. It's the only way to stop the Superintendent and School Board from continuing their destruction of our schools.
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/279046/40...
Yeah, yeah, Dumbo, you "know," you "read," you "heard".... Once again, you miserable moron, you don't know Jack.
Paris

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Mar 5, 2013
Nepotism will get 3/5 board members removed!
florence

Opelika, AL

#4 Mar 5, 2013
Paris wrote:
Nepotism will get 3/5 board members removed!
remove the superintendent. why would you move the current principal to be a "modified graduation coach" and help the homebound. that doesn't sound like using his qualifications to the fullest. Then you promote the assis princ. Let's hire more teachers for smaller math groups and smaller language arts classes and not waste in admin jobs. We could have more teachers if we quit hiring admin pple. and we need to slim down the school bd office.

Is it about helping the students or finding jobs for her friends.
next she will be bringing Gibson's Dad here.
four

Warrior, AL

#5 Mar 5, 2013
That would be 4/5.
another comment

Duluth, GA

#6 Mar 5, 2013
Maybe Gov.Deal will remove them all as in Dekalb and the system in Savannah.
PhD

Franklin, NC

#7 Mar 5, 2013
Finally someone has arrived at a solution that could make a difference!
Let's get the ball rolling!!!!
Sorry

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Mar 6, 2013
PhD wrote:
Finally someone has arrived at a solution that could make a difference!
Let's get the ball rolling!!!!
All it will take is for about a dozen of you whiners to file complaints with the Georgia Department of education and the Governors office and it will happen. Plenty of violations of Sunshine laws, nepotism and misuse of public funds.
Have some guts. You will have to sign your name to the complaint. You can't hide behind a screen name.
Yea

Hiawassee, GA

#9 Mar 6, 2013
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>All it will take is for about a dozen of you whiners to file complaints with the Georgia Department of education and the Governors office and it will happen. Plenty of violations of Sunshine laws, nepotism and misuse of public funds.
Have some guts. You will have to sign your name to the complaint. You can't hide behind a screen name.
Yeah, Dumbo, step up.
florence

Opelika, AL

#10 Mar 6, 2013
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>All it will take is for about a dozen of you whiners to file complaints with the Georgia Department of education and the Governors office and it will happen. Plenty of violations of Sunshine laws, nepotism and misuse of public funds.
Can we impeach the superintendent? In a time where all the Georgia schools are making budget cuts, we are increasing administration costs. hmmm.
OMG

Dawsonville, GA

#11 Mar 6, 2013
florence wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we impeach the superintendent? In a time where all the Georgia schools are making budget cuts, we are increasing administration costs. hmmm.
Read the letter in the paper this week. She might get fired or quit. She got called out.
Reader

Duluth, GA

#12 Mar 6, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text> Read the letter in the paper this week. She might get fired or quit. She got called out.
I just read it! Interesting letter.How can anyone honestly disagree with it.
Letter to Editor

Twinsburg, OH

#13 Mar 6, 2013
Every voter should read Letter To The Editor in this weeks paper. Ever wonder who is behind the BOE
getting re-elected?
Parent

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Mar 6, 2013
Letter to Editor wrote:
Every voter should read Letter To The Editor in this weeks paper. Ever wonder who is behind the BOE
getting re-elected?
I'm really stunned the paper ran it. He called them out for not doing their job.
If the board lets the hiring of that kid stand they might just get run out of town. From the Frat house to the White House, what a great line.
florence

Opelika, AL

#15 Mar 6, 2013
Letter to Editor wrote:
getting re-elected?
The BOE. They don't have a clue. They just do what the superintendent recommends. which is scary.
Brooklyn, NY

#16 Mar 6, 2013
Where did the post go that were discussing the meetings and hiring?
Momofmany

Cornelia, GA

#17 Mar 6, 2013
The Letter to the Editor is quite concerning, not because of the content, but because of credibility issues. How is it that this "writer" seems to have so much information about a man that he admitingly has never met? Does this "writer" have an inside source within the school board? How did this "writer" enter a dug-out and provoke an altercation with a coach and still be admitted on school grounds? It appears that the school board did this "writer" a favor by looking over what he did in front of parents, students, faculty members, and other observers.
The "writer" notes that a position can be filled without advertisement because of specific issues. Did this "writer" also request a personnel file of the individual that was removed? Personnel issues are not something that can be discussed with anyone. Perhaps the Superintendent filled this position because of reasons she cannot discuss with the public.
Stop speculating about something you know nothing about. Better yet, why not schedule a meeting with Mrs. Williams and Mr. Gibson and voice your concerns and then if you are not satisfied, file a complaint. It would be appropriate to question the Superintendent at a meeting with parents, I don't recall any concern from this "writer" at the last meeting that was called.
First gain control of your own and then worry about others, "Mr. Writer". Everything here is not fictitious! The readers of this letter should be able to call bs when they read it. Wise up Towns County, let this Superintendent make productive changes where they are needed. I agree the school board is lacking, so why not try to make changes there?
Momofmany

Cornelia, GA

#18 Mar 6, 2013
florence wrote:
<quoted text>
The BOE. They don't have a clue. They just do what the superintendent recommends. which is scary.
The problems of this county were going on long before this Superintendent. She is attempting to correct someone else's mistakes. You are right, the BOE doesn't have a clue, but the Superintendent does.
Thank you

Dawsonville, GA

#19 Mar 6, 2013
Momofmany wrote:
The Letter to the Editor is quite concerning, not because of the content, but because of credibility issues. How is it that this "writer" seems to have so much information about a man that he admitingly has never met? Does this "writer" have an inside source within the school board? How did this "writer" enter a dug-out and provoke an altercation with a coach and still be admitted on school grounds? It appears that the school board did this "writer" a favor by looking over what he did in front of parents, students, faculty members, and other observers.
The "writer" notes that a position can be filled without advertisement because of specific issues. Did this "writer" also request a personnel file of the individual that was removed? Personnel issues are not something that can be discussed with anyone. Perhaps the Superintendent filled this position because of reasons she cannot discuss with the public.
Stop speculating about something you know nothing about. Better yet, why not schedule a meeting with Mrs. Williams and Mr. Gibson and voice your concerns and then if you are not satisfied, file a complaint. It would be appropriate to question the Superintendent at a meeting with parents, I don't recall any concern from this "writer" at the last meeting that was called.
First gain control of your own and then worry about others, "Mr. Writer". Everything here is not fictitious! The readers of this letter should be able to call bs when they read it. Wise up Towns County, let this Superintendent make productive changes where they are needed. I agree the school board is lacking, so why not try to make changes there?
Your response here verifies what many of us were thinking from your previous posts. Your arguments are worthless and without merit. The position was not advertised. It was filled by a friend who is probably not the most qualified person available for the job. That type of hiring practices and politics has gotten this town and school into the mess it is in.
For you information this whole hiring and change of positions was done at the board meeting last month which was behind closed doors. It would not have mattered who was there. You could not get in.
The writer has the guts to sign his name. That's more than you or me. That is taking a step toward fixing things around here.
For the record I was at the game last season when the altercation took place in the dug out. The Coach should have been arrested on the spot. That parent did not start it. The only reason the coach was not arrested is the deputy was his buddy. That is one of the reasons that deputy is not around here anymore. Clinton knows there are videos as did the school board. There are at least two phone videos of the whole thing. That is also why the school board canned him They knew if they pulled their pray over it or warning not to do it again bull, they would get their pants sued off. I hope he sues you for what you just wrote. I know for a fact he is very good friends with Stookey. I bet they will have your ISP by sundown tomorrow.
Have a nice day tomorrow at the Administration office.
Letter to Editor

Twinsburg, OH

#20 Mar 6, 2013
florence wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the BOE doesn't 'have a clue'; some people have been around long enough to understand who is behind the re- election of board members. In my opinion it isn't actually the Supt. running the school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Young Harris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snakes 3 hr Elmer 14
sunday sales 6 hr Ellijay 12
nasty hoe 6 hr theresa 5
sheriff 2016 8 hr Educator 278
massage 9 hr rolling n d hay 1
Jenny Craig 10 hr Betty Bopster 12
new coffee shop on the square 12 hr Timmys Friend 76
More from around the web

Young Harris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE