Nothing wrong with dreaming

Nothing wrong with dreaming

There are 4 comments on the Evening Sun story from May 6, 2010, titled Nothing wrong with dreaming. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Some people are just dreamers. They dream little dreams, like being able to leave work early and go fishing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

TooMuchPower TooFewHands

Shippensburg, PA

#1 May 7, 2010
"Also, municipalities more and more are taking advantage of shared services. There are regional zoning plans now in place, for instance, and joint bidding for things like road materials. These cooperative programs save money and improve service.
County-based government would only do more of the same. "
That is definitetly an opinion and not fact stated above. The shared services work and save money for the very reason that each municipallity involved looks out for the interest of the locality they represent. There is no proof that same thing would occur in a "once-removed" type of government system, if Harrisburg representation is any example of how people get represented.
The money would get concentrated in the county seat and the little guys would never see anything more than a pittance thrown their way once in a while. We know for a fact that more power in fewer hands is not a democracy.
That style of governing exist in Md. and as you can see, as many people as possibly can move to Pa. If the system is so great there would never be an exodus from there. Get real.
Larry

Baltimore, MD

#2 May 7, 2010
To make matters even worse, maryland liberals in the State House will withhold funds from localities represented by conservative politicians. Pennsylvania does not need that kind of capability, as there is little doubt that it will be abused.
FHS 85

York, PA

#3 May 12, 2010
I grew up in Maryland....came via Michigan so I am not an exodus transplant. The county system of government has always made sense to me. I wish the school districts would do the same. Do you realize how much money PA citizens are paying for over and over again. Think Superintendents salaries some 6 figures. Property taxes and income taxes are lower. YEs, the liberals in the People's Republic of MD dom't always play fair but neither does our states politicians. I don't think that is a Md or PA thing. I am all for a county system. Change the schools to a county system too please.
Agreed

Newville, PA

#4 May 21, 2010
I was born in Adams County, then moved to Frederick MD for several years, now am back in Adams County for the last 7 yrs. I have lived under both styles of government, and the county only method they use in MD, has always made more sense to me. When you have all these little township governments, there becomes too many people with power and little over-sight. Then things happen sloppy, confusing, and with longer timelines to get things accomplished. I think that if PA would go to county style governing, things would run much better, along with saving us tons of tax money by paying all of these people. Especially since the population is steadly increasing. By the way, I do not think people from MD are moving to PA because of MD county style governing, I think they are moving up here because it's cheaper to live here then in MD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wow actavis discontinued but you can still get ... (Jan '16) Dec 29 Generation Wuss 4
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Dec '16 Philly Landlord 91
News York Springs hires new tax collector aftera Aug '16 honest3tax2collec... 1
Help finding property Jul '16 Clementine 1
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' (Dec '15) Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9
News Child rapist gets 13 years (Nov '10) Jul '15 hot mamma 41
News Brian C. McCauslin Courtesy: Somerset County Pr... (Jun '11) Oct '14 bleuone 23

York Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

York Springs Mortgages