Chief: Driver of bus in D.C.-area cra...

Chief: Driver of bus in D.C.-area crash was retired Hanover police ...

There are 9 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Chief: Driver of bus in D.C.-area crash was retired Hanover police .... In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Joseph Clabaugh before he retired in 1999. "If that doesn't describe his impact," Whitson said, "I don't know what does." Clabaugh, 66, of Hanover, died Wednesday after a bus he was driving fell 45 feet off a skyramp of the Capital Beltway and landed below along Interstate 270 in Bethesda, Md.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

A Travesty of Justice

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Were these folks from St. Patrick's Church and school in South Middleton Twp. Carlisle? My prayers are with them all! I suspect the driver had a heart attack as the scenerio sounds so familiar. My hear goes out to his family as well and my prayers!
Jones

Dover, PA

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Clabaugh fit the stereotypical image of a police officer, Whitson said. He stood like a statue, in well-shined boots.

and what does that mean?
hanover lifer

Mechanicsburg, PA

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Jones wrote:
Clabaugh fit the stereotypical image of a police officer, Whitson said. He stood like a statue, in well-shined boots.
and what does that mean?
How hard is it to figure out strong, respectful, brave and neat, sharp, orderly...need I go on?

Don't tell me you want to start the police officer bashing?
Duh

Fannettsburg, PA

#4 Sep 30, 2010
This is simply awful . Not only have we lost a friend, family member and and neighbor, this hopefully will not give Wolfe's tours a black eye. Mr. Claybaugh was not only a great cop, but also a professional driver. That strip of roadway on I-270 is designed wrong. It suffers a reversed banking going into and off of that 500 foot high skyway. An accident like this was in the making for over 4 years. I wonder if the high winds were also a factor--since WBAL investigated 3 other accidents involving Box Trucks in Annapolis, that just fell over-- not an hour after this accident and many others were injured.
Jones

Dover, PA

#5 Sep 30, 2010
hanover lifer wrote:
<quoted text>
How hard is it to figure out strong, respectful, brave and neat, sharp, orderly...need I go on?
Don't tell me you want to start the police officer bashing?
ha ha, you are trying to make us laugh! good job because it worked. Now, if we are serious, we can add drunk, punk, criminal, bully, unducated....close minded...
hanover lifer

Hanover, PA

#7 Sep 30, 2010
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha, you are trying to make us laugh! good job because it worked. Now, if we are serious, we can add drunk, punk, criminal, bully, unducated....close minded...
I can't help but wonder where you got your education, unducated never heard that word before. I can see how sharp you are...about as sharp as a marble!! Not even smart enough to run spell check. NOW THAT'S FUNNY
Listen up idiots

York, PA

#8 Sep 30, 2010
Joe Clabaugh was only 66. He was not an invalid. He was an outstanding police officer for the Borough of Hanover. He logged over a million miles without incident while working for Wolfe. How dare you questions his ability to work or drive.

Go shove your nasty comments up your a__
shining example

Lebanon, PA

#9 Sep 30, 2010
I have heard nothing but Good Comments about Mr Clabaugh. Whether in his job as a police officer or driving for Wolf's, this man obviously had the respect of all he came in contact with.

May his family, friends, and community remember all the good times and memories. He was cut down too early in life, that is for sure.

As for the adverse comments posted by some
"small minded writers" -- I would say Hanover was lucky to have such a fine example, as he sounds like a man who gave the public the respect they deserved while performing his duties for the community. That type of police officer is hard to find - but exactly what people in that field should be.

Godspeed, Joe Clabaugh
shining example

Lebanon, PA

#10 Sep 30, 2010
... and praying for the full recovery of all those injuried. Obviously there was a guardian angel looking out for them that day, as this accident could have been far worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

York Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help finding property Thu Clementine 1
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Jul 14 man bull 77
News Man sentenced for spitting on state trooper, br... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Cumberland County bridge replacement plans now ... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Rutter's Opens 'Monument to Convenience' (Dec '15) Feb '16 Steve Gratman 9
wow actavis discontinued but you can still get ... (Jan '16) Feb '16 Szzrup 3
News Police: Bust shows heroin trade has changed (Sep '09) Jan '16 SHANNY 14

York Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance