Judicial candidates square off

Judicial candidates square off

There are 28 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 31, 2011, titled Judicial candidates square off. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

The eight people running for two magisterial district judge seats in Adams County have too many qualifications to count between them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dude

Fannettsburg, PA

#24 Apr 3, 2011
The 51-03-04 race is an UGLY one..lots of mud to sling in several directions!!
Copsrok

Wrightsville, PA

#25 Apr 3, 2011
yup wrote:
Sorry, but just because you pass a 5 week course and get a certificate doesn't qualify you for a Dist. Mag. position. Those officers vying for Zepps position know all to well your street job is merely investigating a complaint and citing all parties involved and let the courts figure it out because you lack the initial experience to handle it on the streets..If you can't make a logical decision on the street, what makes either one of you think you can do a lawyers JOB...All to many times law enforcement officers are the ones filling the courts with miniscule BS, because they lack experience!!!! not a hater of police, but really your expertise is limited....
Sounds like someone flunked the police exam and has contempt toward all in blue now!
Other Opinion

Shippensburg, PA

#26 Apr 3, 2011
Nice Work wrote:
be careful about electing incompetence into the office of district magistrate! Hollinger is the most qualified, experienced, and competent!
there was once a construction worker elected to a magisterial position in york county who had no previous experience in this arena. hopefully that guy looses his seat this time around.
Ok "Nice Work" you must be an attorney and apparently do not understand how the system really works. Just because you have a law degree doesn't give you common sense. For your information, 75% of the legislatures in Harrisburg, that enact and amend the law you live by, are non-attorneys. They were, in fact, common people(like construction workers, etc) voted into office by their peers. I want someone who will be fair, compassionate, and has common sense in upholding the law. A law degree is not a prerequisite for the Magisterial District Judge position.
jwow

Hanover, PA

#27 Apr 3, 2011
Other Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok "Nice Work" you must be an attorney and apparently do not understand how the system really works. Just because you have a law degree doesn't give you common sense. For your information, 75% of the legislatures in Harrisburg, that enact and amend the law you live by, are non-attorneys. They were, in fact, common people(like construction workers, etc) voted into office by their peers. I want someone who will be fair, compassionate, and has common sense in upholding the law. A law degree is not a prerequisite for the Magisterial District Judge position.
unfortunately not!
Concerned Resident

East Berlin, PA

#28 Apr 4, 2011
Dear Other Opinion.

75% of legislators are not attorneys. Correct. They won popularity contests. But in case you have never paid attention, when the legislators think of a law, it is drafted and researched and then written by attorneys.
Next, who do you think teaches at the Minor Judiciarys' District Justice seminars ? Attorneys are the teachers. It will not be long before our legislators will require District Judges to be an attorney, just as commonwealth and superior court judges must be. Again, serious matters require knowledge and competence. An attorney is immediately qualified.
Attorney Hollinger has a known proven record.
Fair, compentent, qualified and respected. He is the ONLY canidate supported and endorsed by the fraternal order of police. If the police officers in our county and community are endorsing only him, then he probably must be the most qualified canidate.
As a local business man in New Oxford, If I have to go to the District Judges office in January of this coming year to evict a tenant or collect on a bad check, I don't want to have to deal with somebody who is going through ON THE JOB TRAINING. If Mr. Little or Mr. Fishel desire to be a District Judge, they need to go to law school, pass the bar and then I will assess this issue then. Mr. Little did not pass the District Judge course and Mr. Fishel has left his certification expire and will have to go through the course again. Until presented with real qualifications, I will continue to support Attorney Hollinger. Simply noted, I am looking out for my own interests, my familys' interests and our communitys' interests.
15 years of continuous practice of the law, day in and day out in court, is experience neither of the other canidates can even come close too in any comparison with Attorney Hollinger's qualifications.

Big Brother

Carlisle, PA

#30 Apr 5, 2011
Concerned Resident wrote:
Dear Other Opinion.
75% of legislators are not attorneys. Correct. They won popularity contests. But in case you have never paid attention, when the legislators think of a law, it is drafted and researched and then written by attorneys.
Next, who do you think teaches at the Minor Judiciarys' District Justice seminars ? Attorneys are the teachers. It will not be long before our legislators will require District Judges to be an attorney, just as commonwealth and superior court judges must be. Again, serious matters require knowledge and competence. An attorney is immediately qualified.
Attorney Hollinger has a known proven record.
Fair, compentent, qualified and respected. He is the ONLY canidate supported and endorsed by the fraternal order of police. If the police officers in our county and community are endorsing only him, then he probably must be the most qualified canidate.
As a local business man in New Oxford, If I have to go to the District Judges office in January of this coming year to evict a tenant or collect on a bad check, I don't want to have to deal with somebody who is going through ON THE JOB TRAINING. If Mr. Little or Mr. Fishel desire to be a District Judge, they need to go to law school, pass the bar and then I will assess this issue then. Mr. Little did not pass the District Judge course and Mr. Fishel has left his certification expire and will have to go through the course again. Until presented with real qualifications, I will continue to support Attorney Hollinger. Simply noted, I am looking out for my own interests, my familys' interests and our communitys' interests.
15 years of continuous practice of the law, day in and day out in court, is experience neither of the other canidates can even come close too in any comparison with Attorney Hollinger's qualifications.
How can you live with yourself? This is about the most arrogent post that I have ever read.How do you think you know so much about two people that you don't know? How do you know that one did not pass and the other allowed his certification to expire? This information was never made public. How do you know that either one will not be certified by Jan?

You are supporting Hollinger in any case, He is only endorsed by the state police FOP lodge that he has represented. Not all of the "county police" as you say even like him, let alone endorse him Why did he represent the state police? Why because his roomate of 15 years is a trooper. It makes for a happy family. If you own a business in new oxford you probably know all about that relationship.
Robert

Gettysburg, PA

#31 Apr 5, 2011
Twp Resident wrote:
In regards to District 51-3-04, perhaps you might want to read this article before making an informed decision at the voting booth.
http://www.policeone.com/SWAT/articles/91577-...
I just read the times article...... Mr morris said he could not comment???????I have also read the court case, It was "released without merit" by the presiding Judge, Which means that Mr Morris failed to prove his case. there was no confidentiality agreement, so he can comment about it, he just does not want to comment,Obviously, his attorney commented. Does he think we are stupid? So Mr. Morris is lying again?? Funny on his tripwire .org website he states that he has received "Numerous commendations from the FBI" REALLY? Before or after he lied to them? Just took my Morris yard sign down.
Robert

Gettysburg, PA

#32 Apr 5, 2011
I don't think Morris works for dept of homeland security, he might be an independent contractor? his website works with the dept but not for them?? another lie? form butler twp not red lion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Jun 2 Tammy DeLucia 73
News Man sentenced for spitting on state trooper, br... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Cumberland County bridge replacement plans now ... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' (Dec '15) Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9
wow actavis discontinued but you can still get ... Feb '16 Szzrup 3
News Police: Bust shows heroin trade has changed (Sep '09) Jan '16 SHANNY 14
News Heroin bust results surprise even cops (Sep '09) Jan '16 Robert Raymond Ho... 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

York Springs Mortgages