Landfill site owner sues opponent for defamation

The owner of a proposed landfill site here is suing a vocal opponent of the planned facility for defaming him at a recent City Council meeting. Full Story
Eric Bloom

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 5, 2007
If I had the resources I would sue this Hamman character for defaming my property value.

It is discusting that officials are allowing this garbage dump to be built. We have to vote these people out of office.

Eric
Todd Milliron

La Porte, IN

#2 Feb 26, 2007
Eric,

I'm the guy being sued by Mr. Hamman for exercising my right to free speech at the 1-23-2007 public hearing in front of the Yorkville City Council. I want others to exercise thier right to free speech at the Landfill Siting Hearing that starts on March 8th. Anyone interested in speaking about thier concerns regarding the Fox Moraine Landfill 3 miles from Yorkville's resident population needs to register with City Hall now. See this link to down load the needed form, it needs to be turned into city hall on or before 3-7-2007 to City Clerk at 800 Game Farm Road. Yorkville, Il. 60560. Copy and paste in Browser box.

http://www.yorkville.il.us/docs/participation...

I can be reached at Tmilli5101@aol.com or contact Mark@fogy.biz for Friends of Greater Yorkville who is coordinating opposition to Fox Moraine Landfill.

Fogy website is www.FOGY.Biz

Please get involved now before it is to late.

Todd Milliron
Todd Milliron

Oswego, IL

#3 Jun 4, 2007
UPDATE - Hamman Defamation of Character lawsuit against Todd Milliron was dismissed on 5-22-2007 by Judge McCann, Milliron's Right to Free Speech confirmed from Citizens Comments made to Yorkville City Council on 1-23-2007 Public Hearing regarding redo of Hamman Landfill annexation was an exercise of Free Speech allowed by Illinois Supreme Court. For more landfill info and Yorkville election info see: www.Yorkvilleinsider.org .

Todd Milliron
Rhonda Tignor

Fairfield, OH

#4 Nov 24, 2008
Todd Milliron wrote:
UPDATE - Hamman Defamation of Character lawsuit against Todd Milliron was dismissed on 5-22-2007 by Judge McCann, Milliron's Right to Free Speech confirmed from Citizens Comments made to Yorkville City Council on 1-23-2007 Public Hearing regarding redo of Hamman Landfill annexation was an exercise of Free Speech allowed by Illinois Supreme Court. For more landfill info and Yorkville election info see: www.Yorkvilleinsider.org .
Todd Milliron
Todd I would like more information about the lawsuit filed against you. I live in a small community outside of Cincinnati OH and have just been slapped with the same type of lawsuit for complaining to the township about an unsanitary land next to me. Please contact me at rtignor@cinci.rr.com. Thank you Rhonda
moveoutof60560no w

Palm Coast, FL

#5 Feb 11, 2009
get out of yorkville now
i already emailed chris lauzen and pat lindner two years ago
all they did was call me and give me "pat" answers
waste management is the outfit
the entire town is the union outfit
get out now before the whole place turns mexican
unknown

Oswego, IL

#6 Oct 23, 2010
WOW- what a stupid statement - your right get out we don't need more ignorent people in this town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yorkville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i like to sex my retarded daughter (Sep '13) Thu BUMP BUMP 10
Hi Feb 24 lou 2
Now that you have a new puppy it is time to tra... Feb 24 !!! 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora Feb 23 Mandy T 14
Condo manager critical of Neighborhood Watch (Jun '13) Feb 22 resident 5
Review: Sparkle Express (Oct '11) Feb 20 Shame on you 8
Local money should stay local Feb 19 ClownPuncher 2
Yorkville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Yorkville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future